ADVERTISEMENT

Why change the Chat? Change all the other boards, Slopeheads, imo**

Re: So why change it?*

We have no control. Yahoo is building brand new message boards. Since all the boards are being formatted the same they can't put up 535 boards as topic and have one as thread
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If it's really coming from Rivals and not the ugasports.com folks...

This is your likely reason...

I'm guessing that whatever forum software and backend database they're using defaults to topic view rather than thread view. If they've got 500 different forums/databases/schemas they have to update having a couple one-offs in there makes management a lot more difficult. It's much easier to automate maintenance if everything is the same.

One of the most important aspects to get right in change management in IT is trying to keep things as similar as possible. Its possible that whatever software they are going to has thread view, they just aren't gonna keep it around as a "one off" in the system.

This post was edited on 4/16 1:35 PM by pbddawg

I don't see how you follow the other boards..

Jibberish. I have to open your post to even see what you are saying...dumb.

This post was edited on 4/16 1:37 PM by McDonoughDawg

Re: If it's really coming from Rivals and not the ugasports.com folks...

As I've explained, it's a Network wide deal. They have built new message boards with different, better infrastructure with a lot of upgraded easy to use features folks will really like if they give it a shot.

IF you have to open posts to see where the discussion is going

that is not an improvement. Who thinks that is?

No argument here...

Just explaining that from an IT perspective what I said is probably why it's going away if this is being driven by the network. I worked as an engineer for a web hosting company that you know very well for 10+ years deploying stuff just like we're talking about and this fits right in line with best practices.

Why don't you and Radi just have a spin-off and call it the Chat.........

you can buy out Yahoo just for the one board. I have read about all the changes but sometimes it becomes analysis paralysis. What made the Chat great was the thread view.thats what made it unique,that's why this board was the only one to use it. I realize technology is a great thing but a good example of where simplicity will always have it's place is I always do a"gig" on Thursday nights and I can promise you 75% of the people there will be glued to their phones not even talking to the person across from them and eating with one hand and texting/Facebooking with the other,sad but true. That sad state of affairs has everything to do with technology becoming more"user friendly,easier,faster" And that my friend is not always best.

This post was edited on 4/16 1:51 PM by bamakp

Sad to see folks out with others and staring at phones..

like nobody else is around. I don't get it. Glad to see others feel the same way.

When me and the little woman go out we take 1 phone and it stays......

in her purse. I don't need to be that connected to the world or think I'm going to miss something............ridiculous.

Sometimes we get real crazy and leave them both at home..

And go out drinking on the golf cart. Peachtree City is good for that.

And damn, Grouper has gotten HIGH. IF you can even find it.

For one board?????? I'm just talking about the Chat nothing more........

nothing less.You can get out of a. non-compete clause because we don't care how fast a 16 yr old runs or benches nor do we care to watch film of a kid. That's a little creepy. Just give us thread,BBQ,boobs and BEER!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 4/16 2:05 PM by bamakp

Re: For one board?????? I'm just talking about the Chat nothing more........

Boards are not bought and sold separately. Everything you see on the site - including forums - is under the Rivals/UGASports umbrella.
Even if we "bought" another board where would we put it?
I understand you dont dig the recruiting part and that's fine. But us breaking away from Yahoo/Rivals to put up our own free thread board wouldn't pay many bills either

I never said free, charge $5 a month and take PayPal and you can start.....

picking out interiors for your new G-VI

This post was edited on 4/16 2:20 PM by bamakp

Re: I never said free, charge $5 a month and take PayPal and you can start.....

Then we'd be breaking our contract with Yahoo and I'd hate to tell my wife we've got to sell the house.
....and that doesn't count all the people who would complain about having to pay anything at all

Well that would suck. Anywho thanks for the responses, good luck...........

I'll stick around to see so as my dad always told me,"time will tell".

Re: Well that would suck. Anywho thanks for the responses, good luck...........

I'm personally excited about them. Easier to use and lots of new features. Easier to post pics and links as well, but best of all site will be faster without any of the bugs that we've seen the last few years.

Re: IF you have to open posts to see where the discussion is going

apparently yahoo corporate, if something is working fine, why mess with it, the way of the world I guess......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT