ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS immunity decision

The pretense that what we have all been watching from the right hasn't actually been happening just went right out the door along with any possible confusion regarding what's at stake in November.

I don’t think so. I actually think further examination of the decision is only going to make it look worse, but we will see over the next few days.

You consistently over estimate the general electorate’s level of give a shit about the issues liberals circle j about. Mid terms are voters who cling to all the political stuff. Presidential elections are when people come out in masses. And those folks remember the pre Covid days. And they were a lot better. Period. To say nothing about the fact that your candidate literally is incapable of an unscripted conversation.

I would argue the constant attack on the separation of powers is a bigger threat to democracy than an asshole giving a speech that makes a dude in a Viking hat break into the capitol buulding.
Reducing Trump’s plot to steal the election he lost to “a speech that makes a dude in a Viking hat break into the Capitol” is insulting. I expect better from you.

And the irony of accusing the Dems of an attack on the separation of powers on the day the Federalist Society SCOTUS made it significantly more difficult to prosecute corrupt and illegal acts by the President is impressive.

“When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal”.

Nixon, who is rueing from the afterlife that this decision came fifty years too late to save his corrupt presidency.

Since OP's link brought up Seal Team 6...........

In August 2011 members of Seal Team 6 were put on a Chinook Helicopter (you know, big and cumbersome) and flown between2 mountains into a firefight that had been going for some time. Possibly one of the dumbest military moves in history. They were sitting ducks. Why??????

Does anyone seriously believe that members of Seal Team 6 are Democrats? Good lord.

Reducing Trump’s plot to steal the election he lost to “a speech that makes a dude in a Viking hat break into the Capitol” is insulting. I expect better from you.

And the irony of accusing the Dems of an attack on the separation of powers on the day the Federalist Society SCOTUS made it significantly more difficult to prosecute corrupt and illegal acts by the President is impressive.

Nixon, who is rueing from the afterlife that this decision came fifty years too late to save his corrupt presidency.

STFU. You weaponized the court system to control Trump, now live with it.

Reactions: stray and doerunn

Again. Highly debatable. Inflation and world peace is not. People want leadership and results. Not the intellectual high ground in a stylish debate about hypothetical gray areas. It is why Biden was losing before his disaster debate, and it is why he is dead in the water now.

Reactions: stray
Again. Highly debatable. Inflation and world peace is not. People want leadership and results. Not the intellectual high ground in a stylish debate about hypothetical gray areas. It is why Biden was losing before his disaster debate, and it is why he is dead in the water now.
If people didnt care about trump's conduct and only about bidens results, trump would be leading by 20pts minimum in every poll.

The Dems could nominate a door knob and almost beat trump at this point.

If people didnt care about trump's conduct and only about bidens results, trump would be leading by 20pts minimum in every poll.

The Dems could nominate a door knob and almost beat trump at this point.
Then why not nominate the door knob?

Glad you at least admitted that the results are squarely in republican corner.

I generally enjoy our discussions, but I have to point out that what you shared above is exactly the thought process used to justify authoritarianism.

Trump’s documented efforts to steal an election are not about the “intellectual high ground in a stylish debate about hypothetical grey areas”. These supposed grey areas are extremely well
documented and supported with testimony. And, we all personally witnessed a lot of it in the public sphere.

Either you believe in our system of government or you don’t and right now you are making the argument that practical matters are more important than the health of the system itself.

Honestly, it terrifies me. I’m sure you are a good person who loves the country just as much as I do. Guessing we would enjoy having a drink together. But people seem to believe that somehow this country is immune from a slide into authoritarianism that has happened over and over again throughout history. We aren’t immune and that slide always ends up in the same horrible place.

Then why not nominate the door knob?

Glad you at least admitted that the results are squarely in republican corner.
The results are not squarely in the republican corner.... they just aren't in bidens. It's not binary. If they were in the republicans corner, trump would be running away with this election. He's not. There are things that haven't gotten done BECAUSE of republicans lack of cooperation.

half the country hates trump. They don't like his policies, his rhetoric, nothing. No redeeming qualities. Even after the debate half the country is poised to vote for the doorknob. trumps appeal hasn't expanded. That's a problem for him.

Bidens biggest quality: he is not trump. His "poor" performance as president doesn't impact voter sentiment of half the country as much as trump's character flaws do.

I generally enjoy our discussions, but I have to point out that what you shared above is exactly the thought process used to justify authoritarianism.

Trump’s documented efforts to steal an election are not about the “intellectual high ground in a stylish debate about hypothetical grey areas”. These supposed grey areas are extremely well
documented and supported with testimony. And, we all personally witnessed a lot of it in the public sphere.

Either you believe in our system of government or you don’t and right now you are making the argument that practical matters are more important than the health of the system itself.

Honestly, it terrifies me. I’m sure you are a good person who loves the country just as much as I do. Guessing we would enjoy having a drink together. But people seem to believe that somehow this country is immune from a slide into authoritarianism that has happened over and over again throughout history. We aren’t immune and that slide always ends up in the same horrible place.
I don't disagree with your sentiment in concept, I just have absolutely zero belief that the authoritarianism or other extreme result predicted by you and the left would ever happen. Why? Separation of Powers. And faith in the people of this Country. They wouldn't allow it. Furthermore, I just don't see evidence that there is even a desire for Trump to try and make the Country some kind of authoritarian regime.

These proclomations are scare tactics used to win an election, and honestly I believe that kind of extreme fear-mongering is arguably more dangerous than the "anti-Christ" that is Trump.

What do you honestly think Trump is going to do with this "new power" he has because of the Supreme Court? Seriously - what is your prediction in terms of a Trump Presidency in the area of abuse of power? Honestly.

The results are not squarely in the republican corner.... they just aren't in bidens. It's not binary. If they were in the republicans corner, trump would be running away with this election. He's not. There are things that haven't gotten done BECAUSE of republicans lack of cooperation.

half the country hates trump. They don't like his policies, his rhetoric, nothing. No redeeming qualities. Even after the debate half the country is poised to vote for the doorknob. trumps appeal hasn't expanded. That's a problem for him.

Bidens biggest quality: he is not trump. His "poor" performance as president doesn't impact voter sentiment of half the country as much as trump's character flaws do.
I know dozens of people who cannot stand Trump but are planning to vote for him. 330+ electoral votes if it is Trump v Biden or Trump v Harris. The fact that the entire cities of NYC, LA, SF, DC, etc......universally hate Trump and will vote for Biden no matter what is what makes the popular vote approach 50/50 territory, but the electoral college will be an absoute landslide. And that is a function of this Country wanting leadership and results. Unfortunately for the democrats, this is not the United States of California & New York.

If anything, the fact they hate Trump and still want to vote for him is a feather in the cap in the area of results.

Reactions: doerunn and ugafish
I don't disagree with your sentiment in concept, I just have absolutely zero belief that the authoritarianism or other extreme result predicted by you and the left would ever happen. Why? Separation of Powers. And faith in the people of this Country. They wouldn't allow it. Furthermore, I just don't see evidence that there is even a desire for Trump to try and make the Country some kind of authoritarian regime.

These proclomations are scare tactics used to win an election, and honestly I believe that kind of extreme fear-mongering is arguably more dangerous than the "anti-Christ" that is Trump.

What do you honestly think Trump is going to do with this "new power" he has because of the Supreme Court? Seriously - what is your prediction in terms of a Trump Presidency in the area of abuse of power? Honestly.

Reactions: celticdawg
I didn't see any shooting of American protestors. Again - these supposed actions that never manifested into actual damage. And if a President actually did order the indiscriminate shooting of unarmed protestors, that President would be immediately impeached. Checks and balances. The media's credibility in the area of fear-mongering took a big hit last week. Biden being a walking corpse was a cheap-fake.....another right wing conspiracy theory. But we are supposed to believe that Trump will form his version of the SS with his newfound power and start executing folks?

The thing is, considering how Far left the left has gone with its insane policies on things like DEI, violent crime, gender and border, and the work the mainstream Media puts in for their party, it is far more likely the democrats would and could lead us into an authoritarian future.

The desperation from Biden and the left is insane. An unarmed protestor was shot by someone. All 125 pounds of her. Now four years later a guy comes forward after the debate and coverup from hell was exposed. (Smooth brain for president)

This is a pathetic spin. But this is where we are. You just had a president go on camera and attack a guy calling him guilty of all those crimes he should answer for. Before he was ever tried. Who was angry and sounding like he wants to start a civil war, and clearly wants to defy a branch of government that has never been done before.

Fear of authoritarianism from
Lefties is so hilarious it defies logic or proper brain function right now. We currently have a president who only makes decisions that are good for 30 percent of the country. Who doesn’t answer questions. Publicly chastises the media for actually publishing the truth about him. Who has defied a Supreme Court ruling. He has weaponized the doj to take down his opponent. Or is it a coincidence that someone from the White House met with three of the case handlers against Trump on the same day. 8 days after he declared he was running. The whole lefty mantra is you either agree with everything we stand for or F off. Smfh

We have already seen a trump presidency. Yet we have made a leap from unarmed protestors who got out of hand, to a group looking to take over the country. The left is going to ride this fear as long as they can. It is breathtaking to watch what they will do to stay in power.

Top of the list. Pretending the president had a functioning brain. That should stop any conversation and end anyone’s credibility who thought otherwise. Only someone with a blind agenda believed otherwise

I didn't see any shooting of American protestors. Again - these supposed actions that never manifested into actual damage. And if a President actually did order the indiscriminate shooting of unarmed protestors, that President would be immediately impeached. Checks and balances. The media's credibility in the area of fear-mongering took a big hit last week. Biden being a walking corpse was a cheap-fake.....another right wing conspiracy theory. But we are supposed to believe that Trump will form his version of the SS with his newfound power and start executing folks?
Impeachment. Right. The GOP refused to impeach Trump for J6. Mitch McConnel said that Trump was morally responsible for J6 but that he could be held to account by the legal system (enter SCOTUS, stage left).

The MAGA loyalist wouldn't ever impeach for anything. That's been proven. That alone would likely block any impeachment effort, particularly given the SCOTUS has now said that the president is immune for official acts. You think that wouldn't be used to justify voting against impeachment? That the entire point, the separation of powers and guardrails have just officially been diminished.

Impeachment. Right. The GOP refused to impeach Trump for J6. Mitch McConnel said that Trump was morally responsible for J6 but that he could be held to account by the legal system (enter SCOTUS, stage left).

The MAGA loyalist wouldn't ever impeach for anything. That's been proven. That alone would likely block any impeachment effort, particularly given the SCOTUS has now said that the president is immune for official acts. You think that wouldn't be used to justify voting against impeachment? That the entire point, the separation of powers and guardrails have just officially been diminished.
The only person you have to blame is yourself. This ruling never happens without unprecedented bullshit your side pulled. Live with that. I told you this will have consequences. While you merrily rolled along circle jerking to the get trump narrative. This is a response to the crap you guys are trying to pull. Now you are whining about the response. Sorry. Look in the mirror. Doesn’t it suck when a branch of government seems like it is lined up against one side of the country. 🤦‍♂️. You don’t like it much either do you.

I said a President would be impeached if he had hundreds of unarmed protestors shot. Republicans and democrats absolutely would impeach a president for that. Why? Because the people in this country are common sense folks who would not stand for it. Which again is why all these extreme predictions of abuse of power never seem to manifest into anything of substance. Well maybe the weaponization of the legal system actually did manifest into something of substance. A $400M judgement for a crime that didn't exist? That is real. That happened. Not some "this might happen" hypothetical. An actual government taking of private enterprise for literally zero reason.

The only person you have to blame is yourself. This ruling never happens without unprecedented bullshit your side pulled. Live with that. I told you this will have consequences. While you merrily rolled along circle jerking to the get trump narrative. This is a response to the crap you guys are trying to pull. Now you are whining about the response. Sorry. Look in the mirror. Doesn’t it suck when a branch of government seems like it is lined up against one side of the country. 🤦‍♂️
And, as usual, the guy who has been absolutely proven to be morally and ethically lacking in both his business and personal life, had nothing to do with any of his current problems. Just an innocent guy selflessly trying to help the country.

And, as usual, the guy who has been absolutely proven to be morally and ethically lacking in both his business and personal life, had nothing to do with any of his current problems. Just an innocent guy selflessly trying to help the country.
No response to what I said, because there is none will. I said here and told you numerous times that going down this unprecedented path was going to have far reaching consequences. Not to whine and cry when the shoe was on the other foot. I never defended Trump in my post you responded to. We had a president from the left coerce a 25 yr old intern that giving him blow jobs in the Oval Office would benefit the country. Sticking a cigar in a place where he could taste it later was in the country’s best interests. There are so many other presidents who could have been taken down in the courts. Nixon if you want one from the other side. You guys did this because of your tds. Live with it.

Reactions: doerunn
I know dozens of people who cannot stand Trump but are planning to vote for him. 330+ electoral votes if it is Trump v Biden or Trump v Harris. The fact that the entire cities of NYC, LA, SF, DC, etc......universally hate Trump and will vote for Biden no matter what is what makes the popular vote approach 50/50 territory, but the electoral college will be an absoute landslide. And that is a function of this Country wanting leadership and results. Unfortunately for the democrats, this is not the United States of California & New York.

If anything, the fact they hate Trump and still want to vote for him is a feather in the cap in the area of results.
Your anecdotal example means nothing. I know plenty in GA that can't stand Biden and will vote for him. Hell...I can't stand Biden and I'm voting for him.

I don't see either getting 330...

Your anecdotal example means nothing. I know plenty in GA that can't stand Biden and will vote for him. Hell...I can't stand Biden and I'm voting for him.

Voting for DEI racism, an open border to dangerous criminals, soft on violent crime policies, and gender manipulation is beyond absurd.

Reactions: doerunn

I think anecdotally knowing a bunch of people that were planning to vote for Biden last week and after the debate are going to vote for Trump is highly relevant, and likely representative of a very, very large chunk of the population. You can't have a President who is unable to function. That should be fairly obvious to anyone not blinded by their disdain for Dt.

No response to what I said, because there is none will. I said here and told you numerous times that going down this unprecedented path was going to have far reaching consequences. Not to whine and cry when the shoe was on the other foot. I never defended Trump in my post you responded to. We had a president from the left coerce a 25 yr old intern that giving him blow jobs in the Oval Office would benefit the country. Sticking a cigar in a place where he could taste it later was in the country’s best interests. There are so many other presidents who could have been taken down in the courts. Nixon if you want one from the other side. You guys did this because of your tds. Live with it.
I did respond. Blaming the Dems for working to hold Trump to account for his behavior and not acknowledging that Trump shares responsibility for that is exactly the problem.

Your example of Clinton is perfect. The GOP/Tea Party went after Clinton for years and they did take him down to the full extent that the law allowed. They impeached him and he lost his law license for lying under oath.

Are you suggesting they didn’t pursue Bill, or just bitter that they couldn’t find anything more substantive to charge him with?

There were eight separate investigations over four years into Benghazi. They failed to find anything on Hillary, and it wasn’t for lack of trying.

But the Dems are responsible for what’s happening now? That’s some serious revisionist history.

Someone should call you a whaaaambulance.

I did respond. Blaming the Dems for working to hold Trump to account for his behavior and not acknowledging that Trump shares responsibility for that is exactly the problem.

Your example of Clinton is perfect. The GOP/Tea Party went after Clinton for years and they did take him down to the full extent that the law allowed. They impeached him and he lost his law license for lying under oath.

Are you suggesting they didn’t pursue Bill, or just bitter that they couldn’t find anything more substantive to charge him with?

There were eight separate investigations over four years into Benghazi. They failed to find anything on Hillary, and it wasn’t for lack of trying.

But the Dems are responsible for what’s happening now? That’s some serious revisionist history.
Bull crap post full of bull crap and far left spin. The fix has been in protecting dims for a long time. They should have left well enough alone. Now hopefully pubs will payback the corrupt left with the same bull crap they have pulled for the last few years. Sorry your life has been ruined by someone actually standing up to your criminal party. NOT

They never went to court on anything. And Hillary wasn’t a former president. Did you forget that? The fbi gave her a pass on the servers and you want to give her as an example. That is interesting. And yes will, that was admitted to by the fbi. That admission where they had to admit they treated Trump and Hillary different. Same with the laptop and hunter. lol. We know that was a complete f up and effected an election.

Contrary to your belief, there are people in this country. Even some on the left of the isle, that think breaking precedent for really, really questionable cases isn’t a good idea. Banana republic like. Some of those obviously sit on the Supreme Court.

There is no getting around that this is your side’s fault. I warned you this would happen. You weaponized the doj against republicans. You lefties threatened the Supreme Court after roe v wade. You even went after their extras. (That wasn’t idiotic right) Biden defied a Supreme Court ruling. Then you break precedent for a bunch of bullshit that never comes to light if he isn’t running again. And you want to cry about this presidential immunity decree. Someone had to save you from your own tds. The only people still loving the court cases were the never trumpers. Everyone else sees it for what it is.

They never went to court on anything. And Hillary wasn’t a former president. Did you forget that? The fbi gave her a pass on the servers and you want to give her as an example. That is interesting. And yes will, that was admitted to by the fbi. That admission where they had to admit they treated Trump and Hillary different. Same with the laptop and hunter. lol. We know that was a complete f up and effected an election.

Contrary to your belief, there are people in this country. Even some on the left of the isle, that think breaking precedent for really, really questionable cases isn’t a good idea. Banana republic like. Some of those obviously sit on the Supreme Court.

There is no getting around that this is your side’s fault. I warned you this would happen. You weaponized the doj against republicans. You lefties threatened the Supreme Court after roe v wade. You even went after their extras. (That wasn’t idiotic right) Biden defied a Supreme Court ruling. Then you break precedent for a bunch of bullshit that never comes to light if he isn’t running again. And you want to cry about this presidential immunity decree. Someone had to save you from your own tds. The only people still loving the court cases were the never trumpers. Everyone else sees it for what it is.
Exactly!!!!!!

This one sided view of authoritarianism is what drives me crazy. Both sides are guilty and one side will not acknowledge their own guilt. Biden has done several authoritarian actions and even flaunted that it was against the constitution. No one has ever used the executive orders as much as he has done and his term is still going.

Trump did not try to steal the election he tried to point how he thought it was stolen from him. That stance is wrong and he should have owned up to that. The election laws and protocols were changed and broken in several states at a very late juncture in the process. This was done in my opinion to conceal/hide the changes and this created doubt in some people’s minds to the validity of the results. That view is very valid and why both sides should work to ensure integrity in the voting process.
We need to institute term limits in congress and focus on the good of the country as a whole and quit pandering to special interest groups.

Voting for DEI racism, an open border to dangerous criminals, soft on violent crime policies, and gender manipulation is beyond absurd.
DEI - Not an issue discussed at my kitchen table or in my office

Border - that's an issue; let's work together to fix it. Both parties are at fault over the decades.

Crime - an issue regardless of who's president; the president doesnt draft legislation to address crime. Local govt issue.

Gender manipulation - not a kitchen table issue for me because I am involved in my children's lives.

2 days ago it was knee jerk hyperbole that democracy is on the ballot in November. Trump is a man who above all else desires power. That has changed with this ruling. The court has kneecapped themselves and congress to check him on his power grab that is coming. I would say it is an unintended consequence but look at the make up of the court...

He must not get the opportunity to abuse the office.

This one sided view of authoritarianism is what drives me crazy. Both sides are guilty and one side will not acknowledge their own guilt. Biden has done several authoritarian actions and even flaunted that it was against the constitution. No one has ever used the executive orders as much as he has done and his term is still going.

Trump did not try to steal the election he tried to point how he thought it was stolen from him. That stance is wrong and he should have owned up to that. The election laws and protocols were changed and broken in several states at a very late juncture in the process. This was done in my opinion to conceal/hide the changes and this created doubt in some people’s minds to the validity of the results. That view is very valid and why both sides should work to ensure integrity in the voting process.
We need to institute term limits in congress and focus on the good of the country as a whole and quit pandering to special interest groups.
In their first three years of each presidency, Trump issued 137 executive orders to Biden’s 127.

As of June 30th, Biden has issued a total of 139 executive orders. Trump ended up with 220 total, although to be fair some of those were related to Covid.

So the statement that “no one has ever used executive orders” to the degree that Biden has is false. Trump used them aggressively and more often, and that includes before Covid.

The J6 indictments and fake elector plot indictments make a strong argument that the rest of your post is incorrect. Whether we ever have a chance to see those charges proven or not in court remains to be seen.

That same statement describes Biden.

The dem hysteria in this thread is off the rails funny. Do you really think treason and murder become protected official acts?
Reading all the HYPOTHETICALS from people that are supposed to be leaders of the Dem party ..just shows how crazy and communistic that party has become…its like reading quotes from an 9 yr old, yet its a member ‘s of the Supreme Court and others from Congress making them…Talk about dangerous…DISGUSTING!!!

Border - that's an issue; let's work together to fix it. Both parties are at fault over the decades.

Crime - an issue regardless of who's president; the president doesnt draft legislation to address crime. Local govt issue.

Gender manipulation - not a kitchen table issue for me because I am involved in my children's lives.

2 days ago it was knee jerk hyperbole that democracy is on the ballot in November. Trump is a man who above all else desires power. That has changed with this ruling. The court has kneecapped themselves and congress to check him on his power grab that is coming. I would say it is an unintended consequence but look at the make up of the court...

You are voting for it whether it affects you or not. DEI, transgender surgeries etc.

DEI. Yet you vote for it
Border. Only one party is responsible for what has happened in the last 3 years, and you vote for it.
Crime. We have legislation to address crime. Democrats have set the tone of soft on crime and you vote for it.

Nice job attempting to sidestep these issues and absolve yourself of responsibility snce you don’t discuss them at your kitchen table. Your vote matters.

In their first three years of each presidency, Trump issued 137 executive orders to Biden’s 127.

As of June 30th, Biden has issued a total of 139 executive orders. Trump ended up with 220 total, although to be fair some of those were related to Covid.

So the statement that “no one has ever used executive orders” to the degree that Biden has is false. Trump used them aggressively and more often, and that includes before Covid.

The J6 indictments and fake elector plot indictments make a strong argument that the rest of your post is incorrect. Whether we ever have a chance to see those charges proven or not in court remains to be seen.
You are correct. But no other President has ever said of his executive order that he knew it was unconstitutional and didn’t care. That is the definition of authoritarian.

There is a ton wrong with this post. And it is so partisan I don’t know where to start. You elected a vege. You knew he was a vege. Or pretended not to know. So this power hungry narrative on Trump comes from a place of extreme hypocrisy. You planted him as a figurehead to keep the power.

You went after Trump in an unprecedented way. Bringing a former president to court. This had never happened. Over what most described at best a questionable case. And you only preceded to do this because he was running for office. You weaponized the justice system against a candidate simply because you didn’t like him. And the reprocussions happened from the other side.

Make no mistake. This is your side’s fault. This ruling was a response due to the actions of your party. Period. End of story.

Last edited:
That same statement describes Biden.
No it doesn’t, but if you need me to detail the multitude of differences, it’s a wasted effort anyway.
Reading all the HYPOTHETICALS from people that are supposed to be leaders of the Dem party ..just shows how crazy and communistic that party has become…its like reading quotes from an 9 yr old, yet its a member ‘s of the Supreme Court and others from Congress making them…Talk about dangerous…DISGUSTING!!!
During the Supreme Court hearing, Justice Sonia Sotomayor posed a hypothetical question to Trump lawyer D. John Sauer: "If the president decides that his rival is a corrupt person and he orders the military ... to assassinate him, is that within his official acts for which he can get immunity?" Sauer responded, "That could well be an official act. It could."

That’s a direct quote from Trump’s lawyer in his argument before SCOTUS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT