ADVERTISEMENT

Political commentary during games yesterday: how bad was it?...

Random Dawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2016
I didn’t watch gameday yesterday but was excited to have some college football on in the background as the 1:00 game began. Right as I turned it on, they focused in on E. Kentucky’s shirts and started that discussion which led to me changing it to This Old House. I didn’t bother turning on any football the rest of the day.

I have my assumptions but for all I know, they could’ve just briefly mentioned the shirts and then focused on football the rest of the game. I’m just curious how much political commentary took place in not only that game, but the others as well.

On ESPN it was appallingly bad at some points which isn’t surprising from what we’ve seen from them lately.

CBS sports kept it between the lines and talked only about football while I watched.

Get ready for this to be shoved down your throat this fall.

If this problem is as real as they say it is, why are all their martyrs felons and drug peddlers resisting arrest?

On ESPN it was appallingly bad at some points which isn’t surprising from what we’ve seen from them lately.

CBS sports kept it between the lines and talked only about football while I watched.

Get ready for this to be shoved down your throat this fall.

If this problem is as real as they say it is, why are all their martyrs felons and drug peddlers resisting arrest?
Won’t be a problem for me. I’m already totally done with professional sports and it appears that college isn’t far behind. I’ll dump college sports in a NY minute and tell the school donation solicitors to KMA.

Well, it’s sounding like I might have to get back to the good ole days of just tuning in on the radio (gonna be aggravating bc I’m not a big Howard fan when it comes to football; he’s okay as basketball) since most of our games will be on an ESPN Channel.

I didn’t watch gameday yesterday but was excited to have some college football on in the background as the 1:00 game began. Right as I turned it on, they focused in on E. Kentucky’s shirts and started that discussion which led to me changing it to This Old House. I didn’t bother turning on any football the rest of the day.

I have my assumptions but for all I know, they could’ve just briefly mentioned the shirts and then focused on football the rest of the game. I’m just curious how much political commentary took place in not only that game, but the others as well.
It was bad......had to mute them.

I don’t watch to hurt ESPN pocket and I’m about to tell my cable people to drop the sports channels! Enough is enough with the fake crying by herbie.

to me it looked like that fake cry that a criminal does after he’s been caught lol.

it was very true odd and never seen someone so hard to make himself cry but couldn’t really do it.

I imagine herbie is a bit of a sociopath.

Didn’t watch and not going to watch so it’s not going to be a problem for me . What they should talk about is follow officers commands . Stop watching you tube lawyers and fight your case in court . Also don’t turn simple things into a felony charge. Life will be peachy .

Also if don’t like the police stop calling the police for stupid stuff that should be worked out among yourselves. Stop hitting women or man and treat each other with respect .

that’s what should have been said . Until that is said I’m not watching it so it’s probably going to be a never again .

Last edited:
Well, it’s sounding like I might have to get back to the good ole days of just tuning in on the radio (gonna be aggravating bc I’m not a big Howard fan when it comes to football; he’s okay as basketball) since most of our games will be on an ESPN Channel.
I have found that listening to Donnan on youtube during our game is the best thing since Munson.

What sort of device do you use to sync up the radio and television broadcast?

I'm casting the game to the TV with my phone and using my iPad to listen to Radi on the UGA Sports You Tube Channel. I just have to pause Radi's stream for a few seconds to sync them. Coach Donnan has some real insight as to what's happening on the field. Really enjoyed it last year.

I don’t watch to hurt ESPN pocket and I’m about to tell my cable people to drop the sports channels! Enough is enough with the fake crying by herbie.

to me it looked like that fake cry that a criminal does after he’s been caught lol.

it was very true odd and never seen someone so hard to make himself cry but couldn’t really do it.

I imagine herbie is a bit of a sociopath.
Pay checks before honesty and truth.

I don’t think I heard Any on cbs. I’ll admit I did fall asleep a few times in my chair. NBC and ESPN did a few times which turned me off.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg

All this talk and articles yesterday about Eastern Kentucky’s focus on social justice this summer. They final take the field and Marshall beats their arse 45-0. I guess they forget to work in some practice -LOL

Won’t be a problem for me. I’m already totally done with professional sports and it appears that college isn’t far behind. I’ll dump college sports in a NY minute and tell the school donation solicitors to KMA.
I could not agree more with you! I have told my wife, we will walk away from college football and UGA football if they politicize the game. I have enjoyed it all my life, but it is a form of entertainment. I can easily find other things to occupy my time and enjoy my South Georgia farm this fall. I opted out for buying more tickets and no tailgating to boot. What’s the point? I will watch as long as they don’t get political. I fear they will and they will find out American citizens care more about their nation than a sport if they push it.

All this talk and articles yesterday about Eastern Kentucky’s focus on social justice this summer. They final take the field and Marshall beats their arse 45-0. I guess they forget to work in some practice -LOL
Correction 59-0.

As I get older and have less and less in common with the athletes playing the game, my interest level has faded. Every yr during preseason, I plan on cutting back the time I spend watching the preseason shows and reading publications. But when the real games kick off, I'm there just like always.

I don't think I could ever stop watching the Dawgs and I can't imagine not being interested in watching UFK vs UF type games but some of the same things that caused me to completely ignore pro sports are creeping into the college game. I don't want to see daily tributes to Ronald Reagan on sports programming and I don't want leftist propaganda either. If this stuff doesn't die down (and I don't expect it to on ESPN) my Saturdays may be spent in the mountains doing family functions rather than watching the sport I love die.

Last edited:
As I get older and have less and less in common with the athletes playing the game, my interest level has faded. Every yr during preseason, I plan on cutting back the time I spend watching the preseason shows and reading publications. But when the real games kick off, I'm always there just like always.

I don't think I could ever stop watching the Dawgs and I can't imagine not being interested in watching UFK vs UF type games but some of the same things that caused me to completely ignore pro sports are creeping into the college game. I don't want to see daily tributes to Ronald Reagan on sports programming and I don't want leftist propaganda either. If this stuff doesn't die down (and I don't expect it to on ESPN) my Saturdays may be spent in the mountains doing family functions rather than watching the sport I love die.
I would LOVE to see daily tributes to Ronald Reagan on a sports show....but that has never happened, and it never will. It would be absurd to those producers, so nobody ever thinks about it. Not Leftists, and not Reagan fans. Just would never ever happen. We got Obama tributes, but I dont recall any Reagan tributes.

But, I think it is FANTASTIC that Notre Dame begins every game with a prayer and a reading of the preamble to the Constitution. Neither of those things have a single thing to do with a sporting event. But I love em. Those 2 things make the Lefties see red because they ruin their sports for them. They fight with all their might to defeat those 2 things every day in their lives.

These idiots have absolutely no understanding of history if they believe the last year in America has brought the most racial injustice we’ve ever seen. America is the least racist civilization in the history of the world.

So these college athletes trying to do something about their world are idiots. You were probably disappointed he didn't use BLM so you could really jump all over him.

No, the idiots are those that just don't think there is a problem as Trevor was discussing. Just pretend it doesn't exist. It works well with the Holocaust so why not do it here.

So these college athletes trying to do something about their world are idiots. You were probably disappointed he didn't use BLM so you could really jump all over him.

No, the idiots are those that just don't think there is a problem as Trevor was discussing. Just pretend it doesn't exist. It works well with the Holocaust so why not do it here.
Some of the problem exists and some is a power grab. Whatever the situation, these nimrod athletes don't really know enough of the truth to be spouting off their mouths. They are watching provocative incitement and interpreting it as gospel.
"do something about their world". What a joke. You're as pathetically ignorant as they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT