ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg NBA boycotting games

can you elaborate on what you’re asking for trajectory?
Are the incidents increasing in numbers or decreasing? Which isn’t really fair because it does change from locality to locality, but if we are just limiting it to national for now, what’s the data look like?

I am confused by your desire to downplay the importance of small positive change

I'm reasonably certain it's because you disagree with Mississippi's decision to change the flag altogether (please correct me if I'm wrong here), but I am also interested to hear more detail on your opinion as you clearly have more you want to say

I applauded the end of racism before you even brought up Mississippi schools. If I were eager to say anything I would not hesitate. I'm perfectly content with pointing out everything that is ending racism

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
I applauded the end of racism before you even brought up Mississippi schools. If I were eager to say anything I would not hesitate. I'm perfectly content with pointing out everything that is ending racism

racism will never end. The Democrat party can’t survive without it as an issue to divide us.

Checking recent polls, a majority of Americans believe the police don't use proper force in each situation, don't treat minorities equally and support police reform. It's actually closer to 4/5 in the opposite direction.

There are many reforms that have widespread support, such as focusing training on better de-escalation tactics or hiring more black officers and replacing certain police duties. Just a few years ago police officers didn't even wear body cams, yet we've already made that change, which has been great for both sides.

"Defunding the police" has lower political support, but that's not what the majority of people want with reform. What they want are fewer incidents and more accountability when officers make mistakes, which they do make.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...upport-more-training-transparency/3259628001/

https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...-power-to-sue-police-officers-for-misconduct/

last year 9000 blacks were murdered, 7500 of them by blacks... Seems some blacks fear the wrong people.

there were 9 unarmed black men killed by police in 2019,,,,, 19 unarmed white men.

I don't know the number of police killed in the line of duty but I bet it was more than 9.

You look it up.. I know you won't because you are part of the brain washed woke folk that want to kill police and cause the death of America.... How much those millionaire cry babies gonna make when America is no more because you radical leftist followed the dim party???

Larry Elder
@larryelder

How many unarmed blacks were killed by cops last year? 9. How many unarmed whites were killed by cops last year? 19. More officers are killed every year than are unarmed blacks. When do the #BlueLivesMatter protests begin?

Larry Elder
@larryelder

How many unarmed blacks were killed by cops last year? 9. How many unarmed whites were killed by cops last year? 19. More officers are killed every year than are unarmed blacks. When do the #BlueLivesMatter protests begin?

Reactions: Artmcollins
last year 9000 blacks were murdered, 7500 of them by blacks... Seems some blacks fear the wrong people.

there were 9 unarmed black men killed by police in 2019,,,,, 19 unarmed white men.

I don't know the number of police killed in the line of duty but I bet it was more than 9.

You look it up.. I know you won't because you are part of the brain washed woke folk that want to kill police and cause the death of America.... How much those millionaire cry babies gonna make when America is no more because you radical leftist followed the dim party???

Larry Elder
@larryelder

Larry Elder
@larryelder

it’s also about use of force broadly, not just killing unarmed black men. It’s also about additional accountability for police when they make a mistake. It’s about investing more in schools and less in police so we can develop a society where less of the black ok black crime happens because we have better education, more opportunities and a more equitable society.

this isn’t a hard line “f the police” stance - it’s a belief that the police have taken on a bigger role than they should and about demilitarizing the police in the US to return them to more of a public service role. It’s about taking back civil liberties from the government and expanding the rights of the average citizen.

you have a very “us vs them” mentality on this when compromise is a fair solution

Reactions: kaseklosed8

Ok - loud and clear that you don’t intend to have a discussion in good faith

Reactions: celticdawg
Are the incidents increasing in numbers or decreasing? Which isn’t really fair because it does change from locality to locality, but if we are just limiting it to national for now, what’s the data look like?

I don’t have sources at my fingers right now and would need to find them to substantiate recent trends

suffice to say reform isn’t unwarranted either way, as individual cases still can and do demonstrate the need for certain changes - but I don’t have the data readily available to address that question from you currently

it’s also about use of
broadly, not just killing unarmed black men. It’s also about additional accountability for police when they make a mistake. It’s about investing more in schools and less in police so we can develop a society where less of the black ok black crime happens because we have better education, more opportunities and a more equitable society.

this isn’t a hard line “f the police” stance - it’s a belief that the police have taken on a bigger role than they should and about demilitarizing the police in the US to return them to more of a public service role. It’s about taking back civil liberties from the government and expanding the rights of the average citizen.

you have a very “us vs them” mentality on this when compromise is a fair solution

Not one person on this board has ever said that a police officer that steps out of line should not be punished. If they are shown to have used excessive force then throw the book at them.. But obuma taught you guys a very poor lesson. He always blamed the police first without hesitation. You lefties do the same thing now over and over... How many police officers where killed during his last 4 yrs? Dallas anyone? an off duty police officer on his way home to his family pumping gas at a connivance store shot in the back of the head and I could go on but it makes me sick.

If an officer is wrong punish the officer. But, more times than not the shooting is justifiable. There have been a few that were not but not many... some on here always from the left, say just let them go when they are resisting arrest.... ridiculous. There is no law and no safety for anyone if we just let the criminals that don't wont to be arrested walk away... How dumb can you get.

What I can tell you is this, the rioting, the anti law and order, the anti police movement in this country, the constant constant never relenting race baiting by the left divide us more and more. The leftist pols want this because they need it to be in power... That is the staple of their platform, conservatives are raciest and we are going to kill grandma so she won't get social security... the people that fall for that and vote for that are just stupid pons for the politicians... useful idiots.

Luckily I live in a small town in the south, I have friends of both races, everyone gets along great... Put me in a Big City with dim leadership and we going to have rioting and looting and racial tension... whys that,,,,,, the leadership baits it up. Always always always.
Yes it is us against them, us being American loving everyone work hard and move ahead believers and those that want to destroy America.

Larry Elder
@larryelder

Larry Elder
@larryelder

This!!!

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
Not one person on this board has ever said that a police officer that steps out of line should not be punished. If they are shown to have used excessive force then throw the book at them.. But obuma taught you guys a very poor lesson. He always blamed the police first without hesitation. You lefties do the same thing now over and over... How many police officers where killed during his last 4 yrs? Dallas anyone? an off duty police officer on his way home to his family pumping gas at a connivance store shot in the back of the head and I could go on but it makes me sick.

If an officer is wrong punish the officer. But, more times than not the shooting is justifiable. There have been a few that were not but not many... some on here always from the left, say just let them go when they are resisting arrest.... ridiculous. There is no law and no safety for anyone if we just let the criminals that don't wont to be arrested walk away... How dumb can you get.

What I can tell you is this, the rioting, the anti law and order, the anti police movement in this country, the constant constant never relenting race baiting by the left divide us more and more. The leftist pols want this because they need it to be in power... That is the staple of their platform, conservatives are raciest and we are going to kill grandma so she won't get social security... the people that fall for that and vote for that are just stupid pons for the politicians... useful idiots.

Luckily I live in a small town in the south, I have friends of both races, everyone gets along great... Put me in a Big City with dim leadership and we going to have rioting and looting and racial tension... whys that,,,,,, the leadership baits it up. Always always always.
Yes it is us against them, us being American loving everyone work hard and move ahead believers and those that want to destroy America.

I didn’t vote for Obama. You’re making up a straw man here.

It’s bizarre that you think people who want change want to destroy America. You should truly attempt to educate yourself on what life actually looks like outside of small towns, as the picture you paint does not describe life in big cities. You’re peddling bs that some Republican leadership ships out to useful idiots on the right in a similar race baiting fashion. This board is full of big government law and order conservatives and short on small govt conservatives who value civil liberties.

To claim you want police accountability is a joke while saying you don’t think the police does anything wrong that they need to be accountable for

It’s bizarre that you think people who want change want to destroy America. You should truly attempt to educate yourself on what life actually looks like outside of small towns, as the picture you paint does not describe life in big cities. You’re peddling bs that some Republican leadership ships out to useful idiots on the right in a similar race baiting fashion. This board is full of big government law and order conservatives and short on small govt conservatives who value civil liberties.

To claim you want police accountability is a joke while saying you don’t think the police does anything wrong that they need to be accountable for

You can't even go a full reply without lying... I most certainly said and have said before that police that step out of line should be punished to the full extent of the law... I don't have to prove a thing to you sir. You are just another arrogant elitist leftist. You voted for bernie maybe but you are no conservative... I'll give you a hint,,,, go check some ot the original George Floyd post.... and see what I had to say about the police office with the knee on his neck.

One does not burn down the house because it needs repair... unless of course you are a stinking leftist like you... If you were half as smart as you believe yourself to be you wouldn't be able to teach a pre school class... Your words give you away, you are anti police, anti America and you sure as heck don't have a clue about what anyone's real life is like... Your probably some sociology professor with no real life lessons to call upon... only some trash taught at some liberal school. You sure as heck should never tell someone else they need to educate themselves. You have done nothing here but spout blm talking points. A marxist anti American kill the police terrorists organization.

You totally failed at reading comprehension... the point between small town and big city is this. Small town usually conservative, races get along great everyone happy.... usually red on the voting map... big cities,,, blue on map, no one gets along, poverty, and racism abundant,,, just the way the dim party draws it up. Now goofus go educate yourself with some real world lessons in reality.

You can't even go a full reply without lying... I most certainly said and have said before that police that step out of line should be punished to the full extent of the law... I don't have to prove a thing to you sir. You are just another arrogant elitist leftist. You voted for bernie maybe but you are no conservative... I'll give you a hint,,,, go check some ot the original George Floyd post.... and see what I had to say about the police office with the knee on his neck.

One does not burn down the house because it needs repair... unless of course you are a stinking leftist like you... If you were half as smart as you believe yourself to be you wouldn't be able to teach a pre school class... Your words give you away, you are anti police, anti America and you sure as heck don't have a clue about what anyone's real life is like... Your probably some sociology professor with no real life lessons to call upon... only some trash taught at some liberal school. You sure as heck should never tell someone else they need to educate themselves. You have done nothing here but spout blm talking points. A marxist anti American kill the police terrorists organization.

You totally failed at reading comprehension... the point between small town and big city is this. Small town usually conservative, races get along great everyone happy.... usually red on the voting map... big cities,,, blue on map, no one gets along, poverty, and racism abundant,,, just the way the dim party draws it up. Now goofus go educate yourself with some real world lessons in reality.

I didn’t vote for Bernie either. I would’ve thought you understood that means I have voted Republican (although I did not vote for either candidate in 2016) but your narrow worldview precludes you from reaching that conclusion. Suburban public high school to a business degree at UGA to a job in business now if my background provides a more clear picture.

I am impressed that you wear your ignorance so proudly on your sleeve. There’s a profound level of irony that you believe others to be the ones not thinking for themselves.

Last edited:

No, it's not bizarre, because he can't see past his prejudices. He sees things one way (influenced by what you said) and everybody else is so wrong. There is never discussion, just his way. He's right on punishing police who step out of line, but his definition of stepping out of line is different as you mentioned. I don't remember seeing you much here, but he has been posting his same party line month after month.

After reading his other replies to you, I'm editing. I didn't mention about his name calling because he refrained from that in the first post. However, he has returned to that in lieu of being able to respond to you. Same things over and over.

Last edited:
I agree, this conversation won't be non-political, but it would be interesting if we could discuss it without a lot of unnecessary insults.
Can we send responses to you for review prior to posting ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT