ADVERTISEMENT

Poll Shows Majority of Dems Love the Dictator Trudeau

Spe77

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2017
Tallahassee

A majority of likely Democratic voters support Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s use of emergency powers to crack down on Freedom Convoy protesters last week.

A new poll from Trafalgar Group and Convention of States Action and provided exclusively to The Daily Wire shows that 55% of likely general election voters disapprove of Trudeau’s handling of the protesters. Thirty-five percent approve of Trudeau’s heavy-handed tactics and 10% said they were unaware of what was happening north of the U.S. border.

Trafalgar Group surveyed 1080 likely general election voters from February 18-20 after Trudeau brought federal, provincial, and local law enforcement into Ottawa to forcibly clear out hundreds of protesters and dozens of vehicles from Parliament Hill and surrounding areas. The poll’s margin of error is 3%.

Democrats overwhelmingly favored Trudeau’s response with 65% approval to 17% disapproval. Republican responses were weighted even more heavily against Trudeau, however, with 87% of likely GOP voters disapproving to just 8% approving. Respondents who said they did not belong to either one of the two main parties cut against Trudeau’s crackdown with 74% disapproving versus 21% approving.

Last edited:

A majority of likely Democratic voters support Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s use of emergency powers to crack down on Freedom Convoy protesters last week.

A new poll from Trafalgar Group and Convention of States Action and provided exclusively to The Daily Wire shows that 55% of likely general election voters disapprove of Trudeau’s handling of the protesters. Thirty-five percent approve of Trudeau’s heavy-handed tactics and 10% said they were unaware of what was happening north of the U.S. border.

Trafalgar Group surveyed 1080 likely general election voters from February 18-20 after Trudeau brought federal, provincial, and local law enforcement into Ottawa to forcibly clear out hundreds of protesters and dozens of vehicles from Parliament Hill and surrounding areas. The poll’s margin of error is 3%.

Democrats overwhelmingly favored Trudeau’s response with 65% approval to 17% disapproval. Republican responses were weighted even more heavily against Trudeau, however, with 87% of likely GOP voters disapproving to just 8% approving. Respondents who said they did not belong to either one of the two main parties cut against Trudeau’s crackdown with 74% disapproving versus 21% approving.
Not too surprising since they are the party of big govt. The USA is trending the Truedope way. Free speech, freedom of religion and freedom of press are already being infringed upon.

Not too surprising since they are the party of big govt. The USA is trending the Truedope way. Free speech, freedom of religion and freedom of press are already being infringed upon.
Also, the disregard for the sovereignty of our country , letting the southern border be over run by illegals from all over the world ...they have lost their minds !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Question and looking for honest debate here, why do you say Trudeau is a dictator?

Question and looking for honest debate here, why do you say Trudeau is a dictator?

Are you for real? He suspended parliament with his emergency act. Martial law at this point. Canadian govt is currently locking and stealing money from citizen’s bank accounts. It goes on. Don’t watch so much CNN

Last edited:
You must be one of the perpetually offended to think that or to even still be talking about trump
This argument just will never not boggle my mind
1) Republicans will never stop talking about Hillary - it's been on this list for days now and she was never President!
2) Trump is still the most important figure on the right. He's endorsing candidates everywhere. etc.

Are you for real? He suspended parliament with his emergency act. Close close to martial law at this point. Canadian govt is currently locking and stealing money from citizen’s bank accounts. It goes on. Don’t watch so much CNN
Again not trying to be a troll but do you have a link to your claims?

1) Republicans will never stop talking about Hillary - it's been on this list for days now and she was never President!
2) Trump is still the most important figure on the right. He's endorsing candidates everywhere. etc.

1. once Trump beat her, most people never thought of her much since. What has she done to talk about. Nothing.
2. amazing that Trump still has the ability to hurt your delicate sensibilities.

Reactions: WyoDawg307
Again not trying to be a troll but do you have a link to your claims?

Also been freezing crypto wallets all over

1. once Trump beat her, most people never thought of her much since. What has she done to talk about. Nothing.
2. amazing that Trump still has the ability to hurt your delicate sensibilities.
1 ) you obviously don't follow this list or... politics.... much ... after the Durham filing last week it has been all anyone talked about here or anywhere in the right wing Republican news silo.

and 2) are you twelve?

1 ) you obviously don't follow this list or... politics.... much ... after the Durham filing last week it has been all anyone talked about here or anywhere in the right wing Republican news silo.

and 2) are you twelve?

BS. All I have heard is Ukraine. Which is much less of a problem than Canada for anyone that values freedoms and liberty.
2. no, I’m not the one that had to be given hot chocolate and puppies to pet when my candidate didn’t win. Nor do I get offended and set my political ideologies around another persons tweets I don’t like

Reactions: WyoDawg307
Are you trolling?

BS. All I have heard is Ukraine. Which is much less of a problem than Canada for anyone that values freedoms and liberty.
2. no, I’m not the one that had to be given hot chocolate and puppies to pet when my candidate didn’t win. Nor do I get offended and set my political ideologies around another persons tweets I don’t like
Wow

and 2) are you twelve?
People aren't allowed to discuss legal proceedings against political figures and Democrats aren't allowed to think for themselves on any issue and must simply tow the prevailing party line.

Got it.

Reactions: Bells76

The definition of a “liberal” has definitely changed

People aren't allowed to discuss legal proceedings against political figures and Democrats aren't allowed to think for themselves on any issue and must simply tow the prevailing party line.

Got it.
Democrats arent allowed to think for themselves? You don’t think the same about Republicans? The only one (repub) I can remember willing to step outside of party lines recently is Liz Cheney.

Democrats arent allowed to think for themselves? You don’t think the same about Republicans? The only one (repub) I can remember willing to step outside of party lines recently is Liz Cheney.
Kinzinger. She was censured, he was forced to quit politics. This is the problem with a two party system where big corporate donors control platforms and / cash flow.

Reactions: CocoDawg
It was a snarky comment from yesterday's Tulsi thread in which it was claimed that Tulsi isn't a Democrat since some of her politics don't align with the platform being forced from the top down.

Naturally, I must conclude that this person believes one cannot be a Democrat unless subscribing to every political opinion of the dominant force of that party.

I'm assuming this person doesn't believe Manchin and Sinema are Democrats either since they aren't blindly push the Democratic agenda on every topic.

Of course the same happens with Republicans, hence the RINO designation for people who don't represent the "true" intentions of the party. But Republicans weren't the focus so that's why they weren't mentioned in that context.

I find it sad that so many people believe right and wrong are determined by party and not by individuals. I miss the days when an elected official attempted to best represent the interests of constituents instead of representing a national party and whoever controls said party.

I thought the democrats were all about preserving the democratic process regarding elections. They don’t even care if their freedoms are gone. As long as their lives stay the same. It is funny that the word comrade seemed to begin when describing a Russian. Comrade Trudeau had massive popularity amongst the far left crazies. Strange times.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
It was a snarky comment from yesterday's Tulsi thread in which it was claimed that Tulsi isn't a Democrat since some of her politics don't align with the platform being forced from the top down.

Naturally, I must conclude that this person believes one cannot be a Democrat unless subscribing to every political opinion of the dominant force of that party.

I'm assuming this person doesn't believe Manchin and Sinema are Democrats either since they aren't blindly push the Democratic agenda on every topic.

Of course the same happens with Republicans, hence the RINO designation for people who don't represent the "true" intentions of the party. But Republicans weren't the focus so that's why they weren't mentioned in that context.

I find it sad that so many people believe right and wrong are determined by party and not by individuals. I miss the days when an elected official attempted to best represent the interests of constituents instead of representing a national party and whoever controls said party.
No doubt

Could not agree more. It is bad on both sides, but one side has clearly gone over the edge. It used to be nice to actually see what someone really stood for. The democrats lost me with all of this hatred of America stuff. Mike’s comment about not being proud of this country until they elected his wife. This is the first man of the most powerful job in the world saying this. I totally agree with you. We are off the axis for sure. I am joking about this a little, but you are right. This all comes with a steep price.

It wasn't all snark > Gabbard has made common cause with authoritarians and also is speaking at CPAC, these are facts, so I don't know what she is now.

Let's correct the context though: the OP in that thread used the fact that she was a Dem to validate / reinforce the criticism of Harris. I was using snark, yes, to point out that IF she's still a Dem (obviously she started that way, and perhaps her domestic policy bones are still progressive, I am not sure because she's neither an elected official nor running for anything) her own foreign policy leanings are no better than anyone else's.

otherwise, we agree on the dehumanizing uselessness of our party designations. Anyone want to roll back Citizen's United with me?

Last edited:
How do you feel about what is happening in Canada?

and 2) are you twelve?

You mean, the unfreezing of assets now that the protesters are finally going home, after having been given any number of chances under their laws? All this without recourse to military action, which might have escalated things instead of quelling them? And with referrals to law enforcement for those who broke laws?

I am fine with all that. The Canadians have their laws, we have ours. Trudeau seems not to have abused his powers. etc.

Reactions: shonuff253
You mean, the unfreezing of assets now that the protesters are finally going home, after having been given any number of chances under their laws? All this without recourse to military action, which might have escalated things instead of quelling them? And with referrals to law enforcement for those who broke laws?

I am fine with all that. The Canadians have their laws, we have ours. Trudeau seems not to have abused his powers. etc.
Clown.

Now show me where/how this force is necessary.

If you can't see what is happening then you deserve what is coming.

Was this force necessary?

It wasn't all snark > Gabbard has made common cause with authoritarians and also is speaking at CPAC, these are facts, so I don't know what she is now.

Let's correct the context though: the OP in that thread used the fact that she was a Dem to validate / reinforce the criticism of Harris. I was using snark, yes, to point out that IF she's still a Dem (obviously she started that way, and perhaps her domestic policy bones are still progressive, I am not sure because she's neither an elected official nor running for anything) her own foreign policy leanings are no better than anyone else's.

otherwise, we agree on the dehumanizing uselessness of our party designations. Anyone want to roll back Citizen's United with me?
When I pointed out that she went after Hillary as a Democrat holding office and seeking the Democratic nomination, you resolved that to a conspiracy based Hillary obsessed take.

I was simply pointing out that she's gone against the grain of the powerful Democrats before her recent comments away from serving. So whether she officially switches parties or not is irrelevant to the fact that she's at least been true to her beliefs and not just trying to appease the party masters at all times.

I don't agree with all of Tusli's positions, but she came off to me as the only adult in the 2020 election and so I planned to vote for her in the primary simply because I wanted her to stay on the debate stage. Unfortunately the Democrats picked their candidate before the GA primary and had already trashed her so there was really nothing presidential to vote for until the general election.

I've talked about Republicans plenty over the years and still will when they are the topic of a thread I'm participating in, but the Democratic party is absolute trash right now and they essentially have the ball with Biden at the top so they're going to get most of my attention right now.

There's no agenda on my part other than to discuss the issues of the day. I don't hate anyone on this board. I have plenty of friends and family across the political spectrum including on issues I'm absolutely against. Life is complicated and I'm not turning my back on people just because of a difference of opinion, but I will hold fast in my own beliefs and pray for everyone's salvation in the end.

Reactions: nice marmot

Here, you can close your eyes to this also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT