ADVERTISEMENT

Trump sits down with Maria Bartiromo to discuss his economic plan and let's just say it's frightening how detached from reality he sounds....

And the fact that companies don't move manufacturing to countries with lax environmental and employment laws to SAVE the American consumer money. Any business is always seeking the maximum market price for their product and the lowest cost of producing, transporting and delivering their products to their consumer.

Iows, Apple and Nike still charge premium prices for their products even though they enjoy lower production costs. Their savings isn't passed on to the U.S. consumer, it's merely higher profit. If Trump embarrasses them into admitting that they are manufacturing in a country that abuses human rights, doesn't protect the environment in accordance with the companies' own public positions and imposes tariffs to level out the cost of production, it's not going to cost their customers a dime.
I'd just like to know two things, from a liberal's viewpoint

- Do you actually think there is any substance whatsoever to anything she says, other than to appealing to emotions with unicorn farts, fairy dust, and "free" money?
- Why, if you're for the little guy, are all the biggest guys who abuse the little guys giving you money? Those same guys, some of whom, the executive branch ordered to censor US citizens and complied. I mean quite literally our government is willfully compelling first amendment violations. It's banana republic stuff.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right. I know, of course, that the past is falsified, but it would never be possible for me to prove it, even when I did the falsification myself. After the thing is done, no evidence ever remains."

Last edited:
I’ve watched the entire 39 minutes. Have you? The medical events caused a pause, correct. That’s not why he chose to stop the town hall entirely after four questions and run through 39 minutes of music while dancing awkwardly on stage.

I understand that the MAGA propaganda machine is blazing right now. Laura Ingraham told us last night what a triumph Trump’s interview with Bloomberg was. Did you watch it? It was embarrassing. His answer to how he is going to curtail spending was all about his negotiations for the Airforce One replacement. He doesn’t understand how tariffs (the foundation of his entire economic plan) work. He couldn’t answer the questions about the projected debt of his plan, in any way. It was a disaster, but MAGA will insist he killed it.

There’s no point in debating events, because we can’t even agree on the basic facts of what occurred.

Here’s a question for you. Trump is, again, claiming that the only way he can lose the election is election fraud. Do you agree? When Trump, again, attempts to disrupt the post election process, will what were lies about fraud in 2020 be accurate this time?
ABC News certainly is not part of any "MAGA propaganda machine." However, the same cannot be said for Kamala HQ, whose stated job is to spin things for Harris and against Trump, and left wing click-baiters. I trust that I don't need to explain that.

As to your last question, I don't guess. Most people have no idea how their elections work, and particularly don't realize how subjective the process has become. The reason, I think, is that there is no body of objective standards in force. There are guidelines and benchmarks from the Federal EAC and others, but these are nearly universally disregarded even when the failure is egregious.

I say repeatedly that the Red Team vs. Blue Team paradigm succeeds in getting the general population to fight among ourselves rather than holding the federal government accountable. That's the "Big Club" that all of us here are not in. We should be demanding proof from them, not basing our positions on who won a given election. It is particularly fallacious to demand "proof" from each other, when we aren't the ones with access to all the records, reports and systems.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
What liberals refuse to admit is that it's clear that Trump's intention with tariffs are to put America first and force Chinese companies to lower their price to compete OR force the Chinese government to further subsidize these businesses. It also encourages US companies to keep jobs and production in the US, which is sorely needed.

You don't get to be good at business because you're a rich idiot. He says silly bombastic things, but he isn't mentally unwell, or a racist, and he isn't a threat to democracy. That's all ridiculous lefty hyperbole.
Again the tariffs weren't good for America and economist have shown they cost America upto 250K jobs. You guys really do live in an alternative world.

Again the tariffs weren't good for America and economist have shown they cost America upto 250K jobs. You guys really do live in an alternative world.
The same economists who predicted a great depression and WWIII if Trump won in 2016?

I've always said the greatest job is either an economist or meteorologist bc it doesn't matter what you say. You get paid anyway.

Pppfffffttt.

Trump used them his last term, the economy looked pretty damned good to me.

He’s proved they work. Have the economists??

Still would like to see the party affiliation of the so-called economists, names and the total number, not just a percentage number.

Will take real world from someone that has done it versus theory any day.

I (and you) live in a world where the current administration actually kept, then SIGNIFICANTLY increased tariffs on steel, semiconductors, EVs, lithium batteries, and a whole host of other tech and infrastructure based imports that Trump instituted in 2018.

Unfortunately you don’t read about the Biden/Harris tariff increases and hypothetical impacts on our economy because liberal economists don’t characterize them as “bad for America”.

So, again, here’s an argument that holds no water because you don’t understand what’s going on. You can’t just parrot talking points and expect that someone who doesn’t take any politicians words at face value won’t be more informed than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT