ADVERTISEMENT

Should Christians Vote for Donald Trump?

DawglegrightinSC

National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 9, 2018
Spartanburg SC
www.amrecycling.com
I keep reading Christians on the Dawgchat pronounce they “will never vote for Trump” or that they “will just stay home”. As a Christian it really concerns me. So much is at stake as is seems (like every election), but eventually staying home and not voting will mean the end of this country as we know it.

Trump is a crass, narcissistic, thin skinned rich New Yorker. I am sure there are plenty of other things to say about him but it appears he is our option. Who will he be running against? Biden? Harris? Newsome? The choice seems clear to me. 4 more years of Trump or 4 more years of Biden. Lets be honest, there are very few high character politicians to choose from and none are running for president. The last president I feel had good character was Reagan but even he had his flaws.

As a Christian it concerns me that so many will choose to stay home during such an important time in our country’s history. It got me thinking, what are some of the things Trump accomplished in his very 4 short years (keep in mind he was under attack before he ever entered office and was apposed every step of the way. Here are a few things he did that I can’t imagine where we would be had he not been president (None of these are on the economy or geopolitical):

1. Nominated 3 conservative Supreme Court Judges which led to overturning Roe. He did not get rid of abortion but gave the decision back to the states where it belongs. There is plenty more these 3 have done so far and they are all still young.
1. Trump appointed roughly 200 Federal judges. These judges have been right-leaning constitutional originalists who will be answering the calls to defend freedom, religious liberty, the value of life, and other imperative matters for decades to come. Again, the effects of these judges will be felt for decades.
2. According to the website for Congress, before the RNC in August, Trump had signed eight bills expressly targeting human trafficking into law.
a. One of these was to start DNA testing any adults bringing in minors. Results showed 20-30% of those tested were not related and likely traffickers. Biden removed this directive day 1 along with other programs that were working. The results? Over 100,000 children that came through our borders were release and we have no idea where they are.
3. Enacting an executive order on 'religious liberty' -Among other things, the order instructed the Department of Treasury and the IRS not to take adverse action against churches and 501(c)(3) nonprofits that speak out about moral and political issues in accordance with their faith.
4. Justice Department guidance on religious freedom -"The Free Exercise Clause protects not just the right to believe or the right to worship; it protects the right to perform or abstain from performing certain physical acts in accordance with one's beliefs."
5. Giving religious organizations exemptions to the Obamacare contraception mandate -Stopped the government from forcing churches and religious organizations for having to pay for contraception as part of help care.
6. Reversing Obama's transgender public school policy that pushed for schools to allow transgender students to use the bathroom of choice.
7. Reversing Obama order on federal contractors -Trump revoked an Obama executive order that prevented federal contracts from being awarded to businesses, faith-based companies and nonprofits that have hiring practices that critics say discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
8. Jerusalem proclamation -U.S. would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and that the U.S. Embassy would be moved there from Tel Aviv.
9. Trump’s 2016 victory prevented Hillary from becoming president. If you thought Obama was bad for religious liberties… (See #1 above on the SCOTUS)
10. “Policy outweighs character because policy outlasts character”. -Long after Trump’s administration, his character will be a talking point but his judicial appointees and legislative influence will last for decades. Long after Trump’s administration, there are other people who will remain in influential positions. Federal judges, for example, hold lifetime tenures. They are appointed – not elected. We don’t vote for them.
11. Trump won’t be doing any DEI hiring for his cabinet. He will be hiring the best at those positions. He will remove this from the military and get back to bringing in the best to protect our country.
12. You’re not voting simply for a person; you’re voting for his administration along with an agenda. (See above)

“silence in the face of evil is itself evil “

He’s as evil a person that walks the face of this earth. I am not sure about the wisdom of mixing politics and religion, but if you do believe they are interwound then you can’t vote for Trump. He is scum.

He’s as evil a person that walks the face of this earth. I am not sure about the wisdom of mixing politics and religion, but if you do believe they are interwound then you can’t vote for Trump. He is scum.
Are you a Christian? Evangelical, Catholic…?

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I keep reading Christians on the Dawgchat pronounce they “will never vote for Trump” or that they “will just stay home”. As a Christian it really concerns me. So much is at stake as is seems (like every election), but eventually staying home and not voting will mean the end of this country as we know it.

Trump is a crass, narcissistic, thin skinned rich New Yorker. I am sure there are plenty of other things to say about him but it appears he is our option. Who will he be running against? Biden? Harris? Newsome? The choice seems clear to me. 4 more years of Trump or 4 more years of Biden. Lets be honest, there are very few high character politicians to choose from and none are running for president. The last president I feel had good character was Reagan but even he had his flaws.

As a Christian it concerns me that so many will choose to stay home during such an important time in our country’s history. It got me thinking, what are some of the things Trump accomplished in his very 4 short years (keep in mind he was under attack before he ever entered office and was apposed every step of the way. Here are a few things he did that I can’t imagine where we would be had he not been president (None of these are on the economy or geopolitical):

1. Nominated 3 conservative Supreme Court Judges which led to overturning Roe. He did not get rid of abortion but gave the decision back to the states where it belongs. There is plenty more these 3 have done so far and they are all still young.
1. Trump appointed roughly 200 Federal judges. These judges have been right-leaning constitutional originalists who will be answering the calls to defend freedom, religious liberty, the value of life, and other imperative matters for decades to come. Again, the effects of these judges will be felt for decades.
2. According to the website for Congress, before the RNC in August, Trump had signed eight bills expressly targeting human trafficking into law.
a. One of these was to start DNA testing any adults bringing in minors. Results showed 20-30% of those tested were not related and likely traffickers. Biden removed this directive day 1 along with other programs that were working. The results? Over 100,000 children that came through our borders were release and we have no idea where they are.
3. Enacting an executive order on 'religious liberty' -Among other things, the order instructed the Department of Treasury and the IRS not to take adverse action against churches and 501(c)(3) nonprofits that speak out about moral and political issues in accordance with their faith.
4. Justice Department guidance on religious freedom -"The Free Exercise Clause protects not just the right to believe or the right to worship; it protects the right to perform or abstain from performing certain physical acts in accordance with one's beliefs."
5. Giving religious organizations exemptions to the Obamacare contraception mandate -Stopped the government from forcing churches and religious organizations for having to pay for contraception as part of help care.
6. Reversing Obama's transgender public school policy that pushed for schools to allow transgender students to use the bathroom of choice.
7. Reversing Obama order on federal contractors -Trump revoked an Obama executive order that prevented federal contracts from being awarded to businesses, faith-based companies and nonprofits that have hiring practices that critics say discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
8. Jerusalem proclamation -U.S. would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and that the U.S. Embassy would be moved there from Tel Aviv.
9. Trump’s 2016 victory prevented Hillary from becoming president. If you thought Obama was bad for religious liberties… (See #1 above on the SCOTUS)
10. “Policy outweighs character because policy outlasts character”. -Long after Trump’s administration, his character will be a talking point but his judicial appointees and legislative influence will last for decades. Long after Trump’s administration, there are other people who will remain in influential positions. Federal judges, for example, hold lifetime tenures. They are appointed – not elected. We don’t vote for them.
11. Trump won’t be doing any DEI hiring for his cabinet. He will be hiring the best at those positions. He will remove this from the military and get back to bringing in the best to protect our country.
12. You’re not voting simply for a person; you’re voting for his administration along with an agenda. (See above)

Well said. This Christian will be voting for Trump.

When the Dems support every sin mentioned in the Bible?

Loving someone doesn’t mean you approve, legislate or promote sin in the eyes of God.

Trump professes, in regards to our social normalities, to support Christian ideals.

So yes, as a Christian, I can vote for Trump. Could never vote for Biden because, well, he is, well, incapable.

And the other reason is that Biden promotes abominations to appease a voter base.

That is my opinion.

When the Dems support every sin mentioned in the Bible?

Loving someone doesn’t mean you approve, legislate or promote sin in the eyes of God.

Trump professes, in regards to our social normalities, to support Christian ideals.

So yes, as a Christian, I can vote for Trump. Could never vote for Biden because, well, he is, well, incapable.

And the other reason is that Biden promotes abominations to appease a voter base.

That is my opinion.
Trump has likely committed every abomination you reference, but promotes himself as a champion for the true believers. He is the definition of a false prophet.

Trump has likely committed every abomination you reference, but promotes himself as a champion for the true believers. He is the definition of a false prophet.
So then we have a dilemma.

Put a president in place who is a sinner but promotes Christian values in the business of being a country. This is an illustration of a sinner who promotes Christian values because he understand ms the sovereign righteousness of scripture as God’s Word.

or

Put a president in place who professes to be a Christian but does not promote Christian values in the business of being a country?

A false prophet claims ownership in God yet teaches and promotes falsely. This is the illustration of a sinner who abandons God for gain, ignoring the sovereign righteousness of scripture as God’s Word.

Both men are helpless sinners without God. One flips Gid off for the vote. One is at least supporting scriptural requirements.

All of Christ’s disciples were hard core sinners that stopped promoting sin.

No problem here voting for Trump.

The only scum around here are the libs that post on this board! Actions speak louder than words, Trump is pretty much on the correct side of every issue. The libs support just about everything wrong with our nation! By the way, no one is stating that Trump is a saint, but he is a better man than that shit currently in the White House!

Last edited:
My argument is not about Trum being a Christian. My argument is his policies are better for this country and for Christians. God used the Babylonians to crush Israel and take them back to Babylon. Then God used Cyrus (Persia) to defeat Babylon and eventually rebuild Jerusalem, the temple and return the Jews to their land. God doesn’t need good people to accomplish his plans.

So then we have a dilemma.

Put a president in place who is a sinner but promotes Christian values in the business of being a country. This is an illustration of a sinner who promotes Christian values because he understand ms the sovereign righteousness of scripture as God’s Word.

or

Put a president in place who professes to be a Christian but does not promote Christian values in the business of being a country?

A false prophet claims ownership in God yet teaches and promotes falsely. This is the illustration of a sinner who abandons God for gain, ignoring the sovereign righteousness of scripture as God’s Word.

Both men are helpless sinners without God. One flips Gid off for the vote. One is at least supporting scriptural requirements.

All of Christ’s disciples were hard core sinners that stopped promoting sin.

No problem here voting for Trump.
There is nothing even remotely Christian about Trump other than that he sees you as stooges he can exploit and uses you like all the televangelists that came before him. Christians are the pawns in Trump’s plan. He exploits you and you love him for it. To think that you can reconcile Trump and Jesus as two people you believe in makes me glad to not believe in either.

There is nothing even remotely Christian about Trump other than that he sees you as stooges he can exploit and uses you like all the televangelists that came before him. Christians are the pawns in Trump’s plan. He exploits you and you love him for it. To think that you can reconcile Trump and Jesus as two people you believe in makes me glad to not believe in either.
jb, if I vote for Trump, I love him? If you vote for Biden, does that mean you love him?

What ideals and policies are you being “exploited” for? Or do liberals not exploit people?

jb, if I vote for Trump, I love him? If you vote for Biden, does that mean you love him?

What ideals and policies are you being “exploited” for? Or do liberals not exploit people?
You’re the one that defends him as a Christian. I thought you were only supposed to spend time on your knees in service of God, not drooling over Trump’s…

• Haha
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Are you a Christian? Evangelical, Catholic…?
None of your business. I didn’t bring my religious beliefs up and that’s not something I would discuss on an internet message board.

Reconcile your words above with the Beatitudes.
The only scum around here are the libs that post on this board! Actions speak louder than words, Trump is pretty much on the correct side of every issue. The libs support just about everything wrong with our nation! By the way, no one is stating that Trump is a saint, but he is a better man that that shit currently in the White House!
grab em by the pussy

You’re the one that defends him as a Christian. I thought you were only supposed to spend time on your knees in service of God, not drooling over Trump’s…
Who is defending him? I am stating why I will vote for him.

Funny, Biden claims to be a Christian. But you have no problem with him lying to you because he promotes, politically, non Christian views. He gives you what you want. You drool over him I guess. You seem to have blind allegiance to anyone who moves God out of the decision. That is your opinion.

My service to God includes defending His Word. When it’s bastardized, there is eternal consequence. I have not been called to judge one’s salvation, but we are called to speak out against sin and see the promotion of sin as an abomination. I sin everyday, but can’t promote it as good, valued, or normal.

So with that, a broken man who professes to promote Christian values in the basic governmental issues that affect my family, are important to me.

If we are both looking for a perfect man to be president, neither of us will find one. Ever.

You couldn't be more wrong.

You are obviously 'stoned'....handle checks out
That’s lame.

Do you have anything substantive to say that supports the idea of Trump as a Christian?

i say that he is a genuinely horrible person. I could write a book with nothing but examples of his horrible, immoral, sinful actions and statements. The length to which his apologists go to explain or excuse his garbage bullshit life depresses me.

So no, I’m not stoned. Even if I was, I could lap you in an argument or debate about Trump or anything else.

None of your business. I didn’t bring my religious beliefs up and that’s not something I would discuss on an internet message board.
Like hell you didn’t. The above is your post #17. Prior to that, in your post #12 you state “ To think that you can reconcile Trump and Jesus as two people you believe in makes me glad to not believe in either.”

That’s a remarkable string of bullshit in two posts in the same thread.

That’s lame.

Do you have anything substantive to say that supports the idea of Trump as a Christian?

i say that he is a genuinely horrible person. I could write a book with nothing but examples of his horrible, immoral, sinful actions and statements. The length to which his apologists go to explain or excuse his garbage bullshit life depresses me.

So no, I’m not stoned. Even if I was, I could lap you in an argument or debate about Trump or anything else.
Only God knows the heart Stop pretending that you know. We are all sinners and fall short. As a leader of this country Trump is far superior to anyone the dims can offer, especially Crooked Joe Xiden.

Heathens gonna heathen.....

grab em by the pussy
No worries, I get it. This conversation was intended for Christians to ponder and discuss. As a non Christian you are welcome to vent As well. FYI, I dont think I claimed Trump is a Christian. Did you read my original post?

Trump is a businessman and I have met him personally at Trump Tower 12 years before he ran for president. As we met he shook my hand, addressed me as Mr. and asked what can I do for you? I was meeting him to ask for business in New Jersey. He gave my company business and we enjoyed the relationship. His standards are high and he expects the same from people he mets and does business with.. Yes, I have voted an will vote for me. Without him our country has no future.. 65

What is the alternative?

Unless there is a major shakeup in American politics, its going to be Trump or Biden. Is one more Christian than the other in terms of personal character? I don't think so.

Even if Trump is largely distasteful, Biden is completely distasteful, and doesn't seem to know 2024 from 1996.

Given a choice between the 2, I'll vote for Trump, and I reject any question about my Christianity, for making that decision. I'm not going to be more Christian, voting for Biden.

Trump is bad. But he is a better choice for President of the United States than Joe Biden.

When someone says God ordains abortion, they are a false prophet. To promote it for the gain of political power, they are demonic.

When someone claims anything other than natural relations between man and woman, they are a false prophet.

When someone teaches or instructs/approves/legislates children to deny God’s Word by promoting perversions, they are a false prophet.

When someone promotes a concept of allowing strangers to develop deep emotional and instructional relationships with children without the knowledge of the parents, they are a false prophet.

Being a sinner, yet promoting God’s Word as holy does not make a man a false prophet. It makes the man you or me, completely lost in sin and in need of a Savior.

how many Christians you know cheated on 3 wives?
Politician, yes......Christian, no.
There are mass murderers that have given their lives to Christ. God is very forgiving. God does not expect perfection or we would all be in trouble. All I know is he has been under attack from the left since the day he announced. Assuming he is a new Christian he is under a huge microscope. Not an easy thing for anyone.

how many Christians you know cheated on 3 wives?
Politician, yes......Christain, no.
mitchell, many Christians cheat on or have cheated on their wives and sin greatly. Sin is sin is sin and Christ came to take it from us. Otherwise, no need for his birth on earth.

I think where we agree is that many are Christian, but few are followers.

As a Christian, I sin. But I will not promote the validity or right to sin. It is shameful. And that is the rub here.

Christian or not, when sin is promoted as normal, it is wrong. My desires cannot dictate to God because of what I want. Human logic is where we failed in the garden.

Trump does not promote sin as normal regarding his responsibilities as the President. That is all I can ask for in my President. A perfect man I cannot find.

Just wanted to comment on your comment and share my opinion. Hope you are well! And I go to your YouTube site and the first song is I wish it would rain! What a song for today, we’ve already had about 4 inches.

How about “It never rains in Central Georgia”? That is the song we need!

Last edited:

I am a Christian and I did and will. vote for Trump. At least his children don’t smoke bongs.

mitchell, many Christians cheat on or have cheated on their wives and sin greatly. Sin is sin is sin and Christ came to take it from us. Otherwise, no need for his birth on earth.

I think where we agree is that many are Christian, but few are followers.

As a Christian, I sin. But I will not promote the validity or right to sin. It is shameful. And that is the rub here.

Christian or not, when sin is promoted as normal, it is wrong. My desires cannot dictate to God because of what I want. Human logic is where we failed in the garden.

Trump does not promote sin as normal regarding his responsibilities as the President. That is all I can ask for in my President. A perfect man I cannot find.

Just wanted to comment on your comment and share my opinion. Hope you are well! And I go to your YouTube site and the first song is I wish it would rain! What a song for today, we’ve already had about 4 inches.

How about “It never rains in Central Georgia”? That is the song we need!
Thanks PW!

• Love
Reactions: PotimusWillie

ain't no way that I'm reading a short story starting with;

"I am reading Christians..."

bad grammar and insipid.

grab em by the pussy
That comment was made as locker room banter.....JoeDementia's moto is sniff their hair and pinchem on the Titty.....in Public and on camera...

Last edited:
That’s lame.

You're lame.

Give me a list of 'evil' deeds Trump perpetrated on the American public while he was in office.

And, while I wish Trump was more 'Christ-like' I didn't vote for him for that reason....Same reason I don't care about character references for CEOs when I buy a stock. I want folks who get sh*t done, so I can make more money.

I voted for him based on his policies and who he would appoint as judges.

Your ilk are dividing and ruining this country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT