ADVERTISEMENT

The indictment of star Biden impeachment witness Smirnov is one wild ride

The $2b investment in the new Kushner Venture fund was for services rendered when Kushner was a top WH advisor overseeing the Middle East.
  • Kushner has no experience in venture capital and MBS made the investment over the objections of the Suadi Sovereign Wealth investment committee.
  • They are paying a 1.25 basis point management fee, which is very high given the circumstances. That's $25m per year regardless of performance. Nice work if you can get it.
What did Kushner provide for this great show of faith in a first time VC, you ask? Great question!

He ran cover for MBS after he assassinated and chopped up a US resident.

And he almost certainly provided the intelligence that allowed MBS to target and purge internal Saudi opposition.

Sounds like a great investment for MBS.

Was the money invested in his company during or after he was on staff?

Was the money invested in his company during or after he was on staff?
Ah, I see you are going with the intentionally obtuse defense here.

Obviously, you feel it's OK for a direct payoff from a foreign nation to a senior WH advisor for prior favorable treatment, as long as they wait until right after that person leaves the WH. Because there's no way that promises were made during government service for money after government service.

And of course, this situation is exactly like the Biden's situation, where there isn't even a proposed scenario of what Joe did to help China while he was VP, much less proof of payments to Joe.

Reminder, Kushner couldn't even get security clearance until Trump directly intervened in the approval process. Now we know why.

Reactions: celticdawg
So whats the solution from the right on Ukraine, that we should let Russia have the country?
They are going to win anyway , unless we give Ukraine fighter jets , which isnt happening. Ukraine isnt a NATO member and are the most corrupt country on Earth , so why do we give a crap? Unless we were planning to take it over ourselves?......

Obviously, you feel it's OK for a direct payoff from a foreign nation to a senior WH advisor for prior favorable treatment, as long as they wait until right after that person leaves the WH. Because there's no way that promises were made during government service for money after government service.

And of course, this situation is exactly like the Biden's situation, where there isn't even a proposed scenario of what Joe did to help China while he was VP, much less proof of payments to Joe.

Reminder, Kushner couldn't even get security clearance until Trump directly intervened in the approval process. Now we know why.

I just asked 1 simple question that you seem to not be ok with answering.

It’s a very simple question, I’ll even give you some relation so it can be a 2 way street

Like the Biden family received money from China after Joe was out of office

Did the Saudis invest 2B in Jared Kushners company during or after he left the White House

Man you guys will believe anything the media feeds you. The article is from 2019 and in peak TRUMP HATRED ALERT.

Im sorry, I just dont believe any of this on both sides .

And the fact that you dont see that the Biden Administration/ DOJ is burning this guy Smirnoff to make political hay is astounding. Hed been getting paid as a spy for years and was on the CIA payroll for at least 10 years.

Shell companies aren’t illegal and neither is lobbying. If it were, Hunter would already be indicted for it.

Trump hasn’t bothered to hide his corruption and lack of respect for the law and Jared didn’t bother to hide his $2b sweetheart deal with MBS because republicans have already proven that rule of law is no longer a thing for them. Trump’s corruption is just another part to sticking it to the libs.

Trump asked for and got help from Russia before the 2016 election and that worked out great for him. The Russian involvement in the Biden smear campaign is going to continue to unwind, and fairly quickly I’d guess.

Business Insider? Arent they the rag that went after Dave Portnoy and they went out of business? They are not reputable. At all.

I’m not trying to argue with you

It’s shady as hell that Kush got that money from the Saudis….see I have 0 problem admitting that

You have a problem with morality high ground in your defense of the Bidens

It IS absolutely shady the Biden family made millions of dollars from foreign companies in countries Joe over saw foreign relations with, foreign communist countries, and countries that paid his family members through a network of companies, not directly, WHILE he was the VP

It’s ok, it happened it is what it is. Just admit it hahaha it’s fine

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
I just asked 1 simple question that you seem to not be ok with answering.

It’s a very simple question, I’ll even give you some relation so it can be a 2 way street

Like the Biden family received money from China after Joe was out of office

Did the Saudis invest 2B in Jared Kushners company during or after he left the White House
Obviously, Jared would be unable to accept an investment generating $25m per year in fees while he was still serving in the WH.

MBS made that investment after Kushner left the WH and it turns out Kushner attempted to hide the source of those funds when the investment was made.

I detailed what I believe Kushner delivered to MBS for that extraordinary investment from Suadi Arabia.

Please feel free to share what you speculate Joe delivered to China that led to Hunter's contract with a Chinese company.

Thank you for answering it only took 3 tries hahaha, I’m just messing with you

Now next question

Is Jared Kushners company the Saudis invested in a legit investment firm? The shadiness of him getting the money is beside the point

Thank you for answering it only took 3 tries hahaha, I’m just messing with you

Now next question

Is Jared Kushners company the Saudis invested in a legit investment firm? The shadiness of him getting the money is beside the point
Yes it is, albeit one that received a huge investment with a very favorable fee structure for a company with zero past record of venture capital investment success.

Now a question for you. Was Hunter Biden a highly paid DC lobbyist going back as far as 2001, when he and two partners started a registered lobbying firm? Did they earn millions in fees before Joe was ever VP?

If so, does that perhaps suggest that the agreement with the Chinese company might have been a legitimate lobbying contract?

Yes it is, albeit one that received a huge investment with a very favorable fee structure for a company with zero past record of venture capital investment success.

Now a question for you. Was Hunter Biden a highly paid DC lobbyist going back as far as 2001, when he and two partners started a registered lobbying firm? Did they earn millions in fees before Joe was ever VP?

If so, does that perhaps suggest that the agreement with the Chinese company might have been a legitimate lobbying contract?
I am unaware of Hunters previous business ventures but I will gladly take your word for it.

If the money from China was legit….which by all accords it is….why the hell is there a need to lie about it on national television to the entire country hahaha. Just say yeah my family made money off China.

Now what services and what business do we think Hallie Biden offered the company from Romania? Why is there a need to develop shell companies, to funnel money to LLCs owned by the Biden family. Tax purposes? If their business is a legitimate business and the Biden family was offering services for pay, what are the services?

What service was Hunter Biden providing Burisma? His expertise in helping run energy companies hahaha.

Of course not…it was compete and total access to his father….when he was VP.

I like mixing it up with you. I respect the heck out of your opinion.

But the Biden family ain’t no better or worse than the Trumps in my opinion when it comes to shady money

So, he registered as a foreign agent under FARA? To not do so gets you prison time ususally.

I am unaware of Hunters previous business ventures but I will gladly take your word for it.

If the money from China was legit….which by all accords it is….why the hell is there a need to lie about it on national television to the entire country hahaha. Just say yeah my family made money off China.

Now what services and what business do we think Hallie Biden offered the company from Romania? Why is there a need to develop shell companies, to funnel money to LLCs owned by the Biden family. Tax purposes? If their business is a legitimate business and the Biden family was offering services for pay, what are the services?

What service was Hunter Biden providing Burisma? His expertise in helping run energy companies hahaha.

But the Biden family ain’t no better or worse than the Trumps in my opinion when it comes to shady mone
Forty years in DC and a crack addict (not playing, Hunter went deep) son? I’m sure there is all sorts sketchy going on. Whether any laws were broken remains to be seen.

Reactions: Don Ellis

But the Biden family ain’t no better or worse than the Trumps in my opinion when it comes to shady money
Question for you. After the Hunter testimony this week, is it possible that he was actually qualified to undertake the work he was paid for in Ukraine and China? That’s always been perhaps the single biggest argument regarding malfeasance, that Hunter was never qualified for any of this work.

I think it’s time to put the inquiry to bed.

Question for you. After the Hunter testimony this week, is it possible that he was actually qualified to undertake the work he was paid for in Ukraine and China? That’s always been perhaps the single biggest argument regarding malfeasance, that Hunter was never qualified for any of this work.

So your main argument has always been Hunter is a crackhead promising access to his Dad but never really giving it? To be clear - are you now suggesting that the tens of millions of dollars were paid to the Bidens because of Hunter's legit expertise in foreign affairs? A much more solid and intelligent person than a deplorable wrestling coach?

Got it. Nothing to see here. Bidens are squeaky clean.

He was definitely more qualified than Jared to lead the U.S. Middle East peace process and walk away with....check my notes...$2 Billion

So your main argument has always been Hunter is a crackhead promising access to his Dad but never really giving it? To be clear - are you now suggesting that the tens of millions of dollars were paid to the Bidens because of Hunter's legit expertise in foreign affairs? A much more solid and intelligent person than a deplorable wrestling coach?

Got it. Nothing to see here. Bidens are squeaky clean.
No, I’m suggesting that the value proposition of Hunter Biden included the inferred promise of access and influence. I’ve acknowledged that for some of the time in question he was a crackhead, so it’s fair to assume he had questionable judgement. But I’ve also pointed out in the past that he had real experience and in fact was paid millions as a lobbyist before his father was ever VP.

No comment regarding Hunter’s experience or his testimony? Any thoughts about the current state of the impeachment inquiry?

He was definitely more qualified than Jared to lead the U.S. Middle East peace process and walk away with....check my notes...$2 Billion
Now that’s an irrefutable fact.

He runs a fund that manages billions. Above board, SEC registered, and consistent with his history / expertise, and the expertise of his family who have been in private equity for generations. The PIF is one of a bunch of investors. There is no question whatsoever what all the investors are paying for in terms of their fees and carry just like any other fund. There also isn't a maze of LLC's designed to hide the ultimate recipients of the GP profits on the fund after expenses. You can argue his exposure and relationships led to landing a big investment, which is probably correct - as it plays into every fund manager's ability to secure commitments from LP's.

Furthermore, I've seen plenty of very respected business folks on CNBC talk about the middle east expertise of Jared and the legitimacy there.

Apples and Oranges.

No, I’m suggesting that the value proposition of Hunter Biden included the inferred promise of access and influence. I’ve acknowledged that for some of the time in question he was a crackhead, so it’s fair to assume he had questionable judgement. But I’ve also pointed out in the past that he had real experience and in fact was paid millions as a lobbyist before his father was ever VP.

No comment regarding Hunter’s experience or his testimony? Any thoughts about the current state of the impeachment inquiry?

Now that’s an irrefutable fact.
I think the impeachment inquiry will go nowhere, in large part because the political goalposts will continue to move in order to keep Trump out of office. But there will be no smoking gun. So media and semi-intelligent folks who know better will pretend that this smoke adds up to nothing. It is total bullshit but you'll get your victory here from a lapdog media.

Reactions: willdup
He runs a fund that manages billions. Above board, SEC registered, and consistent with his history / expertise, and the expertise of his family who have been in private equity for generations. The PIF is one of a bunch of investors. There is no question whatsoever what all the investors are paying for in terms of their fees and carry just like any other fund. There also isn't a maze of LLC's designed to hide the ultimate recipients of the GP profits on the fund after expenses. You can argue his exposure and relationships led to landing a big investment, which is probably correct - as it plays into every fund manager's ability to secure commitments from LP's.

Furthermore, I've seen plenty of very respected business folks on CNBC talk about the middle east expertise of Jared and the legitimacy there.

Apples and Oranges.
We’ve sparred on this point before, and I think you agreed with me that a tech-focused venture fund has nothing to do with Jared’s history, which has been exclusively in real estate. There’s a reason the Saudi sovereign wealth fund investment committee recommended against making the investment. Also, MBS invested $2b of the $3.1b fund total, with most of the rest also coming from the ME. The source of funds and the very generous fee structure are highly unusual, particularly given Jared’s service and duties in the Trump WH. It’s simply not a serious position to suggest otherwise.

I think the impeachment inquiry will go nowhere, in large part because the political goalposts will continue to move in order to keep Trump out of office. But there will be no smoking gun. So media and semi-intelligent folks who know better will pretend that this smoke adds up to nothing. It is total bullshit but you'll get your victory here from a lapdog media.
I don’t think the lapdog media is responsible for three of the primary witnesses touted by the GOP being 1) indicted and in jail, 2) indicted as an illegal arms dealer and Chinese agent and on the lame, and finally 3) indicted for lying regarding the Biden’s while admitting to working with Russian intelligence.

It’s also not the lapdog media’s issue that Comer and the GOP has been promising and failing to deliver the goods over and over and over again. Or entirely mischaracterizing private testimony as something that it wasn’t, as we all knew once the transcripts were released.

It’s a disaster, and that’s on Comer and his crew.

Here’s a summary of some of the highlights of Hunter’s deposition if you are interested.

We’ve sparred on this point before, and I think you agreed with me that a tech-focused venture fund has nothing to do with Jared’s history, which has been exclusively in real estate. There’s a reason the Saudi sovereign wealth fund investment committee recommended against making the investment. Also, MBS invested $2b of the $3.1b fund total, with most of the rest also coming from the ME. The source of funds and the very generous fee structure are highly unusual, particularly given Jared’s service and duties in the Trump WH. It’s simply not a serious position to suggest otherwise.

I don’t think the lapdog media is responsible for three of the primary witnesses touted by the GOP being 1) indicted and in jail, 2) indicted as an illegal arms dealer and Chinese agent and on the lame, and finally 3) indicted for lying regarding the Biden’s while admitting to working with Russian intelligence.

It’s also not the lapdog media’s issue that Comer and the GOP has been promising and failing to deliver the goods over and over and over again. Or entirely mischaracterizing private testimony as something that it wasn’t, as we all knew once the transcripts were released.

It’s a disaster, and that’s on Comer and his crew.

Here’s a summary of some of the highlights of Hunter’s deposition if you are interested.

As the one in charge of Middle Eastern peace process and the formation of the Abraham Accords, a deal that was unprecedented and has been universally applauded by well respected Israelis, I would argue a fund mandate combining business accumen and specifically investing in Israeli and other Middle Eastern Companies falls well within Kushner and his team's expertise. The $1B+ of investment dollars outside of the PIF obviously agreed.

Your point about the witnesses speaks to why there won't be a smoking gun that achieves the extraordinarily high and moving hurdle required by the media. That said, to think Joe Biden had no idea that his consistent phone calls, dinners, and golf trips with these Chinese and former Soviet bloc countries sending tens of millions to his family through his son's "legit" businesses, through a maze of LLC's clearly designed to create plausible deniability and hide the ultimate beneficiaries - was abvove board in any way is total bullshit. if the bar were common sense as it should be, maybe he doesn't get impeached, but at least the media would be honest about it and destroy him politically. He's a freakin' greasy ass politician. Much moreso than most.

As the one in charge of Middle Eastern peace process and the formation of the Abraham Accords, a deal that was unprecedented and has been universally applauded by well respected Israelis, I would argue a fund mandate combining business accumen and specifically investing in Israeli and other Middle Eastern Companies falls well within Kushner and his team's expertise. The $1B+ of investment dollars outside of the PIF obviously agreed.

Your point about the witnesses speaks to why there won't be a smoking gun that achieves the extraordinarily high and moving hurdle required by the media. That said, to think Joe Biden had no idea that his consistent phone calls, dinners, and golf trips with these Chinese and former Soviet bloc countries sending tens of millions to his family through his son's "legit" businesses, through a maze of LLC's clearly designed to create plausible deniability and hide the ultimate beneficiaries - was abvove board in any way is total bullshit. if the bar were common sense as it should be, maybe he doesn't get impeached, but at least the media would be honest about it and destroy him politically. He's a freakin' greasy ass politician. Much moreso than most.
More greasy than DJT? That’s a hell of a position to take.

You are ignoring the fact that Hunter is successfully establishing that the narrative regarding his utter lack of qualifications was BS. Was that or was that not key to the charges against Joe? If Hunter was qualified, than the story that Joe HAD to be involved evaporates. So, no credible testimony, no financial records, no supposed applied influence that can even be speculated about much less proven, nothing. There’s no moving goalposts, there’s simply no case here.

More greasy than DJT? That’s a hell of a position to take.

You are ignoring the fact that Hunter is successfully establishing that the narrative regarding his utter lack of qualifications was BS. Was that or was that not key to the charges against Joe? If Hunter was qualified, than the story that Joe HAD to be involved evaporates. So, no credible testimony, no financial records, no supposed applied influence that can even be speculated about much less proven, nothing. There’s no moving goalposts, there’s simply no case here.
DJT definitely greasy just not in a traditionally political crony way. Biden takes it to a new level.

DJT definitely greasy just not in a traditionally political crony way. Biden takes it to a new level.
That made me laugh. I’d start listing all of the reason that’s a humorous position to take but I don’t have the time, so I’ll just defer to the 91 felony counts, the recent civil judgments and the various bankruptcies.

It’s an impressive resume I must say

He’s a real life crack head

That pretty much rests my case

If you all have yet to see what is really going on, you are just not paying attention. While we sit here and bicker back and forth over who is right and who is wrong, the elites are laughing at us while they make billions. When I say elites, I am referring to anyone in the political machine and the “club.” If you don’t know what the “club” is, you are considered one of the sheep that makes them rich. Most of the people in this country would be considered “sheep” bc they only desire to live their lives, raise their children and enjoy themselves without undue stress. Unfortunately these same people are politically uneducated about or don't know how the machine really works. They vote for their respective party unknowing that it’s all one party.

NEWSFLASH: there is no republican or democrat party. There are only Republicrats or Demopublicans.

As soon as you understand that one point, you will understand what is really going on.

Your question at this point is probably what do we do about it? At least that should be your question if you have the slightest bit of value in this great country we live in. The answer would be for the people to align themselves together and show strength in numbers with their voice being used for change. Unfortunately the elites quelled that option with the January 6th theater. That was completely orchestrated to scare others from marching on the capital in the future.

Most of our society doesn’t have the stones to stand up and take this country back.

Our only option at this point is to form like minded states and vote your states politicians into office that have your same values. Meaning if you are a conservative, move to a conservative state. If you are a liberal, move to a liberal state. If you want abortion, move to a liberal state. If you want guns, move to a conservative state. You don’t like Christians, move to a blue state. If you can’t afford to move, I’d bet the other side will help you.

Rather simple concept if you ask me!

Smirnov was the DOJ's Golden Boy/Star Informate for over a decade........right up until he ratted on the Bidens. Nevertheless his accusation is a mere drop in the eveidence bucket against the Biden Crime Family. Jamie Raskin is the dumbest mfer in Congress for calling for the impeachment hearings to be dropped because of this tidbit.

That made me laugh. I’d start listing all of the reason that’s a humorous position to take but I don’t have the time, so I’ll just defer to the 91 felony counts, the recent civil judgments and the various bankruptcies.
Trump is no different than any other wealthy businessman at his level. That doesn’t mean I condone the fact the wealthy can buy favor. But to pretend Biden is bright, uniting and honest is grossly inaccurate, dishonest and insulting.

I posted in another thread a video from a couple of decades ago where Jesse Jackson and others were effusive in their praise of Trump over the fact his was employing a high number of blacks and minorities on a very large project in NYC. Of course, this was when Trump was a Dem, and they wanted his money and attention, and they got both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT