ADVERTISEMENT

Is Atlanta part of Georgia?

Yes/No/Why
Sadly, not anymore. It resembles Detroit more than anything southern, and it’s getting worse. Should Buckhead and North Fulton succeed in bolting out of City of Atlanta/becoming Milton County, watch how fast Atlanta resembles an old decaying northern city. I think you’ll see a big transition of large corps out of the city to the burbs or just work from home.

Sadly, not anymore. It resembles Detroit more than anything southern, and it’s getting worse. Should Buckhead and North Fulton succeed in bolting out of City of Atlanta/becoming Milton County, watch how fast Atlanta resembles an old decaying northern city. I think you’ll see a big transition of large corps out of the city to the burbs or just work from home.
Detroit? Wowzers.

Reactions: rednblack4life
jb0sMu77e4NpyeOGYiCMPFHqi30gQC.gif

Reactions: shonuff253
Reactions: shonuff253
Yes/No/Why
It’s The City Too Busy To Hate. ‘Cept when they’re slaughtering each other, rioting, protesting, suing everybody, burning shit down, and basically behaving in a decidedly un-Southern manner. It used to be a good part of Georgia long ago. Picture a map of Georgia from behind with the North bent over grabbing the South’s ankles. That’s right; that puckered brown eye balloon knot right in the middle is Atlanta.

Atlanta, like nearly every large city in the US, has some bad parts of town. We don’t have entire neighborhoods that are abandoned like in Detroit.

Atlanta started going down hill right after the Olympics. Billy Payne was successful in two things. Turning Atlanta into a third world country and turning Augusta National into the Disney World of Golf. Bobby Jones and Clifford Roberts are rolling over in their grave for the changes ( for the bad ) he made at ANGC for the Masters Tournament.

Reactions: MGE Dog
Care to step up and actually say what you mean by that comment? Come on, you know you want to. We all know what you are thinking, just go ahead and say it.

Care to step up and actually say what you mean by that comment? Come on, you know you want to. We all know what you are thinking, just go ahead and say it.
Clark Howard was going to run for Mayor and he probably would have made a good Mayor. The more research he did on the cities inner workings, the more he became convinced that turning Atlanta around was hopeless. He spoke with city leaders who stated that there was nothing wrong with City Government being a jobs program for minorities. it stil is and the main reason taxes are so high. And yes, Maynard Jackson dealt with racial politics very well. Hell, he gave the key to the city to Lynyrd Skynrd. After Jackson though, the Mayors have been awful and the city continues to decline.

You care to directly state what you're alleging in your veiled accusations? You seem to be a veiled baiter. Yuck

Last edited:
Reactions: DTwnDawg
Typical Democrats with terrible ideas and incredibly corrupt. Is that direct enough?
Every mayor since the 1870’s has been a democrat, so that wouldn’t appear to be what he is referencing when he suggested looking at the last six mayors for an answer to the question. But there is definitely one very obvious difference between the last six mayors and every mayor prior. In the total absence of further clarification, his single sentence makes a very clear point.

Name the last six mayors and you get the picture.. 65
Hey! Bill Campbell lifted up poor Atlantans through the federal $250MM Empowerment Zone. Well,…….maybe he lifted up 2 or 3 winos after his cronies skimmed the entire 250 mil. One more term and he would have really brought Atlanta to the forefront of American cities, but he struggled to get campaign contributions while in the Miami Federal Penitentiary.

Every mayor since the 1870’s has been a democrat, so that wouldn’t appear to be what he is referencing when he suggested looking at the last six mayors for an answer to the question. But there is definitely one very obvious difference between the last six mayors and every mayor prior. In the total absence of further clarification, his single sentence makes a very clear point.
What if he said "The last six mayors were Black and they screwed the pooch"? Is that against the new rules?

What if he said "The last six mayors were Black and they screwed the pooch"? Is that against the new rules?
I don't make any rules, I only know what I believe. Saying "The last six mayors were black and they screwed the pooch" absent any other commentary suggests that the defining reason for their screwing of the pooch is because they are black. I would say that is an example of soft racism, but upon reflection there isn't anything soft about. Argue policy, argue cronyism, argue corruption and not only is that ok, I would probably agree with most of the points being made. But if the only argument being made is the suggestion of (in the first post I responded to) or the direct statement of (in your post) race being the defining reason for failure, that is the very definition of racism and it should not be accepted in any forum.

I don't make any rules, I only know what I believe. Saying "The last six mayors were black and they screwed the pooch" absent any other commentary suggests that the defining reason for their screwing of the pooch is because they are black. I would say that is an example of soft racism, but upon reflection there isn't anything soft about. Argue policy, argue cronyism, argue corruption and not only is that ok, I would probably agree with most of the points being made. But if the only argument being made is the suggestion of (in the first post I responded to) or the direct statement of (in your post) race being the defining reason for failure, that is the very definition of racism and it should not be accepted in any forum.
It was a hypothetical question containing an observation and you read a lot into it. They were black but that's not why they screwed the pooch; they did so because they were corrupt. The way I read it is that once you eliminate half the pool of potential mayors, your chance of getting poor leadership increases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT