ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Trump Indictment not a Nothing Burger-from Erick Erickson

richb1

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2004
Atlanta
I’ve read the indictment, and I’m just smacking my head with how stupid this all is — not the indictment, but Trump’s antics as alleged in the indictment. This was all so avoidable.
Let me give you the highlights.
First, we’re not discussing love letters with the North Korean dictator. According to the indictment, after leaving the White House, President Trump kept plans for invasions of other countries, locations of American spies around the world, classified locations of soldiers, military vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies, classified assessments of nuclear capabilities of various nations, etc. That’s not small ball stuff.
Second, on an audio recording, Trump showed classified documents to people without a security clearance and — and this is the kicker— admitted the documents were still classified because he had not declassified them before leaving the White House.
This is important because some claim Trump, by taking the documents, automatically declassified them. But this audio recording shows that, in Trump’s mind, he did not believe that to be the case and knew the documents were still classified.

But this is the really bad stuff, beyond what he had.​

According to the indictment, the National Archives demanded Trump hand over documents. Trump sent them 197 documents. Six months later, a federal grand jury demanded Trump hand over every other classified document he had. Trump sent the grand jury 38 more documents. When the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago, they found another 102 classified documents. In other words, Trump withheld classified documents from the federal grand jury.
More damning, the indictment alleges Trump ordered his valet to move classified documents to Trump’s residence so that Trump’s own lawyers could not find them. And then Trump’s own lawyer says Trump asked him to hide documents from the FBI.
Trump’s own lawyer admits that!
The indictment also alleges, with photographic evidence, that Trump stored documents on a stage in the ballroom at Mar-a-Lago and that some boxes fell over revealing highly classified information.
Keep in mind that a Chinese spy tried to steal intelligence from Mar-a-Lago in 2019.
All he had to do was hand over all the documents. But he lacked impulse control. It is all so, so stupid. We can “but Hillary” and “but Biden” all we want, but none of them were caught on audio tape admitting to showing people classified documents, and, to our knowledge, none of them ordered a valet to hide documents from their own lawyer, let alone asked their lawyer to hide documents from the FBI.
At the very least, all of this should lead you to conclude Trump just isn’t responsible enough to be president again. But if it holds up in court, it could lead a jury to conclude he needs jail time.

I’ve read the indictment, and I’m just smacking my head with how stupid this all is — not the indictment, but Trump’s antics as alleged in the indictment. This was all so avoidable.
First, we’re not discussing love letters with the North Korean dictator. According to the indictment, after leaving the White House, President Trump kept plans for invasions of other countries, locations of American spies around the world, classified locations of soldiers, military vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies, classified assessments of nuclear capabilities of various nations, etc. That’s not small ball stuff.
Second, on an audio recording, Trump showed classified documents to people without a security clearance and — and this is the kicker— admitted the documents were still classified because he had not declassified them before leaving the White House.
This is important because some claim Trump, by taking the documents, automatically declassified them. But this audio recording shows that, in Trump’s mind, he did not believe that to be the case and knew the documents were still classified.

According to the indictment, the National Archives demanded Trump hand over documents. Trump sent them 197 documents. Six months later, a federal grand jury demanded Trump hand over every other classified document he had. Trump sent the grand jury 38 more documents. When the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago, they found another 102 classified documents. In other words, Trump withheld classified documents from the federal grand jury.
More damning, the indictment alleges Trump ordered his valet to move classified documents to Trump’s residence so that Trump’s own lawyers could not find them. And then Trump’s own lawyer says Trump asked him to hide documents from the FBI.
The indictment also alleges, with photographic evidence, that Trump stored documents on a stage in the ballroom at Mar-a-Lago and that some boxes fell over revealing highly classified information.
Keep in mind that a Chinese spy tried to steal intelligence from Mar-a-Lago in 2019.
All he had to do was hand over all the documents. But he lacked impulse control. It is all so, so stupid. We can “but Hillary” and “but Biden” all we want, but none of them were caught on audio tape admitting to showing people classified documents, and, to our knowledge, none of them ordered a valet to hide documents from their own lawyer, let alone asked their lawyer to hide documents from the FBI.
At the very least, all of this should lead you to conclude Trump just isn’t responsible enough to be president again. But if it holds up in court, it could lead a jury to conclude he needs jail time.
The man said he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him....he thinks his self is above the law. Trump has FAFO!

The interesting question now, will Republican politicians finally walk away from Trump or will they double down on the double down and continue to attack the DOJ, the FBI and the federal courts when it’s clear that the DOJ has the goods for a conviction?

We know that a significant subset of Republican voters will never abandon Trump, so the calculus on how to respond to this for anyone with national aspirations is complex.

juries don't generally hand out sentences, judges do. Trump is not going to jail over this.

Reactions: shonuff253
The interesting question now, will Republican politicians finally walk away from Trump or will they double down on the double down and continue to attack the DOJ, the FBI and the federal courts when it’s clear that the DOJ has the goods for a conviction?

We know that a significant subset of Republican voters will never abandon Trump, so the calculus on how to respond to this for anyone with national aspirations is complex.
Yes it is. Because the DOJ and FBI do deserve to be attacked for not showing appropriate vigor on the Hunter Biden and potentially Joe Biden corruption/personal enrichment. So I think they have to maintain that argument because it happens to be correct. I actually think most of the presidential candidates are walking the balance right now, attacking Biden's FBI and DOJ for being overly political, but subtly questioning Trump's electability.

juries don't generally hand out sentences, judges do. Trump is not going to jail over this.
Sentences are mandated by the statutes under which a person is charged. The Judge doesn’t have much discretion and certainly can’t waive incarceration if that is required by the statute.

He’s going to prison if he’s convicted of these charges.

Sentences are mandated by the statutes under which a person is charged. The Judge doesn’t have much discretion and certainly can’t waive incarceration if that is required by the statute.

not all charges carry mandatory minimums. not sure about the statutes here but... either way, Biden can and likely would commute any sentence imposed. I am staking my bets on no orange jumpsuit for the orange man.

I believe the penalties for espionage were increased under the Trump Administration. Also, dude is on tape telling his lawyers to basically disregard the Feds request. If he's not going to jail, who is?

Yes it is. Because the DOJ and FBI do deserve to be attacked for not showing appropriate vigor on the Hunter Biden and potentially Joe Biden corruption/personal enrichment. So I think they have to maintain that argument because it happens to be correct. I actually think most of the presidential candidates are walking the balance right now, attacking Biden's FBI and DOJ for being overly political, but subtly questioning Trump's electability.
Is now the time for subtlety or is now the time to be heard?

We have been living in Trump’s sewer for so long, I think many are failing to process exactly how bad these indictments are. If he is guilty as charged, it proves that he was never a suitable choice to hold our highest office. Republicans can either commit to fixing the party or ride the Trump train right into more failed elections and ultimately irrelevancy.

not all charges carry mandatory minimums. not sure about the statutes here but... either way, Biden can and likely would commute any sentence imposed. I am staking my bets on no orange jumpsuit for the orange man.
That could happen. Good point.

Attacking a specific investigation in no way requires a full throated defense on a separate matter.

Republicans are going to regret opting out of yet another obvious opportunity to move on from Trump. It’s going to kill the party.

The Nixon “For the good of the country” argument won’t make sense when one party has shown themselves over and over again to be immune from the forces of both decency and shame when pursuing power.

Real jail time is the only thing that is going to impact the behaviors we need to change and I think we will see that with Trump.

OH NO!!! they got him this time lolol.

Biden bribery scheme was also breaking news yesterday. this is more of a nothingburger like everything else. if they dont stop him they are in jail. they must try and stop him. they will again fail.

they are just accusing Trump for what they are guilty of. These people are sick and will be stopped. they are using the justice department to take out a political opponent.

Trump will be your President. stop watching fake news. Enjoy the show!!

Trump will be your President. stop watching fake news. Enjoy the show!!

darkbrandon.jpg

It's great that they finally found something after how many failed attempts?

Now what will they do with all their free time?

He needs to let go of the campaign, and focus on staying out of prison. Just plain arrogance. Maybe he honestly thinks he could just wave a wand and declassify this stuff. Either way, this mess is one of his own doing. They had no choice but to line him up this time. Looks bad right now under these circumstances. Probably the best thing for the party going forward, but could help the current moron in chief get re-elected. I sure hope not.

Last edited:
He needs to let go of the campaign, and focus on staying out of prison. Just plain arrogance. Maybe he honestly thinks he could just wave a wand and declassify this stuff. Either way, this mess is one of his own doing. They had no choice but to line him up this time. Looks bad right now under these circumstances. Probably the best thing for the party going forward, but could help the moron get re-elected. I sure hope not.
I think if Trump got out it would be liberating for the rest of the R’s running and the D’s (and the media) would panic

I'm more worried about the politicians who have been selling out our country for decades. the last two and half years have been about waking the masses. Who could possibly be okay with the direction of this country currently?

They cannot stop what is coming. The panic shows!

It's great that they finally found something after how many failed attempts?

Now what will they do with all their free time?
Odd timing for a victory lap, given the egregious nature of these charges validate that the Dems were right when they impeached Trump twice. The guy never had the character to be POTUS and it reflects very poorly on republicans that they acquitted him twice, particularly the second time.

But, of course, they are once again rushing to defend the indefensible.

The problem is they can’t win elections without the Trumpists and they can’t win elections without some independents and the two requirements will be more and more incompatible as they continue to defend Trump.

Oh, and we haven’t even seen the charges related to J6 yet. They are coming.

I am not a "orange man good" guy, but EE never liked Trump dating back to 2015-16. Way, way back to when I would even listen to a radio program. So, other than entertainment, salt his opinion to your taste.

Meanwhile, if they don't do the same to the criminal Biden family, I really DGAS. Since the corrupt Clintons skated on everything, I expect the Burisma Biden's to as well.

Odd timing for a victory lap, given the egregious nature of these charges validate that the Dems were right when they impeached Trump twice. The guy never had the character to be POTUS and it reflects very poorly on republicans that they acquitted him twice, particularly the second time.

The problem is they can’t win elections without the Trumpists and they can’t win elections without some independents and the two requirements will be more and more incompatible as they continue to defend Trump.

What victory lap? Are you confused?

How can they be right about to impeachments that both resulted in acquittal? The first was proven to be based on a lie and the 2nd hasn't stuck with any criminal charges either.

At least you admit it's all been about getting rid of him because you don't like him and not because he violated any laws.

So what victory lap are you referencing?

I am not a "orange man good" guy, but EE never liked Trump dating back to 2015-16. Way, way back to when I would even listen to a radio program. So, other than entertainment, take what he says with a lot of scrutiny.
Or we could just read the indictments for ourselves and make our own judgements, right?

What victory lap? Are you confused?

How can they be right about to impeachments that both resulted in acquittal? The first was proven to be based on a lie and the 2nd hasn't stuck with any criminal charges either.

At least you admit it's all been about getting rid of him because you don't like him and not because he violated any laws.

So what victory lap are you referencing?
It was a lie that Trump tried to leverage an aid package to get dirt on the Bidens? I don’t think so.

Trump was acquitted in the two impeachments because Republicans refused to vote for conviction regardless of the evidence. We are seeing the same thing now, despite the fact that the DOJ clearly has the goods. The Faustian bargain republicans made with Trump is more clear than ever and power and winning elections takes precedence over national security and the best interests of the country.

It’s going to kill the party.

Or we could just read the indictments for ourselves and make our own judgements, right?
Well, if you do that then you completely miss the defense and you are no better than the propagandists in the MSM. What I have seen and heard from attorneys so far, this thing is not as cut and dried as the media wants us all to believe. Give it some time.

Let's not forget the credible informant who says Biden got a $5 million bribe as VP. The Trump stuff is to distract us from the real crime and corruption.

I'm waiting to see if that 30% block of Trump supporters in the GOP decreases with thus indictment. I have a feeling it stays the same meaning he still has a shot at winning the nomination...thid primary race is going to be wild.

Reactions: willdup

And the Ga case...... again he is so stupid, he is being recorded telling the Ga officials to "find 11,280 more votes". Again, his own damn words!
The man is straight trash.

Even more amazing is the Denigration of "the Weaponized FBI" and Director Wray who was ***appointed Director by Trump***. Most are ignorant of his LONG track record of dishonesty exemplified in Federal Court.

He and his Dad were charged with Housing Discrimination and Fraud by Nixons DOJ-they took a plea. Few yrs later Ford's DOJ again charged them with the same crimes. Again they plead out.

While in office Trump paid $25M to settle the Trump University class action lawsuit after students had been scammed out of $60 M

There are REASONS why, for the first time in US history, living former POTUS' did NOT support their party's nominee. __W was a lightweight, but HW was THE most qualified POTUS in US HISTORY ___

>> Joined the Navy June of '42 on his 18th B'day, and flew scores of combat missions as a bomber pilot over Europe in WW II >> Came home, graduated from Yale, then became a VERY successful entrepreneur starting two oil Companies from scratch in Texas >> Then served as a US Congressman >> was later named U.S, Trade LiasIon to China.>> Then served as Ambassdor to the Untied Nations >> Was then named Director of the CIA >> Then served as Reagan's VP for 8 yrs .

Unprecedented: H.W. said of Trump , quote , " He's a blowhard who has no idea what it means to be President"

Bonus : Trump ,a trust fund, silver spoon, daddy's boy who squated down on the family dole right outa College, praised Sec. State Rex Tillerson ,effusively after he resigned.

Later Tillerson said in an interview of Trump ,"It's virtually impossible to have a discussion about Global events and their ramifications for the U.S. when the person you're talking to doesn't even understand WHY you're having the conversation"

Trump then stated that Tillerson was "Dumb as a rock and lazy as hell" .Typical for the trust fund boy.

>>> Tillerson epitomized the American dream : Born to a middle class family in Stillwater Ok.,he worked at Ok. State while in HS as janitor and in the dining hall >> he later received a band scholly to UTx--After graduation ,he went to work in a refinery--He rose from those HUMBLE beginnings to be Chairman and CEO of the largest energy company in the world, Exxon Mobil .

Yet TrustFund Trump called THIS man, "DUMB as a rock and lazy as hell", like a butt hurt 5th grade redneck--TYPICAL

Trump Integrity Bonus : Stated about Trump , quote, "The level of his dishonesty is astounding to me . The dishonesty ,the transactional nature of every relationship is more pathetic than anything else. He's the most flawed person I've ever met in my life."

Noted Lib Wimp , General John Kelly : Commandant of the Marine Corp (combat on 3 continents), Director of Homeland Security and DJT White House Chief of Staff. ___Similar was stated by SEC. DEF. 4* Marine Corp General james Mattis and 4* Army General and Chairman of the Joint Chief's of Staff, Mark Milley.

There are several Top Notch , *HONEST* people in the GOP who would make very good POTUS'.

But for anyone whose read FORBES, WSJ , Business Week, FORTUNE ,etc over the last several decades has seen DJT's dishonesty repeatedly chronicled. Therefore the current Indictments of Trump are no surprise . Lifelong SOP for DJT. ____ GOD SAVE the G.O.P.

Last edited:
Even more amazing is the Denigration of "the Weaponized FBI" and Director Wray who was ***appointed Director by Trump***. Most are ignorant of his LONG track record of dishonesty exemplified in Federal Court.

He and his Dad were charged with Housing Discrimination and Fraud by Nixons DOJ-they took a plea. Few yrs later Ford's DOJ again charged them with the same crimes. Again they plead out.

While in office Trump paid $25M to settle the Trump University class action lawsuit after students had been scammed out of $60 M

There are REASONS why,for the first time in US history, living former POTUS' did NOT support their party's nominee. __W was a lightweight, but HW was THE most qualified POTUS in US HISTORY ___ >> Joined the Navy June of '42 on his 18th B'day, and flew scores of combat missions as a bomber pilot over Europe in WW II >> Came home, graduated from Yale, then became a VERY successful entrepreneur starting two oil Companies from scratch in Texas >> Then served as a US Congressman >> was later named U.S, Trade LiasIon to China.>> Then served as Ambassdor to the Untied Nations >> Was then named Director of the CIA >> Then served as Reagan's VP for 8 yrs .

Unprecedented: H.W. said of Trump , quote , " He's a blowhard who has no idea what it means to be President"

Bonus : Trump ,a trust fund, silver spoon, daddy's boy who squated down on the family dole right outa College, praised Sec. State Rex Tillerson ,effusively after he resigned . Later Tilerson said in an interview of Trump ,"It's virtually impossible to have a discussion about Global events and their ramifications for the U.S. when the person you're talking to doesn't even understand WHY you're having the conversation"

Trump then stated that Tillerson was "Dumb as a rock and lazy as hell" .Typical for the trust fund boy. >>> Tillerson epitomized the American dream : Born to a middle class family in Stillwater Ok.,he worked at Ok. State while in HS as janitor and in the dining hall >> he later received a band scholly to UTx--After graduation ,he went to work in a refinery--He rose from those HUMBLE beginnings to be Chairman and CEO of the largest energy company in the world, Exxon Mobil .

Yet TrustFund Trump called THIS man, "DUMB as a rock and lazy as hell", like a butt hurt 5th grade redneck--TYPICAL

Trump Integrity Bonus : Stated about Trump , quote, "The level of his dishonesty is astounding to me . The dishonesty ,the transactional nature of every relationship is more pathetic than anything else. He's the most flawed person I've ever met in my life."

Noted Lib Wimp , General John Kelly : Comandant of the Marine Corp (Combat on 3 continents), Director of Homeland Security and DJT White House Chief of Staff. ___Similar was stated by SEC. DEF. 4* Marine Corp General james Mattis and 4* Army General and Chairman of the Joint Chief's of Staff, Mark Milley.

There are SEVERAL Top Notch , *HONEST* people in the GOP who would make very good POTUS'.

But for anyone whose read FORBES, WSJ , Business Week, FORTUNE ,etc over that last several decades has seen DJT's dishonesty repeatedly chronicled. Therefore the current Indictments of Trump are no surprise . Lifelong SOP for DJT. ____ GOD SAVE the G.O.P.
Political post of the year!
Yet, there are millions that will still vote for him, and claim to love this country.......sad.
Biden is definitely flawed, but no candidate is straight up sick like trump.....no one.

Political post of the year!
Yet, there are millions that will still vote for him, and claim to love this country.......sad.
Biden is definitely flawed, but no candidate is straight up sick like trump.....no one.
Well. That conversation we had earlier. Already right. Going to get ugly. Sounds like there is a case here for both sides. Get your popcorn ready.

Nm

He needs to let go of the campaign, and focus on staying out of prison. Just plain arrogance. Maybe he honestly thinks he could just wave a wand and declassify this stuff. Either way, this mess is one of his own doing. They had no choice but to line him up this time. Looks bad right now under these circumstances. Probably the best thing for the party going forward, but could help the current moron in chief get re-elected. I sure hope not.
If that POS is re-elected this country has to stop his agenda anyway possible and I have enough faith that the common sense, God loving citizens will do everything to do that.

Reactions: zingerdawg

Trump is above the law. He knows that and that’s why he carries on the way he does. He’s not going to jail, but he needs to remove himself from public life. Trump and his supporters claim everyone is out to get him, but he keeps putting a big ole target on his back. But he doesn’t care, because as I said earlier, he thinks he is above the law.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT