ADVERTISEMENT

Rian Davis is on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why Social Media sucks. Trouble is 19 and a bad ass but what are the chances he would say that to Herschel’s face? 0%. If there was a lower # than 0 I’d go with that.
He wouldn’t

This is why Social Media sucks. Trouble is 19 and a bad ass but what are the chances he would say that to Herschel’s face? 0%. If there was a lower # than 0 I’d go with that.
Herschel should go say what he saying to the team and we should record their faces and responses. I’m sure many don’t agree but of course let’s make it about being intimidated.

Reactions: Jim's Dad
Lost in this all is political opinions aren't binary, "A or B" decisions. You can disagree with someone, see where they are coming from, but acknowledge you reach a different conclusion. There can be nuance.

Then there are people whose opinions barely reflect reality, who deny other people's experiences, and offer meaningless platitudes as answers. I would argue HW is doing all three of those things in that video.

I.e. I wouldn't call someone like that a fool because I disagree with them, I would disagree with them because they sound foolish.

PREACH!!

What? Hell, I'd say that in front of Herschel. Herschel wouldn't respond physically like a dumbass but if he did, Herschel would have a fraction of the money he used to have.

You just said if Herschel Walker could thrive 40 years ago, what exactly are all these kids bitching about now?

This is one of the most inane statements every made on the Vent. That's saying something.

How so? Explain...

Would love to see this!

What did you think about Kap and Lebron? Were you also applauding their use of their platform? Genuine question.
Accomplishments on the field does not mean that one’s opinion is greater than or less than anyone else’s.

Gravitas earned by accomplishment is a major component. Respect allows you to say and take controversial positions. LeBron could call Herschel and idiot all day and there would be a reign of terror on Herschel because he has that platform. Rian isn't wrong and has a right to his opinion but he hasn't earned the platform to take on people like Herschel. I'm sympathetic to what he says but there are better ways to disagree than name calling.

What? Hell, I'd say that in front of Herschel. Herschel wouldn't respond physically like a dumbass but if he did, Herschel would have a fraction of the money he used to have.

Yes, but would Rian?

I wonder where Trump gets this loyalty. He kind of messes him up with USFL and mostl likely cost us a National Championship in 84.

HW is a college graduate (same school as you BTW), has been successful in many areas, including private business, has been in the real world depending on himself for decades, and has successfully worked with, for and above people of all backgrounds.

He has a hell of a lot more knowledge, wisdom and education than a 19 year old kid who doesn't know the first thing about providing for himself or about the adult world.

But let's continue to listen to the least educated, the least capable, least mature and the least wise in our nation. LMAO.

Idiotic.

I suppose in your world the new hires should make all the decisions and the 30-year industry vets and leaders should step aside and not have any input.

LMFAO
This is a pretty crazy statement you’re trying to make, in my opinion.
Herschel doesn’t share Rian’s life experiences.
Someone’s business, on field, or any successes do not mean that their opinions should be taken as a widely accepted truth for all across the globe.
But, if this is your real take, I suppose you listen to everything the CDC says, listen to everything Mark Cuban says, listen to everything Bill Gates says, listen to everything ANYONE who has had success, degrees, and been in any field for a number of years and takes it as an opinion that should not be challenged. Yes?

How so? Explain...

Would love to see this!
Sweet baby Jesus.... Herschel Walker is perhaps the most physically gifted player in the history of college football and what he was before really has only been done once since. (Derrick Henry)

I had to tell you that?

You're comparing Herschel's story as the example for all to follow?

There's no way an adult is typing this. No way.

Reactions: 706Dawg86
They still don’t have to blast former players on social media for our rivals to see
This is bigger than football!!!
He wouldn’t
I guess you are not familiar with young people today...he would no doubt say that to his face! Hell he is just another human being who happens to have been a great football player??

Herschel obviously has a right to say what he did. But as I mentioned, I promise you the majority of players on the team side with Rian on all this. Rian would have been better served not to use the word fool, but again, due to the current social climate, folks are fired up

oh I’m sure the majority feel that way except Tate I know for sure doesn’t. Might be some others.

I read it to begin with. Can't believe this man... sound like a damn fool.

He called him a fool. You can do the Bill Clinton thing and parse words and not just a fool but a damn fool. Fool is a noun the way he used it, he didn't say he sounded foolish.

I'm not choosing sides either. Rian picked a fight with public figure, a UGA Icon, and one of the greatest college players of all time. I don't disagree with him and this is his right but he's a relative nobody punching way outside his weight class and now he's probably going to get roasted by a bunch of idiots on his twitter account for it. If gets up in his feelings now, he made himself a target. Good luck with that. There's a point where you earn the right to sit at the big boy table. Todd Gurley could say it. Chubb could say it and you get a different reaction.
Difference is Gurley and Chubb have enough sense not to say something like that to the GOAT HW34! This guy has done nothing at UGA to even get in the conversation! He is an outlier that runs his mouth! All mouth, no action!

Reactions: JUNKYARD_DAWG
Honestly believe you’d have a whole room full of people in the room who would have something to say. Might use the word fool but I can promise they’d speak up en masse

Also, when you're speaking in person, you can communicate "that sounds foolish" in a way that doesn't show disrespect.

Rian does a pretty good job of explaining his opinion in the rest of the Twitter thread

Honestly believe you’d have a whole room full of people in the room who would have something to say. Might use the word fool but I can promise they’d speak up en masse

I’m HW would be fine. Would you call HW a fool? Since you’ve been defending Davis this entire thread lol

Reactions: aadco

But then you'd be banished from Rivals and I would get to take over the Rafi profile pic!

Reactions: fprex
Difference is Gurley and Chubb have enough sense not to say something like that to the GOAT HW34! This guy has done nothing at UGA to even get in the conversation! He is an outlier that runs his mouth! All mouth, no action!
You keep referencing their on the field accolades, that’s not what any of this is about.

Last edited:
Gravitas earned by accomplishment is a major component. Respect allows you to say and take controversial positions. LeBron could call Herschel and idiot all day and there would be a reign of terror on Herschel because he has that platform. Rian isn't wrong and has a right to his opinion but he hasn't earned the platform to take on people like Herschel. I'm sympathetic to what he says but there are better ways to disagree than name calling.
I disagree with a lot of what you say. Essentially, what you’re saying is that Rian isn’t allowed to say anything to Herschel because Herschel has a great college football career?
Being alive is the only platform anyone needs to take on anyone else’s opinion.

But then you'd be banished from Rivals and I would get to take over the Rafi profile pic!
I would BUY RIVALS after he assaulted me, give you my Rafi avatar, and assume Herschel's as mine.

I’m HW would be fine. Would you call HW a fool? Since you’ve been defending Davis this entire thread lol
When have I been defending him?
Same people jumping on Rian for calling names doing the same to him. Pot calling the kettle black.
Rian would have been better served not to have see the word fool. But does he have the right to disagree with him? If that’s what he feels, damn right he does.

Testing to see if Dash left the door unlocked....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT