ADVERTISEMENT

On the flu, covid other sicknesses..

NedRacineDawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
I had the flu when I was about 14, got the flu shot a few times and then thought better. Have not had any of the vaccines and haver never been sick from an illness other than a weird nose infection 20 years ago other than a food type stomach type 24 hour deal. 68 years old.

I see many folks here who are sick quite a bit. Is this normal are just a few folks posting who are sick all the time?

With a community this big, you are going to see a spectrum of immunity and sickness represented.

I believe you are seeing a relatively small subset who are frequently sick and actively post about it.

I am rarely sick and have missed one day of work due to sickness the past 25 years. I wish good health to all Ventors. Good health is precious and should not be taken for granted, especially as one gets older.

Last time I was really sick, jack nicholas won the masters. I had various strains of mild flu when reffing bball. Seems like each school had its own variant, but I wasn’t that sick. I dint miss a game or anything like that.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Guessing some people have more contact due to types of professions. If you have a job where you are up constantly in people’s grill or working with students, kids, … or maybe being a cashier. You’d have to be very hygienic and lucky to make it unscathed.

I never got Covid despite accidentally sleeping in the same bed with my wife who had it for the first 3 days. Hadn’t had anything bigger than mild sinus infection in 5 years, but got a mild flu 2 weeks ago— mild thanks to the shot I assume.

Whenever I’m sick I make sure to milk it though. I can’t do chores, talk on the phone, or really anything that I don’t feel like doing for at least a week.

Five years ago when you got sick, you dealt with it and didn't post about it and you didn't tell people you got tested for the Wuhan. Get over it people, it's the old fashion flu or a bad cold. Live with it and stop worrying about it.

A lot of things go into that, and this topic could derail quickly and get a few sent to Chile lol. I’ll also add your diet plays a huge role in it as well. And some people have an amazing immune system. We are rarely sick other than my wife who has been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. But with the right things she gets ahead of most of it. But as stated in the other thread whatever this crap is hit my wife and I hard. I’m better this morning and she’s dealing with the brunt of it.

I had the flu when I was about 14, got the flu shot a few times and then thought better. Have not had any of the vaccines and haver never been sick from an illness other than a weird nose infection 20 years ago other than a food type stomach type 24 hour deal. 68 years old.

I see many folks here who are sick quite a bit. Is this normal are just a few folks posting who are sick all the time?
I wish we could back to the days before vaccines, when life expectancy was 100 or so.

Yeah not entirely true. Takes a good bit of actual research, and you have to look for it. Vaccines are worse than when I was a child in the 80’s early 90’s.
"Research"... It's so hip these days.

• Haha
Reactions: JDawgX

few folks that are obsessed with covid

I'm telling you the Flu is NO joke this year. Highly contagious. I rarely get sick. About 1x every 3/4 years I get a 24-hour bug. I have never taken the flu shot (there is a reason). I walk/jog 1500 miles/year; take a few high quality vitamins, etc... But the FLU got me this year. For 2 weeks. Fever for 8 days; early coughing; so hard it felt like I broke a rib; sinus headaches; burst respiratory blood vessels from coughing; chest and terrible nasal congestion for over a week; other things... It is much more prevalent than the Covid strain right now. Hospitals are full of Flu patients. Yes, some people over-medicate themselves to death. But the flu is an ass-kicker this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: celticdawg
... it's the old fashion flu or a bad cold. Live with it and stop worrying about it.
there is NOTHING old-fashioned about the flu this year. A cold? hahahaha!!! if you have family or friend w/flu, that is a pretty insensitive comment. Particularly if they are older. The flu is deadly. It's worse than the current Covid strain. Funny thing, is I would and have said the same things you did in the past. Until this year.

Look at my comments above.

Last edited:
Just curious, those of you who have the flu this year (and I'm taking your word that its bad), did you have the covid shot?

Reactions: poochpup
Just curious, those of you who have the flu this year (and I'm taking your word that its bad), did you have the covid shot?
yes. did the 1st two. I have NO plans to do any more. My COVID vaccines were that first wave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT