ADVERTISEMENT

So the 10 year old rape victim from Ohio that

Anger, grievance and a total lack of empathy for those who exist outside their own experiences seem to be the dominant characteristics of much of the right these days.
No I thinks it’s more that if we don’t agree with you then we’re the bad guys or the ones that are wrong. We hear a lot about how everyone should be heard and respected but it only applies to those in agreement. It’s one thing to say all should have the right fo agree or disagree, but it’s quiet another to force an opinion on someone and demand that they agree or they’re “angry or lack empathy”. Personally, I only care what you think because I’m concerned for your salvation. You can believe what you want.

Reactions: litedawg1968
So Fox News, Jim Jordan, OP, and the many others that said “no rape occurred, this was all a lie perpetrated by the liberals” …. they made these statements because they has been lied to by evil liberals? Please elaborate on your reasoning.

It’s hard to argue with a post that contains zero logic. Do be

Only people that should decide on the issue is the woman.
Now knows what a woman is!!! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Anger, grievance and a total lack of empathy for those who exist outside their own experiences seem to be the dominant characteristics of much of the right these days.
You literally have no idea what experiences I have been through.

That being said if you think that most abortions are due to medical reasons and not just another from of birth control then you need empathy not me.

Also LOL on all the likes from all 3 clown shows.

This is what 1% of abortions are. The rest are because of poor life choices. Nothing more.
What do you base your numbers off of?

You know no birth control beyond abstinence is 100% effective, right? I know three people who were conceived by mothers using IUDs, which were considered safe and effective at the time. Were the woman who experienced a similar scenario but decided to have an abortion making "poor life choices"? Judging people and attempting to legislate their personal choices based on religious views is more times than not paired with deep personal disdain and self righteousness. Thanks for staying on-brand.

In 2004, the Guttmacher Institute anonymously surveyed 1,209 post-abortive women from nine different abortion clinics across the country. Of the women surveyed, 957 provided a main reason for having an abortion. This table lists each reason and the percentage of respondents who chose it.
PercentageReason
<0.5%Victim of rape
3%Fetal health problems
4%Physical health problems
4%Would interfere with education or career
7%Not mature enough to raise a child
8%Don't want to be a single mother
19%Done having children
23%Can't afford a baby
25%Not ready for a child
6%Other

What do you base your numbers off of?

You know no birth control beyond abstinence is 100% effective, right? I know three people who were conceived by mothers using IUDs, which were considered safe and effective at the time. Were the woman who experienced a similar scenario but decided to have an abortion making "poor life choices"? Judging people and attempting to legislate their personal choices based on religious views is more times than not paired with deep personal disdain and self righteousness. Thanks for staying on-brand.

In 2004, the Guttmacher Institute anonymously surveyed 1,209 post-abortive women from nine different abortion clinics across the country. Of the women surveyed, 957 provided a main reason for having an abortion. This table lists each reason and the percentage of respondents who chose it.
PercentageReason
<0.5%Victim of rape
3%Fetal health problems
4%Physical health problems
4%Would interfere with education or career
7%Not mature enough to raise a child
8%Don't want to be a single mother
19%Done having children
23%Can't afford a baby
25%Not ready for a child
6%Other
I don’t know about you but the last 6 account for 86% of abortions, they’re all for selfish reasons and personally I don’t consider them to be viable reasons to end a life. There are too many families that adopt and would raise the child in a living home.

Reactions: cherrydawg
I don’t know about you but the last 6 account for 86% of abortions, they’re all for selfish reasons and personally I don’t consider them to be viable reasons to end a life. There are too many families that adopt and would raise the child in a living home.
I respect your beliefs on this topic and support your right to live your life accordingly.

Regarding potential families willing to adopt, there are roughly 424,000 children in this country currently in foster care. I encourage any families willing to adopt to do so. Regardless, we seem to have a gap between those needing a loving home and those willing to provide one.

As an aside, I have my issues with Amy Coney Barrett, but if nothing else she lives life in accordance with her beliefs and has adopted children.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:
I respect your beliefs on this topic and support your right to live your life accordingly.

Regarding potential families willing to adopt, there are roughly 424,000 children in this country currently in foster care. I encourage any families willing to adopt to do so. Regardless, we seem to have a gap between those needing a loving home and those willing to provide one.

As an aside, I have my issues with Amy Coney Barrett, but if nothing else she lives life in accordance with her beliefs and has adopted children.

Have a good weekend.
We agree I wish adoption were more popular. Between the difficulty of the process and the cost , it’s very difficult. I understand why it’s difficult and I honestly have no good ideas to simplify the process. So many predators out there .

Have a good weekend.
You as well. I know you haven’t asked but I will lift you and your family in my prayers.

A medical procedure? It's a surgery to take
It was my son's birthday and we went out to dinner. Some of us do occasionally have responsibilities outside of engaging in the brilliant dialogue here on the chat.

I understand your argument even if I disagree and as I have said on here many times I would not even attempt to change your mind. For me, the time around first movement to fetal viability is when the consideration of fetal rights changes significantly. You say the rights of the fetus must be considered from inception, but what about the rights of the mother? Why does she not have the right to determine what is in the best interest of herself and the potential child she is carrying?

The fact that many of the new laws specifically do not accommodate exceptions for rape says a lot about the extremism of some of the pro-life forces and that they will not stop until they have achieved a nationwide ban on all abortions. I have no doubt that these same forces, as outlined by Clarence Thomas's contribution to the ruling, desire to impose their religious views through legislation on the topic of same sex marriage and a host of other behaviours they find sacrilegious.

To be clear, I defend the right of anyone in this country to make the choices in life that allow them to remain true to their beliefs as long as they allow others to do the same. I believe that was the clearly articulated intent of the founders and it's part of what makes us unique as a country.

Despite the stated desire of some, we are not now and have never been a Christian theocracy. Five of the six justices that make up the current conservative SCOTUS majority were nominated by a president who lost the popular vote and the 50 current republican senators represent only 43% of the US population so clearly the right has some structural advantages. Regardless, roughly 81% of the people in this country believe abortion should be available under some or all circumstances. That is a dominant majority and as Trump himself said after the ruling, this victory may have some unintended consequences in future elections. We will see over the coming few years.
No you don’t believe in others rights. You believe in the right of the government to force Christians to pay for abortions, to pay for sex change operations and to force Christians to bake cakes and bow down to homosexuals. You probably also feel the gov has the right to force the Covid jab on folks. You also support the govt teaching CRT and perverted sex to young children. Don’t come in here acting like you are taking some high road. These are the sides you have championed on this site. Plus and biggest of all. If you vote dim you vote for their policies. Their policies are always about forcing their perversions on others. Case closed. You are not some freedom champion. You have decided babies are not human. You deny Gods plan and you said it. It’s just a choice to kill that defenseless one that can’t defend itself. Basically dims are a bunch of bully’s that will do anything to anyone tha that can’t fight back and CRY AND WHINE AND GO INTO HYSTERICS if someone fights back. It is shameful what you people will do to the unborn. Have you seen the videos of the babies writhing in pain during the abortion process. Wait. I know. That would have no effect on a dim.

Self absorbed arrogance and pretend caring is an absolute and all time characteristic of the left. It’s sick y’all claim empathy for others while cheering for and defending the dismemberment and murder of a human baby.

Again many things not equal between the sexes. Women get that right because they physically are forced to carry while the man can do nothing.....hell man doesn't even have to pay for child support or medical bills. So yeah not for paper abortions at all. Now if both parties agree to it, then go for it.
Not true on the 2nd part of your statement. And your loony left are trying to convince us that men can get pregnant. SMH

actually, we're not. I am glad that you nor a love one have ever had to confront a choice to carry a child with a lethal fetal anomaly to term.
A very small percentage of abortions are far that kind of reason. This is the kind of argument made by someone without a leg to stand on. Let’s murder any all babies we want to because .000001% would have died anyway. You folks are shameless

Have a good weekend.
So just kill them. The things you dims will use to argue for the right to murder an innocent baby. SICK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT