ADVERTISEMENT

The indictment of star Biden impeachment witness Smirnov is one wild ride

willdup

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
In court filing seeking pretrial jail, Justice Dept alleges Alexander Smirnov, an FBI informant accused of making false claims of bribery against President Biden, had contacts........ with Russian intelligence.

Reminder, Fox News mentioned Smirnov's name over 2000 times.

What entirely unsurprising news.

Those same operatives also told Smirnov that they had intercepted phone calls of "prominent US persons" that could be used as "kompromat" in the 2024 election.

Wonder how Comer and Jim Jordan are feeling right about now?

Last edited:
Hey sometimes bad witnesses and bad info happens

We could have went the FISA route with this bad info but saw that not play out so well once….

Hey sometimes bad witnesses and bad info happens

We could have went the FISA route with this bad info but saw that not play out so well once….
Actually, there is evidence that Barr was well aware of these issues and shut down the investigation back in 2020. Stay tuned for more on that one...

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlottedawgs
U huh

So the Steele Dossier was 100% on the up and up and all 100% factual evidence used to obtain the warrants.

Got it I guess I was mislead all these years

Not at all
The Steele dossier was not the primary reason Trump was investigated. While it played a central and essential role in the seeking of FISA warrants on Carter Page, it was not the trigger for the opening of the Russia investigation into whether the Trump campaign was coordinating with Russia.

Multiple US government inquiries uncovered dozens of contacts between Trump campaign associates and Russians, which have since been acknowledged.

Regardless, that isn't relevant to the discussion of this situation and if Bill Barr had credible evidence that Smirnov was compromised and failed to further investigate. Smirnov has been THE primary witness in the entire Biden impeachment effort for years now.

The Steele dossier was not the primary reason Trump was investigated. While it played a central and essential role in the seeking of FISA warrants on Carter Page, it was not the trigger for the opening of the Russia investigation into whether the Trump campaign was coordinating with Russia.

Multiple US government inquiries uncovered dozens of contacts between Trump campaign associates and Russians, which have since been acknowledged.

Regardless, that isn't relevant to the discussion of this situation and if Bill Barr had credible evidence that Smirnov was compromised and failed to further investigate. Smirnov has been THE primary witness in the entire Biden impeachment effort for years now.
I got you man.

Dems investigations always 100% on the up and up

Pub investigations are not

Never mind the Steele dossier….which was not based on 100% factual cooperated evidence, was used to obtain FISA warrants.

Anything I say not factually correct?

Star witness? Maybe as a smoking gun to specifically connect the dots of a financial quid pro quo leading to the firing of an enemy of Burisma. Won’t argue that.

To me this whole thing was never about that specifically. There’s just sooooo much smoke with the maze of LLCs, Biden family members, “the big guy”, the phone calls, etc. To your point, maybe it doesn’t add up to a legal smoking gun….but at this point it is a real stretch to believe JoeB wasn’t in on all this stuff with Hunter and the millions paid and distributed to family members. And whether it went directly into Joe’s bank account doesn’t matter. The whole thing was obviously set up to create two things:

1) Get paid for access / influence
2) Plausible deniability for the President himself.

In a counterintuitive way, the existence of all the plausible deniability and lack of direct smoking gun makes it even more clear that this was very well planned and had a broad reach beyond this Ukrainian politician. This was a business enterprise.

A majority of the country believes Joe was in on this thing. You don’t need a smoking gun towards one specific policy to smell all the smoke here.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
I got you man.

Dems investigations always 100% on the up and up

Pub investigations are not

Never mind the Steele dossier….which was not based on 100% factual cooperated evidence, was used to obtain FISA warrants.

Anything I say not factually correct?
The misuse of the Steele dossier was absolutely a problem, which was documented and addressed by the FBI IG nearly three years before Durham issued his report. It was not the primary reason that Trump and his campaign were investigated regarding contacts with Russia.

Star witness? Maybe as a smoking gun to specifically connect the dots of a financial quid pro quo leading to the firing of an enemy of Burisma. Won’t argue that.

To me this whole thing was never about that specifically. There’s just sooooo much smoke with the maze of LLCs, Biden family members, “the big guy”, the phone calls, etc. To your point, maybe it doesn’t add up to a legal smoking gun….but at this point it is a real stretch to believe JoeB wasn’t in on all this stuff with Hunter and the millions paid and distributed to family members. And whether it went directly into Joe’s bank account doesn’t matter. The whole thing was obviously set up to create two things:

1) Get paid for access / influence
2) Plausible deniability for the President himself.

In a counterintuitive way, the existence of all the plausible deniability and lack of direct smoking gun makes it even more clear that this was very well planned and had a broad reach beyond this Ukrainian politician. This was a business enterprise.

A majority of the country believes Joe was in on this thing. You don’t need a smoking gun towards one specific policy to smell all the smoke here.
Well, the GOP on the impeachment inquiry and right wing media certainly focused on Smirnoff, rather relentlessly actually.

We still don’t have funds going to Joe, and not even speculation much less proof of what policy Joe was supposed to have changed for the benefit of foreign interests. I think at this point even mentioning Burisma should be off the table now that we know the primary source for that situation was working with Russian intelligence.

Think about how emberrasing this is for the GOP. Trump was impeached for trying to strong arm Zelensky for dirt, the promise of compromising tapes was BS from the beginning, and now we know that the same Russians who worked to help Trump in 2016 were behind the the primary human source on the matter. And, this is going to get uglier once it comes out who (Barr and Rudy) knew about Smirnov’s credibility issues and how early they knew (2020).

The fact that Trump is the 2024 GOP nominee is just amazing. History is going to be very, very unkind to the party in the future as more and more is uncovered.

The misuse of the Steele dossier was absolutely a problem, which was documented and addressed by the FBI IG nearly three years before Durham issued his report. It was not the primary reason that Trump and his campaign were investigated regarding contacts with Russia.

Well, the GOP on the impeachment inquiry and right wing media certainly focused on Smirnoff, rather relentlessly actually.

We still don’t have funds going to Joe, and not even speculation much less proof of what policy Joe was supposed to have changed for the benefit of foreign interests. I think at this point even mentioning Burisma should be off the table now that we know the primary source for that situation was working with Russian intelligence.

Think about how emberrasing this is for the GOP. Trump was impeached for trying to strong arm Zelensky for dirt, the promise of compromising tapes was BS from the beginning, and now we know that the same Russians who worked to help Trump in 2016 were behind the the primary human source on the matter. And, this is going to get uglier once it comes out who (Barr and Rudy) knew about Smirnov’s credibility issues and how early they knew (2020).

The fact that Trump is the 2024 GOP nominee is just amazing. History is going to be very, very unkind to the party in the future as more and more is uncovered.
As I’ve said before you are too smart to not admit in an honest moment that Joe knew his family was getting paid for his influence.

As I’ve said before you are too smart to not admit in an honest moment that Joe knew his family was getting paid for his influence.
I’ve said from the beginning that Hunter was trading off the promise of access and influence. That doesn’t mean that Joe was a participant.

When questioned under oath, not one of the witnesses have testified that Joe was a participant. And now the primary human source has not just been shown to lack credibility, we know he was working with Russian intelligence.

In the mean time, Republicans know that Trump asked for and got Russian with the hack and release, and can’t muster up one word of condemnation after Putin blatantly murdered his opposition. And nobody in the party seems to care.

I’ve said from the beginning that Hunter was trading off the promise of access and influence. That doesn’t mean that Joe was a participant.

When questioned under oath, not one of the witnesses have testified that Joe was a participant. And now the primary human source has not just been shown to lack credibility, we know he was working with Russian intelligence.

In the mean time, Republicans know that Trump asked for and got Russian with the hack and release, and can’t muster up one word of condemnation after Putin blatantly murdered his opposition. And nobody in the party seems to care.
So you believe Joe when he went on national
Television and denied his family had been paid any money from Ukraine and China

So you believe Joe when he went on national
Television and denied his family had been paid any money from Ukraine and China
To clarify the quote, it was regarding China and not Ukraine, and it was a lie.

Joe Biden: “Nothing was unethical. … My son has not made money in terms of this thing about, what are you talking about, China. I have not had … the only guy who made money from China is this guy [Donald Trump]. He’s the only one. Nobody else has made money from China.”
— exchange in the second presidential debate, Oct. 22, 2020

Hunter did receive money from China, but I think it’s important to note that the money he made in China did not begin until after Joe was out of office and ended before he became president.

If China was paying for access to a former VP, I’m not sure what they got for their investment or what Joe delivered for Hunter’s money. I’m also unclear what law was broken.

So he lied. Thats fine all politicians lie

Just wanted it in record

That Russian bounty on American soldiers line was a doozy as well

Last edited:
So he lied. Thats fine all politicians lie

Just wanted it in record
Biden’s been in DC for four decades. Of course he lies. I may skew dem dem these days but I’m not that stupid.

Comparing politicians is always a relative exercise.

This isnt going away, and Bidens day will come where he has to answer for this. He can only hide behind his lies, and politicized DOJ for so long

And the hits just keep coming. I think the government made a very compelling argument that Smirnov is a flight risk, and he was just released on no bail. Seems odd, right? Perhaps that kompromat he referenced is in play.

And the hits just keep coming. I think the government made a very compelling argument that Smirnov is a flight risk, and he was just released on no bail. Seems odd, right? Perhaps that kompromat he referenced is in play.
Nice Tactic - grab one piece of news that seemingly damages only one of the gazillion cases of smoke in this whole scheme and paint the whole scheme as a conspiracy.

did you not read my point? This Smirnov guy being compromised does nothing to change anyone’s questions about the existence of all these payments. Through all these LLC’s - from foreign governments to Biden’s family.

This isnt going away, and Bidens day will come where he has to answer for this. He can only hide behind his lies, and politicized DOJ for so long

Bobulinski testified back in 2020 and he wasn’t impressive then.
Nice Tactic - grab one piece of news that seemingly damages only one of the gazillion cases of smoke in this whole scheme and paint the whole scheme as a conspiracy.

did you not read my point? This Smirnov guy being compromised does nothing to change anyone’s questions about the existence of all these payments. Through all these LLC’s - from foreign governments to Biden’s family.
Let me try this one more time before calling it a night. Hunter was selling the promise of influence and access, which can be a very lucrative business in DC. I’ve never denied this. Comer and crew have yet to show that anything about those payments or the shell companies were illegal in any way, despite how you and the GOP keep talking about them like they are proof of impropriety.

There remains no proof that Joe received a penny, and every time Comer has suggested they have the goods, they end up looking like idiots.

So Hunter clearly profited in an unseemly manner. Not illegal but unseemly.

Now, we aren’t talking $2b from Saudi Arabia to a former WH advisor who oversaw the Middle East kinds of unseemly, but Hunter is a sleaze, for sure. He never worked for the government and his dad hasn’t been proven to have derived a benefit or altered policy in any way. In the case of China, it would have been tough given that deal happened in 2017 and Joe wasn’t in office at the time.

Bobulinski testified back in 2020 and he wasn’t impressive then.

Let me try this one more time before calling it a night. Hunter was selling the promise of influence and access, which can be a very lucrative business in DC. I’ve never denied this. Comer and crew have yet to show that anything about those payments or the shell companies were illegal in any way, despite how you and the GOP keep talking about them like they are proof of impropriety.

There remains no proof that Joe received a penny, and every time Comer has suggested they have the goods, they end up looking like idiots.

So Hunter clearly profited in an unseemly manner. Not illegal but unseemly.

Now, we aren’t talking $2b from Saudi Arabia to a former WH advisor who oversaw the Middle East kinds of unseemly, but Hunter is a sleaze, for sure. He never worked for the government and his dad hasn’t been proven to have derived a benefit or altered policy in any way. In the case of China, it would have been tough given that deal happened in 2017 and Joe wasn’t in office at the time.
Joe lied, there are mounds of evidence to prove his lies…your boy Bobulinski that wasn’t impressive to you, but to many others it seems, will be both Hunter and “The Big Guy’s“ downfall. It’s funny how the narrative and the Biden‘s story continuously changes. First it was “I’ve never had anything to do with my sons business dealings” and now we are at ”Joe wasnt in office at the time”. Lol…If there was nothing there, then it begs the question, why does the FBI and the Dept of Justice continually refuse to release information requested documents by investigators. I know you wish this would go away, and it’s quite comical watching you try to defend it, but it’s just beginning.

Great link. Nailed it.

The article, from last year, is about the FBI informant under discussion tonight. The one who was just indicted for lying and has admitted to working with Russian intelligence.

Great link. Nailed it.

The article, from last year, is about the FBI informant under discussion tonight. The one who was just indicted for lying and has admitted to working with Russian intelligence.
Read them all, have fun! Too much out there to deny..his day in court will come

Great link. Nailed it.

Just another coincidence

Last edited:

Overreaching. Smirnov would have helped to connect the dots. No matter how hard you try, they still set up shell companies to launder money into the Biden family accounts. Why try so hard to hide the money? Are we to believe slojoe had no idea what his family was up to. The proof of this money being paid is already out there. Hiding it. Already a fact. What it was given for will be the hardest to prove. It is ambiguous. However none of his family members had one skill helpful to any of these companies they sat on the board of. Eventually they will sort out the accounting. Biden completely lying about meeting with or helping hunter’s business associates is just one more dot. He adamantly denied this for years. Turned out to be a lie. Why lie if nothing is going on.

Last but not least. He was flat broke in 2008. How is he doing now. While just being a civil servant.

Last but not least. He was flat broke in 2008. How is he doing now. While just being a civil servant.
Seeing that Congress has had Biden's tax returns going back 3 decades my guess is Republicans have found nothing illegal against Biden

Reactions: nice marmot
Seeing that Congress has had Biden's tax returns going back 3 decades my guess is Republicans have found nothing illegal against Biden
And “good fortune” put Hunter’s laptop in Rudy’s hands over four years ago, which was an unbelievable stroke of good luck if you were trying to prove someone’s guilt.

The entire process has resulted in embarrassment after embarrassment for the GOP. It’s so bad, the fact that their star Ukraine witness has admitted working with Russian intelligence doesn’t even require acknowledgment. Just like the promise of tapes, the total mischaracterization of witnesses testimony and all the rest.

Hell, MTG sharing Hunter’s dick pics on the House floor may be the high water mark so far.

I guess they didn’t see the “illegal cash for influence” line item on his 1040.

A maze of LLcs funneling tens of millions to Biden family members with zero expertise in anything valuable to foreign entities. But if those millions aren’t right there on the tax returns, he’s good.

Tax returns. That’s it. If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit.

I guess they didn’t see the “illegal cash for influence” line item on his 1040.

A maze of LLcs funneling tens of millions to Biden family members with zero expertise in anything valuable to foreign entities. But if those millions aren’t right there on the tax returns, he’s good.

Tax returns. That’s it. If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit.
And Hunter’s laptop, and bank records. They’ve been up the Biden’s backsides for four years now.

Knowing and having access to powerful people is a marketable commodity in DC. It’s not illegal. If it was, that GOP would be detailing the financial crimes instead of having to infer impropriety from perfectly legal financial entities.

And Hunter’s laptop, and bank records. They’ve been up the Biden’s backsides for four years now.

Knowing and having access to powerful people is a marketable commodity in DC. It’s not illegal. If it was, that GOP would be detailing the financial crimes instead of having to infer impropriety from perfectly legal financial entities.
Make no mistake - the ONLY reason any of this came to light is because Hunter left a laptop at a repair shop. From there it is a master class at plausible deniability. Very organized.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT