ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, Steve Bannon wants to increase taxes on the wealthy to offset tax cuts for the

Since the top income tax rate is 39.6% , you are playing games. Go look at the top rates from 1936 to 1982. We had great growth, infrastructure etc.

Reactions: elderdawg
If you add fica/fica med one could easily pay 39% or more without playing games. Our tax collection (state and federal) as a general rule is at a all time high, gov't's at all levels can't say no or seem to curtail anything.

Since the top income tax rate is 39.6% , you are playing games. Go look at the top rates from 1936 to 1982. We had great growth, infrastructure etc.

They can call the rate whatever % they want. I told you what I paid. Plus, don't forget, it costs me and everybody else 7-10% to SPEND our OWN fkn money. You nimrod liberals never even think about that. That puts my effective tax rate at over 49%.

Last edited:
They can call the rate whatever % they want. I told you what I paid. Plus, don't forget, it costs me and everybody else 7-10% to SPEND our OWN fkn money. You nimrod liberals never even think about that.

High taxes cost people jobs, cost local businesses money and feeds an ever-growing federal bureaucracy like the IRS which should be raided by he FBI.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
High taxes cost people jobs, cost local businesses money and feeds an ever-growing federal bureaucracy like the IRS which should be raided by he FBI.

I like the IRS. They should be going after bartenders and people like that who hide their incomes and don't pay taxes. They'd recover a lot more money than taxing the ultra rich.

Yes let's cut tax like the state of Kansas and see the economy gro............oh wait no it didn't. it imploded

Reactions: bigdawg36
Yes let's cut tax like the state of Kansas and see the economy gro............oh wait no it didn't. it imploded

When you cut taxes, you have to cut some spending too. That way, the extra money that people have circulates in the local economy and supports reasonable.state government through increased sales tax revenue. They made mistakes but cutting taxes was not the mistake.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
When you cut taxes, you have to cut some spending too. That way, the extra money that people have circulates in the local economy and supports reasonable.state government through increased sales tax revenue. They made mistakes but cutting taxes was not the mistake.
Kansas did cut spending........a lot. The decimated the budget for their school system to try and alleviate the hole blown into their state budge by the tax cuts. Not all spending cuts are good, they need to be targeted and precise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT