ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Where to Live in Atlanta Burbs?

I lived in Clayton County for 10 years from 93-03 and I gotta say, has to be one of the worst places to live in the United States of America. Hope this helps

I have a friend from high school who lives in Indian Hills Estates near Lake Spivey, it's still a place to live, but probably not quite what it was when they moved in. There are a lot of lakes and good neighborhoods in the suburbs and countryside of clayton County. Jonesboro itself has gone downhill though. I prefer Fayette and Coweta Counties more overall.

Last edited:
The idea of the thread is to provide suggestions, which is what I did. So, yes, I will always do me and try to help out a fellow venter when I can.

We take the train most times we go into Atlanta to events. We park at the outmost Marta train station and ride in.

Reactions: LawDawg86
That's a nice area, just not for me. I don't want the taxes and the thing about working from home with a family is you need a lot more space, which the houses there aren't really built for. I was fairly certain PTC would be a reasonable answer given my criteria, and the responses have only confirmed that, but I was really trying to determine whether I was overlooking something. Newnan maybe? Anything further east or west? I always knew north side was unlikely to work given those requirements, even though places like Woodstock are great and would otherwise fit the bill.
Newman is your answer. Live in Macon. Wife’s family is from Newnan. Hits all your criteria.

Reactions: A Tale of Two Dawgs
We take the train most times we go into Atlanta to events. We park at the outmost Marta train station and ride in.
My wife took the train every day to work. We always took the train downtown and midtown, except to Braves games ... too much hassle. Makes too much sense.

[QUOTE="A Tale of Two Dawgs, post: 5457543, member: 3050"
Where to Live in Atlanta Burbs?
[/QUOTE]
Kralendijk, Bonaire, Lesser Antilles.

I live in West Cobb. Takes me 30-40 minutes to get to the airport even on busy times as there are 20 different ways to get there. Top schools in the state and a crap load of things around.

Is your kid into any extra-curricular activities?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT