ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg NBA boycotting games

giphy.gif

You are right it shouldnt, he shouldnt have reisted arrest and gone into his car. Cops dont have time to wait and see what the hell he is about to do. Thats how cops die.
Resisting arrest isn’t a death sentence. End of story. 7 shots is insane. Cop just isn’t cut out for his job and can’t deescalate a situation properly.

Resisting arrest isn’t a death sentence. End of story. 7 shots is insane. Cop just isn’t cut out for his job and can’t deescalate a situation properly.
Its not insane. You ever seen a suspect hopped up on PCP? Shots 1-6 could do nothing if hes still going for a weapon. Sorry you dont feel that way.

He was already combative with the cops and had a warrant, he wasnt going down without a fight.

Its not insane. You ever seen a suspect hopped up on PCP? Shots 1-6 could do nothing if hes still going for a weapon. Sorry you dont feel that way.

He was already combative with the cops and had a warrant, he wasnt going down without a fight.
So detain him before he reaches his car. Step 1 isn’t to shoot. Cop was a dumbass who couldn’t perform his job and skipped to the last resort before doing anything else.

Resisting arrest doesn’t warrant an execution. Ever. Ever.

While we don't yet know everything that was said, a man was shot in the back 7 times, that should never happen.

Statements like these always make me laugh. There are numerous reasons why someone could be shot “in the back”. This idea that being shot in the back is immediately a bad shooting is simply wrong.

Just comply. Do what you are instructed to do when given lawful commands. Don’t resist arrest.

I had a call recently with an African American male. The call was that he was acting crazy and just pulled a gun at a business. I got there...he put his hands up...he listened to what I told him to do. We were able to peacefully sort through what actually happened and we both left there with a fist bump and respect for each other. Had he not listened things could have certainly turned out differently. You start fighting police and retreating to the driver seat of a vehicle where who knows what you have in the door pocket, under the seat, etc then bad things tend to happen.

After Doc Rivers last night... I was surprised anybody played... the black panthers were started over a single issue; police brutality... 60 years later... can’t blame them for being fed up

Fed up with what exactly? The reason he got shot is the same reason anyone gets shot by the police. He disobeyed orders and made a move for something in his car AFTER fighting with police. Plus he had a history of violence towards officers. Not to mention he has a long rap sheet and is a convicted sex offender so I could care less that he was shot.

College football players threatening to boycott helped to make Mississippi remove the Confederate flag from their state flag this summer

Sports can have positive impacts on politics

Changing a flag, a extraordinarily simple single task, has nothing to do with policing, their complex policies and work environment, nor is it the same as discussing how 700,000 police officers individually police.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT