ADVERTISEMENT

Graduation fraud in GA and US

Fixed it for you.

Wife is a teacher and I have four kids ranging from Elementary, to Middle School and High School.
Correct. An AP track, and a McDonald’s track when my kids were in school

Had an 8th grade public school teacher tell me he taught four academic classes of 25 kids.

Since the pandemic he says in two classes, 50 kids will make zero because they won't even turn in a test.

In a third class half will flunk and half will pass. His last class, all 25 will pass.

He gave any kid who turned in a blank paper with their name on it 50 points to start, so all they needed to pass was 20 more points.

And they still refused to even turn in the paper.

However, he is absolutely required to pass all 100 kids.

So getting off the bus in the 9th grade are 66% of the kids who have done absolutely nothing academically their 7th and 8th grade year. Nothing.

Now in high school they have to pass at least 23 credits, including four hours in English, Math, Science and Social Studies and 3 in foreign language etc plus 4 electives.

Seriously? After doing absolutely nothing in middle school?

There's no attendance requirement anymore (used to be if you missed 6 days, you had to go to summer school).

Amazingly, the high school (as all in Georgia) has a graduation rate of almost 90%.

And that's what public schools are judged on (graduation rates).

Tell me there's no graduation fraud in Georgia (and in the US).

It's an absolute joke.
I live in Macon. There's no way I would send mine to public school to learn how to be a eff-up. Private schools here are great primarily because the publics are so bad. Kind of like Macon in general. It's way better if you know your spots.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I was thinking this same thing. My son was learning stuff and doing work in 7-8th grade that I didn't touch until 11-12th grade and I was top 3% of high school class and honors program at UGA. He is advancing so much faster than I did. The opportunity is there for those that grab it and have parental support etc. The disparity and gap between the top and the bottom will only continue to grow.
I agree wholeheartedly! My son and his wife made sure they had that opportunity. My grandson is now a Doctor and my granddaughter is a speech therapist and it all goes back to paying attention to the fact that you can get a great education if you apply yourself.

Had an 8th grade public school teacher tell me he taught four academic classes of 25 kids.

Since the pandemic he says in two classes, 50 kids will make zero because they won't even turn in a test.

In a third class half will flunk and half will pass. His last class, all 25 will pass.

He gave any kid who turned in a blank paper with their name on it 50 points to start, so all they needed to pass was 20 more points.

And they still refused to even turn in the paper.

However, he is absolutely required to pass all 100 kids.

So getting off the bus in the 9th grade are 66% of the kids who have done absolutely nothing academically their 7th and 8th grade year. Nothing.

Now in high school they have to pass at least 23 credits, including four hours in English, Math, Science and Social Studies and 3 in foreign language etc plus 4 electives.

Seriously? After doing absolutely nothing in middle school?

There's no attendance requirement anymore (used to be if you missed 6 days, you had to go to summer school).

Amazingly, the high school (as all in Georgia) has a graduation rate of almost 90%.

And that's what public schools are judged on (graduation rates).

Tell me there's no graduation fraud in Georgia (and in the US).

It's an absolute joke.
And there is the answer to why we have so many ignorant people that feel their country will take care of them. But, we can because we are taking care of illegal aliens. 😵‍💫🤬

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Our educational system is an industrial one created 100 some odd years ago meant to prepare kids to go work on factory lines, in mines and in mills. Imagine only using technology that existed 100 years ago today and refusing to modernize. That is what we are doing in our educational system. Until the system modernizes it will continue to grow more backwards as we advance as a society.
Are you suggesting we’re actually advancing as a society?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT