ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Felicity Ace is burning at sea and…

Smacdawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2001
So the news isn’t covering this much and what it is covering may be suspect. The Felicity Ace is burning at sea with potentially thousands of cars in its hull. Porsches, and Bentleys, and Volkswagons, etc.

Now what I’m writing is hearsay, but I’ve got a buddy who is major into the Porsche world. According to him, the fire started from the electric batteries in one of the VWs and cannot be put out as it goes from car to car. The type of fire it is producing is very caustic and harmful from an environmental standpoint. Almost impossible to suffocate. Most of the cars on this boat are electric. Right now, the answer they are contemplating is to drag the boat out to the deepest part of the ocean that they can get to and sink her. The environmental damage to the ocean in that area will be immense.

Now if this is all true…and remember I said “if”…then it will be interesting to see how the press reports this. The environmentalists who push electric cars and their harmless impact on nature will not want this getting too much coverage. Those who resist the rhetoric of climate change and the negative impact of combustion cars vs electric will use this as a springboard.

Guess we will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT