ADVERTISEMENT

Why supporting Ukraine matters

If you don’t love billions of American tax dollars being used to slaughter Europeans and provoking Russia into a hot war do you even love America?
I’m curious, which slaughtered Europeans are you referencing here? The ones we are helping to defend themselves from an entirely unjustified attack and who have been subject to countless war crimes? Or are we discussing the European invaders who have committed the war crimes?

History provides a very clear indication of what happens when you appease someone like Putin. It never works.

Your background
In the House, 37 out of 250 Dems voted against the aid bill to Israel. 21 republicans also voted against it.

In the Senate, 15 of the 18 who voted against the aid package were Republicans.

The messaging from the Biden administration, while critical of Netanyahu (who only has about 27% support in Israel), has been very consistent regarding support for Israel overall.

Harris strongly denounced the pro-Hammas protestors, and the administration clearly gave the green light for the successful Beirut/Tehran operations this week.
This is one of your own who might vote for Trump specifically because of the democrat lack of commitment to Israel. A liberal Jewish guy who can’t stand Trump.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
I’m fine helping to support Ukraine some, what I don’t understand is why Democrats won’t do the same for Israel who’s a much better ally to US than Ukraine has ever been. Make it make sense…
Because Hamas poses no threat to global peace - they can’t start, or win WW3. Russia can.

Victor Orban? One of Trump's authoritarian buds who has massively restricted freedom of the press and clamped down on personal freedoms while driving the 2023 inflation rate to over 20%? The same Orban who has gutted judicial independence?

I would almost put him in the same category as Putin. Whatever comes out of hid mouth, I'd be inclined to believe the opposite.

US troops will be dying in Ukraine trenches at alarming rates for Ukraine soon enough. At this rate, very soon.

I don't want it but half the country does & so do our elected politicians & the MIC. Once WW3 starts, it won't end fast or painlessly.

No one in the West is trying to encourage peaceful ends to any of these regional wars. No one is trying to cool the tensions. It's all about escalation. War is the goal & we will get it

Last edited:
...ensuring that Putin does not win...

How? Are there limits? If Ukraine is unable to repel the invaders, how far should the US go? What's the upper limit for $$$? What do we not fund in our own military to support Ukraine?

My #1 issue is the complete lack of a strategy. There is nothing beyond "fund Ukraine until they defeat Russia" which is not a strategy. Sending F-16s to Ukraine is not a strategy. Sending billions is not a strategy.

This should be a bipartisan question. What's the plan?

Russia failing is 100% a good thing. But, your video doesn't help tell us HOW. The "why" is obvious. But, there is absolutely zero national leadership telling us how it's going to happen. We are treating military strategy like we're funding the aftermath of a natural disaster. It's stupid.

Not only will war with Russia & potentially WW3 lead to unimaginable casualties of US troops, but I feel there's a real chance sleeper cells from various threat nations will activate to attack us at home either through terror attacks or infrastructure attacks & we are incredibly vulnerable to cyber attacks/emps that could knock out our power grid for months if not years.

Everything about our society changes permanently if we get an emp or long scale power outage/water supply attack.

There will be no true winners of a WW3 & unlike the previous 2 WWs, this one has the potential to be heavily felt on the home front by Americans.

Not even factoring in the possiblity of nuclear war, WW3 has the potential for multiples more American civilian deaths than military deaths

Last edited:
Not only will war with Russia & potentially WW3 lead to unimaginable casualties of US troops, but I feel there's a real chance sleeper cells from various threat nations will activate to attack us at home either through terror attacks or infrastructure attacks & we are incredibly vulnerable to cyber attacks/emps that could knock out our power grid for months if not years.

Everything about our society changes permanently if we get an emp or long scale power outage/water supply attack.

There will be no true winners of a WW3 & unlike the previous 2 WWs, this one has the potential to be heavily felt on the home front by Americans.

Not even factoring in the possiblity of nuclear war, WW3 has the potential for multiples more American civilian deaths than military deaths
We will see terror attacks regardless of what happens with Russia and Ukraine. There numerous terrorists in our country and more I am sure are coming. It is a matter of time but no worries diplomacy will surely work. Sarcasm.

We will see terror attacks regardless of what happens with Russia and Ukraine. There numerous terrorists in our country and more I am sure are coming. It is a matter of time but no worries diplomacy will surely work. Sarcasm.
Well escalating tensions (vice diplomacy) is doing wonderful at cooling escalations.

Let's see the US is the biggest financer of the war, we give weapons, we approve those weapons to be used defensively, we give offensive weapons, we approve those weapons to be offensively, we approve Ukraine to target Russian assets in Russia. We have CIA on the ground in Ukraine, we are proving them intelligence & training. We have verified US special forces training & operating in Ukraine. We have American volunteer fighters in Ukraine. We promise Ukraine will be a NATO nation

It's only logical the next step in these escalations is US ground forces officially deploying to & ultimately dying fighting Russians in Ukraine. Do you want that? Is that an acceptable solution?

Well escalating tensions (vice diplomacy) is doing wonderful at cooling escalations.

Let's see the US is the biggest financer of the war, we give weapons, we approve those weapons to be used defensively, we give offensive weapons, we approve those weapons to be offensively, we approve Ukraine to target Russian assets in Russia. We have CIA on the ground in Ukraine, we are proving them intelligence & training. We have verified US special forces training & operating in Ukraine. We have American volunteer fighters in Ukraine. We promise Ukraine will be a NATO nation

It's only logical the next step in these escalations is US ground forces officially deploying to & ultimately dying fighting Russians in Ukraine. Do you want that? Is that an acceptable solution?
so much bed wetting going on in these threads.

because we are a long long way from that imho.
imo it is plausible in 1-2 years unless some real effort to prevent it occurs. of course you always have to worry about Iran/Israel & China/Taiwan popping off too in that timeframe all of which will draw the US in

Last edited:
imo it is realistic in 1-2 years unless some real effort to prevent it occurs
fair enough. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, which I have no doubt are fair-earned.

I happen to disagree, but I have faith that we have the talent and drive and will navigate the way.

Last edited:
It’s not MAGA people that are burining American flags in the capital and waving Palestinian flags. Kamala Harris didn’t even attend when Israel’s PM came the other day and gave his speech. That’s what I’m referring to, again I’m fine supporting both efforts against two nations in Iran and Russia that want to see us all dead but I don’t understand why the young people especially are so Anti-Semetic against Israel. There are left leaning entities that are pushing against Josh Shapiro to be Kamala’s VP simply because he is Jewish and made pro Israel comments. That’s what I’m not understanding.
Umm…

Yeah, duh.

The USA cannot allow Russia to win this war. There was a time when Republicans, and all red-blooded Americans, knew that we want communist Russia to lose every military engagement they have. All of them. For those who have forgotten, think about it as if the Florida gators were a country.

We have some people who hate Democrats so bad, they’re actually believing the nonsense that comes out of Donald Trump‘s mouth. Read that sentence again, it’s not a joke. We must support Ukraine.
This board also is in denial how much $$$ the GOP has been getting from Russia and how pro Putin Trump is. This is one of the biggest threats of a 2nd Trump term. He will cut all funding to Ukraine. Trump has ties to the Russisns mafia, and has been using their $$$ for years. Its easy to google.

This board also is in denial how much $$$ the GOP has been getting from Russia and how pro Putin Trump is. This is one of the biggest threats of a 2nd Trump term. He will cut all funding to Ukraine. Trump has ties to the Russisns mafia, and has been using their $$$ for years. Its easy to google.
Yes Google is the truth. You can find all kinds of factual information. You can also find all kinds of manipulated facts and figures to paint a picture of a desired outcome or narrative. So much out there is painted with a specific bias that you can not accurately come up with the real truth without a great deal of effort.

Reactions: Krowking123
This is an outstanding explanation of the historical context of the war and why ensuring that Putin does not win is in our best interests.

I’m not buying Putin will lose the war in Ukraine at this time…not saying it’s impossible, but I keep thinking back to our other wars lately and we see not to actually win. How do you beat Putin if he believes he’s going down and decides to bring nukes into the equation? Maybe his own will kill him could be a possibility I suppose, but I’m not holding my breath.

This board also is in denial how much $$$ the GOP has been getting from Russia and how pro Putin Trump is. This is one of the biggest threats of a 2nd Trump term. He will cut all funding to Ukraine. Trump has ties to the Russisns mafia, and has been using their $$$ for years. It’s easy to google.
lol

You still believe that Trump is a Russian asset.

I hope he does cut funding because we've given them way more than we should have. We are an open check book to them. Our children's inheritance, we keep giving it to one of the most corrupt nations on earth.

Last edited:
You still believe that Trump is a Russian asset.

I hope he does cut funding because we've given them way more than we should have. We are an open check book to them. Our children's inheritance, we keep giving it to one of the most corrupt nations on earth.
There are volumes of data available at your finger tips from multiple sources connecting the two. Look at Flynn and Trumps original cabinet. I guess you have proof its all a lie!

https://youtu.be/r32CxeWTs1c?si=W7yXiw4xHae1CV_K

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT