ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else hate the sound of people eating?

Pine_Tree1

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2018
I cannot stand it. I need to have some background noise (music, tv, radio) something on if I'm eating food with anyone else.

I hate the sound of people eating so much that I assume (because I'm a psycho) that others also hate it so I get self-conscious about eating noises I make.

Only in a movie theater. It sounds like a herd of cows munching all the popcorn when there is a break in the action.
there was a movie a few years ago called A Quiet Place. literally no talking in the movie except light whispers. you heard every chip bag being opened, every cough, every sip from a straw, every sigh. my last time in a movie theatre lol

I cannot stand it. I need to have some background noise (music, tv, radio) something on if I'm eating food with anyone else.

I hate the sound of people eating so much that I assume (because I'm a psycho) that others also hate it so I get self-conscious about eating noises I make.
Why wife is exactly the same way.

I believe that condition has a name. Too lazy to look it up.

Reactions: aadco
there was a movie a few years ago called A Quiet Place. literally no talking in the movie except light whispers. you heard every chip bag being opened, every cough, every sip from a straw, every sigh. my last time in a movie theatre lol
Hmmm... I will kick the thought down the road. A very famous 20th century artist and composer: John Cage. One of his piano pieces is titled: "4:22". It is exactly 4:22 of no playing .. just sitting there. The music becomes the audience squirming in their chairs; paper; whatever... true.

I believe that condition has a name. Too lazy to look it up.
Misophonia, but that only applies when it causes you to panic or makes it impossible for you to function normally around it. Just pissing you off isn't quite enough.

Developed this when I had mono in high school. The sound of people eating made me nauseous. Thankfully cleared up with the mono.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT