ADVERTISEMENT

Trump & Biden...

Unfortunately, the folks that have been governing us for the last 40 or so yrs have created the environment that leaves many searching for any alternative. Yeah, it's easy to lambast Trump but he's not why we are so dependent on China for our products, hostile ME countries for our energy, rules that allow our pols to take advantage of insider trading, grifting schemes and even payments from foreign entities.

The folks so desperately fighting to keep their power are the same people that royally screwed up our health care payment systems, collect trillions in taxes but can't balance a budget and seeming live above the law. If you hate the idea of Trump being POTUS and can't figure out how Biden got elected, blame the people that created the environment for both to be successful.

Unfortunately, the folks that have been governing us for the last 40 or so yrs have created the environment that leaves many searching for any alternative. Yeah, it's easy to lambast Trump but he's not why we are so dependent on China for our products, hostile ME countries for our energy, rules that allow our pols to take advantage of insider trading, grifting schemes and even payments from foreign entities.

The folks so desperately fighting to keep their power are the same people that royally screwed up our health care payment systems, collect trillions in taxes but can't balance a budget and seeming live above the law. If you hate the idea of Trump being POTUS and can't figure out how Biden got elected, blame the people that created the environment for both to be successful.
My life was better with Trump in office than it is now.

How do “we” prevent it??…..who do U support?
I personally like & would support Desantis because I align with him on most issues policy-wise, like his temperament and behavior better than Trump's, and think he has the best chance to actually win the election from the Republican side. It's frankly surprising to me that he hasn't generated better poll numbers of more support from those on the Right so far, but we are still more than 14 months away from the election.

My life was better with Trump in office than it is now.
I agree with that too, and would vote for Trump over Biden or any other person on the Democrat radar right now, but I have serious doubts as to Trump's ability to actually win, based primarily on his personality, narcissism, and behavior. I know a lot of people- my wife included- held their noses & voted for Trump in 2020 (and maybe even 2016), but I feel like a good chunk of those folks wouldn't be willing to do that again. They may not vote for Biden or whoever the Democrat nominee is, and may just sit it out altogether, but they would be really hard-pressed to vote for Trump again. To me it just feels obvious that the Republicans can do better than Trump, so it's crazy to me that so many others still line up so firmly behind him.

Vote for someone else instead of being sheep.

The GA primary didn't even matter in 2020 because it was already decided that Biden would be the nominee. I didn't see any outrage from Democratic voters.
It has become crystal clear that in reality the people have no voice, just the illusion that they do.

Specifically in the Dim party, the insiders "rig" who the candidate will be - see 2008 when the Big O vaulted Hillary and 2016 when they rigged the voting to eliminate Bernie. In 2020, the party chose "Biden" after striking a deal with Jim Clyburn to back him and thus deliver the minority votes. Of course this has been happening forever, but I think recent examples are easier to see than older history.

As for the terrible Rino party, they are weak, leaderless and divided. Usually they put up terrible candidates to do the Washington Generals thing and provide a loser that gets trounced by the Dems (Dole, McCain, Romney, etc.) Trump was the exception, as was Reagan who were both "outsiders" to the Beltway and how they operate. Now the party doesn't want Trump to win again and only acts to undermine him at every chance. The ones with the real power prefer someone they can control ( Woodrow Wilson or a Nixon) or a fellow insider who knows the game (Bush 41 and 43.)

Unfortunately, it really is all an illusion of choice.

Vote for someone else instead of being sheep.

The GA primary didn't even matter in 2020 because it was already decided that Biden would be the nominee. I didn't see any outrage from Democratic voters.
I can’t stop, nor do I want to stop/persuade people who to vote for. Not in my control or yours.

Besides, who the FF are U referring to as sheep??

Last edited:
This is pretty much exactly how I feel too. It's absolutely mind-boggling that so many people are blindly supporting these two old, awful, divisive candidates. How are we letting this (potentially) happen?!

Can't think of a single thing Trump did as potus that I disagreed with. He is not an awful candidate. His record speaks for itself, as does Joe's.

Can't think of a single thing Trump did as potus that I disagreed with. He is not an awful candidate. His record speaks for itself, as does Joe's.
He's not a great candidate at this point because his rude, childish, self-centered personality & behavior turns off a huge swath of voters, even those that are conservative. Believe it or not, there are a lot of citizens who care as much about the person they're voting for as their policies. I can separate the two (to an extent), but a lot of folks can't, and won't.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
I can’t stop, nor do I want to stop/persuade people who to vote for. Not in my control or yours.

Besides, who the FF are U referring to as sheep??
I agree! I never tell people who they should or shouldn't vote for. I'm more than happy to discuss people and issues, but every person has their own voice.

That said, the sheep are too many to name. I can give you an example of something sheep say or believe in and that's the idea that someone can throw their vote away.

Far too often you'll hear people say "if you vote for so-and-so, you'll just be throwing your vote away." That’s sheep talk right there. People need to vote for whoever they want regardless of what others say.

He's not a great candidate at this point because his rude, childish, self-centered personality & behavior turns off a huge swath of voters, even those that are conservative. Believe it or not, there are a lot of citizens who care as much about the person they're voting for as their policies. I can separate the two (to an extent), but a lot of folks can't, and won't.
Crazy thing is he would have walked out humbly in 2020, kept a low profile he most likely have beaten Biden in a rematch. No, he kicks and screams , bullies his VP, refuses to give documents back he should not have then hides them. Regardless, I’m voting for DeSantis in primary or next best candidate still in the field. If it’s Biden VS Trump, I’ll vote for Trump but see no path for him to win in 2024. He is hurting himself and all real conservatives and he is a 100% a$$. Biden is too, but we are talking about Trump

I agree! I never tell people who they should or shouldn't vote for. I'm more than happy to discuss people and issues, but every person has their own voice.

That said, the sheep are too many to name. I can give you an example of something sheep say or believe in and that's the idea that someone can throw their vote away.

Far too often you'll hear people say "if you vote for so-and-so, you'll just be throwing your vote away." That’s sheep talk right there. People need to vote for whoever they want regardless of what others say.
Point is, you can’t control it……so I certainly don’t worry or concern myself about it.

I do wish there was a competency test before for being allowed to vote…..but that ain’t happening either.

But if it’s between Biden & Trump…..I know where my vote is going.

The upcoming debates will be interesting.

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
This is the equivalent of saying that people don’t like Trump because of his mean tweets, which is gaslighting of the highest order.

He planned and executed an illegal, multi-stage effort to disrupt the election and steal the presidency. That’s not a personality flaw, that’s an attack on the very foundation of our system of government.

This isn’t an election about policy. Voting for Trump means you are willing to trash the single most unique characteristic of our form of government, which is the orderly and peaceful transition of power.

If you think that is worth saving some money on taxes, fine. Just don’t fool yourself about what is at stake, because once that genie is out of the bottle it typically can’t ever be put back.

I'm worried that Trump, if elected which I strongly doubt is possible, would concentrate more on a scorched earth revenge crusade against his opponents than he would on implementing his policies.

Reactions: rednblack4life
It has become crystal clear that in reality the people have no voice, just the illusion that they do.

Specifically in the Dim party, the insiders "rig" who the candidate will be - see 2008 when the Big O vaulted Hillary and 2016 when they rigged the voting to eliminate Bernie. In 2020, the party chose "Biden" after striking a deal with Jim Clyburn to back him and thus deliver the minority votes. Of course this has been happening forever, but I think recent examples are easier to see than older history.

As for the terrible Rino party, they are weak, leaderless and divided. Usually they put up terrible candidates to do the Washington Generals thing and provide a loser that gets trounced by the Dems (Dole, McCain, Romney, etc.) Trump was the exception, as was Reagan who were both "outsiders" to the Beltway and how they operate. Now the party doesn't want Trump to win again and only acts to undermine him at every chance. The ones with the real power prefer someone they can control ( Woodrow Wilson or a Nixon) or a fellow insider who knows the game (Bush 41 and 43.)

Unfortunately, it really is all an illusion of choice.
You nailed it 100%

Reactions: WyoDawg307
This is the equivalent of saying that people don’t like Trump because of his mean tweets, which is gaslighting of the highest order.

He planned and executed an illegal, multi-stage effort to disrupt the election and steal the presidency. That’s not a personality flaw, that’s an attack on the very foundation of our system of government.

This isn’t an election about policy. Voting for Trump means you are willing to trash the single most unique characteristic of our form of government, which is the orderly and peaceful transition of power.

If you think that is worth saving some money on taxes, fine. Just don’t fool yourself about what is at stake, because once that genie is out of the bottle it typically can’t ever be put back.
Will, thought you might be interested. Epoch Times today has a Deep Dive video into the claim that all of Europe wanted Shokin fired. Their conclusion is there is no evidence of that on any official site of those agencies supposedly wanting him fired. They conclude it was a democrat talking point picked up by media and repeated over and over.

i tried to link the video but it doesn’t seem to link.

Will, thought you might be interested. Epoch Times today has a Deep Dive video into the claim that all of Europe wanted Shokin fired. Their conclusion is there is no evidence of that on any official site of those agencies supposedly wanting him fired. They conclude it was a democrat talking point picked up by media and repeated over and over.

I’d be interested in seeing that if you can find the link.

It looks like republicans are pushing for an impeachment inquiry as soon as next month. If so, they will have the venue to make their case, including the argument that Shokin was investigating Burisma and that Joe was the sole or primary catalyst for his removal. If they can prove both of those assertions, they have the makings of an interesting case against Joe.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel too. It's absolutely mind-boggling that so many people are blindly supporting these two old, awful, divisive candidates. How are we letting this (potentially) happen?!

What makes Trump divisive to you, your family, your finances and our country internationally?

It looks like republicans are pushing for an impeachment inquiry as soon as next month. If so, they will have the venue to make their case, including the argument that Shokin was investigating Burisma and that Joe was the sole or primary catalyst for his removal. If they can prove both of those assertions, they have the makings of an interesting case against Joe.

You might be interested in THIS, even if you don't like the source. It provides actual links to documents. It's a long read, but shows why Burisma wanted Shokin gone.

Reactions: ugadoc and willdup
What makes Trump divisive to you, your family, your finances and our country internationally?
My wife thinks he's a total asshole, even though she thinks he's a better option as president than Biden or any of the other "leading" Democrats. If you (and others ITT) can't understand how that makes him divisive or unattractive as a candidate for POTUS, I can't help you. Again, doesn't mean I wouldn't vote for him, would just prefer another candidate who wasn't such a self-centered jerk that can't let go of the past.

I personally like & would support Desantis because I align with him on most issues policy-wise, like his temperament and behavior better than Trump's, and think he has the best chance to actually win the election from the Republican side. It's frankly surprising to me that he hasn't generated better poll numbers of more support from those on the Right so far, but we are still more than 14 months away from the election.
The only place that matters at this point is Iowa. RD needs to perform there out of the gate to get some momentum, and he has basically concentrated almost all his money and campaign efforts there. National polling is basically irrelevant at this point - DT has 100% name ID and policy recognition versus a governor that has had sporadic national interviews, but otherwise the only MSM pub he gets is entirely negative. And the field will obviously need to consolidate.

Reactions: FivePtsDawg

I am sorry but my subscription is only to the app which doesn’t seem to share even though there is a share button. Did the EU, IMF and World Bank Really Want to Fire Shokin? | Truth Over News

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/epochtv/did-the-eu-imf-and-world-bank-really-want-to-fire-shokin-truth-over-news-5479203

I don’t think it works but that is the share function. It’s an interesting 15 minute video. There’s so much BS flying these days it’s hard to know what’s true.

Reactions: willdup

You might be interested in THIS, even if you don't like the source. It provides actual links to documents. It's a long read, but shows why Burisma wanted Shokin gone.
Happy to read what you linked, @Moosefish.

@deadduckdawg, regarding the accusation that the international push to remove Shokin was a Dem talking point, to what end? Is the suggestion that the Dems knew Joe had done his son a solid in real time and were already covering for him, because that doesn’t make any sense.

Here is the NYTs article published right after Shokin was fired. It quotes the Managing Director of the IMF and lists one of the troubling events that led to Shokin’s firing. Are you suggesting this article was just preemptive Dem misinformation to support Biden’s unilateral decision to dump Shokin? Make it make sense.

Also, what about the letter sent 2/12/2016 that three Republican senators signed along with eight Dems demanding reform in the Prosecutors office?

Reactions: Moosefish
Happy to read what you linked, @Moosefish.

@deadduckdawg, regarding the accusation that the international push to remove Shokin was a Dem talking point, to what end? Is the suggestion that the Dems knew Joe had done his son a solid in real time and were already covering for him, because that doesn’t make any sense.

Here is the NYTs article published right after Shokin was fired. It quotes the Managing Director of the IMF and lists one of the troubling events that led to Shokin’s firing. Are you suggesting this article was just preemptive Dem misinformation to support Biden’s unilateral decision to dump Shokin? Make it make sense.

Also, what about the letter sent 2/12/2016 that three Republican senators signed along with eight Dems demanding reform in the Prosecutors office?

I cant answer your questions because I know next to nothing about it. The conclusion was that the only info supporting the narrative that the Euro agencies wanted him fired is found in the liberal press, not the agencies archives.

Reactions: willdup
So the article states the following:

“Shokin's pursuit was rattling Burisma, and the firm was putting pressure on Hunter Biden to deal with it, according to recent testimony and interviews with Devon Archer, Hunter Biden's former business partner and fellow Burisma board member.”

That’s the exact opposite of what Archer said in testimony before the house subcommittee. Archer testified that Burisma felt they had Shokin under control.

When an article like this has important material errors, it puts the rest of what they are reporting in question.

I’m all for the impeachment inquiry. I definitely have thoughts about how it will turn out, but we need to go through the process and both sides can make their case.

“Shokin's pursuit was rattling Burisma, and the firm was putting pressure on Hunter Biden to deal with it, according to recent testimony and interviews with Devon Archer, Hunter Biden's former business partner and fellow Burisma board member.”

That’s the exact opposite of what Archer said in testimony before the house subcommittee. Archer testified that Burisma felt they had Shokin under control.

When an article like this has important material errors, it puts the rest of what they are reporting in question.

I’m all for the impeachment inquiry. I definitely have thoughts about how it will turn out, but we need to go through the process and both sides can make their case.

That's an incorrect 'spin' created by Rep Goldman from his questioning vs what was actually said:

"the narrative that was spun to me was that Shokin was under control." And then he says, "this is the narrative that was spun to me." He says it a third time and then again Devon Archer says, "I have no way to verify that." And then a fourth time he says, "And that was spun to me from various folks in DC. Whether it is true or not, I can not speculate."

Let's talk about legally, I think just pivot to that, because you had said earlier that -- I believe the direct quote is that Burisma felt like they had Shokin under control."

Archer says "correct" and Goldman asks "What did you mean by that?"

And Archer again goes back and says, don't go after this interview and lie about what I'm saying, I'm not saying Burisma had the prosecutor under control so don't say I'm saying that. He went and again said: "That was like -- that was a narrative that was -- that was told to me by various of the D.C. team, that the firing of Shokin was bad for Burisma because he was under control."

Goldman's questioning was a disaster for Biden...even as he was clearly trying to limit 'damage'.

Reactions: ugadoc

Plus, as an addition to my response above: It was clear, according to documents linked in the story above, that the State Department did not see removing Shokin as necessary and that they saw Shokin as pursuing Burisma. Anti-corruption efforts were improving. There was literal shock when removing him was added as a requirement by Biden. Literal suprise & email records support that (I've provided those references in previous threads from Congressional testimony from diplomats).

It's all there, despite the spin & stories that have tried to say the exact opposite.

That's an incorrect 'spin' created by Rep Goldman from his questioning vs what was actually said:

Goldman's questioning was a disaster for Biden...even as he was clearly trying to limit 'damage'.
The transcripts are public. I’m open to being corrected, but I can’t find anywhere that Archer claimed Burisma was under investigation or feeling pressure from Shokin or wanted Shokin fired. Am I missing it? In fact his statements were not in support of that story in any way.

The transcripts are public. I’m open to being corrected, but I can’t find anywhere that Archer claimed Burisma was under investigation or feeling pressure from Shokin or wanted Shokin fired. Am I missing it? In fact his statements were not in support of that story in any way.

There are two things here: Archer did not say what Goldman claimed. I was only responding to your response that was bad spin from Goldman. See my quotes above. I'm not saying that Archer said that. Archer said a lot. But not that specifically. I was responding to the 'doubt' that you had about the article, that was based on bad political spin.

The long story I provided above demonstrated the State Department opinion on Shokin & Burisma. It's all there, with links. There has been a narrative about Shokin that certain media sources have been running with that do not match State Department records.

There are two things here: Archer did not say what Goldman claimed. I was only responding to your response that was bad spin from Goldman. See my quotes above. I'm not saying that Archer said that. Archer said a lot. But not that specifically. I was responding to the 'doubt' that you had about the article, that was based on bad political spin.

The long story I provided above demonstrated the State Department opinion on Shokin & Burisma. It's all there, with links. There has been a narrative about Shokin that certain media sources have been running with that do not match State Department records.
To clarify, my doubt was regarding the claim that Archer stated that Burisma was under investigation and wanted Shokin gone, which is a lie. He did not say that.

As to the rest of it, it still looks to me like a falsehood (Burisma was under investigation), stacked on top of a falsehood (Burisma wanted Shokin fired), now flavored with a new falsehood, which is that there wasn’t broad based international support for Shokin’s removal. Each falsehood requires the other falsehoods to even begin to make the case against Biden.

But again, let’s get people testifying in an impeachment proceedings and see who best makes their case.

The single most unique characteristic of our “govt” is the second amendment. Funny how dems don’t think anything is at stake when the govt. weaponizes its own agencies against their political opponents, or ignore law and let illegal invaders flow in at will, or leave Americans and Allies stranded along with 80 billion worth of military equipment for our enemies. I could go on.

Todays dems complaining about trump remind me of a person whining that their car’s windshield wipers don’t work when every wheel is falling off, no brakes, broken steering wheel, rust eating through the floorboards and a dead battery.

21 million so far in negative ads run against Desantis have unfairly hurt him. Middle class guy went to Yale on baseball scholarship, taught school a short time, law school, then volunteered for military after 9/11 and deployed with navy seals group, has been an outstanding governor taking a blue state and turning it deep red. The MSM wanted to trash him because they want the rematch because they think Biden can beat Trump but not Desantis. Even Fox has been piling on some. No personality knock on him? Seriously? He’sa nice guy with a wife who recently survived breast cancer with him by her side and three small kids. His story is textbook for the perfect presidential candidate. This isn’t middle school. Shouldn’t be a popularity contest. Ridiculous that some people vote based on that. I would support anyone at the debate over Biden. Even Manchin and Kennedy. ANY republican would be better than Biden. I said before but he’sa traitor, old as dirt and demented. IF YOU VOTE FOR BIDEN YOU ARE VOTING FOR PRESIDENT KAMALA HARRIS! If that doesn’t scare the💩 out of you then you don’t have a pulse!

To clarify, my doubt was regarding the claim that Archer stated that Burisma was under investigation and wanted Shokin gone, which is a lie. He did not say that.

As to the rest of it, it still looks to me like a falsehood (Burisma was under investigation), stacked on top of a falsehood (Burisma wanted Shokin fired), now flavored with a new falsehood, which is that there wasn’t broad based international support for Shokin’s removal. Each falsehood requires the other falsehoods to even begin to make the case against Biden.

But again, let’s get people testifying in an impeachment proceedings and see who best makes their case.
Wow you clearly have your head in the sand or somewhere else dark and smelly. I know when you post I’m going to read a pile of BS. Look at something other than MSNBC or CNN for once in your life. The only way you will believe your precious Biden did anything is if it’s recorded on video tape and even then you’d make up some excuse. Face it you voted for a criminal whose policies have the nation on the brink of failure. Vote for him again and you are voting for Kamala. Are you ok with that???? Would you hire Biden for ANY JOB? To watch your dog or kids? Work as a cashier? Anything?? Yet you’re ok with that idiot as leader of our country? Are you better off now than you were under Trump? You can’t admit that since you have TDS that blinds you to the truth! As your brain dead leader says COME ON MAN!

Reactions: deadduckdawg

They are fighting to get evidence since the DOJ etc is withholding documents, Bank records etc. plus they are keeping the Hunter case going so they can say they can’t release those records to Congress due to an on going investigation. The DOJ should have done their job to investigate and prosecute Joe but instead they go after Trump for records violations and other garbage (yet it’s ok for Joe to have confidential records all over the place even though he was NEVER president when he took them). The lettered agencies are doing all they can to block Congress from their investigation and will continue to do it even with an impeachment inquiry. They have had this evidence along with Hunters laptop with all kinds of crimes and have actively worked to suppress and hide it all. Watch and see.
They are desperate to keep Joe in power because they know any Republican elected will fire them all.

Regardless of the candidate, I disagree with telling people, "Voting for X means Y"

You don't get to to tell me what my vote means. And vice versa. Candidate and voters aren't defined by single issues.

It's unfair to say Voting for Trump means you are willing to trash the transfer of power

just like it's unfair to say Voting for Biden means you are for killing babies......or open borders.....or sky high gas prices, etc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT