ADVERTISEMENT

Any stock picks?

ugaballers

National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2003
Feels like market is overweight with most companies returning to pre COVID valuations / price. Was thinking about dipping toe in hotel/services which is still depressed. Any Gordon Geckos our there?

Not sure who recommended MVIS. I bought it at 1.50. Made some money then proceeded to play the rolling back and forth for 6 months. Racked up almost 15K shares from original purchase of 3000 shares . Last week I sold i all at a high of 3.90. Said no way was it going higher and I would get it back when it falls to 2.50. Well today its over 7.00 Yes I kicked myself in the nuts.

Not sure who recommended MVIS. I bought it at 1.50. Made some money then proceeded to play the rolling back and forth for 6 months. Racked up almost 15K shares from original purchase of 3000 shares . Last week I sold i all at a high of 3.90. Said no way was it going higher and I would get it back when it falls to 2.50. Well today its over 7.00 Yes I kicked myself in the nuts.
My friend recommended it.. i still got it and plan to hold it for awhile... self driving cars will need it..

NIO... Chinese Tesla.. no way their gov ever let’s it fail.. plus the car is prettier than all the Tesla’s but the elite sports one.. they look like An Audi A8...

BLNK... make electric car charging stations

$XL is a spac that just changed it’s ticker this morning. They convert trucks into hybrids.

$IPOC is a spac merging Clover Health and will close the first week of January.

do your DD, but both are huge growth stocks.

Quantum Scape has come up with a new form of solid state battery. Stock price (QS) has gone through the roof. The battery won't be ready for another couple of years, but this could be a one time technological event. The stock has appreciated by a low of $ 58 last week to around $ 125 today.
(LAZR) makes lidar sensors for cars. I bought 2000 shares yesterday when it started to run. Finished up 8% and is up about 3.5% today.
And of course, (AAPL) looks ready to run again.

Reactions: RoyDawgMercer
Someone on here mentioned CHEF back in April and its had a incredible return since then. RRGB has also done quite well with some room to grow. PENN has almost been a ten bagger since then as well.

The market is scary right now. The Buffet indicator is extremely high and I think its quite clear to anyone paying attention that a correction is coming. How long can stimulus money hold this off? I personally am moving more of my money into commodities. I have a feeling that an inflationary period is coming with all this money printing.

$XL is a spac that just changed it’s ticker this morning. They convert trucks into hybrids.

$IPOC better run hard in the next few weeks. Hopeful for it to reach $20 by merger date

Reactions: DuuuvalDawg
Feels like market is overweight with most companies returning to pre COVID valuations / price. Was thinking about dipping toe in hotel/services which is still depressed. Any Gordon Geckos our there?

If this joint's stock picking advice is anything like gameday, your best bet is to wait till after the market closes each day to get the the armchair quarterback scoop. Definitely don't trade during the day based on these clowns' advice... You'll lose your ass in the first quarter with knee-jerk reactions.

IPOC is a strong suggestion. If it were two days ago I'd of said QS...I almost pulled the trigger on that one Friday but piddled around and didn't do it. After the Apple EV talk that one has gone up +60% in two days. Now waiting for it to come down a bit to jump in.

Reactions: DuuuvalDawg

I bought in at ~20 cents

should-you-buy-gold-a28ff256e55f487e9838fc7db4a4ff49.png

Reactions: GATA Hack
Well, don't look now - spoiler alert, it's over $9

I know it’s not going to be fun or sexy but VBK is up 30% this year and will probably outperform all these Bud Fox’s in the long run.

check out an ETF - ARKK...you can google it and get the securities it holds - somewhere around 45 or so - been a good one.
This is your answer, absolute money maker. Any dips and you’re buying. It’s been the top growing etf (along with ARKW) for the past 4 years. Buy and hold. Cathie woods is an absolute genius investor and will make you more money by far than you could picking stocks yourself

Check out some of the spacs that are going through or planning on mergers.

This. XL just changed it’s ticker and is down a bit today but will come back. BFT is another to look at. Like he said, do your DD.

Check Motley Fool. They have made me many thousands of dollars.
Got me into the well known and lesser knows before people knew them. - Shopify, Paycom. PayPal, Nivida, Crowdstrike, FTCH, Redfern,Flugent, OKTA, Square, The Trade Desk, Twist. - - I have more than doubled my money on each of these.

They recommended Shopify at $43/share. I recently sold at $1,150/ share. Now its $1262 per share.

I stupidly sold (against their recommendation) Netflix, Tesla, Mecardolibra, AMT, Etsy, etc, too soon, after they put me in them early.

Not bragging, just saying, I don’t know of any service better! I’m up over 60% this year.

If you want a buy & hold, CIBR is an ETF specializing in cyber security related stocks. Bought a few months ago and it hovered fairly flat for awhile, but has bumped about 25% in last month for some reason (cough- Russia hack -cough). This general topic ain’t going away, so I would think it’s a safe long term investment, and especially buy if you see a dip.

Do your homework and put together a shopping list. Stocks will pull back if the republicans lose the senate. That would be a great time to buy when stocks could go on sale. Look at TAN if dems win.

This is your answer, absolute money maker. Any dips and you’re buying. It’s been the top growing etf (along with ARKW) for the past 4 years. Buy and hold. Cathie woods is an absolute genius investor and will make you more money by far than you could picking stocks yourself
I hold Arkk. I’ll probably have it forever. Arkg is a monster. I have quite a bit (for a poor ga boy) of Teledoc from the livongo merger. Cathie has bought a ton of that recently. Hope she is right on that one. I ain’t selling.

I know one thing, and that's if you're coming to this place for financial or major life decision advice, you're absolutely screwed.
Free advice is worth what you paid for it! Expert advice will cost you a lot, and be worth about as much.

One thing I remember from my first finance course is that a monkey with a dartboard is about as accurate as all the geniuses on Wall Street. It was true then, true now.

Reactions: SnowSkiDawg
If you want a buy & hold, CIBR is an ETF specializing in cyber security related stocks. Bought a few months ago and it hovered fairly flat for awhile, but has bumped about 25% in last month for some reason (cough- Russia hack -cough). This general topic ain’t going away, so I would think it’s a safe long term investment, and especially buy if you see a dip.
MSFT might be a better bet based on how they destroyed the problem that originated with the Solarwinds hack. Their OS clout was and is obvious.

NonDawg thread and GET an Avatar.

Reactions: stray

Ipoc is money!! XL could be nice. Cramer says under 20 is cheap. Add AMCI to that list too.

Reactions: bold
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT