ADVERTISEMENT

So why is new Supreme Court judge allowing the media

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
to call her a woman?

Just curious. A week ago she could not define the term.

While she might end up being a great member, the facts are as follows:

1) She was placed at the front of the line because of her skin color, not her qualifications.

2) She was placed at the front of the line because of her sex, which is actually counter to the liberal understanding of binary choice. But for the sake of the ridiculous grandstanding, the media is happy to place the “woman” label on her.

3) She has consistently been involved in political activist movements and decisions that were not based on constitutional law, but on the affirmative action doctrine. This, in a normal society, would exclude her from even being considered for a position on the Supreme Court. Judges are not to enact laws, but rather, interpet laws as they were intended, regardless of personal opinion.

4) Being a woman and being a black person should never preclude anyone from attaining the position as Supreme Court judge and it has not in the past.

5) President Biden and the Democratic Party pushed a vote buy and grandstanded.

6) Now President Biden will surely be asked why he chose her sex when a man is normally ridiculed when determining the sex of a perceived female. Where is the transgender backlash

7) When a human being openly fights for the right to kill a human life, it is evil. She can rule on the rights under current law rulings, but she has openly fought for the vulgar act of killing the unborn and promotes decision murder after birth. This, in my eyes, makes her an animal.

My opinion in the matter. Open to friendly discussion. But I will not feel obligated to cater to the media driven historical nature of this vote. It was given to her to gain political favor. Ridiculous.

My opinion on political activism and abortion would be the same for any appointee, white, black, yellow, man, female, partially female, trans Siberian male, whatever.

What makes it worse, is that no one else had a chance. Sad day for our country.

to call her a woman?

1) She was placed at the front of the line because of her skin color, not her qualifications.

2) She was placed at the front of the line because of her sex, which is actually counter to the liberal understanding of binary choice. But for the sake of the ridiculous grandstanding, the media is happy to place the “woman” label on her.

3) She has consistently been involved in political activist movements and decisions that were not based on constitutional law, but on the affirmative action doctrine. This, in a normal society, would exclude her from even being considered for a position on the Supreme Court. Judges are not to enact laws, but rather, interpet laws as they were intended, regardless of personal opinion.

4) Being a woman and being a black person should never preclude anyone from attaining the position as Supreme Court judge and it has not in the past.

6) Now President Biden will surely be asked why he chose her sex when a man is normally ridiculed when determining the sex of a perceived female. Where is the transgender backlash

7) When a human being openly fights for the right to kill a human life, it is evil. She can rule on the rights under current law rulings, but she has openly fought for the vulgar act of killing the unborn and promotes decision murder after birth. This, in my eyes, makes her an animal.

My opinion in the matter. Open to friendly discussion. But I will not feel obligated to cater to the media driven historical nature of this vote. It was given to her to gain political favor. Ridiculous.

My opinion on political activism and abortion would be the same for any appointee, white, black, yellow, man, female, partially female, trans Siberian male, whatever.

Well presented PW.....however...Gird your Loins and prepare for the Libtardian Swarm soon to descend upon you.....

Well presented PW.....however...Gird your Loins and prepare for the Libtardian Swarm soon to descend upon you.....
Thanks G Jim!

I am man, or whatever, enough to take it. I will boldly go where no man has gone before.

The Gird status button has been engaged.

I have many liberal friends on this board. I shared logical personal opinion with truthful statements that cannot be denied. We will just to agree to disagree.

Thanks again.

to call her a woman?

CQkh.gif

Potimus, I agree with several of your comments in this thread, but I take exception to the one I copied above.

You say that being a women or a black person has not precluded a women or a black person from being on the court in the past. Let's take a look at the numbers:

There have been 115 Supreme Court justices, four have been women. Women account for just over 50% of the population, but only 3.4% of Supreme Court justices.

Prior to Ms. Jackson, there had been two black judges which represented 1.7% of total Supreme Court judges. Blacks represent 13.4% of the US population.

Based on the above, it appears that being a women or a black person has been a significant road block to being a Supreme Court Justice.

Potimus, I agree with several of your comments in this thread, but I take exception to the one I copied above.

You say that being a women or a black person has not precluded a women or a black person from being on the court in the past. Let's take a look at the numbers:

There have been 115 Supreme Court justices, four have been women. Women account for just over 50% of the population, but only 3.4% of Supreme Court justices.

Prior to Ms. Jackson, there had been two black judges which represented 1.7% of total Supreme Court judges. Blacks represent 13.4% of the US population.

Based on the above, it appears that being a women or a black person has been a significant road block to being a Supreme Court Justice.
Your man Reagan appointed nothing but four honkies.

Food, good information and I understand your point.

In my comment I didn’t say “never”, I said it should not. I agree with you that in our history, blacks and/or women have been blocked in many places of leadership and authority. That is not debatable in any way, but not the point of, well, my point.

I have never been in favor of artificially creating equality. Don’t get me wrong here, equality is a human necessity, but placement of equality outside of natural occurrences is a dangerous precedent.

Human nature is complex. When it comes to authority, it must be earned or the point of authority is lost. The act of authority must be respected by those serving under the authority.

In the attempt to create equality artificially within the percentage of leadership does not support basic human work based incentives and actually bastardizes initiative. It works against the basic life skills we teach and learn.

Political manipulation of equality, outside of the basic guarantees stated clearly in our Constitution, creates a wider racial conflict. I do not believe for a minute that the black citizen in our country is incapable of attaining equality. But opportunity must be the catalyst, not affirmative placement.

Affirmative placement is a political power play and does not serve the greater good of the citizen. But it does serve the political elite who desire to sell equality for power.

Your point was well stated. Thanks for that. Just wanted to clarify my point. And no, I do not agree with this selection based on the merit of her work.

Reactions: dawgfood0612

Herein lies the problem. 4.7% of all attorneys are minorities (or specifically, black individuals). That leaves a very small group of applicants for a position that only includes a very small subset of what should be the “best of the best of the best”. Now I’m sure there is a minority out there that is qualified to assume this vacant spot on the SC. But the odds that there is a better candidate in the 4.7% than the 94.3% is exceedingly low. Theses numbers have nothing to do with color. It’s more about where you are most likely to find a supreme candidate.
But do we really feel that she is the absolute top of that 4.7%? I find that incredibly hard to believe.
I do not care the racial makeup of the SC and frankly don’t think it should matter - because these individuals should be beyond the barrier of race. In fact, their compass should not have race as a direction on its face. It’s about interpretation of the law.
‘This choice was purely to drive an agenda.
Now if you want to discuss how we get more non-whites to pursue law as a career - thats a totally different discussion.
‘JC

I would also add that she sympathizes with pedophiles and terrorists. Absolutely disgusting.
That’s just BS.

Republicans have more than enough housekeeping of their own to do regarding sexual crimes before accusing others.

Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz and the latest addition, former Trump/GOP aid Rueben Verastigui. Let’s not forget lifetime award winners Denny Hastert and Mark Foley.

And the right to competent legal council is foundational to our entire legal system. Her experience as a defense attorney will be very valuable on the court.

That’s just BS.

Republicans have more than enough housekeeping of their own to do regarding sexual crimes before accusing others.

Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz and the latest addition, former Trump/GOP aid Rueben Verastigui. Let’s not forget lifetime award winners Denny Hastert and Mark Foley.

And the right to competent legal council is foundational to our entire legal system. Her experience as a defense attorney will be very valuable on the court.
But they are not nominees to be on the Supreme Court.

Her job is to protect the integrity of the Constitution, not enact policy.

Her activism background should concern every citizen.

Time will tell if she will attempt to move the Constitution or defend it.

But they are not nominees to be on the Supreme Court.

Her job is to protect the integrity of the Constitution, not enact policy.

Her activism background should concern every citizen.

Time will tell if she will attempt to move the Constitution or defend it.
While I do disagree with several of your points, my post was in response to the charge that she sympathizes with pedophiles and terrorist.

You make some legitimate points about her judicial philosophy but the character assassination of someone who by all accounts has lived a very productive and impactful life is unnecessary.

And before anyone brings up Kavanaugh, I didn’t support how he was treated either.

While I do disagree with several of your points, my post was in response to the charge that she sympathizes with pedophiles and terrorist.

You make some legitimate points about her judicial philosophy but the character assassination of someone who by all accounts has lived a very productive and impactful life is unnecessary.

And before anyone brings up Kavanaugh, I didn’t support how he was treated either.
I hear what you are saying. It is some what of a character assassination. Every single confirmation has been. Every one in recent memory.

She is well qualified and has worked at nearly every level of law you can work at. But she was brought into the light. And what I heard bothers me. 10 years ago, if someone asked her the questions that she is most been vilified for, they would have been considered softball and ridiculous questions. Define a woman? She would have easily answered that 10 years ago. Same with the pedo line of questions. She would have just said, look at my record. I have been hard on them during sentencing. Instead, she went and tried to walk the party line. That isn’t what a judge should be worried about. So from this point on, she is no longer this strong, black woman candidate everyone knew was going to be on the court one day. Now she is just going to rule according to How her party Deems she should at the time. Ho hum. Disappointing to me. She could have had some great insights with what she has accomplished

Last edited:

Yes, character assassination, during the process is wrong.

I have never, and will never, understand the support of the killing of conceived human life. So I see that as a cold and animalistic approach to human selfishness.

This opinion is not allowed to be voiced.

Her ability to apply logic, as she sees it, is not in question and there are many that have had productive and impactful lives.

My prayer is that she is a protective Supreme Court judge. It is not my desire to attack her or see her flail.

your conclusion is that she's an animal?

and you are "open" to friendly discussion?

how about: no.
My opinion has nothing to do with friendly discussion. Debating conclusions to a situation is the basis of discussion.

If my opinion does not line up with yours, explain. Convince me that my opinion is wrong.

My perspective is from the value of human life. I welcome your perspective. Just don’t hurt my feelings. I am sensitive.

Yes, character assassination, during the process is wrong.

I have never, and will never, understand the support of the killing of conceived human life. So I see that as a cold and animalistic approach to human selfishness.

This opinion is not allowed to be voiced.

Her ability to apply logic, as she sees it, is not in question and there are many that have had productive and impactful lives.

My prayer is that she is a protective Supreme Court judge. It is not my desire to attack her or see her flail.
You make it seem like abortion is a liberal/democrate thing that was invented by democrats, and only performed by democrats…..

I was very surprised how much abortion in its many forms is covered in the Bible, with the lord himself causing quite a few on purpose apparently . Is the lord disgusting?

Reactions: mitchelldawg
You make it seem like abortion is a liberal/democrate thing that was invented by democrats, and only performed by democrats…..

I was very surprised how much abortion in its many forms is covered in the Bible, with the lord himself causing quite a few on purpose apparently . Is the lord disgusting?
Can you provide evidence of where that happened in scripture? I must have read over all that.

That’s just BS.

Glad they prosecute those scumbags, but it is time to move on from putting Gaetz in that category.

You have to understand God correctly. This should help.

NSFW

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT