ADVERTISEMENT

How does one get rid of a nasal drip ...

ArchDawg

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2001
Been two weeks and it has stopped temporarily but not for good. Every time I stop taking mucinix or go out and have a beer or two it starts again. Driving me nuts.

Any ideas? I bought a humidifier and everything.... :(

Try these:
original.jpg

I feel you Arch. I've had one for a couple weeks and my wife has been sick for about a month.
I had it last month, lasted two weeks. Moved into upper respiratory. I had some antibiotics andthat seemed to take care of it. Not to be gross, but if you start hacking up stuff with color, probably should go see the doc or theWahlgreens nurse. Hope youboth get better.

I had it last month, lasted two weeks. Moved into upper respiratory. I had some antibiotics andthat seemed to take care of it. Not to be gross, but if you start hacking up stuff with color, probably should go see the doc or theWahlgreens nurse. Hope youboth get better.
It hasn't been that bad thankfully. It's just been consistently annoying enough to ruin your day

Yeah, it's interfering with my sleep which is frustrating.

Been two weeks and it has stopped temporarily but not for good. Every time I stop taking mucinix or go out and have a beer or two it starts again. Driving me nuts.

Steroid nasal spray. OTC Fluticasone. Works great for me.

Reactions: ArchDawg
I am getting over a virus. It started off with a massive fever and sore throat with achiness. About 3 days later I started coughing; then after a week it went to head sinus. I started hitting the saline rinse yesterday and it's gotten a lot better. The cold/viruses going around this winter seem to be lingering with people for several weeks. I had something last year that was similar - after 2 weeks and swollen eye - went to the doc. They told me it was viral and tough it out. Docs are not very quick to prescribe antibiotics these days.

Neti pot saline rinse through both nostrils morning and night. Besides Fluticasone and Astelin sprays, neti pot has changed my life as an extreme allergy sufferer. Also, put dust mite covers on your mattress and box springs if you are allergic to dust mites. Neti pot also has a secondary effect...regular use makes it very hard to catch a cold. — HD

Neti pot saline rinse through both nostrils morning and night. Besides Fluticasone and Astelin sprays, neti pot has changed my life as an extreme allergy sufferer. Also, put dust mite covers on your mattress and box springs if you are allergic to dust mites. Neti pot also has a secondary effect...regular use makes it very hard to catch a cold. — HD
You can get a neti pot at CVS or Walgreens for about $10. — HD

if not already, try taking supplements like Emergen - C Immune plus w vitamin D and or airborne (something better than nothing)...sometimes it just takes time and/or running its course. good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT