Liz & Eddie

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
$

$

1948: Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier
Across the pond was the tragic love story between these two actors. They met in 1936, but Laurence was married. Vivien was reportedly certain this was the love of her life, and they started their affair the following year. They eventually married in 1940 and were at the height of their "couple goals" status, but health problems and their overall rocky relationship led to their downfall around 1958.

$

1949: Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart
Named the "best love story, ever" by The Hollywood Reporter, this couple met in 1944. There was a 25-year age gap, but that didn't stop Humphrey from asking Lauren for her number (which she wrote on a matchbox). They had two kids and were married for 13 years, until Humphrey died of esophageal cancer in 1957.

$

1952: Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis

After a whirlwind romance, the dreamy Hollywood couple were married in June 1951. They had their fair share of fights and ended up divorcing, but not before welcoming daughters Kelly and Jamie Lee into the world. Janet is best known for her screaming in Psycho, so it was hardly a shock when Jamie Lee had so much success with the Halloween movies.

$

1956: Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III
A Hollywood princess became real-life royalty when actress Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956. The Oscar winner met her prince at the Cannes Film Festival in 1955. She never returned to acting and the couple had three children together. They lived a happy life together until Grace tragically died following a car crash in 1982. Prince Rainier III never remarried.

$

1957: Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner
"I was 10 and he was 18 when I first saw him walking down a hall at 20th Century Fox,” Natalie told People in 1976. “I turned to my mother and said, ‘I’m going to marry him.’" In 1972, the two became husband and wife for a second time. Their first marriage lasted from 1957–1962, and they both went on to marry and have children with other people. However, they reunited, had a daughter together, and were married until Natalie's shocking death in 1981. Decades later, Robert was named a person of interest in the case in 2018.

$

1960: Movita Castaneda and Marlon Brando
The couple met in the early '50s and secretly married in 1960. She was known for a small role in the movie Mutiny on the Bounty. In a twist of fate, Marlon met his third wife Tarita Teriipaia while filming the 1962 remake of the same film. He married Tarita that same year, even though his divorce from Movita wasn't finalized until 1968.

$

1966: Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman
While so many celebs were getting divorced, one couple who stayed together forever was Joanne and Paul. Many referred to them as "Hollywood's golden couple," which makes a lot of sense. They were both Oscar winners, had three daughters, and were inseparable until Paul's death in 2008 (the year of their 50th anniversary).

$

1973: Ali MacGraw and Steve McQueen
Co-starring in the The Getaway led to MacGraw leaving her then-husband Robert Evans for Steve. Their tumultuous relationship ended five years later, and Steve died from cancer just three years after that. “I wish we had both grown old sober,” Ali told People of their rocky romance in 2018. “There were wonderful days and dreadful days."

$

1984: Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell
It's hard to know where to begin with these two lovebirds, who are still in love today. They fell for each other while filming the movie Swing Shift, and Goldie said she was amazed by how he treated her children. With over 35 years of romance under their belt, few remember that they never "officially" tied the knot.

$

2009: Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady
It's tough to find a couple more glamorous than these two. Sparks flew immediately when they had their first blind date in December 2006. They hit things off while his ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan was pregnant with their son Jack (born in 2007). While it almost tore the two apart, they remained together and Tom proposed in 2009. Their wedding took place after just a two-week engagement.

$

1966: Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman
While so many celebs were getting divorced, one couple who stayed together forever was Joanne and Paul. Many referred to them as "Hollywood's golden couple," which makes a lot of sense. They were both Oscar winners, had three daughters, and were inseparable until Paul's death in 2008 (the year of their 50th anniversary).
Newman greatest actor ever.

$

1953: Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio
By 1953, the actress-singer and her New York Yankees star beau were living a life of luxury in the Hollywood Hills. They had a brief nine-month marriage the year after, but this was most definitely their peak.

Braves outfielder David Justice married actress Halle Berry in 1992. After the couple divorced in 1997, Justice proclaimed, "I never hit her".

dab79d95a6994ae7740451a3cfb36258.jpg

$

1950: Elizabeth Taylor and Conrad Hilton Jr.
She's known for her seven ex-husbands, but let's talk about Elizabeth Taylor's first. The heir to the Hilton hotel fortune, Conrad met his future bride in October 1949 and they were married in May 1950. She was just 18, and the marriage ended after just 205 days.
Conrad probably spent the rest of his years remembering the 205 times he banged her.

She captured the attraction of restraint, class and deportment. Good luck finding that today.
$

1956: Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III
A Hollywood princess became real-life royalty when actress Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956. The Oscar winner met her prince at the Cannes Film Festival in 1955. She never returned to acting and the couple had three children together. They lived a happy life together until Grace tragically died following a car crash in 1982. Prince Rainier III never remarried.
I'm thinking 100% wildcat.

$

1948: Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier
Across the pond was the tragic love story between these two actors. They met in 1936, but Laurence was married. Vivien was reportedly certain this was the love of her life, and they started their affair the following year. They eventually married in 1940 and were at the height of their "couple goals" status, but health problems and their overall rocky relationship led to their downfall around 1958.
I imagine she was also frustrated by the fact that he was gay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT