ADVERTISEMENT

Dr Brix stated we could reach 100K > 200K dead EVEN IF we

She drank the potion. Totally unbelievable. I don’t believe anything she says.

100k-200k seems like a high number until you realize we have over 320 million people living in the country legally
Exactly! This is a ratio of 1:3200 or 2:1600. Pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

Those are confirmed cases. The actual number of infected is in the 10s of millions. The reason the confirmed cases are sky rocketing is we are able to test more samples daily. Everyone knew the number of confirmed cases would rise exponentially as we tested more. That number is near useless. And it’s being used to spread fear. We don’t know if the cases are old, resolved, acute, mild, serious?Calculating a mortality rate based on confirmed cases is artificially elevating the mortality rate. Just because the testing numbers are doubling doesn’t indicate anything about the disease spread nor any impact on mortality. 200k aren’t going to die let alone by April’s end.
Hospitals aren’t being overrun. Gov Cuomo got caught yesterday admitting he is sitting on vents because he doesn’t need them. We won’t be choosing who to save in this country. We have capacity beyond capacity.
Those are confirmed cases. The actual number of infected is in the 10s of millions. The reason the confirmed cases are sky rocketing is we are able to test more samples daily. Everyone knew the number of confirmed cases would rise exponentially as we tested more. That number is near useless. And it’s being used to spread fear. We don’t know if the cases are old, resolved, acute, mild, serious?Calculating a mortality rate based on confirmed cases is artificially elevating the mortality rate. Just because the testing numbers are doubling doesn’t indicate anything about the disease spread nor any impact on mortality. 200k aren’t going to die let alone by April’s end.
Hospitals aren’t being overrun. Gov Cuomo got caught yesterday admitting he is sitting on vents because he doesn’t need them. We won’t be choosing who to save in this country. We have capacity beyond capacity.

You could be right and you could be wrong the one thing that is not being discussed is that China has lied to us and most folks believe over 50,000 people have died in our around Wuhan .

It is a high number. These are peoples lives. Not a high percentage - yes, but losing >100K people is a lot.

True, the average death rate in the US is 2.8 million a year.

Again, not true. He said estimates were 100 to 200K but that was just his estimate doomsday prediction. He never said he expects it. He went as far to say hes seen improvement
I’m not trying to argue for the hell of it but facts are important. 100k - 200k is the estimate with our continued efforts. That is not a doomsday guess. Keep your distance and wash hands.

The thing is you have zero idea what they mean. None. I doubt Dr. Brix is putting stuff out there just to scare folks. That would be idiotic as the WH wants to claim success on prior statements v admitting they've been wrong. You're take is meaningless.

I know Government is FOS, that regardless who's in power they're going to put out numbers that make them look good. I think if Trump is unleased he says, GFTO and get back to work, this whole thing is overblown

And he would be wrong once again.
I'm not the guy predicting 100s of thousands of deaths or millions of deaths, I' the guy saying that we've overreacted over 3k deaths and 160 people getting sick in a county of 330million. But I guess its generational, I'm was raised to face the world and always move forward, not to cower in a hole hoping for an event free life. You do the Drama, I'll sit it out, you have enough for the both of us

Reactions: lowcountrydawg
I'm not the guy predicting 100s of thousands of deaths or millions of deaths, I' the guy saying that we've overreacted over 3k deaths and 160 people getting sick in a county of 330million. But I guess its generational, I'm was raised to face the world and always move forward, not to cower in a hole hoping for an event free life. You do the Drama, I'll sit it out, you have enough for the both of us

Just keep creating the world as you see it, even if you have no idea what you are talking about when referring to other people.

I haven't made any predictions - it's very difficult for the experts and they could still be way off as things are fluid. You say we've overreacted - who is we? The President has virtually put a halt to much of the country through the end of April. Is that overreacting? I don't know, but I think his decision on that is reasonable.

So what are you saying you would do if there were no restrictions? Go around and high five every one saying things will just be fine. If the President followed your advice and just removed all restrictions, as I thought you said in the prior post, I don't think it would go over too well right now, and, yes, I think that would be a mistake. That's what I said, but you have gone and created this scenario which has no basis, other than your mind (as you have done before).

Reactions: ugafish
Just keep creating the world as you see it, even if you have no idea what you are talking about when referring to other people.

I haven't made any predictions - it's very difficult for the experts and they could still be way off as things are fluid. You say we've overreacted - who is we? The President has virtually put a halt to much of the country through the end of April. Is that overreacting? I don't know, but I think his decision on that is reasonable.

So what are you saying you would do if there were no restrictions? Go around and high five every one saying things will just be fine. If the President followed your advice and just removed all restrictions, as I thought you said in the prior post, I don't think it would go over too well right now, and, yes, I think that would be a mistake. That's what I said, but you have gone and created this scenario which has no basis, other than your mind (as you have done before).

I think it would be about the same as the others, and we didn't all go into hiding then did we?

At this point I've decided nobody has a damn clue...they're all guessing. Fauci downplayed this virus in the beginning.

Everyone is learning as they go. They'll have a new guess tomorrow. I actually think the constant revisions of their guesses are doing more harm than good. Just say you don't know.

Just stop it hack. You have embarrassed yourself for weeks now, but let me give you a chance to redeem yourself. Did Fauci downplay this once we knew it was human to human?

Exactly, and even though nobody wants their demise accelerated, a good portion of the 100-200K that die with covid 19 present would likely have been in the 2.8 number regardless. At the end of the yr, if we are at 3 mil total deaths and 200K covid 19 deaths, that will tell us one thing. If we are at 2,800,010 total deaths with 200K deaths with covid 19 present, it will tell us a different story.

You have got to be kidding, for your own sake. Just some thousands of old people suffocating to death. Not a big deal at all.

Reactions: celticdawg
Please stay scared as hell but quit trying to scare other people. You continually try to scare the hell out of people and you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about. You send miss information to make your hysteria look normal.

Person 1: It’s 100 degrees. So hot.
Person 2: Stop sayings it’s hot. Fake news! Misinformation!

Bad reporting here. Answer specifically was to a scenario where we carried on business as usual. Measures we have used is projected to cut that rate by at least 7x. Not great by any means but the scare tactics are not healthy for our elderly to worry about like this.

Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, reiterated Monday on CNN that "I don't want to see it, I'd like to avoid it, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 100,000 deaths."

You have got to be kidding, for your own sake. Just some thousands of old people suffocating to death. Not a big deal at all.

There are lot of gruesome ways to die and your favorite POTUS failed to cure them. You are talking about emotions, I'm talking about stats. Everyone wants their loved ones to go peacefully in their sleep but that doesn't matter when you are looking at numbers.

Reactions: SnowSkiDawg
There are lot of gruesome ways to die and your favorite POTUS failed to cure them. You are talking about emotions, I'm talking about stats. Everyone wants their loved ones to go peacefully in their sleep but that doesn't matter when you are looking at numbers.

I am talking about suffocating with no family around them. That’s the reality these people face. Does it make you feel emotional thinking about someone you love dying that way? It should. That’s not how most of these people would have died normally. Stop trying to diminish that.

Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT