ADVERTISEMENT

Nathan Deal has put state above politics again..

DawgMaticFan

National Champion
Feb 7, 2016
The guy is a man. He vetoed The Religion Protection Bill, or whatever it's name is..was.
Nobody's right to worship is being restricted in any way. This nonsense was about giving religion power in government.
We need more people like Deal in both parties.

Reactions: MidGABulldawg76
The guy is a man. He vetoed The Religion Protection Bill, or whatever it's name is..was.
Nobody's right to worship is being restricted in any way. This nonsense was about giving religion power in government.
People's rights to express their religious beliefs can now be restricted. If a doctor declines to provide abortions (another SCOTUS-given right) based on religious belief, he cannot be forced to do so. There's no reason a person should be forced to be part of a same-sex marriage ceremony.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011

Well, as they say about Obama, he's lame duck anyway. Didn't have to worry about being re-elected. I kind of figured he'd go this way. Who knows what his future holds with these companies after being out of office.

People's rights to express their religious beliefs can now be restricted. If a doctor declines to provide abortions (another SCOTUS-given right) based on religious belief, he cannot be forced to do so. There's no reason a person should be forced to be part of a same-sex marriage ceremony.
The doctor pays taxes...The church does not...You can have ALL the rights you want if you start paying your fare share!!! HAHAHAHA...Oh the irony!!!!!

The doctor pays taxes...The church does not...You can have ALL the rights you want if you start paying your fare share!!! HAHAHAHA...Oh the irony!!!!!
Do bakers, wedding planners, photographers, caterers, etc. pay taxes? You might have wanted to actually put some thought into your response before you typed it. Oh, wait...you probably did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Long Beach Law Dawg

There are a lot of cities that would love to host a Super Bowl, SEC championship game, NCAA basketball regional, just saying...

Reactions: DawgMaticFan
He only did it because he saw what happened in Indiana after they signed their discrimination bills. Companies and events flocked from there and they lost a ton of money and will continue to. Imagine all of the movie studios if they dropped Georgia from their places to shoot. Imagine no Super Bowl, no SEC championship, no Final Four, and other businesses flocking. Besides, this bill didn't have a damn thing to do with religious freedom. Anytime I hear about a religious freedom bill, it's usually a bill designed to discriminate or a bill designed to deny someone else their rights. People already have religious freedom in this country, so their is no point in passing a religious freedom bill.

Conservatives are just going to have to deal with the fact that they've lost the battle against gay marriage. The more they fight the worse they look. I just can't get behind it. I'm a heterosexual man who doesn't have a problem with who someone else loves. Their marriage doesn't invalidate mine or anyone else's.

He only did it because he saw what happened in Indiana after they signed their discrimination bills. Companies and events flocked from there and they lost a ton of money and will continue to. Imagine all of the movie studios if they dropped Georgia from their places to shoot. Imagine no Super Bowl, no SEC championship, no Final Four, and other businesses flocking. Besides, this bill didn't have a damn thing to do with religious freedom. Anytime I hear about a religious freedom bill, it's usually a bill designed to discriminate or a bill designed to deny someone else their rights. People already have religious freedom in this country, so their is no point in passing a religious freedom bill.

Conservatives are just going to have to deal with the fact that they've lost the battle against gay marriage. The more they fight the worse they look. I just can't get behind it. I'm a heterosexual man who doesn't have a problem with who someone else loves. Their marriage doesn't invalidate mine or anyone else's.

I think it's finally dawning on the denizens of the Lunatic Fringe Fever Swamp that they are way out of the mainstream, just as their segregationist mamas and daddies discovered in the 1960s.

Reactions: shonuff253
Do bakers, wedding planners, photographers, caterers, etc. pay taxes? You might have wanted to actually put some thought into your response before you typed it. Oh, wait...you probably did.

Sure they do. But so do gays.

I believe they should be allowed to be married. I don't believe the church should have to marry them, if it is against their own bylaws. I don't think this bill is forcing anyone to have to marry them if against their religion.

Both sides might as well hang signs and be done with it:

This Christian establishment does not allow gays.

Gay artists, floral arrangers, wedding planners, hairdressers, clothing designers, etc. could say:

We're Christian gays. We're open to everyone.

My point is.........all these people balking at serving gays (like the cake decorator) are being ridiculous. Somewhere in your life there is a gay person probably serving YOU.

No doctor is currently being forced to perform abortions and no minister is forced to perfrom any ceremony.
These are straw men arguments.

Well, as they say about Obama, he's lame duck anyway. Didn't have to worry about being re-elected. I kind of figured he'd go this way. Who knows what his future holds with these companies after being out of office.

Deal has shown a willingness to stand up and make his own mind on roads taxes and several other important decisions. I think he's just an exception to the pander bears who dominate politics.

Reactions: whitepug6

I believe they should be allowed to be married. I don't believe the church should have to marry them, if it is against their own bylaws. I don't think this bill is forcing anyone to have to marry them if against their religion.

Gay artists, floral arrangers, wedding planners, hairdressers, clothing designers, etc. could say:

My point is.........all these people balking at serving gays (like the cake decorator) are being ridiculous. Somewhere in your life there is a gay person probably serving YOU.

Solid well informed post.
There was no need for this bill, it could only serve to restrict some rights while going too far in support of religious organizations.

Reactions: whitepug6

Deal did the right thing for The State AND it's citizens. That is the measure.

Reactions: LumpLump
No doctor is currently being forced to perform abortions and no minister is forced to perfrom any ceremony.
These are straw men arguments.
Bakers have been forced to provide wedding cakes for gay weddings in other states.

Reactions: im4thedawgs

If so, then that is their choice. They are not compelled to do so. I wouldn't have a problem if, for example, a gay printer declined business from a church because it refuses to marry gay couples. If people are being ridiculous by not wanting to have a part in a gay wedding, that should still be their choice as well.

Deal has shown a willingness to stand up and make his own mind on roads taxes and several other important decisions. I think he's just an exception to the pander bears who dominate politics.

He MAY have seen the error of his ways when in he was pretty much thrown out of Congress.

If so, then that is their choice. They are not compelled to do so. I wouldn't have a problem if, for example, a gay printer declined business from a church because it refuses to marry gay couples. If people are being ridiculous by not wanting to have a part in a gay wedding, that should still be their choice as well.

I agree about not having a "part" in a gay wedding. But for me, being a "Part" is the preacher, guests, etc.

That cake baker out west was NOT a "part" of the wedding, imo. They baked cakes, the gays wanted to buy one. Now that said, the gays surely could have found another baker.

There's just a lot on both sides, imo.

Bakers have been forced to provide wedding cakes for gay weddings in other states.

That is a bit different, make it a lot different. Baking cakes is something a baker clearly has no moral qualms about. It is much closer to the ''whites only'' of Jim Crow when anybody other than gays are served.
As long as the baker isn't forced to attend or minister to the wedding, I'm ok with their having to treat them as they do other customers.
I do think the civil judgement against the Washington St bakery was wrong though.

I agree about not having a "part" in a gay wedding. But for me, being a "Part" is the preacher, guests, etc.

That cake baker out west was NOT a "part" of the wedding, imo. They baked cakes, the gays wanted to buy one. Now that said, the gays surely could have found another baker.

I agree, the judgement of millions of dollars against the owners of the bakery was not right. Ruining their lives was far too punitive, the loss of business would have been punishment enough.

I'd love for that to apply across the board. HAHAHAHA, you don't pay income taxes you don't vote. Oh, how the country would improve.

It wouldn't be America though.
I'm sure there is still a banana republic or two that only allows land owners to vote. Maybe you can buy a few hectors and lord over the peasants in some third world shit hole.

No that has to be one of the most ignorant postings I've ever read...Truly. But there are two many ppl like you. Its how we get ppl like Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as front runners.

Not the case, they had baked cakes for them in the past. The gays wanted them to CATER the wedding. That is being a part of the wedding. Now, the left likes to tell you its about rights. But you can google and find a number of videos of ppl going into Muslim bakeries posing as gays and trying to get them to simple make them a cake. They're run out of the shop. You will never find anyone filing suit against Muslims because it doesn't fit the lefts agenda.

Not the case, they had baked cakes for them in the past. The gays wanted them to CATER the wedding. That is being a part of the wedding. Now, the left likes to tell you its about rights. But you can google and find a number of videos of ppl going into Muslim bakeries posing as gays and trying to get them to simple make them a cake. They're run out of the shop. You will never find anyone filing suit against Muslims because it doesn't fit the lefts agenda.

Not according to this article.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/oregon-bakery-pay-gay-couple-refused-cake-article-1.2103577

I once had a bakery refuse to decorate a cake with a pair of big 3D titties on top.
I was confused by their hate and emotionally distraught over my sexuality being negatively judged. Granted asking the bakery's owner to serve as the model might have been unwise, but still.

The way to vote is with your money. Don't purchase from companies who go against what you believe. You have a choice but you can't depend on politicians because they aren't honest people to begin with. Deal is just like any other politician. Hes religious when he needs votes, other than that he doesn't believe in god. Ted Cruz is the same way, hes anything but an outsider but hes playing the part pretty well right now!

The way to vote is with your money. Don't purchase from companies who go against what you believe. You have a choice but you can't depend on politicians because they aren't honest people to begin with. Deal is just like any other politician. Hes religious when he needs votes, other than that he doesn't believe in god. Ted Cruz is the same way, hes anything but an outsider but hes playing the part pretty well right now!

The bill Deal vetoed has little to nothing to do with being Christian.
No Christian in Georgia is the least bit restricted in practicing their beliefs in the appropriate manner.
It's not appropriate to force non-Christians into a theological society or theological government.

No Christian in Georgia is the least bit restricted in practicing their beliefs in the appropriate manner.
It's not appropriate to force non-Christians into a theological society or theological government.

Just how do you know he does not believe in God? Do you know personally? Since I do know him you are so wrong! Since I don't know you! I bet you are not a Christian!

I emailed Govenor Deal asking him to veto the bill. I'm sure he got thousands of emails. The economic impact would have been really bad. Atlanta is also losing ground to Nashville and Charlotte and I'm sure this would have opened the door for other cities to snatch convention, sporting events, and other business oppurtunies from Georgia. Not really to mention what this would have done to Savannah's economy.

The liberal definition of what's "appropriate". Heck, you libs think Nuns should hand out birth control pills just because "you" think it's okay. Nobody is more "closed-minded" to opposing views than present day libs. Heck, they are even scared to hear a conservative speak or have a name drawn in chalk on a side walk. Protect us! We're afraid of opposing viewpoints. Safety Zone, Safety Zone! LOL.

How often do gay people go into cake decorating places and they decline. I mean seriously? Most gay people know people in that line of work anyway so they have it done through their friends (wink, wink). I'm glad Deal declined it. He's being a true republican which used to be all about good business sense before 10-15 years ago. It also makes our state look like a bunch of bigots.

The liberal definition of what's "appropriate". Heck, you libs think Nuns should hand out birth control pills just because "you" think it's okay. Nobody is more "closed-minded" to opposing views than present day libs. Heck, they are even scared to hear a conservative speak or have a name drawn in chalk on a side walk. Protect us! We're afraid of opposing viewpoints. Safety Zone, Safety Zone! LOL.

It's self defined conservatives on this board who are clearly locked into a cartoonish view of most of the world.
I doubt Deal is a ''lib'' by any reasonable definition, but reason is in short supply around here.

How often do gay people go into cake decorating places and they decline. I mean seriously? Most gay people know people in that line of work anyway so they have it done through their friends (wink, wink). I'm glad Deal declined it. He's being a true republican which used to be all about good business sense before 10-15 years ago. It also makes our state look like a bunch of bigots.

''Friends ( wink wink) '' jeez, it's like some of you hibernated from the 1950s till today.

Its be worth discussing with you if you had any clue as to what you're talking about

Why don't you walk into any Muslim bakery and order some gay cakes ....see what happens.....But I'd bet you really wouldn't care in that instance now would you....being muslims and all

LOL since when did paying taxes trump religious liberty? Good Lord have mercy. Someone get these kids a constitution.....STAT!!

Another thing, this post shows astounding ignorance. If you think social issues are about 10 or 15 yrs old.....My guess is you aren't much older??

Another thing, this post shows astounding ignorance. If you think social issues are about 10 or 15 yrs old.....My guess is you aren't much older??

You're right, for once, and only once.
This so called ''moral majority'' movement began in the late 70s and picked up steam in the 80s.
Republicans have been scratching their knotty little heads since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT