ADVERTISEMENT

Dow down 32% in past month, wiping out all gains under Trump

Totally insane...
Most obvious buying opportunity I’ve ever seen. I don’t even like the stock market because it is so efficient and who the hell knows, but as bad as all this stuff feels right now, this virus stuff is temporary. Even the most conservative experts will agree it is going to end.

Most obvious buying opportunity I’ve ever seen. I don’t even like the stock market because it is so efficient and who the hell knows, but as bad as all this stuff feels right now, this virus stuff is temporary. Even the most conservative experts will agree it is going to end.
Wouldn't be too confident. All of these losses were in anticipation of the slow down, once the terrible consumer spending numbers come back after the lockdown, good chance we'll see another dip. Plus, now the Fed has cut interest rates to zero, we are out of ways to "prime the pump". It wouldn't be too outside of the realm of possibility to see the Dow back below 16k-18k when this is all said and done.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Totally insane...
tenor.gif

Wouldn't be too confident. All of these losses were in anticipation of the slow down, once the terrible consumer spending numbers come back after the lockdown, good chance we'll see another dip. Plus, now the Fed has cut interest rates to zero, we are out of ways to "prime the pump". It wouldn't be too outside of the realm of possibility to see the Dow back below 16k-18k when this is all said and done.
I think in the last bad one it was 15 or so months from peak to trough. I also do not think this is near the bottom. The economic impact is unimaginable if this drags out for a couple months, which would likely mean bad numbers rolling in for the rest of the year. I’m guessing there are more bad days to come and some buying opportunities with them. But, it could then be many years before good buys pay off. Long ride is my guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT