ADVERTISEMENT

Scheffler arrested outside PGA where a car wreck had occurred

Certainly appears to be an over eager cop on a power trip! The reporter who witnessed the situation stated that Scheffler drove around the back of a bus parked in front of the gate at which time the cop jumped on his courtesy car that was clearly marked as a player's car. The reporter stated that he drove maybe 60 feet & stopped the vehicle just off the roadway as any person thinking clearlly would do! It was dark & leaving the car in the middle of the road would have been a terrible idea! All occupations have dumbasses within them, law enforcement is certainly no different!

I believe 90% drive with their head up their butts and texting on their phone. People are killed every single day because of this, including cops.

I wasn't there, don't know the true facts so I'll reserve judgement until I do.

Sounds like Scheffler is not totally innocent here. Police told him to stop, he kept going. Policeman attached himself to the car and he still kept going. Maybe he didn’t understand what was going on, but if a uniformed officer/security guard tells you to stop and physically gets on/in front of your car you don’t keep driving.
This is where I'm at with it.

Why did none of the other player vehicles have an issue stopping long enough to be identified before being allowed entry?

Whatever that difference in interaction is where this issue ultimately lies with who is at fault.

I'm furious over this. If I were Scottie's lawyer, I would rake the LPD over the coals for every penny. Cops are a necessary evil and a special kind of stoopid! How can I earn a living AND carry a gun and badge with the least amount of education? Yep, be a cop.

New footage of officer just before attaching to Scheffler's car.

tumblr_lqs2cor4dP1r12ymio1_500.gif

This is where I'm at with it.

Why did none of the other player vehicles have an issue stopping long enough to be identified before being allowed entry?

Whatever that difference in interaction is where this issue ultimately lies with who is at fault.
Probably not innocent in it, but also didn’t deserve to get pushed up against a car and cuffed and arrested for it.

Reactions: wcu1113
I'm furious over this. If I were Scottie's lawyer, I would rake the LPD over the coals for every penny. Cops are a necessary evil and a special kind of stoopid! How can I earn a living AND carry a gun and badge with the least amount of education? Yep, be a cop.
And leave a family every morning that never knows for sure if you’ll be coming home that evening.

There are a lot of good ones out there.

I for one am glad that the brave men of the force in Louisville FINALLY got such a menace off the streets. The world is obviously much safer now that Scottie was detained and will be brought to justice for his crimes of [checks notes] a completely innocent misunderstanding
Looovulles finest.

This won’t end well for the soon to be security guard.

You’re the one that insinuated he was texting lol. Pot meet kettle.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit Snowflake.

I suppose Scheffler couldn't have fallen into the 10% I suggested drive safely. 🤦‍♂️

I for one am glad that the brave men of the force in Louisville FINALLY got such a menace off the streets. The world is obviously much safer now that Scottie was detained and will be brought to justice for his crimes of [checks notes] a completely innocent misunderstanding
I heard he was up to number 9 on Mayberry's most wanted list.

On PGA Tour radio this morning they said they had gotten communication that players would be able to enter the course. He was in a marked player courtesy car. Bad scene all the way around.
Before I criticize the officers at all, I would want to see the video of what happened. Being allowed to pass doesn't mean permission to interrupt or endanger the officers. Iows, if the officers were involved with a task that meant they needed to block access for a few minutes and anyone tried to enter that area and didn't obey a command to stop, an arrest was justified.

At the point of which he charges him for a felony, you know you have not only a moron for a police officer but a bad police department because they are allowing this to proceed. This type of lunacy doesn't happen in a vacuum.

And guess what folks? Happens every day to people with a hell of a lot less power than Scottie Scheffler.

Before I criticize the officers at all, I would want to see the video of what happened. Being allowed to pass doesn't mean permission to interrupt or endanger the officers. Iows, if the officers were involved with a task that meant they needed to block access for a few minutes and anyone tried to enter that area and didn't obey a command to stop, an arrest was justified.
Woo boy, this is a take.

Reactions: Red8Black
Unless Scotty told him I don't care what you say and just disregarded it, the working assumption should be that this was a player trying to get into the tournament (as others were), who believed he had access that others didn't. Charging this as a felony is almost certainly absurd, but sure, we can review the video to see if Scotty admitted that he knew he wasn't supposed to be there and disregarded the officers instructions anyway. That's about the evidence I will need to think that any of this had any remote justification.

Woo boy, this is a take.
Yeah, let's just blame the officer for not getting out of the way and allowing a golfer to enter a fatality accident scene at his convenience. My guess is the officer was overly aggressive but I can also see the possibility that emergency responders may have been involved in an activity (maybe like removing a body) that required them to stop traffic completely during that task. I don't think SS meant any harm but I also think there are things that are more important than a tee time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT