ADVERTISEMENT

Trump refers to his supporters as…

PharmDawg08

National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2007
“Basement dwellers” in private

Stephanie Grisham, a former Trump White House press secretary and chief of staff to former First Lady Melania Trump, described herself as a “true believer” who spent her holidays at Mar-a-Lago. But she resigned on January 6, 2021, after Trump failed to immediately move to stop his supporters from attacking the US Capitol.

Grisham used her remarks to condemn Trump’s behind closed doors, telling that audience that he mocks his supporters in private and has called them “basement dwellers.”

Stephanie Grisham, a former Trump White House press secretary and chief of staff to former First Lady Melania Trump, described herself as a “true believer” who spent her holidays at Mar-a-Lago. But she resigned on January 6, 2021, after Trump failed to immediately move to stop his supporters from attacking the US Capitol.

Grisham used her remarks to condemn Trump’s behind closed doors, telling that audience that he mocks his supporters in private and has called them “basement dwellers.”
Your side lies about everything. Literally. It's the ultimate sign of disrespect to you that you're either too blind to see or are too brainwashed and weak to care.

Here's even more: https://www.offthepress.com/biden-admin-wildly-inflated-jobs-data/

Your side lies about everything. Literally. It's the ultimate sign of disrespect to you that you're either too blind to see or are too brainwashed and weak to care.

Here's even more: https://www.offthepress.com/biden-admin-wildly-inflated-jobs-data/
"Democrats lie about everything so I'm going to put a link up from a right leaning, often incorrect and fails to use sources website" - #Atlanta Cocklover

• We rate Off The Press as Right Biased based on editorial perspectives that routinely favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources who frequently fail fact checks.

Seriously sir?

First, a claim by a disgruntled, former staffer?

Next, no evidence, no support, just "I heard him say it, in private".....Anybody can claim they heard anything, in private. How can Trump defend himself? It's hard to prove you didn't say something...in private

Third, there is no context. IF he said something like that, from what perspective? All his supporters? An individual who acted like a moron? I'm certain it's not as simple as a random comment, "My supporters are basement dwellers".

Do you really think this claim matters, to either party?

Seriously sir?

Next, no evidence, no support, just "I heard him say it, in private".....Anybody can claim they heard anything, in private. How can Trump defend himself? It's hard to prove you didn't say something...in private

Third, there is no context. IF he said something like that, from what perspective? All his supporters? An individual who acted like a moron? I'm certain it's not as simple as a random comment, "My supporters are basement dwellers".

You are right, there is no "evidence" ... only coming from the person that was tied in extremely tight with the President and First Lady, who knowingly and factually resigned only due to the fact that he didn't call these rioters back from the Capitol building. It is not she was a common onlooker who didn't have privileges and close contact with the President. And, it's not like even if there was a recording of him saying it that you guys would believe it anyway as it would be "fake news" or some bullshit (e.g. the top secret docs he was casually showing people at Mar A Bozo)

You are right, there is no "evidence" ... only coming from the person that was tied in extremely tight with the President and First Lady, who knowingly and factually resigned only due to the fact that he didn't call these rioters back from the Capitol building. It is not she was a common onlooker who didn't have privileges and close contact with the President. And, it's not like even if there was a recording of him saying it that you guys would believe it anyway as it would be "fake news" or some bullshit (e.g. the top secret docs he was casually showing people at Mar A Bozo)

How do you prove you didn't say something....in private?

How do you prove you didn't say something....in private?
Not saying anyone has to prove anything. I just think it's funny that she said that because a majority of the world (non-cult) could see Trump saying that and I would bet with a fair amount of confidence he actually did. He will say anything to any audience to be the center of attention and stroke his own ego.

Not saying anyone has to prove anything. I just think it's funny that she said that because a majority of the world (non-cult) could see Trump saying that and I would bet with a fair amount of confidence he actually did. He will say anything to any audience to be the center of attention and stroke his own ego.

My point is, it's a petty, one sided claim, that is a cheap way to attack,no matter if its Trump, Harris,or Kennedy.

Anyway. I don't think this is going to make or break the election for Trump...

Have a good day.

I think one of the reasons this strikes such a chord with me is personal experience.

In my "work" I often have private conversations. On more than one occasion, I've been misquoted, misunderstood, misrepresented, or just flat lied about.

It's pretty tough when a person makes a claim about what you said....and you can't really defend yourself, except to deny it.

I try to avoid putting myself in bad spots. But sometimes you don't anticipate that a misrepresentation will occur. ....or every story someone might tell.

That’s a complete lie. And it has been proven a lie. And worse. It is a moronic statement. Like they would have stopped. Mob mentality was already happening. Took a gunshot to stop it. Or should we hold the democrats responsible for not stopping the violence for the summer of love. Kamala bailed people out. Biden condemned it. You know how much good that did. 0. People still lost their lives and their businesses after the condemnation. So glad they told Iran don’t. They didn’t listen either despite the Dems giving them ten billion dollars. TDS is running wild in Chicago. It is a total obsession. You can’t help it. You are just a parrot. Or sheep.

I didn't realize Joe voted for Trump

Dude...listen to anyone who has ever worked closely with Trump. It's no "side". Its everyone that knows him.

The most damning case against him is that 40 out of 44 of his handpicked cabinet have declined to endorse him for President. 91%

Seriously sir?

Anyone that has worked closely with the guy has the same stories. Stop pretending that its only democrats and disgruntleds. Its everyone.

Does it matter? If character matters it matters. Does character matter?

I think one of the reasons this strikes such a chord with me is personal experience.

In my "work" I often have private conversations. On more than one occasion, I've been misquoted, misunderstood, misrepresented, or just flat lied about.

It's pretty tough when a person makes a claim about what you said....and you can't really defend yourself, except to deny it.

I try to avoid putting myself in bad spots. But sometimes you don't anticipate that a misrepresentation will occur. ....or every story someone might tell.
And this exact scenario is when your overiding character is considered. I never worry about such scenarios because character always wins in the end...it always comes out in the wash, you just have to play the long game.

I would imagine for you, these accusations would represent an exception and abiration...a deviation from the man you are known to be.

For Trump it is normative. He is a fool and destruction is in his wake.

Preacher, read Proverbs and then know you are defending the scorner / fool.

Last edited:
Trump can call me anything he wants as long as he derails the nutcase regulation train, works to reduce taxes and reigns in the out of control DOJ. We dont need another closet Marxist trying to "fundamentally" change America.

Nutcase regulation??? Do you want acid rain? Polluted ponds? Trash in the streets? Do you want unethical, profit at all costs businesses doing whatever, however they want?

Reduce Taxes??? How much? Do you want to defund the government? The police? The military? Do you enjoy the highway system?

Out of control DOJ??? No one complained about the DOJ until they began to hold Trump accountable. Local police shoot a black man...there are a few bad apples. DOJ holds Trump accountable...the whole system is out of control

You sound like an anarchist...

Highly triggered today I see. Acid rain? LOL is this the '80's? Trash in the streets? You have that now with all the homeless encampments and illegals flooding the country. They are literally shitting on our sidewalks.

Taxes? LOL LOL LOL. Your team asked to defund the police, not ours. Highways - didn't your dems pass a huge infrastructure bill? Did that fix anything or just ramp up the deficit by another $2 trillion?

DOJ is 100% out of control and has conducted lawfare against your orange nightmare for 4 years.

And you are projecting just like your party. Whatever names you call someone is what your side is doing (anarchist). Funny.

And this exact scenario is when your overiding character is considered. I never worry about such scenarios because character always wins in the end...it always comes out in the wash, you just have to play the long game.

I would imagine for you, these accusations would represent an exception and abiration...a deviation from the man you are known to be.

For Trump it is normative. He is a fool and destruction is in his wake.

Preacher, read Proverbs and then know you are defending the scorner / fool.

Agree that things come out in the wash. Usually. Nobody is ever going to admit they falsely accused Trump. There isn't any wash for him.

And in this case, I'm not only defending Trump. See post #10.

Have actually been reading Proverbs this week. Switched over to 2 Samuel today.

Highly triggered today I see. Acid rain? LOL is this the '80's? Trash in the streets? You have that now with all the homeless encampments and illegals flooding the country. They are literally shitting on our sidewalks.

Taxes? LOL LOL LOL. Your team asked to defund the police, not ours. Highways - didn't your dems pass a huge infrastructure bill? Did that fix anything or just ramp up the deficit by another $2 trillion?

DOJ is 100% out of control and has conducted lawfare against your orange nightmare for 4 years.

And you are projecting just like your party. Whatever names you call someone is what your side is doing (anarchist). Funny.
Triggered? Me? Ha!

First, I'm not a democrat. I'm a traditional republican who believes the goverment is a God-ordained institution to promote the public good and provide a check on evil. To do so requires regulation, funding and a system to hold citizens accountable.

Thus, I would never advocate for no regulation, no taxes, and for no system of accountability.

Obviously, I dont think any rational person would either...so then we must enter into debate and discussion and find the right balance in implementing these institutions and policies. Unfortunately, most dialouge runs to ridiculous extremes.

Reactions: johnhen32287
Anyone that has worked closely with the guy has the same stories. Stop pretending that its only democrats and disgruntleds. Its everyone.

Does it matter? If character matters it matters. Does character matter?

Then I guess that settles it. Someone else has a similar story. I'll keep a check on you, to see if you maintain that same standard, as time goes by.

Who's pretending?

An unfounded accusation and you want to talk about character? Tell me who are you supporting for President and how is their character?

Tell me who are you supporting for President and how is their character?
So maybe this is the root of my departure with most of the right. I don't believe that I have to support someone for President.
I dont believe I have to participate in the electoral process when it would cause me to violate my conscience.
I dont believe America is the end all be all.

• I believe God is Soveriegn and His will, will be done. No exceptions.
  • I do not believe God would have me contradict His word in support of a man or movement. His will, will be done. He doesnt need His people to compromise and obtain political power to accomplish His will. Woe to them that go to Egypt and Egypts king for help.
  • My first allegiance is to the Kingdom of God, not the United States of America. I am a citizen of His kingdom, a sojouner here.
  • I am a follower of Christ. He sets the principles I follow. Not a man.
One day, America will rest on the ash heap of history...along with every other nation, it will lie under the feet of King Jesus. He doesnt need me to vote for Trump.

Triggered? Me? Ha!

First, I'm not a democrat. I'm a traditional republican who believes the goverment is a God-ordained institution to promote the public good and provide a check on evil. To do so requires regulation, funding and a system to hold citizens accountable.

Thus, I would never advocate for no regulation, no taxes, and for no system of accountability.

Obviously, I dont think any rational person would either...so then we must enter into debate and discussion and find the right balance in implementing these institutions and policies. Unfortunately, most dialouge runs to ridiculous extremes.
Including your dialogue about the acid rain and stuff above? Because that rant sounded like someone who watched the DNC last night.

I know in 2024 anyone can call themselves whatever they want and in a chat scenario anything goes. But if you claim that you are a trad Republican and support the idea this country was founded on Christian ideals, why would you hate Trump this much? I don't like him and most people don't but the alternative is to support an evil cabal bent on destroying what little is left of our country.

So attacks against the only alternative sound like you are for the destruction.

Including your dialogue about the acid rain and stuff above? Because that rant sounded like someone who watched the DNC last night.

I know in 2024 anyone can call themselves whatever they want and in a chat scenario anything goes. But if you claim that you are a trad Republican and support the idea this country was founded on Christian ideals, why would you hate Trump this much? I don't like him and most people don't but the alternative is to support an evil cabal bent on destroying what little is left of our country.
If you are sincerly asking...I've hashed this out in other threads...

The left is the left. Let them say and do what they want.

But Trump is destroying the conservative right. He has already destroyed the Republican party. When he is gone, there will be nothing of substance remaining to counter the left and its evils.

Kamala is Kamala...but Trump is destroying / diluting / distorting everything I hold dear...from within.

• Haha
Reactions: Athens is Heaven

You can't argue with these guys. They have their own facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyoDawg307
So maybe this is the root of my departure with most of the right. I don't believe that I have to support someone for President.
I dont believe I have to participate in the electoral process when it would cause me to violate my conscience.
I dont believe America is the end all be all.

• I believe God is Soveriegn and His will, will be done. No exceptions.
  • I do not believe God would have me contradict His word in support of a man or movement. His will, will be done. He doesnt need His people to compromise and obtain political power to accomplish His will. Woe to them that go to Egypt and Egypts king for help.
  • My first allegiance is to the Kingdom of God, not the United States of America. I am a citizen of His kingdom, a sojouner here.
  • I am a follower of Christ. He sets the principles I follow. Not a man.
One day, America will rest on the ash heap of history...along with every other nation, it will lie under the feet of King Jesus. He doesnt need me to vote for Trump.

So, why are you here talking politics?

Interesting.

You get to challenge the opinions of others, but won't take a position to be challenged.

But Trump is destroying the conservative right. He has already destroyed the Republican party. When he is gone, there will be nothing of substance remaining to counter the left and its evils.

Kamala is Kamala...but Trump is destroying / diluting / distorting everything I hold dear...from within.
You have the right diagnosis, but the wrong causation. The RINO's killed the party and he exposed it. Endless wars, spending unchecked for decades, helping offshore much of our economy and never presented an alternative to counter Obamacare. The voters noticed the party offered them nothing and gravitated to a political outsider. The party was ripe for the taking because of 25 years of suck.

Look at the so-called Repug leaders and tell me what they hell they have done for the average American - McConnel, Graham, Kevin McCarthy, Mike Lee? These are the current placeholders, but the downfall started long before with the Bushes/Cheney and then the sad sacks McCain and Romney. Blaming Trump for the party turning to crap is lazy - he exposed it and because he is blunt and mean, you and Peggy Noonan at the WSJ wish it was Breakfast in American with Reagan in 1984.

So, why are you here talking politics?

Interesting.

You get to challenge the opinions of others, but won't take a position to be challenged.
So, why are you here talking politics? I enjoy the banter, politics fascinate me, debate grows the mind, work is slow due to high interest rates drying up capital projects.

You get to challenge the opinions of others, but won't take a position to be challenged. I feel like my positions have been challenged pretty intensly on here. I enjoy it. Iron sharpens iron. Challenge away.

Reactions: celticdawg
You have the right diagnosis, but the wrong causation. The RINO's killed the party and he exposed it. Endless wars, spending unchecked for decades, helping offshore much of our economy and never presented an alternative to counter Obamacare. The voters noticed the party offered them nothing and gravitated to a political outsider. The party was ripe for the taking because of 25 years of suck.

Look at the so-called Repug leaders and tell me what they hell they have done for the average American - McConnel, Graham, Kevin McCarthy, Mike Lee? These are the current placeholders, but the downfall started long before with the Bushes/Cheney and then the sad sacks McCain and Romney. Blaming Trump for the party turning to crap is lazy - he exposed it and because he is blunt and mean, you and Peggy Noonan at the WSJ wish it was Breakfast in American with Reagan in 1984.
Ha!...Well, I did enjoy reading "When Character Was King" my freshman year of college.

It sent me down a Reagan rabbit hole. I have nearly 100 books on Reagan in my library and have read a couple dozen or so biographies.

So yeah...You pegged me there.

Last edited:
So, why are you here talking politics? I enjoy the banter, politics fascinate me, debate grows the mind, work is slow due to high interest rates drying up capital projects.

You get to challenge the opinions of others, but won't take a position to be challenged. I feel like my positions have been challenged pretty intensly on here. I enjoy it. Iron sharpens iron. Challenge away.

Well I was going to challenge your preferred Presidential candidate but....

You can't argue with these guys. They have their own facts.
Its not my own set of facts... Its an exageration to point out the absurdity of a position, Rush used to do it all the time.

Somehow the Republican party has become an anti-governement party and any one who advocates for governement in form or function is a RINO.

There was acid rain. There are countries with trash in the street. Streams have been polluted. We absolutely need regulation. Do Democrats take it to far? Maybe. Do Republicans scare me with talk concerning deregulation? Absolutely.

There is a balance to everything.

Would deregulation help business? Sure. But there is also a cost to doing business the right way and we absolutely need that check in place.

Reactions: johnhen32287

Cool story bro

Nutcase regulation??? Do you want acid rain? Polluted ponds? Trash in the streets? Do you want unethical, profit at all costs businesses doing whatever, however they want?

Reduce Taxes??? How much? Do you want to defund the government? The police? The military? Do you enjoy the highway system?

Out of control DOJ??? No one complained about the DOJ until they began to hold Trump accountable. Local police shoot a black man...there are a few bad apples. DOJ holds Trump accountable...the whole system is out of control

You sound like an anarchist...
Nobody wants any of that. No one wants high gas costs and electrical grids that can not handle the stupid laws being passed that will destroy our country before the climate ever could.

Reduce taxes- yes of course. The US government should be smaller, much smaller. On the national level this is little to no oversight and or concern. The state and local level is where more should happen. Does Wisconsin care if we spend to much or waste money in Georgia? No Georgians would care and there would be accountability.

Out of control DOJ- most definitely. Eric Holder was out of control as have others in the past. Never before has it been weaponized like it is now.

Last edited:

Dang Pharm, you keep embarassing yourself.

Are you 13 years old?

Well said. I was thinking about a response but you nailed it. You can no longer tell the RINOs from the Dems and that I cannot vote for.

Reactions: WyoDawg307

Trump is not someone who I would call conservative, yet his presidency accomplished more for conservatives than any other potus in my lifetime, including RR. So yeah, maybe the good ole republican party needs destroying. It's a good thing, embrace it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT