ADVERTISEMENT

JD Vance…..

Not my pick, wanted someone more seasoned and more experienced- Cotton was my choice. Not sure if this expands his base but he might not need it at this point
Thinks JD will be a scrapper. He has lived life on both sides of the track and will be loyal. Smart fellow who has overcome a lot in life….on the surface, seems like a great pick.

The fellow grew up dirt poor and has made something of himself. He has earned everything he’s got and will be able to relate to most all imo.

He certainly has my respect.

I guess we will find out, but seems/feels like a good pick.

Last edited:
Really like Burgum. Just not much flair

As much as I like Trump you can’t follow up “old, white guy” with another “old white guy.”

You need someone that appeals to a different demographic.

Ben Carson/Byron Donald- would bring in African Americans.
Marco Rubio- would bring in Hispanics/Latinos.
Tulsi Gabbard/Nikki Haley- would bring in women.

Ultimately it’s J.D. Vance who is the youngest VP ever, has a rags to riches story & will be the front runner to win in 2028.

Ocryo State Grad. May have to reconsider my vote.
J/K - great choice in my opinion. Possibly our future leader.
JC

Fair enough, but most all of us want the same thing….safety & prosperity. Pretty sure most women don’t vote for someone just because they are female.

There is a lot to like about Vance. Trump is apparently comfortable with him, that matters most imo.
Watching his nomination. I’m all in on Vance. Great pick. For now and the future.

Reactions: SprayTanDawg
Vance is the new generation that many have longed for. The GOP would be wise to push this narrative and propel Vance to the office in 2028.
Some complain of his lack of experience and I get it. But Trump didn’t have any to start either.

Everyone has to start somewhere..

And to be honest, tired of all of these career politicians. Any hire is a risk, but this is a calculated one with a lot of upside.

And most importantly, it’s who Trump is comfortable with.

He’s definitely going to appeal to the younger crowd.
I'm not so sure. Vance doesn't add anything to the ticket.

I'm around the same age as Vance....his views don't appeal to alot of folks our age on both sides of the aisle that I talk to on a regular basis .... specifically...a nationwide abortion ban with no exceptions for rape (calling rape "inconvenient"). I got 2 little girls. F that noise.

He's a hillbilly chameleon. Nothing about trump has changed since 2016 when Vance called him Americas Hitler. Yet....he's now licking Cheeto dust off trump's shoes...

He doesn't broaden the appeal of the ticket. Its....another white dude....who thinks like trump....yay.

I'm around the same age as Vance....his views don't appeal to alot of folks our age on both sides of the aisle that I talk to on a regular basis .... specifically...a nationwide abortion ban with no exceptions for rape (calling rape "inconvenient"). I got 2 little girls. F that noise.

He's a hillbilly chameleon. Nothing about trump has changed since 2016 when Vance called him Americas Hitler. Yet....he's now licking Cheeto dust off trump's shoes...

He doesn't broaden the appeal of the ticket. Its....another white dude....who thinks like trump....yay.
Does Biden or Kamala appeal to the crowd of young folks you talk to? Just curious. Biden is a get off my lawn guy. Kamala slept her way to the vp spot. 🤦‍♂️

Does Biden or Kamala appeal to the crowd of young folks you talk to? Just curious. Biden is a get off my lawn guy. Kamala slept her way to the vp spot. 🤦‍♂️
Not really. Most of those folks I talk to werent voting Dem....they were already trump votes. But the dems or undecideds aren't switching because of Vance.

The assertion that a younger vp candidate expanded trump's base is false. It's a numbers game. And pubs didn't add numbers today in my opinion.

There were better picks. Vance is trump-lite. Just my opinion watching the numbers. Most people don't know Vance....once they do....doubt they are switching their votes.

Reactions: nice marmot

Agree with you on the rape thing, as I have two girls myself. Never heard him say that, but I am pretty sure that Trump wants to leave it up to each state to decide.

Nobody everybody will agree to what is decided on abortion. There always will be some argument, it’s been an issue forever. Not sure if there is a right answer for all.

But I do indeed agree with you on that issue (rape).

Disagree with you on the younger votes, I do indeed think it adds more to the ticket. But we will see, proof will be in the pudding.

If he did indeed say that about Trump (Hitler), it looks like they’ve worked it out…as there a lot that sling mud. Seems to be normal these DAYZ.

Pretty sure Biden and “KAMALA” got after it too.

Reactions: jlstone412
Fair enough, but most all of us want the same thing….safety & prosperity. Pretty sure most women don’t vote for someone just because they are female.

There is a lot to like about Vance. Trump is apparently comfortable with him, that matters most imo.
Getting women who don't love him to give him a shot is a huge lift. Women are (over) half the country, and a majority of them don't like Trump. There are a ton of women out there that are single issue voters who aren't well informed where most pols actually stand on a variety of issues. They don't know where Trump actually stands on abortion. All they know is what they hear on MSNBC or what their friends say (who watch MSNBC).

Reactions: cherrydawg
Not really. Most of those folks I talk to werent voting Dem....they were already trump votes. But the dems or undecideds aren't switching because of Vance.

The assertion that a younger vp candidate expanded trump's base is false. It's a numbers game. And pubs didn't add numbers today in my opinion.

There were better picks. Vance is trump-lite. Just my opinion watching the numbers. Most people don't know Vance....once they do....doubt they are switching their votes.
I think that is the spin. Any guy is going to be trump lite. It could have been any of them. I think his story will hit home. I think being a military guy will help. Above all, he is competent. Unlike the vp from the left. She has proven to be the worst vp in modern history. She makes dick Cheney and Dan Quayle look like great politicians. Quayle couldn’t spell potato for sure. Kamala could spell what was written on the ceiling of most hotel rooms in California. She also hasn’t had a coherent thought in four years. Or contributed one thing. Can you point to one positive. She is most remembered for being a low iq slut that called Biden a racist. Maybe she does well in a debate against him, but I really doubt that.

More of this right?

I was hoping for Tulsi but Vance seems like a solid pick.
Tulsi is pro American, anti-war/foreign intervention. Not sure if she'd even be interested but id love to see her in a spot on his cabinet to push back against the MIC war machine

Last edited:

Once again. Think Trump was thinking America first. He thinks Vance is the best candidate to carry the torch

Agree with you on the rape thing, as I have two girls myself. Never heard him say that, but I am pretty sure that Trump wants to leave it up to each state to decide.

Nobody everybody will agree to what is decided on abortion. There always will be some argument, it’s been an issue forever. Not sure if there is a right answer for all.

But I do indeed agree with you on that issue (rape).

Disagree with you on the younger votes, I do indeed think it adds more to the ticket. But we will see, proof will be in the pudding.

If he did indeed say that about Trump (Hitler), it looks like they’ve worked it out…as there a lot that sling mud. Seems to be normal these DAYZ.

Pretty sure Biden and “KAMALA” got after it too.
I knew we agreed on some things 🙃

But will respectfully disagree on adding to the ticket for younger voters (once they see who he is....most have never heard of him).

I think he might have chosen Rubio to seal the deal.
After what happened Sat, I think Trump knows he can pick any of the choices and win now.
So he went with the one who he thinks will be the most loyal to him.

Reactions: DawgWCK
I knew we agreed on some things 🙃

But will respectfully disagree on adding to the ticket for younger voters (once they see who he is....most have never heard of him).
Had my house full of young people this weekend. 22-27 in ages, all college educated with careers. They all have had enough of Biden and prefer Trump this time around.

Feeling it is believing it. They all feel Biden is a hopeless cause.

He has hit their wallets and it has made them see the light and feel the pain. They also don’t like what is going on south of the border. All of this is predominantly this way at my gym also (younger). Most feel he is just a lost cause, it’s sad, but it is true.

Now, I just pray that he finishes his term and that seems to be the general feeling.

As far as Vance goes, both daughters like the idea of Vance after today’s announcement. Pretty sure he’s not the boogeyman….BWTFDIK.

Gives them both hope & encouragement.

I see a red wave coming….

I think that is the spin. Any guy is going to be trump lite. It could have been any of them. I think his story will hit home. I think being a military guy will help. Above all, he is competent. Unlike the vp from the left. She has proven to be the worst vp in modern history. She makes dick Cheney and Dan Quayle look like great politicians. Quayle couldn’t spell potato for sure. Kamala could spell what was written on the ceiling of most hotel rooms in California. She also hasn’t had a coherent thought in four years. Or contributed one thing. Can you point to one positive. She is most remembered for being a low iq slut that called Biden a racist. Maybe she does well in a debate against him, but I really doubt that.

More of this right?
She adds nothing to anything!!!

Reactions: zingerdawg
Had my house full of young people this weekend. 22-27 in ages, all college educated with careers. They all have had enough of Biden and prefer Trump this time around.

Feeling it is believing it. They all feel Biden is a hopeless cause.

He has hit their wallets and it has made them see the light and feel the pain. They also don’t like what is going on south of the border. All of this is predominantly this way at my gym also (younger). Most feel he is just a lost cause, it’s sad, but it is true.

Now, I just pray that he finishes his term and that seems to be the general feeling.

As far as Vance goes, both daughters like the idea of Vance after today’s announcement. Pretty sure he’s not the boogeyman….BWTFDIK.

Gives them both hope & encouragement.

I see a red wave coming….
While I don't doubt your experience, that group of voters are the lowest turnout voters.

Genuinely curious: where are they from? Did they vote for Biden in 2020? If they are from red states, means nothing as it doesnt help EV count. Swing state, I would agree with you Dems have some worry. If they voted for trump in 2020 it means nothing and solidifies my point that this doesn't expand the base. Those voters are gonna vote for Trump regardless of VP choice.

I've had enough of Biden and I wish he would've announced he was a 1 term president. Said it when he was nominated in 2020. But not a fan of the alternative and that was before he pitched a fit after losing in 2020.

Reactions: celticdawg
Trump playing the long game here, JD capable of implementing the Trump agenda for the next decade. Also, Vivek to Senate?

Reactions: 3 Pete and trillium
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT