ADVERTISEMENT

How much longer do we allow the government

I meant the US will hit 20,000 total deaths on about April 10th. As far as bets, internet bets are stupid, but feel free to ridicule me if I'm way off.

Here's the current status:

Screenshot-20200405-083752-Chrome.jpg
Thankfully, you will be proven wrong. We're just north of 16,000 this afternoon. Mind you, we know that many deaths reported as COVID-19 deaths are not really COVID-19 deaths. But, I'm going to ignore that fact because even if I grant you the faux deaths, we still won't hit 20,000 tomorrow. Which raises an interesting conundrum. We've badly damaged and/or ruined the lives of millions. What do you think those people will do when everyone recognizes what I recognized early on - that we shut down the world's greatest economy upon a false premise? There may be social unrest over this.

Do dictate our every move? When will we say enough is enough and go about life? We have turned into to subjects and not citizens. The government is literally telling when and where we can go, what we can do, what businesses can thrive, which can fail. All while throwing the majority a little bone to keep them from mutiny. This is one of saddest chapters in history. The state of Kentucky has told me as a nonresident I cannot come to my farm I have paid in full, pay taxes on, worked my ass off to improve. Stop me.
I predict by the Fourth of July we are gonna say screw it and act like Americans.
Welcome to Der Fuhrer's government.

To date 14800 deaths and 16.6 million unemployed. Draw your own conclusions.
Of those 14,800 deaths, probably 85.99% were already dying of one of the causes listed below:
  • Heart disease: 647,457.
  • Cancer: 599,108.
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936.
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383.
  • Alzheimer's disease:
Liberals trying to inflate the numbers to hurt Trump from winning in landslide this November! Go Dogs!
200316022934-02-coronavirus-us-closures-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Of those 14,800 deaths, probably 85.99% were already dying of one of the causes listed below:
  • Heart disease: 647,457.
  • Cancer: 599,108.
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936.
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383.
  • Alzheimer's disease:
Liberals trying to inflate the numbers to hurt Trump from winning in landslide this November! Go Dogs!
200316022934-02-coronavirus-us-closures-exlarge-169.jpg
Yes! Trump wins in a landslide! And yes to GO DAWGS!!

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
Thankfully, you will be proven wrong. We're just north of 16,000 this afternoon. Mind you, we know that many deaths reported as COVID-19 deaths are not really COVID-19 deaths. But, I'm going to ignore that fact because even if I grant you the faux deaths, we still won't hit 20,000 tomorrow. Which raises an interesting conundrum. We've badly damaged and/or ruined the lives of millions. What do you think those people will do when everyone recognizes what I recognized early on - that we shut down the world's greatest economy upon a false premise? There may be social unrest over this.
For the record, I said about April 10th. Which it looks like it will actually happen on the 11th instead. I was off by one day.

In other news, I lost my job on Wednesday due to COVID-19 shutdowns. I'm one of the millions affected. We're still doing the right thing.

Reactions: brimur
If I have to choose between a saving a life and some money, give me some life.
You have oversimplified the big picture. If the economy fails we all may die from starvation, disease, hospital overcrowding. There would be no where near the resources to correct that problem if the economy tanks. We are walking a fine line, and thank God we have a President that understands how the economy works.

You have oversimplified the big picture. If the economy fails we all may die from starvation, disease, hospital overcrowding. There would be no where near the resources to correct that problem if the economy tanks. We are walking a fine line, and thank God we have a President that understands how the economy works.

The feds have the ability to bail everyone out. They just choose not to do so. Thankfully trump has resisted his greedy impulses so far. How much patience does he have? Hopefully more than some of y’all. Even if he doesn’t, it’s not like he can force states to do what he wants. He has chosen to remove himself from leading, putting that on the governors instead. How is that for leading? Pathetic.

Reactions: celticdawg
The feds have the ability to bail everyone out. They just choose not to do so. Thankfully trump has resisted his greedy impulses so far. How much patience does he have? Hopefully more than some of y’all. Even if he doesn’t, it’s not like he can force states to do what he wants. He has chosen to remove himself from leading, putting that on the governors instead. How is that for leading? Pathetic.
He did the constitutionally correct thing and let the states set their own official rules/guidelines. That is how it is supposed to work, although I think many if not most of the states are infringing on a lot of the Bill of Rights/Amendments. However, Trump didn't infringe.

Last edited:
Reactions: kdsdawg
He did the constitutionally correct thing and let the states set their own official rules/guidelines. That is how it is supposed to work, although I think many if not most of the states are infringing on a lot of the Bill of Rights/Amendments. However, Trump didn't infringe.

In a national crisis like this, the feds need to lead.

It’s not very different than a war overseas: All in it together, against the enemy, being led by the president.

Instead, he says you do it, and if what you do fails, it’s your fault..... If what you do works, give me all the credit.

Reactions: celticdawg
Why is it the governments job to bail everyone out? What about living below your means and not relying on big government ( your master) to prop you up from cradle to grave? Trump has shown great restraint by allowing the states to decide how they should handle the decisions to shut down or keep the economy going. If Trump was to force the states to do his will, he would be called a dictator ( we hate those in free America). Are you waiting for your Payne t from Uncle Sam enter your bank account or through your mailbox? Trump has shown the traits of a true leader no matter how you look at it. Thank God, obama is not in charge of this unprecedented occurrence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT