ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Covid-19 confirmed in Floyd County

If everything closes and it gets as bad as you say, sure, I’ll reevaluate. But, I would absolutely visit the Vatican and Sistine Chapel or go skiing in Colorado or take my kids to Disney World assuming they are open. I know the Louvre is closed; but, as of now Vail and Disney World are not. The Vatican May be closed; but, would go if open.
Go right ahead if you wanna put your family and others at risk but you gotta get to those places first. Then you gotta have hotels, eateries, on and on. What 'ya gonna do if you or one of yours comes down with the virus even if not very sick? Got someplace to stay for a month? Can you afford it? How you gonna get home? Bust out of quarantine and hijack a plane? Italy is in worse shape that the USA but maybe the Pope'll protect you. Look, I hope it all amounts to nothing but right now it doesn't look like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubicon_dawg
Just go on about your business..this has been blown way out of proportion!
Maybe. Maybe not. If the current doubling rate holds Here's what the next few weeks look like:

03/06 - 260 cases in the US (source)
03/10 - 520
03/14 - 1,040
03/18 - 2,080
03/22 - 4,160
03/26 - 8,320
03/30 - 16,640
04/03 - 33,280
04/07 - 66,560
04/11 - 133,120
04/15 - 266,240
04/19 - 532,480
04/23 - 1,064,960

There is no guarantee the current doubling rate holds, but the above sequence is the stark reality of exponential growth. We also know for sure, that we haven't tested enough Americans to see where our true starting number is.

Reactions: nice marmot
Travel insurance?

Travel insurance will not cover it if you simply do not want to go because of a fear of Covid-19. You have to have a documented covered reason to use the insurance. The fear of getting the virus is not a covered reason. The one exception is if someone purchases "Cancel for any reason." In this case the policy usually pays up to 75% of your cost for cancellation.

Reactions: kdsdawg and alw1776
Maybe. Maybe not. If the current doubling rate holds Here's what the next few weeks look like:

03/06 - 260 cases in the US (source)
03/10 - 520
03/14 - 1,040
03/18 - 2,080
03/22 - 4,160
03/26 - 8,320
03/30 - 16,640
04/03 - 33,280
04/07 - 66,560
04/11 - 133,120
04/15 - 266,240
04/19 - 532,480
04/23 - 1,064,960

There is no guarantee the current doubling rate holds, but the above sequence is the stark reality of exponential growth. We also know for sure, that we haven't tested enough Americans to see where our true starting number is.

The woman at Floyd hospital was sent home the first time without even being tested...she got worse and went back to hospital and they were going to send her home again without being tested...someone stepped in and made them test her. She tested positive. This is what we are being told here in Rome area. Just take it FWIW.

No telling how many people actually have it and just don't know it.

Agree; unless you are over 70 or with a compromised immune system
so it's ok to go about our lives and continue spreading the disease as long as we aren't in chemo or 70+?

F them, as long as we young folks know we will be fine

I may be ridiculous but I feel like we should all protect those that are most vulnerable to this.

assuming you are between 20-40 years old, an age bracket with a high mortality rate during the Spanish Influenza outbreak, I'm sure you'd have been fine if 50 year old healthy people were out living their lives, spreading the disease, etc. It wouldn't have impacted their lives as much as yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: so_comfort1
The woman at Floyd hospital was sent home the first time without even being tested...she got worse and went back to hospital and they were going to send her home again without being tested...someone stepped in and made them test her. She tested positive. This is what we are being told here in Rome area. Just take it FWIW.

reminds me of the story from Texas where I believe someone from Wuhan was quarantined after arriving at the airport then released from quarantine after never showing signs of symptoms, only to test positive soon thereafter

Yep. There is a very cavalier attitude among a large segment of the US population about COVID-19 and the risks inherent in a global outbreak. You can see that attitude in this very thread. Unfortunately, it is even shared by some medical professionals.

With that being said, it's also possible that the medical staff did want to test that individual but were handcuffed by the strict guidelines in place from the CDC about who could be tested and who couldn't. Prior to 03/04/2020, persons under suspicion of infection had to have a travel history or contact with someone with a travel history in order to be tested for COVID-19. Those restrictions were lifted on 03/04, but now the bottleneck is the lack of available testing kits.

Either way, it's more than reasonable to believe there are an untold number of un-diagnosed cases in communities all across America silently spreading as we speak.

I am not downplaying the situation. I am attempting to gather best information and describe it accurately, due to responsibilities I have in private business, government, and husband/father.

In my home are multiple children and an elder who is approaching 70 with an underlying health condition, so this is not an academic exercise in our house specifically because of the elder who lives here. As the person most likely to be affected by the virus (although still quite unlikely), it seems to be her primary concern to protect herself from exposures that she deems dangerous (and she has a PhD and is no dummy). She is not overly concerned but is taking reasonable precautions. She certainly does not believe society should engage in draconian measures for protection she can provide to herself.
That goes to a key point: the first thing we need to do is stay calm. It has a tangible value. Of course any person supports educating the public about sanitation practices, and that is not the issue. The concern is sensationalism and over-responding (a reasonable question raised by the BBC in two separate academic pieces in the last 3 days). I do not blame you or anyone else for looking at the headlines and getting scared for older relatives or friends.

That being said, I would respond to what you are saying with a challenge: Should we shut down most functioning elements of society, put the economy into recession, cause job losses, stop educating people, and lock people in their homes for weeks on end (what China has done)? For a death rate that is becoming widely acknowledged to be substantially lower than initial estimates and is literally skipping broad swathes of the population?

Today the first person died in the UK. This has prompted the now-predictable stories of "crisis has come to our shores". There is alarm that no one knows how she got it. What is possibly missed is that... no one knows how she got it. Which means it is probably passing through the population there undetected (which is exactly the point the Imperial College is making that the death rates probably be inflated).

How did they find this woman had COVID-19? By testing *all* patients with a respiratory infection to see if it was COVID-19.

How many others like that are there? What if this is passing through many thousands more people in the population of all countries, undetected (a thesis put forward by the Imperial College days ago)? That would actually be a comforting fact because it would show that COVID-19 does not cause mass fatalities.

As a point of comparison, the death rate for SARS was 10%. The death rate for MERS was 34% (both SARS and MERS are "cousin viruses" to COVID-19). The worst possible death rate published for COVID-19 is 4% and that is almost certainly far overinflated. Imperial College *indicates* more like 0.5%, which is still 5 times more deadly than the flu (especially with the elderly) but 8 times less deadly than the 4% figure floating around the last two days.

IMO, we need to be segregating senior facilities, having workers and families who visit screened, and seniors who live in the general population need to take measures to separate themselves until the danger has passed.

If you find that unfair, how much more unfair is it to subject *everyone* to those restrictions when the disease does not affect the vast majority of our population? Read what they did in Wuhan province in China (where some families are *still* locked in their homes as virtual prisoners) to see if you think that is what we ought to do if more limited measures will provide equal (or greater) outcomes.
We are worried, definitely more than most. My daughter, now 8, was born with immune system issues. Her immune system lets most things in and her lymph nodes do a very poor job of killing it. She gets everything. 60 doctor/hospital visits including 3 lymph node surgeries later, she seems to have outgrown a lot of it, but I am still greatly concerned. Example, who gets Scarlet fever anymore? She’s had it three times. I know the chances are slim she gets it, but, ......,we are concerned.

so it's ok to go about our lives and continue spreading the disease as long as we aren't in chemo or 70+?

F them, as long as we young folks know we will be fine

I may be ridiculous but I feel like we should all protect those that are most vulnerable to this.

assuming you are between 20-40 years old, an age bracket with a high mortality rate during the Spanish Influenza outbreak, I'm sure you'd have been fine if 50 year old healthy people were out living their lives, spreading the disease, etc. It wouldn't have impacted their lives as much as yours.
Of course, we could all quarantine ourselves in fear and throw the economy into a global depression.

Thank you for the tracker. In looking at that map - the southern hemisphere - where it is summer - seems to be much more contained.

Granted 90% of the population lives in the northern hemisphere (https://sciencing.com/differences-between-northern-southern-hemisphere-8260091.html) so maybe those lower rates are expected.

Either way, a warm early spring/summer could help.

FWIW, the data & statistics from South Korea is the subset most infectious disease quants are monitoring the closest.

We live just outside of NYC. Wife works in finance at one of big 3 US banks. They are taking unprecedented action now, as are most of the large employers here. Canceling all non-essential travel. Splitting 1/2 of their sale & trading businesses & running satellite trading floors.

Schools actively altering their schedules too. Pretty sure schools here (Westchester Co, NY) will close for extended school breaks.

Crazy stuff.

We are worried, definitely more than most. My daughter, now 8, was born with immune system issues. Her immune system lets most things in and her lymph nodes do a very poor job of killing it. She gets everything. 60 doctor/hospital visits including 3 lymph node surgeries later, she seems to have outgrown a lot of it, but I am still greatly concerned. Example, who gets Scarlet fever anymore? She’s had it three times. I know the chances are slim she gets it, but, ......,we are concerned.
This is the type of story that everyone, especially the naysayers, should hear. You are appropriately concerned, and we ALL should share that concern with you.

Yes, for the majority of Americans, the risk of death is very low, but this is one of those times where we have to focus on the needs of the least of us

Matthew 25:40-45 New International Version (NIV)

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

To note: I'm not even religious, but I whole heatedly believe in helping my fellow man. This is one of those times where we all need to be rowing in the same direction.

Of course, we could all quarantine ourselves in fear and throw the economy into a global depression.
I never once said that but you should have some understanding and compassion for the fact that if you get the virus, you may be fine, but your grandparents, your neighbor, your cashier, or your waitress may not be as lucky as you.

hopefully you care about other people more vulnerable than you and I don't believe for a second, you will go out and live life just so the economy can remain healthy.

Reactions: nice marmot
I never once said that but you should have some understanding and compassion for the fact that if you get the virus, you may be fine, but your grandparents, your neighbor, your cashier, or your waitress may not be as lucky as you.

hopefully you care about other people more vulnerable than you and I don't believe for a second, you will go out and live life just so the economy can remain healthy.
Of course I have compassion; but, you cant go underground

Reactions: Pine_Tree1
Here's a good explanation:

Source: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Exponential growth leads to large numbers fast, but most of us do not have a good intuitive grasp of this

As we said previously, the doubling time will change and it would be wrong to make projections based on a constant doubling time. But it is important to remind ourselves of the nature of exponential growth.

If during an outbreak the number of cases is in fact doubling, then the outbreak is spreading exponentially.

Under exponential growth 500 cases grow to more than 1 million cases after 11 doubling times.8 And after 10 more doubling times it would be 1 billion cases.

This is in no way a prediction for the number of cases we need to expect; it is simply a reminder that exponential growth leads to very large numbers very quickly even when starting from a low base.

And it is important to be reminded of the nature of exponential growth because most of us do not grasp exponential growth intuitively. Psychologists find that humans tend to think in linear growth processes (1, 2, 3, 4) even when this is not appropriately describing the reality in front of our eyes. This bias – to “linearize exponential functions when assessing them intuitively” – is referred to as ‘exponential growth bias’.9
Good opportunity to educate the masses on compound interest
This is the type of story that everyone, especially the naysayers, should hear. You are appropriately concerned, and we ALL should share that concern with you.

Yes, for the majority of Americans, the risk of death is very low, but this is one of those times where we have to focus on the needs of the least of us

Matthew 25:40-45 New International Version (NIV)

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

To note: I'm not even religious, but I whole heatedly believe in helping my fellow man. This is one of those times where we all need to be rowing in the same direction.
What sets America apart is the value of the individual. It's unfortunate that has eroded over time to now being about collective factions being more important than the individuals on any issue.

Now satisfactory statistics are more important than the people we know.

Reactions: so_comfort1
Something like 20% of the fatalities are in people over age 70 (or something just like this). If this stuff gets into American hospital, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, many many people will die.

not being dramatic, but it’s easy to laugh off when you’re age 40 and under, because you won’t be dying, just have a little flu like symptoms.
Well, let’s just say that I am well into the vulnerable demographic myself, and I have been party to several conversations that come down to “Well hell, it’s only old folks who have anything to worry about.” Makes you wonder if none of these folks have parents or grandparents. Don’t see why people can’t grasp that,as contagious as this stuff is, the issue is not simply whether an individual patient dies from it, but how many people he infects who might.

And just what protections would those be? It's interesting you keep downplaying the situation yet now say we need to do some undefined nebulous action for a segment of the population.

A lot of people still interact with older family members and a lot of 70+ people still live meaningful lives.

So what's a reasonable action we should take since bringing awareness and educating the public on best practices to minimize the spread are herd mentality?

I think a measured response is in order.
<1 year of age - cautious concern
1 yo to 49 yo - chill, no freak outs, go about business as usual, expect mild symptoms
50-59 yo - nearing that curve, stay vigilant but enjoy life
60-69 yo - avoid unnecessary travel but hang with your close non-traveling buds
70 + - keep your butt in the states for now, if the virus doesn't kill you, medical care in some countries will

Seriously, the govt needs to focus vaccination efforts on the young and over 70 population when it is ready otherwise do not haul your stupid butt off to the Far East or Italy and not expect consequences. And certainly do not come racing home and hug all over Grandma who has been sheltering in place and avoiding Publix and church in an effort to live (some sarcasm, some seriousness in this post)

It's in the general population. How many people actually go to a doctor for a cold? How many go to the ER? Most cases will not be documented. It's not going to be contained. And it's going to be ok.

It seems pretty serious for the elderly and those with serious health issues already. So while my immediate family is going to be okay, I'm sure there are some people who would disagree with that assessment when this is all over.

Travel insurance will not cover it if you simply do not want to go because of a fear of Covid-19. You have to have a documented covered reason to use the insurance. The fear of getting the virus is not a covered reason. The one exception is if someone purchases "Cancel for any reason." In this case the policy usually pays up to 75% of your cost for cancellation.
Thank you for explaining how it works. Don’t travel that much so wasn’t familiar with how it worked.

Reactions: Weplay
COVID-19 is the Typhoid Mary of AIDS. Developed in a biolab, it splices genetic signatures of SARS and HIV into a single entity. Sure, it isn't going to kill many people. But the compromised immunities of billions being HIV positive is a depopulation event, purposely launched.

The Georgia Guidestones have been activated.

Disclaimer: I pulled all that crap outta muh booty.

Reactions: kdsdawg
Yes, especially if you have an agenda and like straw men.

What you meant to say was his post coincides with your pre-conceived notions and assumptions of what is going on even though his post was fact and data free and basically just makes wild assumptions to fit a narrative that for some reason BDDB insists on pushing.
K. Good talk.

I would actually argue that China's success is UN-surprising. A totalitarian regime with a public mindset of promoting the greater good allowed for extraordinary containment measures. Those same measures would never fly in more democratic, freedom-loving populations.

Hence, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Edit to add: Wuhan's population is ~11 million. Basically the same as the state of Georgia. What does everyone think the reaction would be if the CDC tried to impose a military enforced quarantine of the entire state of Georgia? Would it go over well? Would there be a high compliance rate?
I prefer freedom over containment

Over 60? You are supposed to stay home.:eek:

The CDC guidance comes as two top infectious disease experts with ties to the federal government have advised people over 60 and those with underlying health problems to strongly consider avoiding activities that involve large crowds, such as traveling by airplane, going to movie theaters or concerts, attending family events, shopping at crowded malls, and going to religious services.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/health/coronavirus-older-people-social-distancing/index.html

Depends on how old the patient is. Also, this stuff is far more contagious than the flu, so if this diagnosis is correct, there will be others. Just hope he hasn’t visited a nursing home or hospital. Not saying we should panic, but it is not smart simply to blow this off.
Who's "blowing this off"?

What sets America apart is the value of the individual. It's unfortunate that has eroded over time to now being about collective factions being more important than the individuals on any issue.

You need to be told that you are stupid.

Last edited:
And that proves my point. China was able to slow the outbreak using measures that won't fly here.

They have impressed - we will know more in a couple months, but we could be looking at a watershed in terms of a shift in global thought leadership. Notwithstanding that the outbreak originated there, the Chinese response has been swift and effective. If, say, a gator or python disease transferred to Florida Man, we are probably all screwed.

A lot of great straw men in this post
Well then educate me and the rest of us on the flaws in my post. This is not a time for pithy drive-by shots.

As you prepare your torch to burn my straw men to the ground, South Korea just posted newest figures for that country: 6,767 cases, 46 deaths. Death rate of 0.6% (very close to Imperial College estimate I cited in my "straw man" post).

CDC just issued guidance for over 60 with underlying conditions to self-protect (citing how the serious effects of the disease are so heavily weighted toward that one segment of the population). Exactly what the science I cited in my "straw man" post pointed to *days ago*. That it took this long for public health authorities to state it out loud is seriously headscratching.

We are so busy freaking out, being suspicious of one another, playing PR games, chasing illusory targets, or showing incompetence we are missing the most important things we can do to protect the truly vulnerable in this (over 60 with other conditions) and wasting resources that could save lives.

I just saw another so-called news story saying the"very young" are at risk when with over 100,000 known cases there has not been a single fatality in the world in a person under 9 as of last numbers. Will there be? God forbid, but we are deep cleaning schools (the least vulnerable population) while nursing homes and long term care facilities are sitting duck targets with vastly higher risk of fatal infections from a disease that so far is showing mild effects to the vast majority of the population - except over 60 with health conditions.

Focus on the problem, save lives, avoid unnecessary costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: alumuga
all i hear when someone gives that stat is an 8 year old died
There is no credible public health agency reporting any deaths of any children 9 and under. Please cite sourcing if you have it.

Further, Journal of American Medical Association studied first 75,000 cases and found zero fatalities in that age bracket *and* said over 98% of all detected infections are for people age 20 and over.

The weight of known evidence here is *quite clear*. The risk of any serious effects are heavily weighted (almost targeted) to over 60 with health conditions. To the extent COVID-19 presents an immediate threat to lives, that is where protective and treatment resources need to be focused right now.

Mortality rates in a country like South Korea bear watching. Likely more indicative of what will be seen in first world countries
As of this morning, basic fatality rate in South Korea is 0.6%

6,767 cases, 46 deaths.

That does not account for lag time between infection and outcome (2-3 weeks) but also does not account for undetected asymptomatic cases. However comes quite close to the lower range rate Imperial College of London pointed to days ago when they studied the data from the first cruise ship. Also close to the non-Wuhan death rate in China (0.4%).

Below is the graphic provided by Imperial College to describe their findings on reported cases vs. unreported cases - they opined many days ago the largest percentage of actual infections are undetected because they are so mild.

All of this is getting better understood each day. It could take a turn for better or worse *but to this point* the COVID-19 situation is following historical trends - showing higher reported fatality rates in the beginning that further research shows is lower as it progresses.

IMPERIAL%20COLLEGE%20SPECTRUM%20OF%20CASES%2C%20color.jpg

There is no credible public health agency reporting any deaths of any children 9 and under. Please cite sourcing if you have it.

Further, Journal of American Medical Association studied first 75,000 cases and found zero fatalities in that age bracket *and* said over 98% of all detected infections are for people age 20 and over.

The weight of known evidence here is *quite clear*. The risk of any serious effects are heavily weighted (almost targeted) to over 60 with health conditions. To the extent COVID-19 presents an immediate threat to lives, that is where protective and treatment resources need to be focused right now.
what I'm saying is when someone says that no child under the age of 8 has died, that makes me immediately think a 9 year old must have died or why make that under 8 distinction?

I'm not saying that occurred, but when I hear people say that, that is the first thought that pops into my head.

Reactions: BigDaddyDawgBreath
Not scared here. And yes, you went on about herd mentality but you've done that with other topics too.

It's interesting you say we don't need to adopt draconian policies like in China yet end with segregating senior facilities and suggesting that seniors who live in the general population separate themselves until the danger has passed.

Okay, how do you enforce all of that? How long until the danger has passed? Who helps the seniors in the general population tend to their needs while we wait for the danger to pass? These are people who go to the store and do things for themselves who all of a sudden have to self-quarantine.

Sounds like a huge strain on services with a lot of honor system. Still kind of a big deal.

We don't really have time to think about this and get back to the group next year. This is happening in real-time and we don't know enough about it other than it spreads fairly easily.

Stay calm for sure, but I haven't seen anyone freak out here yet so chasing that seems to be a wasted effort. People will start freaking out when deaths, no matter how few in the grand scheme, hit home. That's when people will start to freak out when the situation becomes personal.
You and I share a far more common perspective than some here who are carrying out personal agendas from other situations that are so petty that it is beneath contempt.

I *agree* the only real risk statistically is to older populations. My mother-in-law, whom I love very much, lives in our home and fits the profile of a 6-8% fatality risk if she contracts the disease.

We have several children too. So we sat down, looked at best science, and made a plan. We talked / talk about it openly to minimize risk. Before the CDC finally recommended it we talked about self-protection measures for my mother-in-law.

We also had a child planned for over seas travel that got caught up in this issue, so need for further research.

When I started reading, I did not come away with "hey no big deal". I came away with "hey why are we shutting down schools when this is only a big deal for older people with other conditions".

And that *is* a big deal for someone we both care about.

But when we shut down schools, we cause recession (per economists). People lose their jobs. I saw a market warning last night that businesses should have a "2008 plan ready" with layoffs and cuts ready if this continues.

I employ several people. Would I lay them off to save lives? In a nanosecond.

Do I want to lay them off because we are all bunkered down, schools closed, stopping almost all normal activity like some areas *if there are better ways to accomplish the goal of protecting the truly at-risk*?

Of course. Why wouldn't we all be.

The majority of deaths in the US have been from one nursing home building. Not a single death in the world in a school building. The facts are right there to see.

That nursing home had a reported record of sanitation issues. I doubt it is the only one in America. Yet we are deep cleaning schools when we should be deep cleaning all long term facilities now. Testing workers and all entrants into facilities with the most vulnerable to make sure the virus does not get a foothold there.

Each state has a field medical capacity built into its state departments of defense. Use it to protect the point targets of long term care facilities to prevent Evergreen from happening elsewhere.

But just mindlessly shutting down human interaction and causing unjustified harm only makes it worse. I witnessed a government agency that should have known better do exactly that earlier this week.

If we can address this situation without putting hundreds of thousands out of work (that may br coming say several analysts) or other social dislocations we should do that. In any event we need to focus more now on long term care facilities and older populations in point locations and throughout the community doing what can be done immediately.

Reactions: alumuga
Yes, especially if you have an agenda and like straw men.

What you meant to say was his post coincides with your pre-conceived notions and assumptions of what is going on even though his post was fact and data free and basically just makes wild assumptions to fit a narrative that for some reason BDDB insists on pushing.
Man you come across as having some kind of ax to grind with me.

Funny what you say about "wild assumptions" and "fact-free" posting, as you lecture FedDawg about what he really means (with no facts, in an assumptive manner).

As an aside, my post contained plenty of facts from medical colleges and public outlets. Even had some numbers in there.

But that was there for you to see when you drafted your swipe at me.

My "agenda": to talk about the issue everyone else is talking about. Beyond that, people not unnecessarily dying and people not getting unnecessarily laid off.

If you have ever had to fire someone for any reason, you ought to be able to understand. I will lay off my entire company to save lives, but - no - I ain't for a panic, detached from facts, that causes unnecessary pain for people.

Over 60? You are supposed to stay home.:eek:

The CDC guidance comes as two top infectious disease experts with ties to the federal government have advised people over 60 and those with underlying health problems to strongly consider avoiding activities that involve large crowds, such as traveling by airplane, going to movie theaters or concerts, attending family events, shopping at crowded malls, and going to religious services.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/health/coronavirus-older-people-social-distancing/index.html

At least they finally have said this, but it needs to be all over the news. Is it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT