ADVERTISEMENT

JD Vance…..

While I don't doubt your experience, that group of voters are the lowest turnout voters.

Genuinely curious: where are they from? Did they vote for Biden in 2020? If they are from red states, means nothing as it doesnt help EV count. Swing state, I would agree with you Dems have some worry. If they voted for trump in 2020 it means nothing and solidifies my point that this doesn't expand the base. Those voters are gonna vote for Trump regardless of VP choice.

I've had enough of Biden and I wish he would've announced he was a 1 term president. Said it when he was nominated in 2020. But not a fan of the alternative and that was before he pitched a fit after losing in 2020.
Saint Louis area. Both daughters voted for Biden before, the others that were at my house did also. My gym, don’t know…didn’t ask.

This all still tells you or I nothing for certain. The polls don’t tell us anything nor does the Vegas odds.

But if I were to guess, most have had enough the last 4 years and want a change. They have records to compare and don’t want to live life like they have the last four years.

I don’t think the race will even be close.

Saint Louis area. Both daughters voted for Biden before, the others that were at my house did also. My gym, don’t know…didn’t ask.

This all still tells you or I nothing for certain. The polls don’t tell us anything nor does the Vegas odds.

But if I were to guess, most have had enough the last 4 years and want a change. They have records to compare and don’t want to live life like they have the last four years.

I don’t think the race will even be close.
Appreciate the response. Agree with you....More trump voters in Missouri does tell us nothing.

Will agree to disagree about this being close. I don't see a red wave but could see a path for trump winning close. Agree that Biden fatigue is real. How many couch voters do we have this cycle? Id wager a ton. I think this will be an extremely low turnout election compared to recent cycles.

I think he might have chosen Rubio to seal the deal.
After what happened Sat, I think Trump knows he can pick any of the choices and win now.
So he went with the one who he thinks will be the most loyal to him.
Good points, concur on all 3 points….

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Vance will make Kamala look like the dumbass she is at the VP debate. He will box her in on some topic & she will cackle like a hyena & repeat some prior ignorant statement!

Vance will make Kamala look like the dumbass she is at the VP debate. He will box her in on some topic & she will cackle like a hyena & repeat some prior ignorant statement!
He is impressive

Had my house full of young people this weekend. 22-27 in ages, all college educated with careers. They all have had enough of Biden and prefer Trump this time around.

Feeling it is believing it. They all feel Biden is a hopeless cause.

He has hit their wallets and it has made them see the light and feel the pain. They also don’t like what is going on south of the border. All of this is predominantly this way at my gym also (younger). Most feel he is just a lost cause, it’s sad, but it is true.

Now, I just pray that he finishes his term and that seems to be the general feeling.

As far as Vance goes, both daughters like the idea of Vance after today’s announcement. Pretty sure he’s not the boogeyman….BWTFDIK.

Gives them both hope & encouragement.

I see a red wave coming….
Vance is extremely, extremely sharp. Imo, younger folks that actually hear him will consider him to be a worthy VP.

As much as I like Trump you can’t follow up “old, white guy” with another “old white guy.”

You need someone that appeals to a different demographic.

Ben Carson/Byron Donald- would bring in African Americans.
Marco Rubio- would bring in Hispanics/Latinos.
Tulsi Gabbard/Nikki Haley- would bring in women.

Ultimately it’s J.D. Vance who is the youngest VP ever, has a rags to riches story & will be the front runner to win in 2028.
Someone who has come from nothing to be successful is attractive to all demographics imo

I think he might have chosen Rubio to seal the deal.
After what happened Sat, I think Trump knows he can pick any of the choices and win now.
So he went with the one who he thinks will be the most loyal to him.
I also believe that it's a choice driven by overconfidence - but I would suggest it is a missed opportunity for many of the reasons suggested above.

Peter Thiel and others like him are the ones pushing Vance on Trunp. I bet when it all comes out, Trump had a different instinct.

A lot of people detest Vance, with good reason. And those who thinks he will be "loyal" clearly haven't read much about him, obviously.

That's all I will say.

Last edited:
Reactions: mitchelldawg
He's a hillbilly chameleon. Nothing about trump has changed since 2016 when Vance called him Americas Hitler.
You basically just can't help it... vitriol .. the same kind that has been highlighted the past few days as threats. the threatening talk is from the left. You just proved and reiterated it again.

You basically just can't help it... vitriol .. the same kind that has been highlighted the past few days as threats. the threatening talk is from the left. You just proved and reiterated it again.
You're reading too much into my post. Trump is the same person he was in 2016; he hasn't changed. Him getting shot at doesn't change who he is.

I don't believe Vance moves the needle for voters like some think. This is a guy who will say and do anything to get to the top (kinda sounds like Harris no?) and whose ego is just as fragile as trumps.

There were better options for a race this tight. The fact that trump isn't polling 20+ points higher than Biden after the debate and the attempt on his life should be telling....

Most who are thrilled with the the pick were already voting for trump....

Reactions: celticdawg
You're reading too much into my post. Trump is the same person he was in 2016; he hasn't changed. Him getting shot at doesn't change who he is.

I don't believe Vance moves the needle for voters like some think. This is a guy who will say and do anything to get to the top (kinda sounds like Harris no?) and whose ego is just as fragile as trumps.

There were better options for a race this tight. The fact that trump isn't polling 20+ points higher than Biden after the debate and the attempt on his life should be telling....

You're probably right about the pick moving the needle. It may not move the needle much at all. And you're probably right that a man in his 70s hasn't changed much. However, something did change from the time Vance criticized Trump. Trump actually governed and his policies were in line with Vance's philosophy. He also actually MET Trump and decided most of the media vitriol was unwarranted. Iows, Trump isn't really El Diablo.

Yes, it's true that a lot of those with TDS would not change their minds if Trump united the nation, cured cancer and walked across the great lakes. However, a lot of conservatives (like Eric Erickson) that criticized Trump before he was elected changed their minds after Trump actually pursued policies that est pubs endorsed but quickly abandoned once in office.

So yeah, a lot of folks suffering from TDS will never change their minds but some that actually met him and or worked with him did change their minds. It's also true that some that worked with him decided they couldn't work with Trump. Are you going to discredit their change of heart about Trump?

Some complain of his lack of experience and I get it. But Trump didn’t have any to start either.

Everyone has to start somewhere..

And to be honest, tired of all of these career politicians. Any hire is a risk, but this is a calculated one with a lot of upside.

And most importantly, it’s who Trump is comfortable with.

Look at the pack of empty suits that are career politicians. We need need men and women.

The “left” would vote for a parking meter running against Trump. That’s your problem, not mine.

Reactions: ferris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT