ADVERTISEMENT

Nd..Has anyone seen / heard younger children 5-10 spreading Covid to Adults?*

Considering all of my friends are parents of toddlers to elementary school age kids, whatever you say man. I can’t help you here.
Considering I have worked with and around kids that were elementary school age, known many kids that did online learning at an elementary school age from home, and had parents who worked as teachers and in the education system, I have a great idea of which I speak.

Reactions: celticdawg
Considering I have worked with and around kids that were elementary school age, known many kids that did online learning at an elementary school age from home, and had parents who worked as teachers and in the education system, I have a great idea of which I speak.
No, sir, you do not.

Worked with, lol. Hit us back up when you have children.

Reactions: ugateke24
Your attempts of what? To change my opinion on subject matter of which I have knowledge? Cool
Cool. Your vast knowledge will grow once you have children of your own, sir. I pray God blesses you with many.

Cool. Your vast knowledge will grow once you have children of your own, sir. I pray God blesses you with many.
As will yours when you have experience with online learning and the advantages it will have in a pandemic.

As will yours when you have experience with online learning and the advantages it will have in a pandemic.
Pretty sure I finished doing just that about one month ago. How long has it been since you had children?

Pretty sure I finished doing just that about one month ago. How long has it been since you had children?
You did? Did you graduate? If it was your kids, did they pass? If so, seems like it worked pretty dang well.
Also, I don’t have to have children to see the positive impact it has had, as I have seen it in tons and tons of other people’s children.

You did? Did you graduate? If it was your kids, did they pass? If so, seems like it worked pretty dang well.
Also, I don’t have to have children to see the positive impact it has had, as I have seen it in tons and tons of other people’s children.
I pray we can revisit this conversation after you have married and had children of your own.

I pray we can revisit this conversation after you have married and had children of your own.
I’m married. And I have nieces and nephews and have taken care of children for a great portion of my life.
Again, I don’t need to have my own kids in order to see how beneficial something can be. Just like I don’t have to have cancer to know how terrible it is.

Reactions: celticdawg
I’m married. And I have nieces and nephews and have taken care of children for a great portion of my life.
Again, I don’t need to have my own kids in order to see how beneficial something can be. Just like I don’t have to have cancer to know how terrible it is.
From your perspective, you may sympathize, but you may not empathize until you have done something yourself.

To truly UNDERSTAND the impact, it's not just necessary; it's required!
Not at all. Again, I can understand the impact and terribleness is cancer without having to experience it myself. Because I’ve seen it and am close to some who have had it who can tell me their experiences.

Not at all. Again, I can understand the impact and terribleness is cancer without having to experience it myself. Because I’ve seen it and am close to some who have had it who can tell me their experiences.
That's why the quote "experience is the best teacher" exists, right?

That's why the quote "experience is the best teacher" exists, right?
That saying means that you will learn from being in the situation, yourself. It does not mean it’s the ONLY way to gain knowledge of a particular subject or occurrence.

Too green, you just don’t know what you don’t know. 6,7, 8 year olds will not sit engaged in front of a computer for hours every day and learn as effectively as in person classes without the enormous help of parents chaperoning and effectively being teachers assistants. Those are the facts.

That saying means that you will learn from being in the situation, yourself. It does not mean it’s the ONLY way to gain knowledge of a particular subject or occurrence.
The quote doesn't say it's the ONLY! It says it's the BEST.

Too green, you just don’t know what you don’t know. 6,7, 8 year olds will not sit engaged in front of a computer for hours every day and learn as effectively as in person classes without the enormous help of parents chaperoning and effectively being teachers assistants. Those are the facts.
I literally worked with kids for many many years that ranged from ages 5-10. Lolol.
Also, it’s the teacher’s job to make the learning fun and engaging.
I never had a teacher’s assistant in school. But, the parents will still be able to help their kids. Online schooling does not mean parents will not help.

I have a son and a daughter working in Europe. Those countries still have not opened up anywhere near the USA.
Well, some countries stayed a bit more closed than others, like Germany. But almost EU countries opened To travel from other EU countries and many outside countries on either June 1st or June 15th. I have friends in Spain and they have been traveling around for their vacation for the past 2 weeks and most places are open they are just doing mask/distance stuff like we are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT