ADVERTISEMENT

Are you better off than you were four years ago?

4 years ago at the grocery store…

I survived……and I am still worse off than 4 years ago. Math is easy when you know how to apply it.

But question for you…..are you the same fellow that was on here a month or so ago saying that you would qualify a home buyer with a 45% DTI ratio??

(Edit)

Last edited:
I survived……and I am still better off than 4 years ago. Math is easy when you know how to apply it.

But question for you…..are you the same fellow that was on here a month or so ago saying that you would qualify a home buyer with a 45% DTI ratio??
Backend, yup. In fact, have one closing next week with a 66% backend.

The bike bit is mine and not a political cry. Send me these people's phone numbers now and I will tell them all personally. I dont care if they cuss me out....been there, done that this week alone.

Biden didn't sit down with the finance officer an force the buyer to sign up for 1000 a month.

There is nothing....nothing...you can say to me to make me feel sorry for a borrow defaulting on $1000 a month car loan.

My Altima example, let's go 14% interest rate, it is still less than $600 per month for 60 months. And that's with no money down. $1000 a month is just a crazy idea and I couldn't believe it when I read it.

I use Altima as an example because I had one right out of college and it lasted 10 years for me. Only upgraded because our family got bigger. We beat that bad boy up though. Haha. It's a good car, affordable, and gets the job done (great gas mileage). Perfect for today's environment.

People buying what they want (70k trucks) vs what they need (30k affordable vehicles) is what gets them upside down in most cases. Then they complain about gas to fuel the 70k truck too. No policy can be inacted to save people from their bad decisions.

That $400+ a month savings on a car (and more on gas) could have gone to rent for a studio apartment, groceries, or maybe even savings if they are fortunate enough to get there.

It can be done if some people actually try.

Sorry...this car thing has been a thorn in my side for a while now and I don't mean to take it out on anyone here...I'm sure you're all great people and folks I wouldn't mind having a beer with.
No issue with your post at all man. It gets a lot worse in here. People wouldn’t believe it reading the posts in here but I actually like will outside of his politics. Celtic too. I would even have a beer with shonuff to thank him for his service. I would sneak some carrot juice in there in hopes they get smarter, but your post is fine. If I had a beer with nice marnut I am sure it would be fine. We may have to sit on opposite ends of a long table. ;).

There is no doubt some of these issues can be avoided. But that has always been the case with finances. My point was I bough my son a Nissan Altima ironically. He still has it. 2012. Its value hasn’t changed from since o bought it till a year ago. And is more expensive to finance. Credit is up, so. Reddit scores are down meaning higher interest rates. That points the gun in one place more often that just bad choices. That is my point. And I wanted to tell you the Altima for my son is in my name ironically.

Anyone who makes 60000 a year or less on this board doing better? Will anyone on the board admit this is what they make? If no one says yes, it makes this thread useless.
Hell no everything has gone up. These lbs must not buy their own groceries or eat out. Even fast food restaurants have increased their prices. All of our insurance has gone up auto and home. Only ones that are better off are the rich. The government is redistributing the wealth from the middle class and poor to the illegal immigrants. Wages aren’t keeping up with inflation anyone that says it is is lying.

No issue with your post at all man. It gets a lot worse in here. People wouldn’t believe it reading the posts in here but I actually like will outside of his politics. Celtic too. I would even have a beer with shonuff to thank him for his service. I would sneak some carrot juice in there in hopes they get smarter, but your post is fine. If I had a beer with nice marnut I am sure it would be fine. We may have to sit on opposite ends of a long table. ;).

There is no doubt some of these issues can be avoided. But that has always been the case with finances. My point was I bough my son a Nissan Altima ironically. He still has it. 2012. Its value hasn’t changed from since o bought it till a year ago. And is more expensive to finance. Credit is up, so. Reddit scores are down meaning higher interest rates. That points the gun in one place more often that just bad choices. That is my point. And I wanted to tell you the Altima for my son is in my name ironically.
Love the Altima story. That awesome!

I'm convinced 80% of all issues we all likely agree on. Been saying that for years. Get us all in a room with a case of beer and we solve all the problems by lunch! Haha!

I survived……and I am still worse off than 4 years ago. Math is easy when you know how to apply it.

(Edit)
Yes. He came up with a house payment for a home. Said he could qualify them after saying they make some insanely low amount supposedly. Then he had to walk it back.

If people are paying $1000 a month for a new car as indicated in the article, they made a bad financial decision and should just buy a bike. They deserve to default and learn their lesson. That's insane and just a bad decision. I'm sorry to be crass but DANG.

Some of these problems are self inflicted and easily avoidable.

A quick Google shows you can go to carmax right now and buy a 2021 nissan Altima under 40k miles for under 25k and pay 1/3 of that cost (even at 7% auto loan rate over 60 months).

There are ways to survive this. I feel like I'm screaming into the void though....
Why in the hell do we have to survive in our own country. Under Trump I was spending 30 percent less on everything.

Why in the hell do we have to survive in our own country. Under Trump I was spending 30 percent less on everything.
I think you are missing my point and I don't think you will ever get it if you think this is about politics. I dont care what side of the aisle you are on. You don't need a 70k vehicle with a 50k car note to "survive" in this country.

But I can think of a lot better things someone could be spending money on that is NOT a depreciating asset with a HIGH interest rate at 1000 A MONTH. That's not an inflation issue....that's a personal finance issue and I'd say the same thing to that person in a 1% inflationary environment (I have never had a car payment even HALF that, and that was 7 years ago at 1.5% over 4 years). 1000/month is a 50k car loan with an average rate of 7% over 5 years. They bought too much car and are now "car poor". On the north end of a budget (15%), that person better be clearing 80k in income, and even that's a stretch in my opinion with insurance and taxes an unknown.

"Good judgement comes from experience that comes from bad judgement" - Dad

If I can sit here and identify in the span of a few minutes an item that someone could save $400-600 a month on, imagine what I could do if we actually took alook under the hood, pun intended.

Question for you: Would you be happy if someone found $400-600 more per month in your budget by making a change? I would be ecstatic if I found it in mine. That's real money man. That's a couple dinner dates per month with my wife, ball games/spending time with the kids, savings applied to a new car, etc. With no change to my current standard of living.

If you feel like you need 1000 per month for a vehicle to "survive" in this country...I can't help you there...

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I think you are missing my point and I don't think you will ever get it if you think this is about politics. I dont care what side of the aisle you are on. You don't need a 70k vehicle with a 50k car note to "survive" in this country.

But I can think of a lot better things someone could be spending money on that is NOT a depreciating asset with a HIGH interest rate at 1000 A MONTH. That's not an inflation issue....that's a personal finance issue and I'd say the same thing to that person in a 1% inflationary environment (I have never had a car payment even HALF that, and that was 7 years ago at 1.5% over 4 years). 1000/month is a 50k car loan with an average rate of 7% over 5 years. They bought too much car and are now "car poor". On the north end of a budget (15%), that person better be clearing 80k in income, and even that's a stretch in my opinion with insurance and taxes an unknown.

"Good judgement comes from experience that comes from bad judgement" - Dad

If I can sit here and identify in the span of a few minutes an item that someone could save $400-600 a month on, imagine what I could do if we actually took alook under the hood, pun intended.

Question for you: Would you be happy if someone found $400-600 more per month in your budget by making a change? I would be ecstatic if I found it in mine. That's real money man. That's a couple dinner dates per month with my wife, ball games/spending time with the kids, savings applied to a new car, etc. With no change to my current standard of living.

If you feel like you need 1000 per month for a vehicle to "survive" in this country...I can't help you there...
I sure could use that 400 hundred dollars a month I am missing to help me survive this economy.

The bike bit is mine and not a political cry. Send me these people's phone numbers now and I will tell them all personally. I dont care if they cuss me out....been there, done that this week alone.

Biden didn't sit down with the finance officer an force the buyer to sign up for 1000 a month.

There is nothing....nothing...you can say to me to make me feel sorry for a borrow defaulting on $1000 a month car loan.

My Altima example, let's go 14% interest rate, it is still less than $600 per month for 60 months. And that's with no money down. $1000 a month is just a crazy idea and I couldn't believe it when I read it.

I use Altima as an example because I had one right out of college and it lasted 10 years for me. Only upgraded because our family got bigger. We beat that bad boy up though. Haha. It's a good car, affordable, and gets the job done (great gas mileage). Perfect for today's environment.

People buying what they want (70k trucks) vs what they need (30k affordable vehicles) is what gets them upside down in most cases. Then they complain about gas to fuel the 70k truck too. No policy can be inacted to save people from their bad decisions.

That $400+ a month savings on a car (and more on gas) could have gone to rent for a studio apartment, groceries, or maybe even savings if they are fortunate enough to get there.

It can be done if some people actually try.

Sorry...this car thing has been a thorn in my side for a while now and I don't mean to take it out on anyone here...I'm sure you're all great people and folks I wouldn't mind having a beer with.

Who the hell
Borrows money to buy a car? It is quite possibly the worst investment you could
Make. Even if you rely on your car for a paycheck, buying brand new and financing is the worst use of money I can think of. Outside of a habit like Hunter has, even then, it’s covered by the chinese

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
You can’t eat those stats. They don’t help folks who used to be able to buy a house, pay less than 20 percent of income on housing, etc.

And if you really do want to look at the only measure / stat that regular folks give a shut about. It is real wages. At the three year mark of Trump they were up 7 percent. Under Biden they are down.

The housing thing is the one that I don’t see folks talk enough about. Locked into homes too small and / or can’t afford to buy a new one because of rates / pricing. People are pissed. I suspect the disconnect in your data relative to how folks feel about the economy lies here.

You are a good debater. Economy and border are ones you should know to stay away from unless things really change for the better.
Libs don’t GAS about suffering Americans. The libs on this board do not GAS in the least. Their concerns are placing blacks on a pedestal, making sure nobody ridicules their precious queers, spending taxpayer money on climate bullshit and foreign wars, aborting fetuses, and packing the country with illiterate criminal democrat voters. The struggles of working Americans are completely off their GAS list. If they all starved to death it would make it easier for them to achieve their goals. The libs on this board are guilty and amoral, shameful. IMO, of course.

Libs don’t GAS about suffering Americans. The libs on this board do not GAS in the least. Their concerns are placing blacks on a pedestal, making sure nobody ridicules their precious queers, spending taxpayer money on climate bullshit and foreign wars, aborting fetuses, and packing the country with illiterate criminal democrat voters. The struggles of working Americans are completely off their GAS list. If they all starved to death it would make it easier for them to achieve their goals. The libs on this board are guilty and amoral, shameful. IMO, of cours
You nailed it.

If I had a beer with nice marnut I am sure it would be fine. We may have to sit on opposite ends of a long table. ;).
nah. probably wouldn't be just one beer and I would offer to pick up the check, depends on whose bar, i.e. which of us picked it.

Reactions: zingerdawg
They are and the ruling junta cares not for them either. Working lower class Americans, who largely have no political lean, are not on the priority list.
They get thrown in the trash with the middle class just like all of the backbone of America citizens. He is replacing us with illegal immagrants!

You can’t eat those stats. They don’t help folks who used to be able to buy a house, pay less than 20 percent of income on housing, etc.

And if you really do want to look at the only measure / stat that regular folks give a shut about. It is real wages. At the three year mark of Trump they were up 7 percent. Under Biden they are down.

The housing thing is the one that I don’t see folks talk enough about. Locked into homes too small and / or can’t afford to buy a new one because of rates / pricing. People are pissed. I suspect the disconnect in your data relative to how folks feel about the economy lies here.

You are a good debater. Economy and border are ones you should know to stay away from unless things really change for the better.
Inflation is a bitch and I don’t disagree with what you say. My issue is that comparing Trump’s first three years, when he took office with economic tail winds (that’s a fact, every major economic indicator was trending positively when Trump took office) to Biden, who took over during an unprecedented global economic dislocation, is nonsensical. Inflation is a global issue and, overall, we are doing better than the other G7 economies. I’m not saying everything is perfect, it’s not, but it’s also not the destruction of the American economy that many on here keep insisting.

We live in a global economy. We are producing more oil than any country in history, our inflation is trending down and far better than most, and our GDP strong, again on a relative basis, which is the only reasonable way to measure things after Covid.

My 401k just got back to 2020 numbers. I make more but can’t buy a home, groceries are more expensive, and gas is more expensive
Everybody who is young and trying to get some traction is struggling. Hang in there. These times come and go. I had a hard time with my first house. 14% mortgage rate. Refinanced about 4 times and finally got above water.

Inflation is a bitch and I don’t disagree with what you say. My issue is that comparing Trump’s first three years, when he took office with economic tail winds (that’s a fact, every major economic indicator was trending positively when Trump took office) to Biden, who took over during an unprecedented global economic dislocation, is nonsensical. Inflation is a global issue and, overall, we are doing better than the other G7 economies. I’m not saying everything is perfect, it’s not, but it’s also not the destruction of the American economy that many on here keep insisting.

We live in a global economy. We are producing more oil than any country in history, our inflation is trending down and far better than most, and our GDP strong, again on a relative basis, which is the only reasonable way to measure things after Covid.
Biden had tailwinds. Big time. Look at the run up in markets leading into 2021 and the amount of liquidity folks had between savings from Covid and tax free RE-fi proceeds from ultra low interest mortgages.

And despite the fact that anyone with a brain could see that we had already recovered economically. And the only ones super focused on keeping things shut down in early 2021 were politically minded folks who couldn’t bear the thought of agreeing with Trump / DeSantis - the democrats on a straight party line injected another trillion dollar stimulus.

And to make matters worse kept supply chains constrained with continued shutdowns and unnecessarily long quarantine rules for anyone 15 people removed from COVID. We had vaccines at that point. But the continued virtue signaling and shaming kept supply chains eff’d.

Straight party line. Demand >>>>>>> Supply = inflation. I blame the fed also for acting too late.

You will say that global inflation proves this was not a US issue. True to some extent but remember that the World turns on US economic policy, the cost of US treasuries, US currency, etc, etc. Bottom line we were going to have some inflarion coming out of Covid but our Government threw gas on it.

Biden had tailwinds. Big time. Look at the run up in markets leading into 2021 and the amount of liquidity folks had between savings from Covid and tax free RE-fi proceeds from ultra low interest mortgages.

And despite the fact that anyone with a brain could see that we had already recovered economically. And the only ones super focused on keeping things shut down in early 2021 were politically minded folks who couldn’t bear the thought of agreeing with Trump / DeSantis - the democrats on a straight party line injected another trillion dollar stimulus.

And to make matters worse kept supply chains constrained with continued shutdowns and unnecessarily long quarantine rules for anyone 15 people removed from COVID. We had vaccines at that point. But the continued virtue signaling and shaming kept supply chains eff’d.

Straight party line. Demand >>>>>>> Supply = inflation. I blame the fed also for acting too late.

You will say that global inflation proves this was not a US issue. True to some extent but remember that the World turns on US economic policy, the cost of US treasuries, US currency, etc, etc. Bottom line we were going to have some inflarion coming out of Covid but our Government threw gas on it.
Both dealt with Covid. The CPI was at 1.4% when Biden took over in Jan. It started to explode around Feb of the same year after he took over.

Declaring war on the petroleum industry and pushing the $15 per hour “livable wage” certainty didn’t help keep it at 1.4%.

This is on Joe, not all. But a big portion of the damage is.

March 13, 2020 ? Have you forgotten the day worse than 9/11 for most of us?
You are only get one side from that question. No liberal will post because they know they are not. Hamas the Chinese Army are all happy they have 100k soilders in our country. Do you really think the 100s of thousand of young men coming into your country monthly are accountants looking for work. If the liberals are right about Trump working with Russia wouldn’t we want to keep their agents out. Since our borders are open I guess that shows the lie about Trump Working with Russia.

Of course I'm better off.

I was also better off under Trump than Obama.

I was better off under Obama than Bush.

I was better off under Bush than Clinton.

Life hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows, I think my life progression has been in spite of the sitting POTUS.

nah. probably wouldn't be just one beer and I would offer to pick up the check, depends on whose bar, i.e. which of us picked it.
I was wondering if you caught that. I missed the response. Well played. I would let you pick up the check. Want to know what it feels like to be a Democrat for a day. :)

This thread is about more lies concerning the economy. I am assuming this belongs here. Kind of proves what I have been saying.

200w.gif

Of course I'm better off.

I was also better off under Trump than Obama.

I was better off under Obama than Bush.

I was better off under Bush than Clinton.

Life hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows, I think my life progression has been in spite of the sitting POTUS.
Then you’re 100% different than the rest of us. Glad this problem doesn’t effect you.

I was wondering if you caught that. I missed the response. Well played. I would let you pick up the check. Want to know what it feels like to be a Democrat for a day. :)
A+ re: this comment ... no comment on the rest.

Edit: OK FINE YOU GOT ME - from same source as FOX NEWS is using:

Reactions: zingerdawg
Then you’re 100% different than the rest of us. Glad this problem doesn’t effect you.
If we are all being honest...taking a snapshot in time on 3/15/2020...and you answer that you are worse off on 03/15/2024...I do not think that can be laid at bidens feet (since he was not president 4 years ago).

Are there certain things that are not "as good"? Sure...the border is one thing we can all pretty much agree on.

But in the aggregate, things aren't as bad as people may feel them to be. "Perception is reality". The "problem" affects us all differently and we will all respond in kind.

And what do you mean by "this problem" as if singular?

The problem of a corrupt USA predates my existence. We were all born into it. I didn't say I don't have problems, but I'm not going to apologize for making enough good choices to overcome the obstacles evil people have placed before me.

I'll be gone one day but my life will not be defined by a politician. That doesn't mean I'm not going to speak out against the BS.

If we are all being honest...taking a snapshot in time on 3/15/2020...and you answer that you are worse off on 03/15/2024...I do not think that can be laid at bidens feet (since he was not president 4 years ago).

Are there certain things that are not "as good"? Sure...the border is one thing we can all pretty much agree on.

But in the aggregate, things aren't as bad as people may feel them to be. "Perception is reality". The "problem" affects us all differently and we will all respond in kind.
We are losing full time jobs to part time employment. With this comes limited benefits. You and my tax dollars pick up the difference. Please don’t think otherwise. This administration does the bidding for these economic views.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT