ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think OJ was guilty or not guilty…..

Guilty. But my degree of confidence was probably only at 80% upon the verdict announcement. But OJ's behavior since then has raised my confidence to over 90%. E.g., where he subsequently (and stupidly) published the book titled "If I Did It" which is essentially a theoretical confession.

But the glove didn't fit, and the jury did acquit.

of killing Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. With no racial animus, I have always been thoroughly convinced that he was guilty.
Is your question whether I think he was “not guilty” or whether I think he was “innocent” because those are two separate questions.

I don’t have to guess whether he was not guilty. A jury determined he was in fact not guilty.

An easy fix to our system would be to change verdicts to “proven beyond a reasonable doubt” and “not proven beyond a reasonable doubt”.

Is your question whether I think he was “not guilty” or whether I think he was “innocent” because those are two separate questions.

I don’t have to guess whether he was not guilty. A jury determined he was in fact not guilty.

An easy fix to our system would be to change verdicts to “proven beyond a reasonable doubt” and “not proven beyond a reasonable doubt”.
You're such a lawyer, and of course I mean that with all due respect. ;)

Spoken like a true defense attorney.

Rephrase: Do you think he dunnit or nah?

• Haha
Reactions: easychair
I lived with a guy at the time who sat there and watched that trial all day every day and was absolutely convinced that OJ didn’t do it. To this day I don’t understand how he ever believed that. Dude went on to become a Bartow county sheriff’s deputy as well. I have never ever understood how anybody actually thought OJ did not do that.

DNA evidence was relatively new back then. They reported that there was a 1:100 billion chance that it was somebody other than OJ whose blood was on both victims and at the crime scene and in his car. There were only 7 billion people on the planet in the mid 90s. You do the math.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

There are current videos of jurors who are today saying that they knew that he murdered the two but that they pulled a jury nullifcation because of the Rodney King scenario, among other things. So the jurors admit he should have been found guilty, but they nullified the verdict.

of killing Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. With no racial animus, I have always been thoroughly convinced that he was guilty.
Guilty. Verdict was a joke. I lived off Peter street at the time of the verdict and our cable went out about 45 mins before it was delivered. Coincidence?

Leave it up to you lawyers, ha!

There are current videos of jurors who are today saying that they knew that he murdered the two but that they pulled a jury nullifcation because of the Rodney King scenario, among other things. So the jurors admit he should have been found guilty, but they nullified the verdict.
The DA lost this case when he decided to use the venue of downtown LA instead of in the suburbs where OJ lived and “a jury of his peers” could be seated.

Beyond the shadow of any doubt.

Read Christopher Darden’s book. Dream team of lawyers vs ordinary lawyers. Star struck jury that didn’t consider any facts against him because “it’s OJ!” A judge woefully inadequate to handle a case of that magnitude. No doubt he’s guilty and no doubt the jury knew it too, but just refused to convict their hero.

I had a number of folks in my office that were cutting flips when the verdict was announced. Talk to em privately years later and they all smiled, looked down and would say “Yeah he did it…” Others would bring up the fears of the jury, being in LA, were scared of the ramifications if they decided differently.

I have always said the verdict will be different one day when he faces the Ultimate Judge and Jury.

I was out in Los Angeles when the crimes occurred. Nobody out there ever wanted to discuss whether he was guilty or not. And as far as the modern day re-invention of history of this was payback for Rodney King, that’s bullshit. they didn’t give a shit about Rodney King they just wanted to stick it to whitey
in a way karma kind of won out. He still served almost 10 years which is probably more than most murderers in California spend and he was shunned by decent society and his poor little ego didn’t get stroked. There are stories coming out now that US C paid off battered blonde girls during his time there.
As a sidenote a friend of mine used to frequent an Italian restaurant in the Tampa area that OJ discovered and liked to come to. After his third or fourth visit the owner came out and told him he was not welcome there please don’t come back. So for a guy like that to be shunned that was paid back.

The prosecution team botched the case on a million levels, but none more than just over-trying it. By trying to preempt every possible defense, they made it nauseatingly long and invited jurors to be overwhelmed. A case study on how not to try a case.

The jury gets far too much of the blame. The prosecution deserves much more of it.

If one has studied the facts of the case at all, the evidence is as iron clad as any murder case could possibly be. He’s guilty not just beyond any reasonable doubt, but beyond any doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT