ADVERTISEMENT

So the 10 year old rape victim from Ohio that

Your guess is as good as mine, and I have tried to sort it out.

Basically, it doesn't matter unless the mother's life is in danger.
Ohio says either the mother's life is in danger or pregnancy risks serious injury to the mother. Pregnancy in a 10 year old is generally considered to fall in the range of "considerable risk" to the mother, but it is up to the physician to make that determination in each case.

Also curious to know how she came to be 6 weeks in with none of this being decided. I can come up with scenarios, but it doesn't make them true.

Well it is important in that the rape would have never occurred had the man been deported. Kind of hard to overlook that fact. Because of his status and the hot topic of immigration I bet your party will drop the 10 year olds abortion issue like it’s the plague.
It's not hard to overlook it. Half a million women are raped each year. Most are young women. Many are juveniles. The fact that this rapist happens to be an illegal immigrant does not suggest that every rapist is.

Ohio says either the mother's life is in danger or pregnancy risks serious injury to the mother. Pregnancy in a 10 year old is generally considered to fall in the range of "considerable risk" to the mother, but it is up to the physician to make that determination in each case.

Also curious to know how she came to be 6 weeks in with none of this being decided. I can come up with scenarios, but it doesn't make them true.
I am not curious to know that. It is none of our business.

"Up to the physician" and "Up to the prosecutor" are not satisfactory to me. Are they to you?

Reactions: shonuff253 and pawd
The Ohio AG is full of crap.

Once again, the extreme risks for undeveloped children bearing children are well documented. It's extremely dangerous on multiple fronts, attested by doctors across the spectrum if you want to search for it. This person is gaslighting you but common sense hopefully prevails here.

I am not curious to know that. It is none of our business.

"Up to the physician" and "Up to the prosecutor" are not satisfactory to me. Are they to you?
Okay, then the whole case is none of your business. But you didn't make a public spectacle of it. The question is relevant to the outcome.

It isn't entirely up to the physician. There are guidelines. That's why I was asking about the authorization process for Ohio.

Okay, then the whole case is none of your business. But you didn't make a public spectacle of it. The question is relevant to the outcome.

It isn't entirely up to the physician. There are guidelines. That's why I was asking about the authorization process for Ohio.
I agree that the whole case is none of my business.

I am guessing that with the uncertainty following Roe, all bets were off. The family apparently (WSJ) reported the rape June 22. Roe was struck June 24.

How long would you wait to see what's what before you took your 10 year old daughter to someone who would act definitively and 100% legally?

Reactions: pawd
Nothing to do with the actual crime being discussed.
Sorry Roy, but I'm able to think and discuss multiple topics at one time especially if they're related. I'll keep it in mind for future post that some can only handle the topic being discussed.

It's not hard to overlook it. Half a million women are raped each year. Most are young women. Many are juveniles. The fact that this rapist happens to be an illegal immigrant does not suggest that every rapist is.
It's not hard to overlook it if you refuse to acknowledge that an illegal person committed the act. You guys tend to put your heads in the sand when it comes to justifying open borders.

How is it "totally unrelated" when the crime was committed by an illegal?
It’s a fact that kids are raped everyday, by family members, by trusted figures such as at church, and less frequently by total strangers. The topic at hand is, given all these new laws, what is practically and legally allowed when these victims become pregnant. The background of the rapist has zero bearing.

The background of the rapist has zero bearing.

This is either really sinister or really stupid. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's the latter.

If immigration laws were strictly enforced, an illegal immigrant such as the rapist would not be in Ohio in the first place. Therefore, this rape would not have occurred.

I do agree that there is great importance on "what is practically and legally allowed when these victims become pregnant", but to say the rapist's background has "zero bearing" is just terrible and wholly incorrect.

...by trusted figures such as at church....The background of the rapist has zero bearing.

To be consistent: I thought "background" had zero bearing? You can't (righteously, imo) decry abuse by church officials on one hand and ignore that this act came from somebody that should have never had the opportunity to abuse this child. That's a separate (and legitimate) issue from the false abortion narrative that became national news.

The issue here is two-fold:

1. The source of the original story did not report an underage abortion, as required by law.

2. The reason the story became national news was because the child "had to" flee to Indiana, which is incorrect.

It's unfortunate that we live in an evil world where vile acts such as this occur. But, misleading information from the source of this story detracts from the real issue: protecting children from predators.

To be consistent: I thought "background" had zero bearing? You can't (righteously, imo) decry abuse by church officials on one hand and ignore that this act came from somebody that should have never had the opportunity to abuse this child. That's a separate (and legitimate) issue from the false abortion narrative that became national news.

The issue here is two-fold:

1. The source of the original story did not report an underage abortion, as required by law.

2. The reason the story became national news was because the child "had to" flee to Indiana, which is incorrect.

It's unfortunate that we live in an evil world where vile acts such as this occur. But, misleading information from the source of this story detracts from the real issue: protecting children from predators.
The point is that sexual crimes happen daily in all sorts of settings and with a multitude of different types of perpetrators.

The topic of this thread is what is the impact of the new restrictive abortion laws on the victims of sexual crimes such as this very real ten year old child.

Focusing on the nature of the perp in this instance is an obvious dog whistle that weakly tries to change the focus from the topic at hand and the embarrassment of right wing politicians and media who were proven dead wrong in their accusations of a manufactured story.

The topic of this thread is what is the impact of the new restrictive abortion laws on the victims of sexual crimes such as this very real ten year old child.

Yeah, but there was no "impact". This was a child abuse case, exploited to make an inaccurate abortion "point", at the expense of a 10-year old's rape.

1. It was inaccurately misrepresented by the abortion activist-source, for political gain
2. It was inaccurately referenced by POTUS for political gain
3. Ignoring that it was an illegal alien (a separate issue, as I mentioned above) would be heresy (pun intended) if it had been a clergy member. Let's not pretend the narrative of the story wouldn't be far-different had it been "Father Fuentes" vs. "Illegial-alien Fuentes".

Focusing on 'dog whistles' is a 'dog whistle' that distracts from the actual issue: The rape of a 10-year old. What politicians said on TV is absolutely irrelevant unless they had the full details & knowingly lied. Is there any evidence they did? It appears that the full release of information came after "local" authorities went on TV. There is far-more evidence that those closest to the situation exploited the crime against the child.

It's sickening, because the original source knew exactly what they were doing & chose the path they did.

had to cross state lines for an abortion……

The one that CNN, MSNBC, Ores Biden and VP Harris immediately touted…….might have been a fabricated story. Amazing.

No record of the child, the Ohio doctor or any law enforcement records of a child rape.

Either doctor, not reporting the pregnancy of a ten year old, would be in jail.

Ironic that the Ohio law changed the day before. 6 weeks is the threshold and lo and behold, the next day a ten year old rape victim is 6 weeks AND THREE DAYS pregnant. So without vetting the story, the liberal media pumps out the lie, the white house jumps on the election vote buy opportunity and pumps out the lie. The White House press secretary lies about not commenting on a DOJ investigation.

But there was no investigation. There was no reported rape. At this point, there is no 10 year old girl.

If it plays out as truth, I will stand down and stand corrected, but this just looks like the typical millennial tic tok mentality propaganda that is literally setting our country on fire.

And what about the rapist? Oh well. He doesn’t fit the narrative.
Please don't post this stuff on this board- you are entitled to your opinions but I don't want to hear them- only want to hear about Georgia football.

It is a private issue. No one knows who the girl is, thankfully, and hopefully no one ever will, though obviously I fear she has been doxxed to various outlets of the MSM, etc.

To be clear, it's not great that this is out there, but it is pretty perverse to blame it on people who are fighting to ensure that a 10 year old girl doesn't have to bear her rapist's child.
What fight? Her state would have provided for her. The situation was used to fabricate a push for an agenda.

1) a ten year old girl was raped
2) the national headline and promotion from the whitehouse and liberal media was the womens healthcare agenda, nothing else
3) It wasn’t a woman’s healthcare issue in Ohio at all, that was fabricated
4) every medical facility in each state knows their legal responsibilities and legal rights within the law
5) The family took their daughter to another state to have the abortion, which is what many would do to stay private

That is the story. The evil in this is the man who raped the girl, period.

We don’t know a thing about the girl, the family, the living conditions, lifestyle.

The abortion activist leaked the abortion to the media to create a storm about abortion rights.

The privacy laws will nail her. If a doctor in Ohio advised them to go out of state because Ohio would not allow the abortion, the parents can sue the doctor for malpractice.

This is not an abortion rights issue at all.

Please don't post this stuff on this board- you are entitled to your opinions but I don't want to hear them- only want to hear about Georgia football.
OK, but I will have to ask you to stop giving me your opinion. You are making me feel unsafe. Please don’t promote violence.

• Haha
Reactions: litedawg1968
Yeah, but there was no "impact". This was a child abuse case, exploited to make an inaccurate abortion "point", at the expense of a 10-year old's rape.

1. It was inaccurately misrepresented by the abortion activist-source, for political gain
3. Ignoring that it was an illegal alien (a separate issue, as I mentioned above) would be heresy (pun intended) if it had been a clergy member. Let's not pretend the narrative of the story wouldn't be far-different had it been "Father Fuentes" vs. "Illegial-alien Fuentes".

Focusing on 'dog whistles' is a 'dog whistle' that distracts from the actual issue: The rape of a 10-year old. What politicians said on TV is absolutely irrelevant unless they had the full details & knowingly lied. Is there any evidence they did? It appears that the full release of information came after "local" authorities went on TV. There is far-more evidence that those closest to the situation exploited the crime against the child.

It's sickening, because the original source knew exactly what they were doing & chose the path they did.
Outstanding recap. That is exactly the truth. Thank you for that.

d

It's pretty ghoulish of you guys to just doubt every aspect of this story, as if the existing encroachment on the right to privacy were not enough.

There will be many more stories like this... and you knew that would be true when you crowed about the repeal of Roe.

We don't know whether or why she had to go to Indiana because it is none of our business, but we know that others will have to do so because there is no rape exception in Ohio (as in other red states).
The despicable act was perpetrated by an illegal alien, so.

• Haha
Reactions: litedawg1968
What fight? Her state would have provided for her. The situation was used to fabricate a push for an agenda.

1) a ten year old girl was raped
2) the national headline and promotion from the whitehouse and liberal media was the womens healthcare agenda, nothing else
3) It wasn’t a woman’s healthcare issue in Ohio at all, that was fabricated
4) every medical facility in each state knows their legal responsibilities and legal rights within the law
5) The family took their daughter to another state to have the abortion, which is what many would do to stay private

That is the story. The evil in this is the man who raped the girl, period.

We don’t know a thing about the girl, the family, the living conditions, lifestyle.

The abortion activist leaked the abortion to the media to create a storm about abortion rights.

The privacy laws will nail her. If a doctor in Ohio advised them to go out of state because Ohio would not allow the abortion, the parents can sue the doctor for malpractice.

This is not an abortion rights issue at all.
"Her state would have provided" is a statement not grounded in fact. It's also perverse coming from you.

Nothing else after that makes a lick of sense:

The law is the law.

In this case, you are relying on the judgement of a physician, who might or might not be risking his/her license in determining that a child carrying a child to term risks the life of the mother. For instance, the case of the Indiana doctor now under investigation. At best, you are then relying on a prosecutor to decide not to pursue a case against an illegal abortion. The letter of the Ohio law would have declined this pregnancy and, more importantly, which you lugnuts will not comprehend, is the chilling effect that these laws have on all those you are saying "would have provided." The state cannot perform an abortion.

Reactions: willdup
The despicable act was perpetrated by an illegal alien, so.
What a bizarre take. The discussion is about posters who called the reports a lie.

Turns out the story was true. The posters who stated otherwise did so in an effort to discredit the democrats - which is pretty sick. Now they don't even have the basic human decency to acknowledge that they were wrong.

If you think the story is about the rapist being an illegal immigrant, and that this somehow makes liberals look bad - you are living in a fantasy world. All of the conservative network reporters, politicians, posters, etc that called the story a lie have turd on their face, and rightfully so.

The impact of these laws is this: they will cause many of these children/families to have few good options when it comes to seeking justice. What do you not understand about NO exception for rape or incest?

Forget the case of one child - what about the many?
What about the 15 year old in Alabama, raped by her stepfather?

These are daily occurrences here and elsewhere and this is why this sort of legislation - legislating away a woman's control of her body - is an abomination. Is the state of Ohio also going to set up a Women's Health Czar, to determine which woman / child's life is truly endangered by a pregnancy? How many ectopic pregnancies will rupture during that time? etc.

You guys are running down some pretty perverse rabbitholes with this "logic."

had to cross state lines for an abortion……

The one that CNN, MSNBC, Ores Biden and VP Harris immediately touted…….might have been a fabricated story. Amazing.

No record of the child, the Ohio doctor or any law enforcement records of a child rape.

Either doctor, not reporting the pregnancy of a ten year old, would be in jail.

Ironic that the Ohio law changed the day before. 6 weeks is the threshold and lo and behold, the next day a ten year old rape victim is 6 weeks AND THREE DAYS pregnant. So without vetting the story, the liberal media pumps out the lie, the white house jumps on the election vote buy opportunity and pumps out the lie. The White House press secretary lies about not commenting on a DOJ investigation.

But there was no investigation. There was no reported rape. At this point, there is no 10 year old girl.

If it plays out as truth, I will stand down and stand corrected, but this just looks like the typical millennial tic tok mentality propaganda that is literally setting our country on fire.

And what about the rapist? Oh well. He doesn’t fit the narrative.
A Columbus, Ohio man has been arrested and charged with the rape of a 10 year old girl who obtained an abortion in Indiana.
According to CNN, Gerson Fuentes, 27, was arrested and charged with felony rape of a minor. According to CNN, Fuentes admitted to authorities that he raped the minor on two occasions. One of the rapes may have occurred when the minor was 9.
Fuentes is scheduled to appear in Franklin County Municipal Court on Wednesday.
DNA results are pending.
I suggest you obtain the facts prior to pontificating.

img_6816.jpg
THE SHERIFF IS NEAR!

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
All of the conservative network reporters, politicians, posters, etc that called the story a lie have turd on their face, and rightfully so.
And there will be thousands of cases like this. The right does not want evidence of how badly wrong these draconian laws are destined to go.

and we can all agree that it is not great when a private matter gets blown up for political / legal purposes, doubted, and the parents/victim are then doxxed by those trying to ferret out the truth.

It's why the Supreme Court's Dobbs ruling will be seen as one of the worst in the long, sad history of that institution.

What a bizarre take. The discussion is about posters who called the reports a lie.

Turns out the story was true. The posters who stated otherwise did so in an effort to discredit the democrats - which is pretty sick. Now they don't even have the basic human decency to acknowledge that they were wrong.

If you think the story is about the rapist being an illegal immigrant, and that this somehow makes liberals look bad - you are living in a fantasy world. All of the conservative network reporters, politicians, posters, etc that called the story a lie have turd on their face, and rightfully so.
Spoiler alert- his take is no more bizarre than yours. Those networks have egg on their face because they were lied to. Kind of an important part that you conveniently omitted. This makes Liberals not only look bad , but actually evil.

Spoiler alert- his take is no more bizarre than yours. Those networks have egg on their face because they were lied to. Kind of an important part that you conveniently omitted. This makes Liberals not only look bad , but actually evil.
excuse me, how were they lied to? other than by the Ohio AG

also, how could MSM television news have more egg on their face, aside from being totally useless (and that includes FOX and all the other right wing comers).

The religious right and their representatives at the state and federal level did not want the story to be true because they absolutely do not want to admit the actual impact of these draconian laws that are being passed, with worse to come in the future. It highlights the undeniable horror these laws will put victims of sex crimes through, including but not limited to the child victims.

How people who consider themselves Christians can support no exceptions for rape and incest is truly beyond my comprehension as it represents a total disregard for those who deserve our greatest compassion, understanding and support.

So Fox News, Jim Jordan, OP, and the many others that said “no rape occurred, this was all a lie perpetrated by the liberals” …. they made these statements because they has been lied to by evil liberals? Please elaborate on your reasoning.

It’s hard to argue with a post that contains zero logic. Do better !

Reactions: shonuff253
So Fox News, Jim Jordan, OP, and the many others that said “no rape occurred, this was all a lie perpetrated by the liberals” …. they made these statements because they has been lied to by evil liberals? Please elaborate on your reasoning.

It’s hard to argue with a post that contains zero logic. Do better !
Team Personal Accountability strikes again!

The religious right and their representatives at the state and federal level did not want the story to be true because they absolutely do not want to admit the actual impact of these draconian laws that are being passed, with worse to come in the future. It highlights the undeniable horror these laws will put victims of sex crimes through, including but not limited to the child victims.

How people who consider themselves Christians can support no exceptions for rape and incest is truly beyond my comprehension as it represents a total disregard for those who deserve our greatest compassion, understanding and support.
Those incidents are rare and I haven't heard one person say a rape victim should be forced to carry a baby full term. I also heard many people were willing to assist individuals with transportation costs that live in areas where abortions are banned.

Those incidents are rare and I haven't heard one person say a rape victim should be forced to carry a baby full term. I also heard many people were willing to assist individuals with transportation costs that live in areas where abortions are banned.
Well, the Ohio law does not have an exception for rape, so I guess you aren't looking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT