ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and the Abandonment of Tension

And yet here we are, energy independent and a net exporter for the first time in 70 years.
teamwork makes the dream work
GVBCTX7XgAE-fhi

Neither of you offered even a single piece of actual data to support your arguments, which is not surprising given the candidate you support. Come on. Hit me with some facts!

Biden will destroy the oil industry! (No, he didn't. Never more productive.)
Biden will destroy the markets! (Nope.)
Violent crime has never been higher! (Yeah, no.)
We must force Ukraine to cede territory and sue for peace! (Remind me what's happening in Kursk right now?)
Illegal immigrants are taking all the black jobs! (Say what now?)
Crowd size matters! AI! Argh!!! (Cool, dude. Do go on.)
I'm not going to Google something for you. You do it. But here's a fact. Every month Biden reported numbers that were revised the following month. Each revision resulted in the numbers being worse than originally reported a month earlier. They were never revised in a more positive manner. That's politely called manipulation or gaslighting. When we were younger, living in a non-PC society, it was called lying.

Last edited:
I'm not going to Google something for you. You do it. But here's a fact. Every month Biden reported numbers that were revised the following month. Each revision resulted in the numbers being worse than originally reported a month earlier. They were never revised in a more positive manner. That's politely called manipulation or gaslighting. When we were younger, living in a non-PC society, it was called lying.
Exactly.

something major happened in 2020 that caused gas prices to drop. But for some reason I can't remember....you may have to look it up for me.
Well, it is a Govt report, and we all know how much Ds love and trust the Govt.

We actually became a net exporter in 2018 for the first time in 75 years.

And ...

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the same this your side always forgets when talking about Trump's economy.

I also notice you ignored 2019.
Gas prices have risen at a annualized rate of 4.8% based on your $2.60 number from 2019 and the prices I saw today in north Fulton (around $3.30/gallon). That's not an outrageous increase and prices are down about $0.15 over the last few months.

Now...remind me why gas prices plummeted in 2020....what magical energy policy did trump deploy that lowered gas prices? Provide links please...

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Gas prices have risen at a annualized rate of 4.8% based on your $2.60 number from 2019 and the prices I saw today in north Fulton (around $3.30/gallon). That's not an outrageous increase and prices are down about $0.15 over the last few months.

Now...remind me why gas prices plummeted in 2020....what magical energy policy did trump deploy that lowered gas prices? Provide links please...
You understand the economy is falling, don't you?

• Haha
Reactions: Stump One
I laugh at this because we have a 4 year track record for Trump as president. We also have 3.5 years her as VP, her senate record, her AG record.

We also have her failed campaign for pres to look at her positions.

Policy wise, effectiveness wise there is a clear choice and it ain’t her. Further get off cnn and you will hear positions. One of the reasons many have tds is they only listen to tithe propaganda media which only and always bashes Trump and praises whatever the dims put forward. There is also a lot of selective editing of videos taking out of context statements due to his rambling style.

And in case you are wondering. This will be the 3rd time I have voted for Trump for president. I have never voted for him in a primary. I wish we had a better nominee. However, even with all his warts, he is still the only choice. Far and above better than the left wing communist sympathizers put forth by the dim party.
🤣😂😂😂💯

Ramblings...read if you wish.

A post in another thread sent me down this rabbit hole... Embracing tension is a requirement of effective leadership, personal growth and the beauty of American governement. Trump is unwilling to embrace and navigate tension.

Extremes are easy. It is easy to be the cool and chill boss, and it is easy to be overbearing micromanager. It is hard to navigate the tension between the two. It is easy to take extreme left political posiitons, and it is easy to take the positions of the extreme right. It is hard to unpack issues and address the many nuances on their own merits... It is hard to navigate the tension between the extremes.

These tensions are found in every area and phase of life. Intelligence and maturity is found in navigating them. These tensions facilitate personal growth, provide accountability, implement checks and balances and ensure that one leads both sides of the spectrum wherever their leadership is sought.

Perhaps this is my number one grief with Trump. He refuses to recognize, embrace and navigate these tensions. He eschews accountability, surrounds himself with yes men, creates hostility with those who oppose him, dirsupts the system of checks and balances... and in doing so removes the safeguards he needs to grow and lead effectively...and the safeguards the country needs to protect from authoritarin leaders,
If you are worried about authoritarian leaders, then you should be scared to death of Kamala. Under Trump there were no wars we were involved with because those leaders respected and feared Trump. He is the first president to cross the N Korean border, even had south korea and north korea shaking hands. Russia was not a threat, and Iran had no money to fund terrorist. There is no sane way a person would think our national security is better with Kamala than Trump. National security is the #1 positive with Trump's campaign and the worst thing about Biden and Kamala. I personally only like two of Trump's policies, his foreign and his fiscal, the two most important for our country at this time. And for the record, I am voting for Kennedy. When you have him and Ran Paul wanting to get to the bottom of the possible vaccine fraud, to no benefit for themselves but high risk of egg on face, we need to consider it I think.

Last edited:

A post in another thread sent me down this rabbit hole... Embracing tension is a requirement of effective leadership, personal growth and the beauty of American governement. Trump is unwilling to embrace and navigate tension.

Extremes are easy. It is easy to be the cool and chill boss, and it is easy to be overbearing micromanager. It is hard to navigate the tension between the two. It is easy to take extreme left political posiitons, and it is easy to take the positions of the extreme right. It is hard to unpack issues and address the many nuances on their own merits... It is hard to navigate the tension between the extremes.

These tensions are found in every area and phase of life. Intelligence and maturity is found in navigating them. These tensions facilitate personal growth, provide accountability, implement checks and balances and ensure that one leads both sides of the spectrum wherever their leadership is sought.

Perhaps this is my number one grief with Trump. He refuses to recognize, embrace and navigate these tensions. He eschews accountability, surrounds himself with yes men, creates hostility with those who oppose him, dirsupts the system of checks and balances... and in doing so removes the safeguards he needs to grow and lead effectively...and the safeguards the country needs to protect from authoritarin leaders,
I can not embrace the other side but for the good of our country Trump must win or we will never recover .

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Make no mistake, I'm not voting for Harris. I wont participate if it forces me to violate my conscience.

I just dont get the support for Trump...it is blatantly obvious he is a fool. I dont know his policy positions, as I have never heard him articulate one. I have never heard him address any issue with any sort of intellectual substance...at all...ever. When he does reference issues it is an appeal to the populist mob, not conservative principles.

Yes, he does interviews, but I've never heard him answer a question with substance. Its all lies, obfuscation, slander...nonsense. Its all nonsense. Whenever he opens his mouth he just reaffirms that he is a total fool.

And what worries me more is the cultutal rot that would allow a fool like Trump to rise to influence.
You are just hearing what you want to hear then. And I assume you were alive between 2017 and 2021. Look at the difference in quality of life. You have people now who are having to buy groceries with Credit Cards, people cannot afford to buy a house. If you have taken an Introductory Economics class, you would understand this. This is the difference between someone who has worked their whole life in the Private Sector and someone(Biden and Harris) who have spent their whole life in government. Just like college professors, it is all theory.

The president does not control gas prices. The retail price of gas in January, 2020, before covid, was $2.62. The price today is $3.53. That's not 2X.

Biden didn't crash the markets by any measure you want to come up with, which is what Trump said would happen.

Anecdotal stories about crime are anecdotal.

Yes, I believe Putin will not be successful in Ukraine (which means Putin does not end up with a meaningful amount of Ukrainian territory) and it may very lead to Putin being deposed. He's not going to nuke the west as Ukraine has no interest in conquering Russia. They just want their territory back and safeguards to protect their sovereignty in the future. They will get that.

I believe that black Americans were generally insulted by the idea that uneducated, untrained and unskilled immigrants are "taking all the black jobs".

Your perception and my perception of Trump's past effectiveness diverge significantly, and he is not the same guy he was four years ago.
Are you that stupid? The President actually can do a lot to control gas prices:

1) Block the work on the Keystone XL pipeline on Day 1 in office.
2) Have his bureaucrats, deny/pull oil leases for drilling.
3) Regulatory actions that make it harder to do business, which in turn raises prices.

As for gas prices, I have a picture of the price of gas at my station on Trump's last day in office and it was $1.69, yesterday it was $3.29. Here's another lesson: when gas prices are higher, all consumer prices are higher.

Now, you have the other side of dumb and dumber(Harris), saying she wants to put price control on Grocery stores. What kind of brilliant are you when you try to do that on a sector of business where the profit margins are about 2%.. Too dumb to realize it is her policies that are making the inflation happen.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt​

it sure is. Just like the 1929 market crash that's happening right now.

Stock up on provisions. Point me to the nearest bread line.

Not a bread line, but a whole lot of people are buying groceries on Credit Card and Buy Now, Pay Later programs and nearly a third cannot even make the payment on those. This is worse than a bread line.

Not a bread line, but a whole lot of people are buying groceries on Credit Card and Buy Now, Pay Later programs and nearly a third cannot even make the payment on those. This is worse than a bread line.
While I understand your premise, I do t think and article from may is relevant given how quickly the data can change. See grocery prices declining in July. There's light at the end of the tunnel. It was never gonna be fast to get inflation to cool down (slow down the rate of increase). Was always going to take time.

Credit card utilization across the country is below 30% based on last info I saw (less than 4% higher than when trump left office...25.4% I believe in 2020). That's not terrible. But... according to the article nearly a third of folks pay their balances in full each month. That's a good sign and curious as to how it compares to previous years.

The article doesn't say how many people utilized buy now pay later programs so hard for me to opine on the 37% of people missing those payments. That is an unfortunate place to be in for sure.

I think we are nowhere near "bread line" territory. Curious to see end of 2024 data for sure.

Are you that stupid? The President actually can do a lot to control gas prices:

1) Block the work on the Keystone XL pipeline on Day 1 in office.
2) Have his bureaucrats, deny/pull oil leases for drilling.
3) Regulatory actions that make it harder to do business, which in turn raises prices.

As for gas prices, I have a picture of the price of gas at my station on Trump's last day in office and it was $1.69, yesterday it was $3.29. Here's another lesson: when gas prices are higher, all consumer prices are higher.

Now, you have the other side of dumb and dumber(Harris), saying she wants to put price control on Grocery stores. What kind of brilliant are you when you try to do that on a sector of business where the profit margins are about 2%.. Too dumb to realize it is her policies that are making the inflation happen.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt​

So, you are calling me stupid while quoting gas prices that were low because of a once in a hundred-year pandemic that dropped global consumption off a cliff?

By your logic, I'm guessing the pandemic wasn't a factor at all when it comes to accounting for low gas prices, but it was the only factor and creates a total free pass when it comes to Trump having the worst jobs record of any president since Herbert Hoover. That's some championship-level selective amnesia on your part.

You might want to think through your argument before you hurl insults.

Feel free to correct any of the following that is incorrect:

AI alert.

The cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline by President Biden in January 2021 did not have a significant impact on current or projected gas prices in the United States. Here's why:

Keystone XL Was Not Yet Operational​

• The Keystone XL pipeline was still under construction and not expected to be operational until 2023, so its cancellation could not have directly impacted gas prices.
  • Even if completed, the pipeline's capacity of 830,000 barrels per day would have minimal impact on the vast U.S. and global oil demand.

Keystone XL Would Not Have Increased U.S. Oil Supply​

• The Keystone XL pipeline was intended to transport crude oil from the oil sands in Alberta, Canada to refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast.
  • The oil was then likely destined for export markets, not U.S. gas prices.
  • The U.S. continues to receive Canadian oil through alternative pipelines and railways.

Other Factors Driving High Gas Prices​

• The main drivers of high gas prices in 2022 have been the global surge in crude oil costs and heightened demand as economies recover from the pandemic.
  • Russia's invasion of Ukraine and subsequent sanctions have further propelled oil prices, as Russia is a major global oil producer.

Keystone XL's Long-Term Impact​

• While the pipeline's cancellation may have impacted future oil supply and prices, this was not a factor in current gas prices.
  • Drilling more oil in the U.S. would not lower gas prices, as oil prices are set globally.
In summary, while the Keystone XL pipeline cancellation may have had some long-term impacts, it did not directly cause the sharp rise in gas prices seen in 2022. The current high prices are primarily due to global factors like the pandemic recovery and the war in Ukraine.

So, you are calling me stupid while quoting gas prices that were low because of a once in a hundred-year pandemic that dropped global consumption off a cliff?

By your logic, I'm guessing the pandemic wasn't a factor at all when it comes to accounting for low gas prices, but it was the only factor and creates a total free pass when it comes to Trump having the worst jobs record of any president since Herbert Hoover. That's some championship-level selective amnesia on your part.

AI alert.

The cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline by President Biden in January 2021 did not have a significant impact on current or projected gas prices in the United States. Here's why:

• The Keystone XL pipeline was still under construction and not expected to be operational until 2023, so its cancellation could not have directly impacted gas prices.
  • Even if completed, the pipeline's capacity of 830,000 barrels per day would have minimal impact on the vast U.S. and global oil demand.

• The Keystone XL pipeline was intended to transport crude oil from the oil sands in Alberta, Canada to refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast.
  • The U.S. continues to receive Canadian oil through alternative pipelines and railways.

• The main drivers of high gas prices in 2022 have been the global surge in crude oil costs and heightened demand as economies recover from the pandemic.
  • Russia's invasion of Ukraine and subsequent sanctions have further propelled oil prices, as Russia is a major global oil producer.

• While the pipeline's cancellation may have impacted future oil supply and prices, this was not a factor in current gas prices.
  • Drilling more oil in the U.S. would not lower gas prices, as oil prices are set globally.
In summary, while the Keystone XL pipeline cancellation may have had some long-term impacts, it did not directly cause the sharp rise in gas prices seen in 2022. The current high prices are primarily due to global factors like the pandemic recovery and the war in Ukraine.
That is a list of items that are true. But does not cover all of what has impacted oil production and prices that we are experiencing now and will continue to experience going forward. Biden and his policies and administration have negatively impacted our energy situation and we are not energy independent now.

That is a list of items that are true. But does not cover all of what has impacted oil production and prices that we are experiencing now and will continue to experience going forward. Biden and his policies and administration have negatively impacted our energy situation and we are not energy independent now.
There is no question that the Biden administration is not as friendly toward the Oil and Gas industry as Trump or likely any other GOP administration would be. Whether one is supportive of that difference depends on whether you believe that global warming is a threat or not.

Regardless, the Trump position was not that his policy would be incrementally better for the Oil industry, which would be a true statement. Trump promised a Biden administration would lead to the "destruction" of the industry and during the current administration production is up, a lot, and the big oil companies have never made more money.

Reactions: celticdawg
There is no question that the Biden administration is not as friendly toward the Oil and Gas industry as Trump or likely any other GOP administration would be. Whether one is supportive of that difference depends on whether you believe that global warming is a threat or not.

Regardless, the Trump position was not that his policy would be incrementally better for the Oil industry, which would be a true statement. Trump promised a Biden administration would lead to the "destruction" of the industry and during the current administration production is up, a lot, and the big oil companies have never made more money.
But to act like Biden does not impact the oil and gas industry and prices is dishonest. Yes there other factors that have impact as well. You are cherry picking stats to make a point and others are doing the same to counter your points.
My problem with most of these discussions is that they focus on one point and do not consider how these decisions can not be made in silos and we must act on facts and logic and feelings and sensationalism.

Last edited:
But to act like Biden does not impact the oil and gas industry and prices is dishonest. Yes there other factors that have impact as well. You are cherry picking stats to and a point and others are doing the same to counter your points.
My problem with most of these discussions is that they focus on one point and do not consider how these decisions can not be made in silos and we must act on facts and logic and feelings and sensationalism.
I didn’t say presidential policy doesn’t impact gas prices. I said the president doesn’t control gas prices, which is true given how many factors that impact pricing are out of his or her (like that?) control.

I’ll say what I’ve already said, but perhaps in a different way that will be more palatable for you. If you want the absolute lowest price for gas under all circumstances and don’t care about or believe in climate change, you should vote for the GOP. Trump’s predictions of the destruction of the industry, like so many of his dire predictions, turned out to be just more BS. The industry set earnings records in both 2022 and 2023.

I didn’t say presidential policy doesn’t impact gas prices. I said the president doesn’t control gas prices, which is true given how many factors that impact pricing are out of his or her (like that?) control.

I’ll say what I’ve already said, but perhaps in a different way that will be more palatable for you. If you want the absolute lowest price for gas under all circumstances and don’t care about or believe in climate change, you should vote for the GOP. Trump’s predictions of the destruction of the industry, like so many of his dire predictions, turned out to be just more BS. The industry set earnings records in both 2022 and 2023.
That is inaccurate as well. They both can happen simultaneously and to believe we can abandon fossil fuels anytime soon is misguided. There is a can be a happy medium between all things. Climate change of course is true because the climate has changed over thousands of years very significantly. How much humans have influenced that change is up for debate. Climate warming is better in ways for sustaining life and has other positive outcomes. Of course it has bad outcomes as well. The EV mandates are so misguided and flawed that I believe the primary driving factor is greed wrapped around the global warming concern. Most decisions have been made in haste and have wasted tons of money and helped to continue to divide the country and the world. The restriction of information and disinformation is so rampant that most people(me included) can be overwhelmed with facts and data that seem to contradict each other.
We need civil discourse and people willing to be truthful and set aside agendas, desired outcomes and personal gain to garner real and lasting solutions.
The problem is both sides are using slivers of truth to deflect from things they do not want to acknowledge or address. I keep coming to the board to have discourse and I can either find none or I am sucked into the abyss.
I think I need to reevaluate and take a break from posting.

What a retarded woke supposition of an idea. Couldn’t even make it through the whole thing. I can’t believe people in this country can be this dumb. I seriously wonder how some people can wake up and put on their own clothes

And how do you know all this bs about him. You must have been in his cabinet when he was President.

Reactions: Bells76

AI alert.

Man why don’t you just quit posting these untruths. It’s getting so boring.

Fair. I would add that by definition gas prices would be lower per your first paragraph if oil and gas policy were trump-like. I would also add that Biden policy was adversarial on steroids towards oil business at the beginning of his term. Only when he was being blamed for inflation and $4 gas did he get realistic on what works and what doesn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT