ADVERTISEMENT

Another example of how Repubs screw it up every time...

UgaTom

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
From a Fox News article[/URL]:

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Sunday that a new state law that
attempts to protect long-standing religious freedoms "is not about
discrimination" and that he and other state lawmakers do not intend to
change the legislation.

Pence, a Republican, said the legislation that he signed last week
prohibits Indiana laws that "substantially burden" a person's ability to
follow his or her religious beliefs.

The definition of "person" includes religious institutions,
businesses and associations, which is being interpreted as allowing a
cake maker, for example, to legally refuse an order for a wedding cake
for a gay couple.

Pence told ABC's "This Week" the original federal law is more than 20
years old and that the purpose of the new Indiana one is to expand
individual rights for those who feel government has impinged on their
personal rights.

"This is not about discrimination," he said. "This is about empowering people to confront government overreach."

That's all perfectly reasonable. If a state decides to give gays the right to marry each other, fine, but that shouldn't supercede someone's right to decline to participate in such an event on religious grounds. But then there's this...

However, Pence did not answer directly when asked six times whether
under the law it would be legal for a merchant to refuse to serve gay
customers.

FFS, why couldn't he just basically say, "if two guys walk into a bakery holding hands and want to buy some cupcakes, no one should have a problem with serving them." Not being able to make reasonable arguments like that is what turns people off from the GOP when it come to social issues.

You should spend less time fantasizing about what I might suck...

...and more time working on your reading and grammar.

Why does everyone afford them the privilege of being called "gay"?

They're not "gay." "Gay" does not describe their identity. They are homosexuals. That is what they should be called.

Gay is a word that has been in existence for ??? how long ??? It has positive meaning and should not be hijacked by a deviant culture who is trying to force themselves upon society.

Some history about the word "gay" for you...

...according to Wikipedia:

The word may have started to acquire associations of immorality as early
as the 14th century, and had certainly acquired them by the 17th.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay#cite_note-oed-9 an extension of its primary meaning of "carefree" implying "uninhibited by moral constraints." A gay woman was a prostitute, a gay man a womanizer and a gay house a brothel.

Is the store owner free to ask the queers to stop holding hands in his

Store? Is he free to ask them to leave if they don't?

I know you say that "no one" should have a problem with serving them, but what if he doesn't want to?
Wal-Mart is quite happy to serve them, so it's not like they are being deprived of cupcakes.

Reminded continually about gay this and gay that and yet, the

CDC says the gay population in America is about 5%. All this social turmoil, a damnb assault, from 5% of the population. A lot of crap ( driven by the left who very much wants general turmoil, civil chaos) while there are far more important priorities. But that's the point, isn't it? The left can't deal with the higher priorities and so chit like this becomes an important distraction.

And do I give a rats arse what any celebrity thinks?

That's homophobic....

Why are you so full of hate?

"Imagine all the people..."

This post was edited on 3/29 10:57 PM by ACS-Dawg

I hope you do not sound like Cartman."Oh my Ass" will not work here..

Not that there is anything wrong with that....

Like Congress, if states don't continually emphasize state's rights,

they'll lose them to a communist Executive branch. The hour is getting late.

Sure. He can ask a guy and girl to stop holding hands as far as I care. nm

There's nothing about John Lennon's vision of the world that

impresses me.

True, but plenty on the right get agitated by that 5%.

A lot more people having babies out of wedlock and creating single-parent homes due to divorce.

You wanted that Governor to say no one should have a problem

serving queers holding hands. But now you say its ok if the business does have actually have a problem with it. So what were you mad at the Pubs for again?

You haven't made your point very well.

Interesting dilema. I wonder what would happen if a Christian couple...

walked into a bakery run by Muslims and asked for a cake that says "Long Live Israel"?

Would the Muslims be considered bigots for refusing to make the cake, or would the Christians be considered insensitive assholes for asking in the first place?

Again, promoted by feminists, commies, the break down of the

family unit. But that's a whole other topic.

Let queers be queers....I personally don't care. But I do I it offensive all the references about them shoved down my throat. I have no interest in watching flamers in movies/ tv or parading about like idiots in....parades. Anything wrong with keeping it to themselves? Apparently so.....as I said, an assault on societal norms to make something normal which is not. 5 % is not a norm.

They are trying to present a representation that is grossly false simply to make themselves feel validated.

If it is that many, that is actually quite a few people ..

But I really don't care either way. It's not a fight I care that much about. You'll go to jail for awhile if you beat the Hell out of one and get caught. Their basic civil rights are protected under the law. I think the whole government involvement with marriage thing is a sham anyway. I don't think marriage is a right - I think it's just a thing. If government would just stay out of all of it, things would be a whole lot better. Let the churches marry who they want. That shit ought to be between the couple and God and whoever else they want it to be. Let everyone have 1 legal partner for tax purposes etc .. and leave it at that.

Lol...incited a Chat Klan rally *

roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/29 11:38 PM by JimBfishN

Murder is a crime. As much as you would like it to be...

...being gay isn't.

At what percent does comething become "normal", iyo? nm

You're misrepresenting what I said, but you misrepresent facts...

...all the time. Pubs would be a lot better off electorally if they would stay out of the weeds on social issues. Oppose abortion, but don't try to explain how women don't get pregnant if they get raped. Support religious freedom regarding gay marriage, but don't try to equate selling a cookie with providing a wedding cake for a gay marriage.

Re: Murder is a crime. As much as you would like it to be...

Was responding to the agitation argument that is always used to defend homosexuality. It is a perversion, not a crime, except in the cases of public sodomy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT