ADVERTISEMENT

Initial COVID vaccine supply 10% of original government promise

-70 Celsius isn't just an unusual temperature it is nearly impossible to maintain without specialized freezers and dry ice, probably one of the reasons we didn't buy more from Pfizer, it doesn't just have to be transported at that temp it has to be stored at that temp, Moderna's can be transported at a normal freezer temp or slightly lower and stored in a normal medical refrigeration unit, basically the temp of a cold house fridge

I didn't say unusual temperature - I said it was an unusual condition (related to storing the vaccine which you explained perfectly) which they had to deal with.

But I don't know why that would be a reason regarding the purchase of additional vaccine, since they are going through the trouble of setting up the procedures (including the freezers) already. Having more of the Pfizer vaccine would better cover the expense of using the freezers, etc.

Reactions: nice marmot
I didn't say unusual temperature - I said it was an unusual condition (related to storing the vaccine which you explained perfectly) which they had to deal with.

But I don't know why that would be a reason regarding the purchase of additional vaccine, since they are going through the trouble of setting up the procedures (including the freezers) already. Having more of the Pfizer vaccine would better cover the expense of using the freezers, etc.

you go through the trouble and expense for those that need the vaccine the most and can get it quickly, er doctors, nurses, the elderly etc and then you can have the rest stored at a normal medical office, CVS or hospital for distribution to those that want it

Last edited:
Reactions: celticdawg
You mean the vaccine experts mocked him for saying it’be available before years end ? The one they said would be mid 2021 if we’re lucky ?

April: Fauci stated millions of doses could be available by January 2021. Article from April:

Early June: Fauci predicted there could be as many as a couple hundred million doses available by end of year. Article from June:

Rewind to March: Trump predicted the coronavirus would magically go away in April 2020.

April: Fauci stated millions of doses could be available by January 2021. Article from April:

Early June: Fauci predicted there could be as many as a couple hundred million doses available by end of year. Article from June:

Rewind to March: Trump predicted the coronavirus would magically go away in April 2020.
So now you don't like Fauci? I thought he was science guru we must follow. Which Fauci do you like? The one who goes on TV and says something that supports the narrative or the one who say something that doesn't? Biden says he'll do what the science calls for, meaning he'll be changing direction every day based on Fauci's orders. This ought to be interesting.
Trump's comments were hopeful and based on the fact that most viruses don't like heat and usually go away in the summer. But, pick out what you want so you can be critical. I'm sure you love the way Cuomo handled it, because he's a liberal and he wrote a book after the nursing home debacle. Oh and I'm sure you love Gavin Newsome who is destroying California with lockdowns that have not changed the trajectory of the virus compared to the open states. But he's closing churches because they're the real problem.

So now you don't like Fauci? I thought he was science guru we must follow. Which Fauci do you like? The one who goes on TV and says something that supports the narrative or the one who say something that doesn't? Biden says he'll do what the science calls for, meaning he'll be changing direction every day based on Fauci's orders. This ought to be interesting.
Trump's comments were hopeful and based on the fact that most viruses don't like heat and usually go away in the summer. But, pick out what you want so you can be critical. I'm sure you love the way Cuomo handled it, because he's a liberal and he wrote a book after the nursing home debacle. Oh and I'm sure you love Gavin Newsome who is destroying California with lockdowns that have not changed the trajectory of the virus compared to the open states. But he's closing churches because they're the real problem.

The post I quoted claimed that scientists said vaccines wouldn’t be available until mid 2021 if we’re lucky. I posted two articles from the beginning of the pandemic of Fauci predicting vaccines would be released by the end of year.

How did you come to the conclusion that I ‘don’t like Fauci now’, and why did that set you off on a rambling post about governors?

The post I quoted claimed that scientists said vaccines wouldn’t be available until mid 2021 if we’re lucky. I posted two articles from the beginning of the pandemic of Fauci predicting vaccines would be released by the end of year.

How did you come to the conclusion that I ‘don’t like Fauci now’, and why did that set you off on a rambling post about governors?
Your last comment about Trump saying the virus would magically go away made me conclude that you were piling on about Trump's handling of the virus. After reading this thread I just thought that here is one more person going back and cherry picking stories to rewrite history. So, I went on a rant.

By the way, Fauci was predicting that based on Trump's orders to FDA to streamline the approval process.

No they haven’t. None have FDA approval.
Prove your statement with evidence. Where? Pictures? Credible reporting?

This has been discussed on here a while back , some even said they knew medicals in Georgia that had been vaccinated . One tv commentator said his mother in Indiana , a hospital lab worker , was told she would receive it the following week . I believe it was based on an emergency approval for this demographic . They have started in the UK also , on tv . You can look it up .

That says nothing about Fauci’s vaccine timeline being what it was because of Trump’s orders, which is what I was asking for your source on.

Also, it’s an opinion piece from a tabloid.

That says nothing about Fauci’s vaccine timeline being what it was because of Trump’s orders, which is what I was asking for your source on.

Also, it’s an opinion piece from a tabloid.
New York Post is not a tabloid. It was founded in 1801 by Alexander Hamilton. You just don't like the truth.

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
New York Post is not a tabloid. It was founded in 1801 by Alexander Hamilton. You just don't like the truth.

Disagree on that point, but it’s an Opinion piece so it really doesn’t matter where it’s run. It’s not a source.

And it still doesn’t back up your claim that Fauci adjusted his timeline.

the NY Post advertises itself as a tabloid
Are these tabloids?

Are these tabloids?

to the question of whether the NY Post is a tabloid, those links don't matter whatsoever

what point are you trying to make?

Are these tabloids?

All that I’m looking for is a source for your claim that Fauci saying in April that a vaccine could be available by end of year was based on Trump’s orders to get a vaccine out, which is what you claimed.

The top two links you posted are opinion pieces. The third is just an article from Mid May that covers Trump recently announcing OWS. Mid May was after April.

Fauci was/is part of the team. He was speaking as part of the team. Do you think he didn't know about WarpSpeed? Just keep moving the goal posts because you can't stand the great accomplishment it is. Don't worry Biden will stop it and you'll be back in the basement in no time.

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
Nancy Pelosi was proof of that. She wouldn't sign off on a clean relief bill. Had to include elimination of voter ID (I wonder why) , mail in voting and bailout of democrat states that had run deficits for years.

If Joe is the President , the libs will do their best to do away with voter ID .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT