ADVERTISEMENT

I’m just gonna say this ONE time, so listen...

up and listen good, do NOT bring a freakin gun with you all the way out to California! The last thing we need is to be confused with an Alabama or Tennessee fan. If you at any time feel like you have wandered out of your “Safe zone”, just call me and i will come get you.
What if I’m in Compton? Will you come then?

Compton has been gentrifying. You’ll be OK.
Gentrifying?
7673388.gif

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
Say what you want about Fox News but they have certainly been successful at convincing a bunch of morons that they need to be carrying a gun at all times. I saw one of these mouthbreathers carrying two pistols while fixing themselves a salad at Whole Foods yesterday. I kid you not.

Say what you want about Fox News but they have certainly been successful at convincing a bunch of morons that they need to be carrying a gun at all times. I saw one of these mouthbreathers carrying two pistols while fixing themselves a salad at Whole Foods yesterday. I kid you not.
A Fox News watcher getting a salad at Whole Foods? I'm calling BS

Oh good Lord, calm down dude .... first of all cali is a communist country anyway . I have no interest whatsoever to ever set foot in that godforsaken place LOL
I carry everywhere I go. It's no big deal . I take my gun with me when I travel. Even if it's flying. Not hard to do at all . I just don't go anywhere that won't honor my constitutional right to bear arms or my God give human right to protect myself and those around me
Can you still bring a gun on a plane in this country? I know that you can check a gun with your bags but I wasn’t aware that you could still carry a concealed weapon on a plane. That doesn’t sound very safe to me. All it takes is one crazy ass hole who is upset that he didn’t get the isle seat and you’ve got one hell of a mess.

Oh good Lord, calm down dude .... first of all cali is a communist country anyway . I have no interest whatsoever to ever set foot in that godforsaken place LOL
I carry everywhere I go. It's no big deal . I take my gun with me when I travel. Even if it's flying. Not hard to do at all . I just don't go anywhere that won't honor my constitutional right to bear arms or my God give human right to protect myself and those around me
Can you still bring a gun on a plane in this country? I know that you can check a gun with your bags but I wasn’t aware that you could still carry a concealed weapon on a plane. That doesn’t sound very safe to me. All it takes is one crazy ass hole who is upset that he didn’t get the isle seat and you’ve got one hell of a mess.

No way in he'll you can take one on a plane locally

up and listen good, do NOT bring a freakin gun with you all the way out to California! The last thing we need is to be confused with an Alabama or Tennessee fan. If you at any time feel like you have wandered out of your “Safe zone”, just call me and i will come get you.
I believe you said in a prior post that you were in the Marine Corps for 4 years. Thank you for your service, but with that being said...

Do you not realize that there are literally millions of Americans who carry their firearms with them when they travel?

Do you think that means they are all scared of something, or could it be that they have made a choice to exercise one of their most basic rights afforded to them as citizens of this great country?

What is it about that that has you so riled up you feel it necessary to start a new thread on the topic?

In my humble opinion, you are not doing yourself any favors by continuing to post your opinions on this subject. The content and tone of your posts drips with ignorance and immaturity.

Be better than that.

Reactions: blackout2435
Not that it's worth much, but being a police officer in a metro Atlanta city I'll add my opinion to this.

Nobody is going to protect you, but you. Period.

We will do everything we can to get to you and help when we are called. But from the time you dial 911 to the time we are dispatched, it is approximately 1-2 minutes. Then typically another 5-15 minutes to get there depending on distance and if any units are available.

A lot of bad things can happen to you or your loved ones in 1-15 minutes. It's going to take you a lot longer to pull out your iPhone 7, figure out where you are, and call 911 than it is going to take me to draw my weapon.

I made the decision to start carrying well before I got into law enforcement. There are plenty of average Joe conceal carriers that are proficient with their firearms. As I can also assure you there are some police officers that are not proficient with theirs. But when stuff hits the fan for me on a traffic stop, I'd rather have average Joe there with his/her carry weapon and no training than someone with a cell phone trying to call 911. I would imagine the unarmed victims of some of these horrific mass shootings would feel the same way.

The great thing about this country is we all have the right to choose. You have the right to choose not to carry or defend yourself just as much as someone else has the right to protect themselves and their loved ones. But I will never understand the negative/condescending attitude toward those that choose to carry. It is a tool. To me it's no different than taking my phone and wallet with me when I leave the house.

Buy tickets where you choose your seat ahead of time tough guy. [pulls gun]

Reactions: ghostofpowerdawg
Not that it's worth much, but being a police officer in a metro Atlanta city I'll add my opinion to this.

We will do everything we can to get to you and help when we are called. But from the time you dial 911 to the time we are dispatched, it is approximately 1-2 minutes. Then typically another 5-15 minutes to get there depending on distance and if any units are available.

A lot of bad things can happen to you or your loved ones in 1-15 minutes. It's going to take you a lot longer to pull out your iPhone 7, figure out where you are, and call 911 than it is going to take me to draw my weapon.

I made the decision to start carrying well before I got into law enforcement. There are plenty of average Joe conceal carriers that are proficient with their firearms. As I can also assure you there are some police officers that are not proficient with theirs. But when stuff hits the fan for me on a traffic stop, I'd rather have average Joe there with his/her carry weapon and no training than someone with a cell phone trying to call 911. I would imagine the unarmed victims of some of these horrific mass shootings would feel the same way.

The great thing about this country is we all have the right to choose. You have the right to choose not to carry or defend yourself just as much as someone else has the right to protect themselves and their loved ones. But I will never understand the negative/condescending attitude toward those that choose to carry. It is a tool. To me it's no different than taking my phone and wallet with me when I leave the house.
Sad thing about our right to “carry” is we that we have to pay for it too. 2nd amendment says nothing about me having to pay a fee to carry yet I pay $79.95 every 4 years. Call me cheap, but does that make any sense. Also, never understood why some states allow open carry and not conceal carry when there’s no difference besides your forced to hide a weapon. Why is it even necessary to put a label on it. There should actually be an open carry for all states since it is recognized as our human right to defend ourself. I fully believe in conceal carry, but I’d be willing to give up conceal carry if all states would ever recognize the 2nd amendment and say, “hey you can all have a gun as long as it can be seen.”

LOL did you really think i meant carrying on my person while on a plane ? Come on people . You cant even go thru security check with it on you . Your gun can go whereever you fly in the US in checked in luggage no problem . You have to clarify at check in and it has to be stored a certain way

I would say there are more morons who think its not smart to be prepared for any situation that might arise

dont worry bro. Im one of those who watch out for you when im out and about . Stay safe

Looks like we see eye to eye on the gun topics. See, I’m not a bad guy after all. I still think it’s funny seeing someone go to the deer stand with an AR though lol.
I think its cool as hell and and an amazing weapon if you have a family of hogs come up on you while in the woods

I think its cool as hell and and an amazing weapon if you have a family of hogs come up on you while in the woods
They fun as hell to shoot hogs with. It’s just funny seeing them Rambo’s walking to the deer stand wearing digitech camo, face paint, Bowie knife and AR in hand. I know plenty like that. Only to drag a doe out every time.

I believe you said in a prior post that you were in the Marine Corps for 4 years. Thank you for your service, but with that being said...

Do you not realize that there are literally millions of Americans who carry their firearms with them when they travel?

Do you think that means they are all scared of something, or could it be that they have made a choice to exercise one of their most basic rights afforded to them as citizens of this great country?

What is it about that that has you so riled up you feel it necessary to start a new thread on the topic?

In my humble opinion, you are not doing yourself any favors by continuing to post your opinions on this subject. The content and tone of your posts drips with ignorance and immaturity.

Be better than that.
Do as you please, I just think its comical someone would tote a handgun to a college football game, but hey, if that's your thing, have it.

What if I’m in Compton? Will you come then?
Of course! When I was stationed in Oceanside in the 80's I had some guys in my platoon form South Central and from the Barrios in East L.A, I would go home with them on the weekends, It was fun and interesting times, I was too dumb to be scared back then and I knew no one would give me any flack because I was with a homeboy.

Exactly. I've got no problem at all with carrying but it's beyond stupid when I see some jackass walking around Home Depot with a holster & two guns like he's on his way to the OK Corral. Those guys are usually huge redneck losers.
I stopped in a little mom&pop biscuit shop out on Hwy 115 outside of Dahlonega one morning about a month ago, there were two young guys standing back in the kitchen making bacon, egg and Cheese biscuits, both had 9MM's in a holster strapped on their side, i actually had to do a double take, it was just funny and bizarre at the same time.

The only one I take with me on trips is my RIM-7 Sea Sparrow surface to air missile, other than my Heckler & Koch HK33 or, if my wife is using it that day, my South Korean S&T Daewoo K11. And of course a box of M1 Frangible Incendiary Grenades. Anything more than that is overkill. I'll admit that when I'm sitting in church, I don't have anything other than a Steyr TMP Tactical Machine Pistol. I get along pretty well with the deacons and figure that's all I need.
LMAO!

Do as you please, I just think its comical someone would tote a handgun to a college football game, but hey, if that's your thing, have it.
It’s not about taking a handgun to a “college football game”. It’s about being in a state of preparedness no matter if you are traveling to the gas station down the road from your house at 3am, or to Chattanooga, TN to visit your grandmother or going across the country on a trip to see your alma mater play in the Rose Bowl.

The fact that you can’t seem to grasp that simple concept is the only thing I find comical.

Last edited:
It’s not about taking a handgun to a “college football game”. It’s about being in a state of preparedness no matter if you are traveling to the gas station down the road from your house at 3am, or to Chattanooga, TN to visit for grandmother or going across the country on a trip to see your alma mater play in the Rose Bowl.

The fact that you can’t seem to grasp that simple concept is the only thing I find comical.

I'm sure those folks attending church, going to the movies, or attending class didn't expect it to be their last day on earth. That's the world we live in now.

I'm sure those folks attending church, going to the movies, or attending class didn't expect it to be their last day on earth. That's the world we live in now.
Exactly. Yet, we still have folks like ClassicCityDawg1 that want to belittle people for taking precautions to protect themselves. It's sad when you really think about it.

Last edited:
It’s not about taking a handgun to a “college football game”. It’s about being in a state of preparedness no matter if you are traveling to the gas station down the road from your house at 3am, or to Chattanooga, TN to visit your grandmother or going across the country on a trip to see your alma mater play in the Rose Bowl.

Hey, if you feel unsafe going to a game then by all means, bring your gun!

The Ron Goldman and Nichole Simpson murderer is still on the loose in LA. Everyone needs to be packing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClassicCityDawg1
Of course! When I was stationed in Oceanside in the 80's I had some guys in my platoon form South Central and from the Barrios in East L.A, I would go home with them on the weekends, It was fun and interesting times, I was too dumb to be scared back then and I knew no one would give me any flack because I was with a homeboy.
Did you ever meet Easy E before he died from the Aids?

What a piece of shit! And people wonder why there are record number of educated, responsible, private citizens who are becoming licensed to legally carry.

Hey, ClassicCityDawg1...did you watch that video? Would you have told those people who died that day which were from out of town to leave their guns at home? Surely they wouldn't need it. Right???

Last edited:
Reactions: TaylorDawg03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT