ADVERTISEMENT

Final debate prediction....

-lowcountrydawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 20, 2002
charleston sc usa
Biden has some meme-worthy moments, but overall pulls it together from a senile / non-senile standpoint, as he usually does for super important events like this. This will suprise some. He will have dozens of super old guy moments between now and the election, but the debate overall won't be one of them.

The bigger surprise will be Trump. The guy has been painted 5 million times over as an unhinged asshole (some deserved). He will very intentionally dial it way down, knowing that the facts / issues are firmly on his side, and he will rely on his own intelligence / recall, and ability to think on his feet.

The media will be frustrated not because "Biden lost" - they would never admit that unless he truly did some indefensible things. They will be frustrated saying that this was "fake Trump" The "real" Trump is the guy that has been painted 5 million times as an unhinged asshole who says terrible things. His entire solid debate performance will be framed as a "lie."

I don't see the polls moving meaningfully afterwards unless one candidate really eff's up, but I actually do see the chance of Trump getting a material bump simply because he surprises a lot of folks in the fact that he doesn't come off as the guy painted 5 million times over as an unhinged asshole, and watching the media for the last 4 years, it is understandable that a large percentage of the population believes that is all he is capable of. Hence the media frustration.

Biden has some meme-worthy moments, but overall pulls it together from a senile / non-senile standpoint, as he usually does for super important events like this. This will suprise some. He will have dozens of super old guy moments between now and the election, but the debate overall won't be one of them.

The bigger surprise will be Trump. The guy has been painted 5 million times over as an unhinged asshole (some deserved). He will very intentionally dial it way down, knowing that the facts / issues are firmly on his side, and he will rely on his own intelligence / recall, and ability to think on his feet.

The media will be frustrated not because "Biden lost" - they would never admit that unless he truly did some indefensible things. They will be frustrated saying that this was "fake Trump" The "real" Trump is the guy that has been painted 5 million times as an unhinged asshole who says terrible things. His entire solid debate performance will be framed as a "lie."

I don't see the polls moving meaningfully afterwards unless one candidate really eff's up, but I actually do see the chance of Trump getting a material bump simply because he surprises a lot of folks in the fact that he doesn't come off as the guy painted 5 million times over as an unhinged asshole, and watching the media for the last 4 years, it is understandable that a large percentage of the population believes that is all he is capable of. Hence the media frustration.
"painted...as" is pretty funny in this context.

some deserved, because, yes, it's what he is.

It's what people in New York thought of him back when he was a Democrat
etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: willdup
JB should open with this move. Then sniff his hair.
BB1ogGG8.img

I think Biden “wins” the debate by a healthy margin.

Winning is measured by ability to process a specific question, answer relevantly, field a follow-up and answer relevantly, and do it in a specified time frame.

I think no audience actually helps Trump as it may help him curb his typical instinct to be outrageous to play to the crowd. I do think he is going to be highly bothered by some of the questions and Biden is going to try and get him going.

Both candidates should be measured on substance, demeanor and mastery of the relevant facts.

Winning is measured by ability to process a specific question, answer relevantly, field a follow-up and answer relevantly, and do it in a specified time frame.

I think no audience actually helps Trump as it may help him curb his typical instinct to be outrageous to play to the crowd. I do think he is going to be highly bothered by some of the questions and Biden is going to try and get him going.

Both candidates should be measured on substance, demeanor and mastery of the relevant facts.
Agree on the last point

I think the one who wins would be the one who is able to articulate their policies and plans well enough to move the independent undecided voters. What we think doesn’t mean crap. I think they need to speak to them and not the voters who have already made a decision. I am interested to see who appeals to those people.
Sorry Will I did not mean to reply specifically to you. My mistake.

Last edited:

I would add….record matters. Mastery of bullshit that attempts to defend a shitty record doesn’t count. Winning ultimately will be measured by how the needle moves post debate wirh voters.

You may be right, but history shows that DT has zero self control. It’s far more likely that he will melt down. Sadly, juvenile, ignorant behavior appeals to his sycophants. Trump could shit his pants and eat it tomorrow night and the posts here would be about how the CIA poisoned him and Biden was a robot.

You may be right, but history shows that DT has zero self control. It’s far more likely that he will melt down. Sadly, juvenile, ignorant behavior appeals to his sycophants. Trump could shit his pants and eat it tomorrow night and the posts here would be about how the CIA poisoned him and Biden was a robot.
That’s because the majority of the citizens are tired of this captured media crap. The White House/CNN has already written their story of dementias performance; just waiting to hit publish in 24 hours or so.

Even if the orange monster does better in the debate show, the USG owned corporate media won’t report it as such. However, fewer citizens are blind to all the lies than in the past.

That’s because the majority of the citizens are tired of this captured media crap. The White House/CNN has already written their story of dementias performance; just waiting to hit publish in 24 hours or so.

Even if the orange monster does better in the debate show, the USG owned corporate media won’t report it as such. However, fewer citizens are blind to all the lies than in the past.
I think you underestimate him. Dude is gonna tone it down significantly. And it is going to frustrate the media - effectively reporting that he was faking. That’s not the real Trump!

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
But Joe is way more likey to actually shit his pants.

Fox has massive reach and Sinclair Media is by far the largest owner of local stations and as such they control a huge swath of local news. Like Fox, they don’t really hide their agenda and it’s well coordinated across stations.

Fox has massive reach and Sinclair Media is by far the largest owner of local stations and as such they control a huge swath of local news. Like Fox, they don’t really hide their agenda and it’s well coordinated across stations.

Good thing about a debate or any actual live interview is that folks will tune in and decide for themselves. If the media is dishonest it will work against them. People are smarter than media gives them credit

well.. Biden does that everyday.
Biden will likely shit his pants during the debate. He will be packing some depends so he will be fine. Biden will be hopped up on a great drug cocktail. He is very good in a debate. Always has been. Going back to wiping the floor with Paul Ryan. His debate on the floor about the 94 crime bill caused a major overreaction. If they stay away from numbers he will be fine. It is abstract off the cuff thinking that is his biggest issue.

Trump will for sure be low key imo. I think he should avoid name calling and election denial. The problem here is Trump will be debating four people. Biden, the two moderators, and the guy who will cut off his microphone. Another circus.

Biden will lie 30-40 times. The night of and Friday the msm will cradle his balls, and keep him away from harm. Then the fact checkers will come out. If it is anything but softball vs curveball I will be shocked. Gotcha questions for one side. Flavored ice cream from the other.

Biden will likely shit his pants during the debate. He will be packing some depends so he will be fine. Biden will be hopped up on a great drug cocktail. He is very good in a debate. Always has been. Going back to wiping the floor with Paul Ryan. His debate on the floor about the 94 crime bill caused a major overreaction. If they stay away from numbers he will be fine. It is abstract off the cuff thinking that is his biggest issue.

Trump will for sure be low key imo. I think he should avoid name calling and election denial. The problem here is Trump will be debating four people. Biden, the two moderators, and the guy who will cut off his microphone. Another circus.

Biden will lie 30-40 times. The night of and Friday the msm will cradle his balls, and keep him away from harm. Then the fact checkers will come out. If it is anything but softball vs curveball I will be shocked. Gotcha questions for one side. Flavored ice cream from the other.
I don't care what the media (CNN) or campaigns say. There is no doubt Biden's team/handlers know the questions ahead of time.

I'm most curious about @willdup 's long-term & continuous, serious doubt about Trump's actual participation in this debate tomorrow...and his subsequent insinuation that he'll show clear indications of mental incapacity, similar (or worse) to what has been widely covered re: Biden.

Sir, I appreciate your respectful opinion on many matters. But, this now seems more likely to be projection than reality (on both matters).

I guess tomorrow will tell.

sounds rigged to me.

Huff post. LMBO. Yet you think Fox and the Gateway pundit are right wing nut jobs. Only a dimocrat could be this unaware.

Last edited:
sounds rigged to me.
Let’s see what happens. Mitchell you don’t think this is somewhat rigged. I think trump is stupid to agree to it, but the crazy ass rules were all from the Biden camp. No standing. Mics being cut off. Who are the moderators again? Tell me what fact I am twisting. This has proven to be the one event Biden exceeds expectations in his fifty year career. Everything else by all accounts, he has been terrible. Even Obama said the same about cleaning up after uncle Joe. I am glad they are doing this. If Biden shows just well enough, the left will keep him as the candidate. Big mike is looming. Big mike would win going away.

I know the last two debates they had were nearly unwatchable, but this isn’t a debate. I will watch to see what happens, and to see if Biden is pressed at all. I already know Trump will be. You can at least admit that too. If Biden is pressed just as hard as Trump. Gotcha questions. Questions made to make Biden look bad, I will come eat crow brother. If we made a bet on this, you would ask for points for sure.

Last edited:
Let’s see what happens. Mitchell you don’t think this is somewhat rigged. I think trump is stupid to agree to it, but the crazy ass rules were all from the Biden camp. No standing. Mics being cut off. Who are the moderators again? Tell me what fact I am twisting. This has proven to be the one event Biden exceeds expectations in his fifty year career. Everything else by all accounts, he has been terrible. Even Obama said the same about cleaning up after uncle Joe. I am glad they are doing this. If Biden shows just well enough, the left will keep him as the candidate. Big mike is looming. Big mike would win going away.

I know the last two debates they had were nearly unwatchable, but this isn’t a debate. I will watch to see what happens, and to see if Biden is pressed at all. I already know Trump will be. You can at least admit that too. If Biden is pressed just as hard as Trump. Gotcha questions. Questions made to make Biden look bad, I will come eat crow brother.
I will watch before I place any judgement. Love ya Zing, but this MAGA talking point about everything under the sun being "rigged" is REALLY getting old. Just like everything else (elections, debates, ..ect), it's declared rigged before it even happens. And in MAGA world Trump does well, then it was not rigged.
We will see. As I have said before, I think all of us will be sad afterwards that these are our two choices.
Anyway, it's all good Zing. Got an early tee time today. It should be too hot to play, but you know how that goes!
Have a good one!

I really don't expect much debate. More like a series of campaign speeches and talking points. Lots of gaslighting from Biden. Lots of "I've done more than anyone in history " etc

Reactions: poochpup
I'm most curious about @willdup 's long-term & continuous, serious doubt about Trump's actual participation in this debate tomorrow...and his subsequent insinuation that he'll show clear indications of mental incapacity, similar (or worse) to what has been widely covered re: Biden.

Sir, I appreciate your respectful opinion on many matters. But, this now seems more likely to be projection than reality (on both matters).

It’s wild to me how low Trump has managed to make the expectations for his performance and behavior. He says things at nearly every rally now that would lead to serious questions about anybody else’s mental state, but for Trump is just SOP.

But his history of outrageous statements is hiding the fact that he has seriously deteriorated over the last few years. So tonight, with no teleprompters and no adoring crowd to laugh through nonsensical statements, we can see if I’m right or wrong.

I know the last two debates they had were nearly unwatchable, but this isn’t a debate. I will watch to see what happens, and to see if Biden is pressed at all. I already know Trump will be. You can at least admit that too. If Biden is pressed just as hard as Trump. Gotcha questions. Questions made to make Biden look bad, I will come eat crow brother. If we made a bet on this, you would ask for points for sure.
Trump let Joe set the rules for the debate. That’s entirely on Trump and his campaign.

Biden is known for performing well in debates. There are plenty of conservatives out there saying that right now as they desperately try to manage expectations for a debate that they’ve been telling us involves an opponent who can’t remember his own name or where he is.

And Zinger, do you really think they have Michelle Obama, who has never run much less won a campaign, waiting in the wings if Joe falters? Hopefully you are joking.

If Xiden gets any gotcha questions it will be at the bidding if the DNC and Obama. Would pave the way for Joe's exit and Big Mike to step in.

Reactions: zingerdawg
I will watch before I place any judgement. Love ya Zing, but this MAGA talking point about everything under the sun being "rigged" is REALLY getting old. Just like everything else (elections, debates, ..ect), it's declared rigged before it even happens. And in MAGA world Trump does well, then it was not rigged.
We will see. As I have said before, I think all of us will be sad afterwards that these are our two choices.
Anyway, it's all good Zing. Got an early tee time today. It should be too hot to play, but you know how that goes!
Have a good one!
So, let's see. We have one moderator that has repeatedly compared Trump to Hitler on air. The other moderator took a statement about Jews voting for Dems hating Israel because Israel would be destroyed and compared Trump to Hitler and somehow decided that was antisemitic trope.

So, if you believe Trump is comparable to Hitler, how in the hell do you treat him impartially. Also, if you are giving opinions of this nature on air, you are a commentator, not a journalist. Additionally, Trump is on a network that knowingly advanced false news stories on a nightly basis for yrs as well as gave 2 know liars with the highest level security clearances a platform to misinform the public about operation crossfire hurricane in a purely partisan manner. It's also the same network that had an employee supply the Clinton campaign with the questions that would be asked in the debate. How could anyone think they may not be planning on conducting an impartial debate?

Now, Trump has agreed to walk into this minefield and I think everyone would agree that Biden wouldn't head over to Newsmax and participate under the same rules with journotators that have repeatedly called him a criminal. I don't think you have to be "MAGA" to admit than CNN is definitely a home field advantage for Dems.

Last edited:

probably getting paid by the post, just "trying" to do his/her job. thinking he/she needs to give some of that money back.

Have a good one!
I will watch too. It is tiresome to bring up. Not sure why he committed to do this with rules like they are.

Like dirty said, you think Biden would let Trump make the rules for a newsmax held debate. Or let it be moderated by Gutfeld and Jesse waters. I said it was stupid. I believe trump’s team thinks they can get Joe to wig out. I am not sure this helps them as much as they think.

It’s wild to me how low Trump has managed to make the expectations for his performance and behavior. He says things at nearly every rally now that would lead to serious questions about anybody else’s mental state, but for Trump is just SOP.

But his history of outrageous statements is hiding the fact that he has seriously deteriorated over the last few years. So tonight, with no teleprompters and no adoring crowd to laugh through nonsensical statements, we can see if I’m right or wrong.

Trump let Joe set the rules for the debate. That’s entirely on Trump and his campaign.

Biden is known for performing well in debates. There are plenty of conservatives out there saying that right now as they desperately try to manage expectations for a debate that they’ve been telling us involves an opponent who can’t remember his own name or where he is.

And Zinger, do you really think they have Michelle Obama, who has never run much less won a campaign, waiting in the wings if Joe falters? Hopefully you are joking.
I said in my post how stupid it was for Trump to agree to this. This isn’t trickery. They didn’t pull one over on Trump. He agreed to all of it. Basically the flip side of a debate moderated by Tucker Carlson and Gutfeld.

It has been long rumored that big mike would be the first person asked even over newsome if Joe bows out. Not sure she wants the job, but you can’t tell me you haven’t heard this either. By the way, I will say again, if big Mike does run he/she will win by a lot imo.

Trump hasn’t managed to make his expectations low. I have just seen this movie before. He isn’t a politician. His flaws come thru in a debate. The reasons why I don’t like him are in display. His mouth is to apt to get him into trouble. If he lays back, let’s Joe do more of the talking we may have something. But that just wouldn’t be Trump. The low hurdle is Biden. Just be coherent. For one of the best political debaters in my lifetime.

So, let's see. We have one moderator that has repeatedly compared Trump to Hitler on air. The other moderator took a statement about Jews voting for Dems hating Israel because Israel would be destroyed and compared Trump to Hitler and somehow decided that was antisemitic trope.

So, if you believe Trump is comparable to Hitler, how in the hell do you treat him impartially. Also, if you are giving opinions of this nature on air, you are a commentator, not a journalist. Additionally, Trump is on a network that knowingly advanced false news stories on a nightly basis for yrs as well as gave 2 know liars with the highest level security clearances a platform to misinform the public about operation crossfire hurricane in a purely partisan manner. It's also the same network that had an employee supply the Clinton campaign with the questions that would be asked in the debate. How could anyone think they may not be planning on conducting an impartial debate?

Now, Trump has agreed to walk into this minefield and I think everyone would agree that Biden wouldn't head over to Newsmax and participate under the same rules with journotators that have repeatedly called him a criminal. I don't think you have to be "MAGA" to admit than CNN is definitely a home field advantage for Dems.
thinks the outcome will not matter at all, most all have felt the hurt these past 3 1/2 years and will vote accordingly. nothing like reality and living through it.......figures/facts don't lie.

I will watch too. It is tiresome to bring up. Not sure why he committed to do this with rules like they are.

Like dirty said, you think Biden would let Trump make the rules for a newsmax held debate. Or let it be moderated by Gutfeld and Jesse waters. I said it was stupid. I believe trump’s team thinks they can get Joe to wig out. I am not sure this helps them as much as they think.
Trump is doing it because he loves ratings. He will be able to point and say "CNN had their best ratings because of me." Ratings don't equal votes though.

Trump's team is full of yes men who won't push back on him; he makes all the decisions. I think this will be a snooze-fest or bad for trump. I don't see how he comes out looking good here. But I have been wrong before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT