ADVERTISEMENT

COVID stat of the day....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Gov. Brian Kemp closed schools in Georgia on March 26th.

Active cases in the US on March 26th: 83,146

Active cases in Georgia on August 14th: 189,376

Reactions: celticdawg
No one cares except those who are trying to control everything

200.gif

Reactions: RoyDawgMercer

OK, I'll bite. Your number of current active cases in Georgia as of August 14 isn't correct. As of August 14, there have been a cumulative total of 231K confirmed positive COVID cases in Georgia since the first case was confirmed on February 1. No way that 189k are still "active".

1. Worldometers only shows data when it is reported. Not the date the event occurred. It’s of limited value other than as an aggregator.
2. There is no mechanism to accurately track and remove active cases as they resolve themselves for non hospitalized patients so they just pile up. Anybody not hospitalized is probably clear within 2 to 3 weeks of diagnosis.
3. The rate of testing in March was nowhere near what we’ve been seeing since it ramped up in June so any attempt to compare the actual number of cases during the early period when testing was limited to older patients who were symptomatic to today where the average age has dropped significantly and includes more minor and asymptomatic infections is pointless.
4. There are sites like the one below that do an excellent job of breaking out the numbers to get a more granular depiction of the current status of the state.

https://www.covid-georgia.com/today-in-georgia/cases-testing-graphs/

OK, I'll bite. Your number of current active cases in Georgia as of August 14 isn't correct. As of August 14, there have been a cumulative total of 231K confirmed positive COVID cases in Georgia since the first case was confirmed on February 1. No way that 189k are still "active".
I'll give you that one, though the number is likely at least close to the total number in the US at that time if not more.

Anyway, found out that the US is not very good at keeping up with recoveries. Considering how bad they'd been at everything else concerning the virus, this is not shocking.

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...-them/85-df3c6861-ce92-442b-9607-2ccffbae07dd

Reactions: celticdawg
Give you another one.

We've had 45,543 positve tests in August. That's more than half of the cases we had nationwide when they first closed schools. Either way, makes no sense.

From the Covid-georgia Site. someone who actually interprets data and provides useful info.

Deaths by Age
The DPH site allows you to access the raw data of individual deaths with age, sex, county, and existence of an underlying condition. It can be viewed on the Deaths in Georgia tab on the DPH COVID Status Report. If you are really interested in this data, I recommend downloading the CSV file at the top of the page.

Each Friday, I track the number of cases/hospitalizations/deaths and the CFR over time in a Google sheet here.

Analyzing these deaths has consistently shown that COVID fatalities have disproportionately affected older populations. When I last analyzed the age spread of deaths in Georgia, here are some of the statistics I found:

• 76% of the deaths in Georgia are people 65 or older, while only 14% of Georgia’s population is 65 or older.
  • ~40% of deaths in Georgia are people age 80 and older.
  • About half of the COVID deaths in Georgia come from nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.
  • The average age of COVID fatalities in Georgia is ~74.
  • In Georgia, more people 90 and older have died than 55 and under.
On the other hand, COVID is rarely fatal to younger populations.

• Only about 10% of deaths are those are under 55, and less than 3% are under age 40.
  • 10 deaths have occurred in Georgia under 25 years of age, and at least half had underlying conditions. That’s 0.2% of all COVID deaths in Georgia. The risk is extremely low for this age group.
  • The youngest patient to die with COVID-19 in Georgia was a 7-year-old boy from Chatham County. He had a febrile seizure in the bath tub and drowned. Georgia has seen only one other pediatric death, a 17-year-old boy in Fulton County with comorbidities. No other details about his death are known.

Give you another one.

We've had 45,543 positve tests in August. That's more than half of the cases we had nationwide when they first closed schools. Either way, makes no sense.
We opened back up April 30th. The average number of cases stayed flat for 6 straight weeks. A certain event happened, and fourteen days later the number of cases in ga exploded. The timeline matches up with this. Yet the only talking point is ga opening too early. The chart of cases shows this is exactly what happened and no one wants to say it. We were open for 6 weeks and no explosion of cases. The covid numbers are now trending downward in ga and the US. Most places opened schools about two weeks ago. Should be interesting to see the numbers over the weekend. That is when they spike.

I don’t believe the numbers. But even if accurate, big damn deal. Are you going to insist we close every year when the flu comes around? Or is this just an election thing?

You can look it up. Feel free.

The info is on this page entirely. Have to go down to the graphs of active cases in the US to look up US cases on March 26th.. You can see Georgia's total on the chart.

This shouldn't be shocking if you are shutting off the talking heads and just looking at stats.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Now you do know the death of the motorcycle accident is in your total. The numbers you count on is gathered from media outlets along with different government sources. So you using CNN, MSNBC as you scientist sources along with some government stat. That is where meteroworld.com gets data.

Infections where people recover is a good thing. So just telling me that people are infected is so useless. All anybody should care about is whether our hospitals are getting overrun. The virus will run its course unless we shut ourselves in our houses for a couple of years. But then our economy tanks and people start dying anyway. I’m trying not to get it but I’m also not asinine enough to second guess those who are more cavalier than me.

Samantics. You know damn well what the OP meant. The bottom line reality is more cases. The governor is a fail.

Samantics. You know damn well what the OP meant. The bottom line reality is more cases. The governor is a fail.
It’s spelled semantics, genius. Kemp will never be credited because that requires an honest and neutral media. He’s doing exactly what should be done. What part of the fact that Georgia’s unemployment fund would be broke in 60 days if we stayed locked down do you not understand? Is this the new normal? Are we going to be forced to listen to whiny leftists every flu and cold season?

And our healthcare system is still not overrun. Remember the original cause before politics inserted itself?

Reactions: Deadlyputter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT