ADVERTISEMENT

Woodward's new book

Honest question. Do you also say Biden, Cuomo, Deblasio and Fauci lied ? Do you acknowledge they were downplaying the virus until March ? What’s your opinion about their response to Trump closing the borders in January ?

I'm sorry, you must have stumbled into the wrong post. We were talking about the virus and the President's responses to it. You'll have to look elsewhere for your answers.

I will say that politicians do all wind up lying to some degree if they are successful (seems to come with the territory). Especially now during campaigning time. Promises made from the stage are never all kept (even if they were intended to be kept).

However, we are talking about the President lying to the country in the performance of his or her duties. And not just once or twice, but constantly especially in regard to the virus. Instead of having instilled trust (and I don't mean blind faith), he has done exactly the opposite and look where we are (I don't think it looks good).

Trump, I don't want to cause a panic, want to keep folks calm.

If Joe Biden is elected, the suburbs are going to burn.

If Joe Biden is elected, the stock market will crash.

I thought he didn't want to cause a panic.

He didn't when he thought he was winning. He wanted everything to seem to be just fine. Now he's willing to try anything.

Reactions: dawgfood0612
I'm sorry, you must have stumbled into the wrong post. We were talking about the virus and the President's responses to it. You'll have to look elsewhere for your answers.

I will say that politicians do all wind up lying to some degree if they are successful (seems to come with the territory). Especially now during campaigning time. Promises made from the stage are never all kept (even if they were intended to be kept).

However, we are talking about the President lying to the country in the performance of his or her duties. And not just once or twice, but constantly especially in regard to the virus. Instead of having instilled trust (and I don't mean blind faith), he has done exactly the opposite and look where we are (I don't think it looks good).
Nope. You were calling Trump a liar for minimizing the virus. Fauci (the expert), Biden, Pelosi, Cuomo and Deblasio all did the same and more. They even chastised Trump (not Fauci) for closing the border. You’re aware of what they were saying. They were all privy to the same info. How is Trump bad Biden and the others good. Very relevant question for this post. But I get why you won’t answer

Reactions: Spe77
And this is why I'll never be able to get past losing my father to this virus. I voted for this man. I wanted him to be all that and more as our President. I cannot in good conscious vote for him again. Yes, I realize I am about to get slammed for this on this site. That is fine. We all have a right to our opinions. We all also care about different things and platforms such as the Climate, LGBTQ, Taxes, Medical Coverage, etc.. For me, the Covid-19 lies and response fiasco combined with the tariffs adversely impacting my business both make me veer away from DJT. Both of these issues mean more to me than any financial savings I reaped from his Presidency.

Sorry to hear about your father. Condolences.

Honest question. Do you also say Biden, Cuomo, Deblasio and Fauci lied ? Do you acknowledge they were downplaying the virus until March ? What’s your opinion about their response to Trump closing the borders in January ?
Deblasio (clown show) and Cuomo (arrogant) are irrelevant to me as I don't live in NY and neither are running for national office, much less president.

I went back and looked for damning quotes from Biden and couldn't find anything. He communicated a warning via an op-ed in USA Today on January 27th, the day before Trump's security briefing.

“The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. ... The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more. ... To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.”

That sounds prescient to me, particularly when compared to what Trump was stating (we have it under control, five cases going to zero, no worse than the flu) over the next several months.

Fauchi is an interesting case. He consistently struck a more serious tone than the President, but he certainly got some things wrong along the way. He has also had to correct statements from DJT many times while balancing doing what was necessary to maintain his ability to positively impact policy. To say he has been in a difficult position is an understatement.

Deblasio (clown show) and Cuomo (arrogant) are irrelevant to me as I don't live in NY and neither are running for national office, much less president.

I went back and looked for damning quotes from Biden and couldn't find anything. He communicated a warning via an op-ed in USA Today on January 27th, the day before Trump's security briefing.

“The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. ... The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more. ... To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.”

That sounds prescient to me, particularly when compared to what Trump was stating (we have it under control, five cases going to zero, no worse than the flu) over the next several months.

Fauchi is an interesting case. He consistently struck a more serious tone than the President, but he certainly got some things wrong along the way. He has also had to correct statements from DJT many times while balancing doing what was necessary to maintain his ability to positively impact policy. To say he has been in a difficult position is an understatement.

The thing I noticed about the quote you posted here was that Biden was not trying to say the sky is falling, but mentioned the possibility of a pandemic. No fear mongering as some on here love to say, just we should start thinking about it since it was already spreading from China. "With at least five in the US. There will likely be more". A nice calm statement that wasn't meant to scare everyone about the virus, but not ignoring that it was there and needed to be dealt with.

Reactions: willdup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT