ADVERTISEMENT

I’m just gonna say this ONE time, so listen...

What a piece of shit! And people wonder why there are record number of educated, responsible, private citizens who are becoming licensed to legally carry.

Hey, ClassicCityDawg1...did you watch that video? Would you have told those people who died that day which were from out of town to leave their guns at home? Surely they wouldn't need it. Right???
Well why didnt a Wyatt Earp shoot him? You mean to tell me that no one in that airport was toting??!!

Not that it's worth much, but being a police officer in a metro Atlanta city I'll add my opinion to this.

Nobody is going to protect you, but you. Period.

We will do everything we can to get to you and help when we are called. But from the time you dial 911 to the time we are dispatched, it is approximately 1-2 minutes. Then typically another 5-15 minutes to get there depending on distance and if any units are available.

A lot of bad things can happen to you or your loved ones in 1-15 minutes. It's going to take you a lot longer to pull out your iPhone 7, figure out where you are, and call 911 than it is going to take me to draw my weapon.

I made the decision to start carrying well before I got into law enforcement. There are plenty of average Joe conceal carriers that are proficient with their firearms. As I can also assure you there are some police officers that are not proficient with theirs. But when stuff hits the fan for me on a traffic stop, I'd rather have average Joe there with his/her carry weapon and no training than someone with a cell phone trying to call 911. I would imagine the unarmed victims of some of these horrific mass shootings would feel the same way.

The great thing about this country is we all have the right to choose. You have the right to choose not to carry or defend yourself just as much as someone else has the right to protect themselves and their loved ones. But I will never understand the negative/condescending attitude toward those that choose to carry. It is a tool. To me it's no different than taking my phone and wallet with me when I leave the house.
I have no problem with people choosing to carry either, but you being in law enforcement, you know all too well that the majority of the time those guns end up in the hands of people with bad intent, ot they end up in the hands up a young child who accidentally kills themselves, it happens everyday. Very rarely does a situation arise where having a concealed weapon prevented someone from being robbed and or killed. An active shooter comes in and opens fire with the element of suprise, maybe if you are the lucky one who didn’t get shot initially might be able to use your weapon.

Last edited:
I'd have no problem with everybody carrying!...if I thought that everybody was qualified to carry, had some sort of training in the use of firearms, actually knew what would happen when they pulled the trigger.

Dick Metcalf of Guns & Ammo, said it best...of course he got fired for expressing his opinion.

Well why didnt a Wyatt Earp shoot him? You mean to tell me that no one in that airport was toting??!!
To many classiccitydawg1's
To many classiccitydawg1's in there and not any Taylordawg03's around. All you are is a bunch of victims with no weapon . Yeah that's sound logic

Reactions: Bulldawg1971
Nice. Way to make light of a very serious and somber situation.

Congratulations! Not only are you ignorant and immature, you’re also an asshole.

That’s quite the trifecta!
He plays the victim part well . I choose to be a fighter and prepared

I'd have no problem with everybody carrying!...if I thought that everybody was qualified to carry, had some sort of training in the use of firearms, actually knew what would happen when they pulled the trigger.

Dick Metcalf of Guns & Ammo, said it best...of course he got fired for expressing his opinion.
I train at home all the time . I know my weapons , how they feel and respond . I know how many rounds I have at all times and I know if it's chamber loaded also . A person doesn't have to have a formal class to know how to handle a weapon and I always conceal , I don't open carry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT