ADVERTISEMENT

Photos to tug at your heart

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
$

A surgeon rests after a performing a successful heart transplant operation that lasted 23 hours. His assistant sleeps in the right corner.

$

Here, a woman finds a new way to dine alone—together. With a cherished photo of her late husband on hand, she enjoys her tribute in an intimate booth. "My girlfriend works here," the original poster captioned the image. "This woman's husband passed away, but she still has lunch with him every day."

$

Kentucky police dog Figo pays his respects to partner Jason Ellis, a 33-years-old officer killed in an ambush five days earlier. "Figo was almost giving him that final hug goodbye. I think that picture brought more tears than anything," Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin told the Daily News in 2013.

$

In 2013, 77-year-old Larry Swilling took to the streets with this heart-wrenching sandwich board. Swilling's wife, Jimmy Sue, was born with one kidney, which later proved insufficient after the trauma of childbirth. "I'm trying," Larry told CBS of his efforts. "I had to do something."Shortly after his quest went viral, a kidney donor for Jimmy Sue came forward.

$

At the Hospital Infantil Sabara in Sao Paolo, Brazil, a window cleaner dressed as Superman waves to two-year-old Joao Bertola and his father. Look closely and see how their hands connect through the glass. A fellow window washer—dressed as Captain America—later surfaced for an equally touching encounter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT