ADVERTISEMENT

Oh man 300 pages of classified material...wow...Stop the steal right guys....stop Trump stealing classif🤣🤣🤣🤣

yeah...

this is not going well for the former president. I am on record saying he will never face real concequences, but this latest fiasco is shaking my faith.

Hand it to him, anyone else would be under the jail already
For doing exactly as every other POTUS has done? GTFO.

Over the past 6 years, Trump has skunked FBI and DOJ, not so much because he’s brilliant but because they are so corrupt, and their cheerleading MSM has deluded them. This “raid” is much more likely to cause a much needed reset at the 3 letter clubs than it will ever cause harm to Trump. In fact, it’ll help him.

For doing exactly as every other POTUS has done? GTFO.

Over the past 6 years, Trump has skunked FBI and DOJ, not so much because he’s brilliant but because they are so corrupt, and their cheerleading MSM has deluded them. This “raid” is much more likely to cause a much needed reset at the 3 letter clubs than it will ever cause harm to Trump. In fact, it’ll help him.
"Trump not only had classified records at Mar-a-Lago, not only had TS/SCI classified records, he had Special Access Program classified information."

Trump’s big filing last night in the case is being universally panned as one of the most legally incompetent documents many people have ever seen. It even seems that Trump may have written some of the filing himself.

He has been unable to find a serious attorney to represent him on this matter, which doesn’t seem good given the seriousness of the charges involved.

Last edited:
Last week I read classification of docs wasn’t an issue at hand. So the doc retrieval is the gotcha? They were looking for 150 docs and took every doc from his time in office? The FBI continues leaking select statements, also. The nuclear weapons news cycle was old clearly.

Only 300 pages? I think Sandy Berger had more than that in his underwear when he was stealing them for the Clintons.
He had six copies of the same document that was related to the Clinton administration's performance in the lead in to 9/11. He pled to probation and lost his law license.

Sketchy behaviour, as was often found around the Clintons. I wouldn't doubt Bill and Hillary would attempt to cover up missteps leading up to 9/11. Don't look to me to make excuses for those two.

It is important to note that in 2018 Trump himself significantly increased the penalties for mishandling government documents so a direct comparison of the two situations doesn't hold up.
what did hillary have?
There is no evidence and no testimony that Hillary had any emails that were categorized in the highest few levels of classification. Trump apparently had multiple documents at the two highest levels of classification, he has now demonstrated that he knew he had the documents, and he refused multiple opportunities to return them as the law demands.

His current legal argument seems to consist of throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, which works fantastically for Trump in many instances but probably won't in this one.

giphy.gif

Seems Murdoch is spreading out his bets just to be safe.

Look for News Corp to complete their swing to DeSantis sometime soon.

Reactions: LawDawg6
According to the NYT, they knew about the papers back in January. And took them, how long to get them? 8 months? There’s some serious incompetence right there.
Trust them. There is probably a good reason the DOJ and FBI still feel the need to leak narratives to the NYT on an every-other-day basis. Total professionals.

This new "info" tells us literally nothing new. What was the leak three weeks ago...15 boxes of classified docs? Now we've got 150 docs that were collected? What about those "nuclear weapons related" docs of paramount importance that "COULD" have been included?

The usual media personalities will of course run with it though.

There is no evidence and no testimony that Hillary had any emails that were categorized in the highest few levels of classification.
That is incorrect. Even Comey acknowledged that in the bizarre press conference where he summarized the many laws she broke but said no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the case. Comey used the term “top secret” to describe the emails in question instead of being more precise with the term TS-SAP.

But multiple main stream media outlets reported that she handled SAP level documents on a bathroom server. That is the IT equivalent of leaving the documents in a trash bin on your sidewalk.

Here is link to one example of those media reports. It’s all out there. You just have to look it up.

Mash

There are 2 sets of justice in the United States for political figures.

According to the NYT, they knew about the papers back in January. And took them, how long to get them? 8 months? There’s some serious incompetence right there.

This letter explains it all and I would say that was an awful lot of asking nicely to the former Pres. It's ridiculous it's come down to this and resources are being used for a childish "but the docs are mine" when they aren't.

That is incorrect. Even Comey acknowledged that in the bizarre press conference where he summarized the many laws she broke but said no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the case. Comey used the term “top secret” to describe the emails in question instead of being more precise with the term TS-SAP.

But multiple main stream media outlets reported that she handled SAP level documents on a bathroom server. That is the IT equivalent of leaving the documents in a trash bin on your sidewalk.

Here is link to one example of those media reports. It’s all out there. You just have to look it up.

Mash

There are 2 sets of justice in the United States for political figures.
I stand corrected, with the caveat that the answer is more nuanced than a simple yes or no on the presence of classified documents, given the majority of the documents in Hillary's emails did not have the proper labeling required for all classified documents.

Don't look to me to defend the Clintons. Regardless, given the labeling issue (all of Trump's documents were very clearly labeled) and the fact that Trump significantly increased the teeth of the law related to the mishandling of government documents, the comparison between the two situations doesn't hold up very well.

Reactions: LawDawg6
Don't look to me to defend the Clintons.
Fair enough. I don’t think anyone defends the Clintons at this point.

But this isn’t about the Clintons. What the left doesn’t appreciate and will not acknowledge is that political figures on the left are not investigated and prosecuted in the same manner as political figures on the right.

There are two sets of justice when it comes to political figures.

So be patient with conservatives when these topics come up.

You can’t consider the current Trump situation without viewing it through the lens of blatant past abuses of justice by the FBI and other government entities for purely political purposes.

This letter explains it all and I would say that was an awful lot of asking nicely to the former Pres. It's ridiculous it's come down to this and resources are being used for a childish "but the docs are mine" when they aren't.

It shows that the urgency was nil, and that the docs are worthless. But dems will claim otherwise

funny watching the dems continue to hate Trump and the weakness in the case against him, while overlooking anything a dem candidate has done wrong.

Dems would literally bitch, whine complain and demand jail for trump for something so simple throwing used gum on the sidewalk, if the Chinese were simultaneously landing on the shores of the west coast with their military for a full scale invasion.

They don't show a care in the world for over 5 million illegals haveing invaded our country since capton dementia took over, or that inflation is the highest it has been in a multitude of decades, or that the govt is weaponizing its unelected agencies against its citizens, we can't execute an orderly withdrawal from Afghanistan, the govt working diligently to require digital currency in the near future, food shortages ramping up, unlimited taxpayer funds sent to a corrupt Ukrainian govt, covid vaccines now being proven s a waste of money, with the govt creating and capitalizing on mass fear and hysteria from the public. No, by all means, lets concentrate on trump taking home records which he has plenary power to declassify and stored exactly as the govt offices suggested. yeah lets bitch about that, which refusing to say a peep about obama having in his possession classified documents still in which the archives have been requesting teh return of since he left office, and he still hasn't complied. yep, i'm glad the dems have their priorities straight

Last edited:
Fair enough. I don’t think anyone defends the Clintons at this point.

But this isn’t about the Clintons. What the left doesn’t appreciate and will not acknowledge is that political figures on the left are not investigated and prosecuted in the same manner as political figures on the right.

There are two sets of justice when it comes to political figures.

So be patient with conservatives when these topics come up.

You can’t consider the current Trump situation without viewing it through the lens of blatant past abuses of justice by the FBI and other government entities for purely political purposes.
Do you really feel Bill and Hillary weren’t vigorously investigated? I won’t bother to list all of the investigations again as I'm sure you know them as well as I do. Hillary spent over eleven hours testifying in front of congress under oath on just Benghazi and the emails. Whitewater lasted eight years in total and in the end they only got him on lying about the BJ. Overall, that’s a lot of investigation time.

It shows that the urgency was nil, and that the docs are worthless. But dems will claim otherwise
This perfectly summarizes the hypocrisy of the entire argument defending Trump.

On the one hand, Trump has executive power, deserves endless deference, they never should have searched his property.

On the other hand, the Archives and DOJ extended deference to a former POTUS and gave Trump endless opportunities to return documents that don't belong to him and the fact that they didn't immediately storm MAL means none of those documents are in any way important.

Reminder, a Trump lawyer certified that all of the requested documents had been returned in June and an informant communicated that this was far from the truth.

You see the conflict in those two positions?

Trump’s big filing last night in the case is being universally panned as one of the most legally incompetent documents many people have ever seen. It even seems that Trump may have written some of the filing himself.

He has been unable to find a serious attorney to represent him on this matter, which doesn’t seem good given the seriousness of the charges involved.

So will gets his legal opinions from a biased NYT reporter, got it.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I stand corrected, with the caveat that the answer is more nuanced than a simple yes or no on the presence of classified documents, given the majority of the documents in Hillary's emails did not have the proper labeling required for all classified documents.

Don't look to me to defend the Clintons. Regardless, given the labeling issue (all of Trump's documents were very clearly labeled) and the fact that Trump significantly increased the teeth of the law related to the mishandling of government documents, the comparison between the two situations doesn't hold up very well.

Yes of course it is more nuanced, to those that want to protect the scum democrat criminals getting away with all kinds of illegal crap.

Do you really feel Bill and Hillary weren’t vigorously investigated? I won’t bother to list all of the investigations again as I'm sure you know them as well as I do. Hillary spent over eleven hours testifying in front of congress under oath on just Benghazi and the emails. Whitewater lasted eight years in total and in the end they only got him on lying about the BJ. Overall, that’s a lot of investigation time.

This perfectly summarizes the hypocrisy of the entire argument defending Trump.

On the one hand, Trump has executive power, deserves endless deference, they never should have searched his property.

On the other hand, the Archives and DOJ extended deference to a former POTUS and gave Trump endless opportunities to return documents that don't belong to him and the fact that they didn't immediately storm MAL means none of those documents are in any way important.

Reminder, a Trump lawyer certified that all of the requested documents had been returned in June and an informant communicated that this was far from the truth.

You see the conflict in those two positions?
What I say is if Trump is found guilty of something bad enough to merit the double standard of the fbi/doj I will apologize. I'm willing to bet you will claim from now till judgment day Trump is guilty of something nefarious (russia, russia, russia) even if it is proven this was nothing but a political attack by the dim party, just like russia russia russia. LOL you fellas are special.

Do you really feel Bill and Hillary weren’t vigorously investigated?
Of course they were investigated, but I might quibble with whether it was done “vigorously.”

Again, what I am saying is that there are 2 sets of justice when it comes to political figures on the left and right.

Here are two examples:

Comey and the justice department did not pursue prosecuting Hillary for mishandling classified SAP documents. It was clearly established that she possessed and mishandled them.

The Justice department claimed that she had no intent to harm the United States by her actions. I will stipulate that this is true for arguments sake.

But federal law provides for a sliding scale of penalties, with intent to harm the US at the top of the possible penalties. She very clearly could have been prosecuted for willfully mishandling top secret SAP documents even though she had no intent to harm the US. Others have been punished for less.

To say that no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the case was a political excuse without legal standing given to protect a candidate for President.

Ask yourself honestly, would the current Justice department apply the same standard to Trump if the circumstances were reversed?

The second example is how the Crossfire Hurricane investigation originated. Of course, I think we can all agree that the Russia collusion story was a hoax, and the Justice department was aware of that from the beginning.

Yet the federal government lied on multiple FISA warrants so that surveillance of a candidate for President could be initiated. And no one has paid the price for that except a lowly attorney, and he got off easy.

Let that sink in. The awesome powers of the federal government were unleashed on a political opponent when they knew the predicate was based on false information, and they continued to lie to the court so that surveillance could continue.

These are just two examples of how there are 2 sets of Justice for those on the left and right.

yeah...

this is not going well for the former president. I am on record saying he will never face real concequences, but this latest fiasco is shaking my faith.

Hand it to him, anyone else would be under the jail already
Then why is the Hildabeast not under the jail.

What I say is if Trump is found guilty of something bad enough to merit the double standard of the fbi/doj I will apologize. I'm willing to bet you will claim from now till judgment day Trump is guilty of something nefarious (russia, russia, russia) even if it is proven this was nothing but a political attack by the dim party, just like russia russia russia. LOL you fellas are special.
that is not proven.
Then why is the Hildabeast not under the jail.
because the IG of the Department of State found carelessness (consistent with previous practices) but no wrongdoing.

She also is not and was never President and her conduct (carelessness) has been investegated ad nauseum AND Comey and the FBI basically ensured she didn't become President with the October 2016 announcement.

Talk about derangement syndrome.

Yes of course it is more nuanced, to those that want to protect the scum democrat criminals getting away with all kinds of illegal crap.
The situation is more nuanced for the reasons I listed, but I understand that in your world this is literally the fight between good and evil. No doubt this limits any potential dialogue on the topic.

The situation is more nuanced for the reasons I listed, but I understand that in your world this is literally the fight between good and evil. No doubt this limits any potential dialogue on the topic.
@wildup - what is your take on all the leaks to the NYT’s. Is Garland and company under so much pressure to justify the raid and/or was the latest info collected not as damming as expected so they are in damage control.

I tend to think the former but if they found anything ultra damming I suspect it gets leaked too. I wouldn’t wager either way. I think they (Justice Dept) is realing from the blowback . No one appeared prepared - Trumps B team attorneys, the FBI agents who took to much (Expected more of Wray who I still like )or the Justice Dept who didn’t seem to think it was such a big deal.

One thing I will praise the Trump team about, not going public immediately while raid was occurring. It could have gotten ugly fast.

Kurt Eichenwald is certainly the master of bogus legal filings. He sued someone for replying to him with a GIF on Twitter.

Gotta say, your “sources” get worse by the day.

Reactions: Bells76
Kurt Eichenwald is certainly the master of bogus legal filings. He sued someone for replying to him with a GIF on Twitter.

It was incorrectly filed, it apparently contains references to caselaw that doesn't exist, etc. etc. I agree on Eichenwald, but it is not just him, it is many lawyers reviewing the "complaint."

Fee free to share anyone you have praising the mastery of Trump’s filing last night, or make the argument yourself. Guessing you would rather focus on the source than on the filing.

It was incorrectly filed, it apparently contains references to caselaw that doesn't exist, etc. etc. I agree on Eichenwald, but it is not just him, it is many lawyers reviewing the "complaint."

Fair enough. Just had to laugh at the hypocrisy of Eichenwald calling anything "ridiculous".

@wildup - what is your take on all the leaks to the NYT’s. Is Garland and company under so much pressure to justify the raid and/or was the latest info collected not as damming as expected so they are in damage control.

I tend to think the former but if they found anything ultra damming I suspect it gets leaked too. I wouldn’t wager either way. I think they (Justice Dept) is realing from the blowback . No one appeared prepared - Trumps B team attorneys, the FBI agents who took to much (Expected more of Wray who I still like )or the Justice Dept who didn’t seem to think it was such a big deal.

One thing I will praise the Trump team about, not going public immediately while raid was occurring. It could have gotten ugly fast.
What are we assuming the FBI or DOJ has leaked at this point? Trump publicized the raid itself, he publicized the warrant (with the agents names unredacted, obviously) and Trump ally John Solomon made the highly questionable decision to publicize the letter the archives sent to Trump on May 10th, which dismantles a number of the lines of defense trump and his supporters have offered up so far.

I'm assuming the information prior to the letter released last night relates to the contents of what was sought and what was found. Of course, I suspect if Trump had not announced the raid, there wouldn't be leaks at this point.

With the challenged filing from Trump's legal team last night and the Solomon letter, DOJ won't have to leak much more as they respond to what trump has chosen to make public.

Trump is exceptional at managing messaging and owning the narrative, it is truly his super power. Regarding DOJ/FBI leaks, I'm guessing they have decided they aren't going to allow his assertions to go unchallenged for an extended period of time. Think of how many theories trump and team have promoted since the raid last week? It is endless and he has a base that will believe anything he says, even when it is shown to not be supported by the facts at a later date.

I don't have much of an opinion beyond that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT