ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when Trump said...

stray

Snappin’ necks and cashing checks
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2001
the stock market will crash if Joe and Kamala get elected? The bottom has dropped out of the NASDAQ and recession is here. The stock market is a bloodbath. NASDAQ has never been down 1000pt on the day(even intra-day)....it has now.

PS-Stock market sites and apps are offline due to the massive volume.

the stock market will crash if Joe and Kamala get elected? The bottom has dropped out of the NASDAQ and recession is here. The stock market is a bloodbath. NASDAQ has never been down 1000pt on the day(even intra-day)....it has now.

Just do not sell or you lock in your losses

$2T so far. For our lefty friends, that's approaching 10% of our annual GDP. In half a day.

I remember trump saying my 401k was "going to hell" if Biden got elected. Directionally...he's incorrect.

Look at the market performance from October 2020 (when he first made that claim) to now and tell me he was right. (Spoiler: he was wrong). He's the boy who cried wolf.... eventually he will be right.

The market this year is better than in 2022 yet we are now in a "recession?" Added more jobs in July 2024 than in July 2019 but we are in a "recession"? C'mon...

The market hasn't crashed. I'm willing to bet that everyone here who has been investing since Biden got elected has had positive returns.

Concerned? Balance your portfolios. Some Fixed income positions have offset equity lossestheast few days. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If folks who are close to retirement had over allocation to equities that's on them. Poor planning.

Everyone needs to calm down. August is historically a bad month for markets....

Staying the course 4 now, it will bounce (^^^) when Trump is elected.

I remember trump saying my 401k was "going to hell" if Biden got elected. Directionally...he's incorrect.

Look at the market performance from October 2020 (when he first made that claim) to now and tell me he was right. (Spoiler: he was wrong). He's the boy who cried wolf.... eventually he will be right.

The market this year is better than in 2022 yet we are now in a "recession?" Added more jobs in July 2024 than in July 2019 but we are in a "recession"? C'mon...

The market hasn't crashed. I'm willing to bet that everyone here who has been investing since Biden got elected has had positive returns.

Concerned? Balance your portfolios. Some Fixed income positions have offset equity lossestheast few days. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If folks who are close to retirement had over allocation to equities that's on them. Poor planning.

The Stock Market under Biden / Harris has been really good. The Stock Market appears to me to be WAY overvalued and we are in for at the very least a big correction. The turbulence in the middle East, jobs report being more negative than expected will most likely bring a larger correction than normal. My uneducated prediction is it drops to 35K range, perhaps more. We are due for a down turn as well, so get ready for a bumpy ride in Stock Market for next 6 months. Word is Jimmy Buffet cashed out weeks ago, when he goes back in strong it will probably stop the drop for a while. The tern recession is thrown around but certainly overall growth has already slowed but for the large Covid /Build Back Projects in the pipeline. New Commercial groundbreaking has really slowed since first of year. So many of future economic indicators are trending down for sure. No that is not good news for an incumbent regardless of party.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
The Stock Market under Biden / Harris has been really good. The Stock Market appears to me to be WAY overvalued and we are in for at the very least a big correction. The turbulence in the middle East, jobs report being more negative than expected will most likely bring a larger correction than normal. My uneducated prediction is it drops to 35K range, perhaps more. We are due for a down turn as well, so get ready for a bumpy ride in Stock Market for next 6 months. Word is Jimmy Buffet cashed out weeks ago, when he goes back in strong it will probably stop the drop for a while. The tern recession is thrown around but certainly overall growth has already slowed but for the large Covid /Build Back Projects in the pipeline. New Commercial groundbreaking has really slowed since first of year. So many of future economic indicators are trending down for sure. No that is not good news for an incumbent regardless of party.
Jimmy Buffet sure did cash out.

Dude. My God.

The six largest tech companies on the planet are the sole reason the market cap weighted index averages are up. Why? Because super expensive housing, interest rates, food, etc don’t affect their businesses, and they don’t need debt capital. Typically when the stock market runs, the whole market rises with it. Not the case the past couple years. Never had there been a bigger disconnect between Wall St and Main St.

The day Trump took office, the Dow closed at 19,827. The day Trump left office, the Dow closed at 31,186.

He also had a CPI of 7.8 or 7.9% for 4 years. Wages also outpaced inflation.

When all is considered, the math works 4 me….percent wise.

Last I looked, Biden’s CPI is 20% or more and he hasn’t even finished his term. CPI will more than likely end up outpacing the market (%). Pretty sure the CPI is outpacing wages.

The math doesn’t work 4 me, % wise, going backwards.

If it works for you, vote Democrat.

I haven’t prospered under Biden.

I’m retired but haven’t started pulling out any of my 401K yet. About a year ago I just decided that I didn’t want to risk another big sell off so I had my financial advisor to pull all of my investments out of growth stocks and bonds and change it to CD’s earning 5.3
The stock market growth in a recession is not sustainable especially for those of us retired or near retirement.
I might have to rethink my investment strategy if internet rates drop and CD rates follow but for now I’m happy.

Reactions: WyoDawg307

Dow finished 2020 at 30,606.48. Now it's 38,700. We are still way ahead of Trump's economy.

Reactions: tiledawg
Dow finished 2020 at 30,606.48. Now it's 38,700. We are still way ahead of Trump's economy.
Yet for some reason polling regarding the economy is at all time lows, the hindsight approval rating of Trump’s presidency is at all time highs? And he polls 20 pts ahead of Harris on the economy. Why?

Could it be that the fact nvidia, meta, apple ripping in the stock market has absolutely nothing to do with regular Americans’ experience with take home pay relative to the cost of housing, food, interest rates, etc?

Too bad you can’t eat the Dow. Trump is a legendary unpopular asshole. And people
Still want him President. That’s how well the economy is doing.

After today, you can plug Biden in at position number nine, although the markets are up since Trump so it's a considerably smaller percentage.

The day Trump took office, the Dow closed at 19,827. The day Trump left office, the Dow closed at 31,186.

He also had a CPI of 7.8 or 7.9% for 4 years. Wages also outpaced inflation.

When all is considered, the math works 4 me….percent wise.

Last I looked, Biden’s CPI is 20% or more and he hasn’t even finished his term. CPI will more than likely end up outpacing the market (%). Pretty sure the CPI is outpacing wages.

The math doesn’t work 4 me, % wise, going backwards.

If it works for you, vote Democrat.
facts hurt man

If you remove Covid , it’s not close.
Well, what they ignore all the money they printed to prop up the stock market. This is of course why people have to use their savings and retirement accounts to buy groceries and gas.

Wall Street will be fine, but people are going broke.

Reactions: Carpet Dawg
The economy is not measured by the DOW. It's too easily manipulated when the Govt prints money.

Either you knew that or you didn't. Which is it?

Hope you bought the dip.

GVrWArQWgAA6YhN

Reactions: jlstone412
Hopes KAMALA doesn’t come after any “unrealized” capital gains you made.
I saw a really interesting thing about that - a) she hasn't endorsed that policy.

but b) a saw someone pointing out that the people complaining the loudest about this (hedgies, fi-guys, and brokers) are dependent on fees that are charged based on unrealized gains.

i.e. if you are paying 1% per year to your money manager (which is about the median of the standard range) you are paying based on the total portfolio, which of course includes unrealized gains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT